UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2024 2:43 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 126  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 'What You Did in Skyrim Today' Thread
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:44 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

UESPoints: 0
Dwemer diving on the east coast of the island in search of these Black Books. I have no body hair remaining because of Marcuiro's chain lightning and Neloth's Incinerate/fire spells. Sheesh! We're on the same side, guys!

Before meeting the Mushroom Wizard and heading off for the Book, Marcurio and I cleared out a fort on the southern coast of the island. A soldier that seemed honorable in his natural life has returned and seems bent on destroying Raven Rock. I was asked to eliminate this threat and it took a little more effort than I anticipated. That guy's war hammer hit like a.....well, a hammer! It has been a while since the Orc has faced an opponent that could drop his health that much in one hit. Thankfully, I'm Dragonborn and a shout helped save the day. Otherwise, I'm not sure if Mr. Chain Lightning and I would have made it out in one piece.

I've now returned to Raven Rock with the benefit of the Black Book. I've been asked to assist the residents of the settlement and I plan to oblige. My hope is that helping them now will benefit me in my quest to find this Miraak character. I've also been asked to return to the Skaal village on the northeast coast to seek some form of secret. I wouldn't even attempt this under normal circumstances. These aren't normal circumstances.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:46 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox, xbox 360
Other Profiles: Long Quan
Bomani paid a visit to the court of Solitude, and acquired a couple of jobs while there.

The court wizard was wrong. The master vampire at Pinemoon Cave wasn't so tough.

Then, went to investigate Wolfskull cave, interrupting a necromantic ritual. Sorry Potema, not this time.

Now, he's on his way to help Jarl Elisif honor her late husband.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:26 pm 
Warder
Warder

Platform: PC (Morrowind, Oblivion), X360 (Skyrim)
Delia-Jessamine Maric, Breton stealth-mage stressed about the evil in the world:
1. Remembered her purpose and received another job.
2. Was jealous of the women of Windpeak Inn.
3. Couldn't find more Sleeping Tree Sap.
4. Cheated on Dibella.
5. Cleared Fort Fellhammer
6. Decided to keep Torvar away from Dawnstar's women.

Long version
Spoiler:
When Jess awakened at the Frozen Hearth Inn, she was still in her clothes from the night before. She couldn't remember anything after taking the Sleeping Tree Sap. When she wandered into the main hall of the inn, Jess saw that Torvar was already up. She couldn't remember why they were in Winterhold, but she remembered the events at Frostflow Lighthouse the day before. When she saw the little girl Eirid, she remembered her purpose - to try to make her Holds safer.

After breakfast, she went to see Malur about additional work. Another bounty, this time at Fort Fellhammer. Good. Maybe she could find a sap dealer along the way. She now regretted selling a bottle to a certain Whiterun distributor.

Jess decided they should go to Dawnstar first and to the fort the next morning. They fought some bandits on the way, but she found no sap dealers. She didn't know how she would buy sap with Torvar along, anyway. After trading in Dawnstar, Jess decided to see Erandur at Nightcaller Temple. Maybe the former follower of Vaermina turned Priest of Mara could lift her spirit. Torvar did not want to enter the temple. Fine, wait outside. Erandur was not much of a counselor, but Jess received a blessing from Mara - a blessing from Mara for a soul owned by Nocturnal.

They returned to Dawnstar and entered Windpeak Inn. Immediately, Jess noticed Torvar taking a long look at Karita, and Jess disapproved. So that's why he didn't want to go in the temple - he wanted to make sure they came back to Dawnstar for the night. She would have to compete with Karita, so after renting a room, she changed into her most revealing dress. Then two single female miners entered the inn. Coming here was a really bad idea. She sat at the bar with Torvar for a while, drinking wine and listening to Karita. Jess was getting bored, but Torvar showed no signs of wanting to turn in. Jess reminded him that they had work to do in the morning and told him not to stay up too late. She had no sap to help her sleep, so she downed another bottle of wine and went to bed.

The next morning, Torvar was already up - or had he gone to bed at all?

Leaving Dawnstar, Jess stopped to trade a few items with a Khajiit caravan, and discreetly asked if they had any sap. They did not, but they had skooma. Jess bought two bottles. Maybe she would try it if she couldn't find sap. Already blessed by Mara, Jess passed by the shrine of Dibella, and felt unfaithful. She always received Dibella's blessing at every shrine. She was wearing her Amulet of Dibella, though - she rarely removed it.

They arrived at Fort Fellhammer. Jess poisoned her bow and tried to sneak up on the fort, but Torvar was spotted. She shot the sentry with a poisoned arrow, and killed him with the second shot. The other bandits were alerted, though, and one charged at them. Jess wounded the bandit and left her for Torvar to finish off, then entered the gate, where she traded shots with an archer, killing him. They sneaked into the garrison and Jess poisoned her bow again. Two shots killed the leader. After they cleared the mine of bandits, they went to the roof and watched the sun set.

Jess decided that they would spend the night at the fort. She did not want Torvar around the women of Windpeak Inn again.

Last edited by Snail's Pace on Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:16 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, Morrowind
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 7
A strange thing happened today. Lieth the Bosmer decided to give a damn about her marriage. Brother in-law Farkas now lives with the family at Lakeview Manor, so she thought it would be a perfect time to go on a second honeymoon with Vilkas. Destination: Dovah's Risky Adventures. Marcurio finally gets a break from all the stress of travels and can hang out with Lieth's family, since no one else in the world wants him. With a house full of people, the kids are secure, so Lieth and Vilkas left early in the morning and headed North.

They fought a local necromancer, which turned out to be a royal pain in the rear for the archer and her warrior husband. They killed a giant in the tundra and Vilkas nearly lost his life when he was tossed up in the air by the giant's club. Next they cleared out a vampire den, and on the list is a bandit's hideout close by. Bandits always have good treasures, so she's looking forward to this. :Twisted Evil:

Lieth hopes to reconnect with her husband after months of barely speaking to him. They need this time...and it would be nice if Vilkas showed her some affection in return. Or that he was worth a damn in battle. And thanks to the Tweak Followers mod, he speaks more than he did before. He questioned her loudly about digging through barrels in the necromancer's lair. SHH! Vilkas is not very bright, but she loves him. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:49 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO
UESPoints: 2
Sorcha, having finished her obligation to tell the Jarl of Whiterun about the dragon, decided to continue on to her original reason for entering Skyrim: the College of Winterhold. Not up to the task of trekking all the way there (I was short on time, lol), she took a carriage ride, and quickly found that the hold was aptly named: it was freezing, and the girl holding her up at the gate took too long walking her into the College. Sorcha nearly froze (I have Frostfall, and while I love it, am still getting used to it). Still, she was very thankful for the room given to her, as she needed a place to store the books she's 'acquired' from Dragonreach.

After participating in a demonstration of ward-spells, she ran to the expedition site of Saarthal, after first watching a pack of wolves take out an elk. She killed them, though they seemed to keep coming (ending with a six or seven dead) before harvesting from them and their kill. She journeyed through Saarthal, and was more than willing to let Tolfdir walk ahead as much as she could (during the part without him, she relied on her conjured wolf instead).

At the end of a very long day, exhausted, she collapsed in her room. She would speak with the Arch-Mage later.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:52 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim Legendary, ESO, Legends
Platform: PC, PS3
Other Profiles: Steam: Captain Mauin, ESO: @Mauin and @Merorzen, Legends: Mauin
UESPoints: 1
Created a Khajiit earlier (named Zaniir) to just... Mess around.
Spent a while wandering around with her, then went to Bleak Falls and started the Main Quest. Murdered a few people in Whiterun (Nazeem being one of them) and was forced to flee when the guards when hostile even though I didn't have a bounty. Came back later to report to the Jarl and he set her out to fight a Dragon. She killed it and came back, then murdered Heimskr on her way out of Whiterun.

Went Dragon hunting after that. I got as far as Bonestrewn Crest before the game finally spawned a Sun Dragon. I fought the thing, desperately hoping it wouldn't use its sun burst ability thing on me if I got a kill move... It did (sent me flying during the kill cam, causing the camera to get stuck on that spot). I was forced to reload from before I killed Heimskr. Did everything again in a hurry, then picked up a Khajiit follower of mine and went dungeon diving.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:45 pm 
Warder
Warder

Delia-Jessamine Maric, insomniac Breton stealth-mage
1. Can't find Sleeping Tree Sap and doesn't like skooma
2. Began exterminating the Falmer in Winterhold.

Long version
Spoiler:
Delia-Jessamine Maric, Breton stealth-mage, continues her campaign to make her Holds safer - and to acquire some more Sleeping Tree Sap. She tried a bottle of skooma that she bought from the Khajiit, but it didn't do anything for her. It certainly didn't help her sleep.

After sleeping poorly at Fort Fellhammer, Jess left with Torvar toward Winterhold. Along the way, she remembered a location that she felt an urgent need to visit - Sightless Pit. She remembered passing the entrance before and seeing signs of Falmer. After Frostflow Lighthouse, Jess was determined to eradicate Falmer from Winterhold. So she and Torvar detoured to Sightless Pit and killed all of the Falmer they found within.

It was already nighttime when they emerged outside, but Jess wanted to check on Aranea Ienith. Months earlier, Jess and Brelyna had assisted the Dunmer woman - it was the last time that Jess and Brelyna had adventured together. Aranea was still dutifully tending to Azura's shrine and repeated her offer to help Jess if she ever needed it. With Torvar already with her, Jess respectfully declined.

They returned to Winterhold and, the next day, collected the bounty for the Fellhammer bandits.

Jess decided to extend their stay in Winterhold in order to continue exterminating Falmer. They checked two more locations: Whistling Mine and Stillborn Cave. Whistling Mine turned out to be an actual working mine - Jess was embarrassed that she did not know that. Still, she worried that the overly-optimistic miners might break through to a Falmer den. Stillborn Cave was an obvious Falmer den, but Jess had passed it numerous times without stopping. By the end of the day, all of the Falmer in Stillborn Cave were dead.

They returned to Winterhold that night and tried to decide what to do next. Perhaps a return to Bleakreach to eradicate the Falmer there. Months earlier, after Jess had been jilted by Brynjolf, Jess and Brelyna undertook an expedition to Alftand and explored some of Blackreach, but had to leave when their provisions ran low. A new expedition would require more provisions than she and Torvar could acquire in Winterhold, however. And she still didn't have any more Sleeping Tree Sap.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:06 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Poor Aicantar. The last thing he wanted was a dog. Unfortunately for him, Sylmirie found a puppy in the woods next to an abandoned shack. Even though Aicantar made his feelings over the subject known by calling the dog stupid, Sylmirie insisted, and so they took the dog with them across the marshes to Folgunthur. They set up a nice camp and left Meeko by the fire while they raided the tomb for treasures and Shalidor's Secrets.

After a couple nights spent camping in the swamp, they pushed on to Solitude for some bartering. On the way to Solitude, Aicantar attacked Meeko but they settled their differences once Sylmirie stepped in with some ice spikes (sorry husband). Somewhere in Solitude she actually heard husband calling Meeko a good dog. Yeah buddy, he's an innocent animal. Stop attacking him. When they finally arrived home in Markarth, Sylmirie was excited to hand Elenaril (aka Lucia) her six dresses, new Dwarven dish set, sweetrolls, 1000 gold, and new puppy. The kid gladly accepted all the other gifts...but didn't even ask about the puppy. She's ignored him so far and even pulled her dagger out on him (which happens in every incarnation of Sylmirie's life).

So elfie has decided to take the dog for a trip to the college to do some business, then Riften, and come back to give the family time to think about the new addition. Point is, he's not going anywhere. They just better get used to it. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:14 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games: oblivion, skyrim
Platform: xbox 360/one
UESPoints: 14
Went to Movarth's liar at the behest of the Jarl of Morthal. Met up with a bunch of guys, who then decided that they didnt want to go into the cave.
Went in with Marcurio and encountered a spider, some vampire's thralls, mistwalkers and then Movarth himself. He was a somewhat average kill. I am surprised by the vampires in that they dont seem any different than mages, from what ive seen so far. They dont turn into bats, dont look any different and are no different to kill.

Just as I got into Morthal to give the news to the Jarl, an Elder dragon turned up. I attacked with my usual fireballs, but, as has happened before, a guard and villager got too close to the dragon and got hit with my spell. So then, dragon attack, followed by guards firing arrows at me. Grrrr!
Just nearing the dragon's demise, I must have injured Jorgen, who works at the mill, who started attacking. I sheathed my weapon, but he continued to attack. Unfortunately I had to kill him because of this, meaning once the dragon was dead, it was an immediate arrest for me. I decided to begrudgingly pay the 1040 gold instead of going to jail.
I think perhaps I should use a more coherent spell next time, if there are people in the vicinity, but I do favour the fireball.

After informing the Jarl that Movarth was gone, I got 1000 gold (so my bounty back really!) and now I have to do some good deeds for a few residents of Hjaalmarch hold to become Thane. Ive no idea who though.

I finished the day there, noticing that Marcurio seems to be lagging behind quite often. Maybe he's carrying too much of my junk. I will have to go and sell some things I think.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:40 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO
Platform: PS4
Other Profiles: PSN: Wraith115
I stole a bunch of things from Solitude for a bedlam job, nearly got caught a few times. Went back to Riften to fence it all off, spent the money on training and a new bow.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:54 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Finished assisting with a family feud issue in Raven Rock and was rewarded with a home on the island! This is exactly what I needed in order to extend my stay while continuing with the search for this Miraak.

After a few days of crafting in my new home and unloading loot as the vendors had coin, I prepared myself and Marcurio for a journey to the northeast of the island to visit the Skaal again. Once there, I asked the old Shaman about the Secrets of the Skaal and he seems somewhat willing to give them up if I assist him once more. These Standing Stones, he wants the remainder cleansed and it seems I'm the Orc for the job.

Off we go again.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:56 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PS3 PS4
Other Profiles: BuzBee3(PSN)
Last we saw Ursula, working on a book puzzle in Acropha, trying to get to Miirak. The [&@%!] keeps stealing the dragon souls in Skyrim...anyway. Went home to my house full of people and summoned a Dremora merchant to sell my excess **ap to, and Vorstag had money to spend, so I sold him some stuff. Made 2750 gold on the booty. Did some gardening, which I love to do in real life also. Made some potions. You know, just a day in the life of a Nord mom. Oh, I bought a cow too. :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:26 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Yesterday, I loaded up Vara for the first time in ages. Took me a while to remember what I was doing, but once I did, I went and finished the Civil War and Dawnguard with her.

Today, she brought Valerica out of the Soul Cairn, did some work for the Vampires, turned Onmund into a Vampire, and then started the Main Quest.
Things went bad as soon as she started the main quest. I got a C++ error about 3 minutes into the game. Tried again. 25 minutes later, it CTD'd. CTD'd again another 5 minutes later. CTD'd again another 20 minutes after that. Another C++ error about 20 minutes after that.

Now, Vara only has about 37 hours on her (with an 11MB save), so she shouldn't be doing that. I doubt any of my other characters would. As a matter of fact, Vara was just fine until she did either the Civil War or Dawnguard. There's an issue with something in one of those questlines that is causing problems within my game. The exact same thing happened with Vulom III. Just after finishing the Civil War and Dawnguard, she went to do the Main Quest... Only to start getting C++ errors every 20 minutes. Everything was fine up until that point.

I'm fairly certain this is being caused by one of my mods. I just don't know which one. However, I do have my suspicions. My Skyrim Tweaks mod -a large overhaul that edits many aspects of the game- is showing errors in TESVEdit. I believe that usually means there is corrupted data in the mod that cannot be read by TESVEdit. I haven't checked any of the others, but I know that mod is showing errors. Considering its scale... There's a pretty good chance that it could be the cause of it. In order to find out, I'm going to either have to start a new game with that mod deleted, or recreate the mod and try again. I'm opting to recreate the mod.

This is going to take me a very long time... Not exactly looking forward to it, but it's necessary considering my saves are going to become unplayable after either the Civil War or Dawnguard. It might actually be Dawnguard that's the problem. I remember Jyr Shadow-Blade did the Civil War and the Main Quest without suffering any issues. She didn't do Dawnguard.

I guess my option is to recreate the mod. If that fails, I'll try redownloading the DLC. If that doesn't work... A full reinstall of the game and all my mods.

Edit:
And I'm also going to have to restart my characters... Again. They've been touched by the broken mod. There's no way to clear that data out of their saves. Sorry, Vulom. And Vara. And Zaniir. And From-Blackest-Reaches. And Hunts-With-Fury.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:24 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrobloodtribunal, Oblivering Knights, Skydawnfireborn
UESPoints: 2
Marilyn took a carriage from Whiterun to Dawnstar because a book had told her she would go there (Interesting NPC quest, nicely done; it's not everyday you open a book in Skyrim and discover that it's about your own character!), only to find out that the job she'd been promised was somewhere on the Whiterun tundra :roll: . On their way back to Whiterun, she and Gorr passed several forts infested with bandits and Silver Hand members who eagerly volunteered to die and be looted, so they ended up having to double back to Dawnstar and sell their amassed loot before setting forth once more on the next day. This time they had a few run-ins with sabercats and wolves, and Frost proved a totally badass horse by killing a snow bear all by himself. The rest of the journey went uneventful until they passed Loreius farm and met a strange little man in jester's clothes who needed assistance with a broken wagon wheel. Something about that meeting filled Marilyn with the most peculiar forebodings as if the jester would still play an important part in her life, so for once she decided to be helpful and convince the farmer to fix the wheel. Very strange indeed...

Jeder sollte einmal reisen in das schöne Vvardenfell!

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:43 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yesterday I was going through that part of theF Dawnguard main quest where you have to travel to the five way shrines of Auri-El. I forgot to quick save so I got killed by those two dragons and started back at my auto save from the second way shrine and I was so [&@%!] I rage quit for the night. Hopefully today I'll be luckier, those dragons were a hell lot tougher than I expected.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:32 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

After I finished recreating my mod, I jumped right into testing. Created a new Altmer character to do this. So far, she has gone through Bleak Falls, done Discerning the Transmundane, and killed Mirmulnir. No issues yet. Although I expected none. The real test will come when I get around to doing Dawnguard. I removed all the old Dawnguard related scripts, reinstalled the DLC, recreated my mod, reduced my load order by around 20 mods, and updated the unofficial patches. If that doesn't work, I don't know what will.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:03 am 
Warder
Warder

Delia-Jessamine Maric, Breton stealth-mage, Falmer exterminator, and sleepless defender of public safety:
1. Saw that clearing Fort Kastav of evil mages may have done some good for the safety of Winterhold.
2. Found Mount Anthor and another strange wall.
3. Exterminated the Falmer and other nasties in Blackreach with Torvar.
4. Found Raldbthar and extended her campaign of Falmer eradication into another hold.

Long version
Spoiler:
Delia-Jessamine Maric, Breton stealth-mage, Falmer exterminator, and sleepless defender of public safety, began a new expedition to Blackreach, this time with Torvar in tow. They intended to do what Jess and Brelyna had been unable to do on the previous expedition for lack of provisions - check every nook and cranny of Blackreach for Falmer and kill 'em all. Along the way she found that killiing the mages at Fort Kastav appeared to have done some good, as a large group of Stormcloak soldiers had moved into the area. Good, maybe they will keep the evil mages away. Then they found Mount Anthor, killed a couple of mages (including an Arch-Conjurer that did not conjure anything and instead used shock spells). At Mount Anthor, Jess found another of the strange billboards that etches indecipherable words into her mind. She has no idea what these "Word Walls" are for, or that she is the subject of a song often sung by bards.

At Alftand and then Blackreach, Jess and Torvar left no area unexplored and no Falmer, chaurus, troll, or spider alive. They did spare the giant, however. At one point, Jess cast a Rout spell on a Centurion Master - it ran away and, oddly, they never saw it again during their explorations. Maybe the giant destroyed it for them. After several days in the cavern, Jess lost all sense of time, and thankfully, was able to sleep again without the aid of Sleeping Tree Sap. She and Torvar took turns sleeping in the single bed at Sinderion's Laboratory. Jess is still being cautious not to give Torvar the wrong idea about the state of their relationship, but she simply told Torvar that one of them needed to stand guard at all times (despite that she and Brelyna did not post a guard while sleeping there previously).

They exited Blackreach using the Raldbthar elevator and found another Dwarven ruin previously unknown to Jess. She decided to return after trading and provisioning in Windhelm. At Raldbthar, they continued Jess's mission to eradicate Falmer, but with a new twist: She was now extending her campaign into a hold where she is not a thane. They also killed a number of bandits, but left alive a strange Breton man who did not seem to care one way or another when Jess sniped the two bandits he was with - it was unclear what his relation to the bandits was, and Jess decided not to risk killing an innocent. They made their way all the way back into Blackreach, slept at Sinderion's, and returned to Windhelm the next day.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:27 am 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games: Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim
Other Profiles: perylousdemon (Steam)
Ajiran killed Mirmulnir, fended off a couple vampires and Miraak's cultists, and rescued a woman named Zora Fair-Child (Interesting NPCs) from Brittleshin Pass. Zora is now following her around, and some of the things she says make Ajiran smile. For instance, she called Nazeem in Whiterun insecure, and wanted to name one of the training dummies in Fort Greymoor. Tomorrow, there is much exploring to do!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:41 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Lieth the Bosmer and husband Vilkas continued their exploration of the coast by Castle Volkihar. Not that she knows that's what that huge building is...yet. Destination? The tomb of Ysgramor. Yep, Bosmer decided it was time to clean up her act. She wants her family back, and her marriage saved, so she's giving up the wolf blood. Its been a tough decision for her but, ya know, she'd like to have lover's comfort back. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:52 pm 
Champion
Champion

Platform: Xbox, xbox 360
Other Profiles: Long Quan
^ What? That's unexpected.

Bomani has been traveling, and entering every Nordic Ruin he comes across. With every new Word of Power he learns, he craves more.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:54 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

^^Its a long story. Basically, she turned Marcurio into a werewolf and slaughtered a bunch of people with him. She felt extreme remorse about her behavior, so she's curing herself.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:20 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Yesterday, I took Glimmer through the Dawnguard questline. Took a while (and was made slightly difficult because the kitten seems to insist upon perching on my shoulder), but everything seems to be working. No glitches with Dawnguard or any other part of the game so far. Only one random CTD after finishing Dawnguard. No C++ errors.

Anyway, so far today she has started the Main Quest (on Diplomatic Immunity right now) and has started her exploration of Skyrim. Going to do some dungeon diving before I do the Civil War. I doubt she'll finish the Main Quest for a while.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:54 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games: oblivion, skyrim
Platform: xbox 360/one
UESPoints: 14
Wanted to buy a house in Solitude, so went to do the pre-requisite quests.
Took me a while to find Wolfskull Cave, thought it would be a fairly usual trek but was surprised to find a group of necromancers trying to summon the Wolf Queen, Ptotema. I summoned a dremora to take care of some mages atop of a fort inside the cave, and he did a good job, killing 4 necromancers, a draugr and the ritual master.
Thought the coast was clear, but encountered another draugr and then a deathlord, the latter of which finished me off. Second time round, I used a shield and he was defeated. A couple of ebony goodies marked the end of the quest.

The second task for the Solitude Jarl was to take her late husband's war horn to a shrine of Talos.
The location was near Fellglow Keep, which I had visited before to retrieve some stolen books for the College of Winterhold. I fast travelled there, greeted by a few mages and an Elder dragon swooping down.
It took a while to slay the dragon, but from under a handy bridge, Marcurio and I were able to finish him off.

The shrine was a minute away, sheltered under a rocky overhang. Just as we got there, a Frost dragon slammed aground. Dragons!
Quest done, I was finally able to buy Proudspire Manor. Was somewhat surprised by the price, my whole savings, but in seeing the interior and buying a few decorations, I think I will keep the new abode.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:38 am 
Warder
Warder

Mauin wrote:
Yesterday, I took Glimmer through the Dawnguard questline. Took a while (and was made slightly difficult because the kitten seems to insist upon perching on my shoulder)

Is this kitten from a mod? And how does the kitten hold on to your armor?

Just kidding... I know you're talking about a real-life kitten.

@Dohva2012... Don't forget to take a Glenmoril Witch Head. My stealth-mage spent two days traveling to Ysgramor's Tomb and when the critical emotion-packed moment came when she was finally going to cure her lycanthropy... we find that she, I mean, I had left the witch head back in Riften. Doh!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:57 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

^^Yeah, she had to go back home for the witch's head and spent forever searching from chest to chest because she couldn't remember where she put the darn thing. That was annoying.

Ahh Sylmirie. It feels so good blowing up the world bad guys with you. She traveled with Mjoll and her two dogs: Meeko and Vigilance from the Rift to COW. Went inside Tovald's Cave (I despise that place) and nearly died at the end from a combination of a Falmer Shaman's ice storm spells and poisoned arrows. But as her life hung by a thread, she was able to run back into the corridor to heal herself. Mjoll is a wicked fighter. She took down 3 Falmer by herself while the dogs took out a Chaurus Reaper. The end of that cave is...its...Oblivion.

Never going back there. Damn you, Urag. Stop sending Sylmirie to search for books in Falmer caves! She swears he's trying to have her killed secretly.

Once the party was safe at COW, Sylmirie released Mjoll and to her surprise, Aerin was RIGHT THERE ready to take her home. :shock: How'd he get there so fast?

Now Sylmirie has taken Onmund on as an apprentice. First things first, he had to kill a dragon to show her his worthiness otherwise she would have marched him right back to the college. He did awesome, so on they go to...somewhere.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 126  Next