UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:13 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1005 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 41  Next
 Post subject: Re: Your Skyrim Character(s)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:36 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PS3
UESPoints: 0
Why do Bretons look so old! I wish we had an age slider so I could remove those damn forehead wrinkles!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:27 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: oblivion GOTY, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox-360
This is for the lolz...

Name: Lifts-Her-tail.

Skills:one handed, two handed, sneak, speech. ( think about it)

Backstory:one day a crazed mage developed a spell to materialize characters from books, although they came out as paper replicas, so he tried to create one living being from one of his books in his great library....years later he perfected an actually being from only books. Unfortunately the only book that he had that wasn't ruined was, the lusty argonian maid...so he went through it that night, that morning lifts-her-tail left with some gold and one of the mages spare outfits....

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:36 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion & Shivering isles, Skyrim
Platform: PC
I never choose my style of play in advance, (except my race, which was always Redguard), i just play the game, and I ended up with:

Race: Redguard
Level: 63
Skills: archery 100, onehanded 100, heavy armour 100, smithing 100, speach 100, lockpicking 97, sneak 96, light armour 95, restoration 85, other below 50
Standing stone: Lover
House: Main - Solitude, favourite - Markarth

Trying to do all quests in the game, but those kids never get tired... Not to mention chopping wood / mining ore for money... :)

Perhaps an arrow to the knee will end my efforts...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:10 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Oblivion
Platform: Xbox 360
I really have not attached myself to any one particular play style. I've tried mage and warrior, but I think I will go with the following for a "main character".

Name: Skrull Tamathan
Race: Nord
Style: Fighter
Allegiance: Neutral, but tends toward the Stormcloaks

Captured for: Transporting weapons from Cyrodill into Skyrim.
Guild: Belongs to the Tamathan Trading Company, Procurements Officer.

Unwritten job description: Transportation of weapons to the provinces of Tamriel; Artifact Investigator; Geographer.

Skills: One-Handed weaponry; Shield expert; Minor magicka use (Restoration); Smithing of Heavy Armour; Enchanter of Heavy Armour; Minor use of Bows and Arrows; Minor use of Two-Handed weaponry.

Code of Ethics: While his job is to deal arms to all militaries (legally and illegally) throughout the Tamriel provinces, Skrull Tamathan is respectful of other races, and the locals. His honour code is above reproach, assisting those in need of anything; big or small. His run-ins on various occasions with the Dark Brotherhood has led him to openly oppose and in some case try to destroy the group that works in each of the lands of Tamriel.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:32 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Name: Mordragesh gro-Kurok
Race: Orc
Style: Warrior
Skills: One handed, heavy armor, block (wish they had halberds)

Have not yet pieced together a background for him but most likely he did serve in the Deathshead legion in Gnisis, involved with providing relief effort to the Dunmer refugees before arriving in Skyrim.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:50 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

My initial character:

Name: Arsh'uish-Su
Race: Argonian (Male)
Skill Focus: One-Handed (duel; usually mace in the left, sword in the right), Light Armour, Sneak
Standing Stone: Shadow
Playstyle: Thief
Civil War Standing: Imperial
Personality:Humorous, Loud, Raucous, Infectious Likability
Worships: Nocturnal
Married: Yes
House: Riften
Background: Son to the famous Argonian merchant Tu'riesh-Su, Arsh'uish-Su was kicked out of the merchanting family's estate at the age of 13 after he refused to believe he would follow down the 'same old boring path as his father'. As he travelled through Elsweyr he was found and taken care of by the Thieves Guild'. For several years he made thousands of septims working and collaborating with the guild, and he became one of the main noblemen in Corinthe. One day, coming home from finishing a job, he noticed his house was on fire and as he approached his house he saw several Thalmor agents surrounding his manor throwing torches onto it. Immediately he fled the country, making the province that the Thalmor would least expect to find him, Skyrim. As he attempted to cross the border, he had been ambushed by some Imperial guards trying to find Stormcloak rebels. Accusing him of being a rebel, the Imperials set him up for execution...

My second character:

Name: Drenim Salenim
Race: Dunmer (Male)
Skill Focus: Destruction, Heavy Armour, Conjuration, Restoration, One-Handed
Standing Stone: The Atronach
Playstyle: Battlemage
Civil War Standing: Neutral (leaning towards Imperial)
Personality: Intelligent, arrogant, knowledgeable, much like most Telvanni is often suspicious and wary of outsiders/strangers but will do anything for a friend
Worships: None, preferring the word of science and logic over the word of 'false gods'
Married: Yes (Wife is back in Port Telvannis)
House: Markarth Side
Background: Drenim was a high-class scholar in Port Telvannis, hosting weekly lectures on such topics as magics, daedric princes, history (including the Dwemer, Chimer and the Nedic peoples, as well as the Dragonkind), and historical biographies. Although he is arrogant, most people who he lectures to see past this, to his intelligence, most likely due to the Telvanni culture of usual arrogance. Eventually, his interest in Dwemer/Falmer history brought him to Skyrim. As he attempted to secure his transport across the border by caravan, he was captured by some Imperial border-control watchmen. After, he evaded execution, he requisitioned a house in Markarth using his sizable Telvanni research fund. He now travels Skyrim researching the curious sub-cultures of the large province.
Note: In each Elder Scrolls I usually make a Dunmer to roleplay, and each Dunmer I create usually follows the same bloodline, with the last name Salenim (in the case of the closeness of Morrowind/Oblivion in the timeline I used two relatives such as cousins).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:48 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: All of em
Platform: Xbox/PC
Name: Drizzt Drakyas.
Race: Dunmer. 256th Deadra
Combat Style: Archery, Knives.
Skills: Archery, Alchemy, Light Armour
Biography: Born into the Dark Brotherhood, he has served sithis for all his days. His family all but decimated by the nordic holds after they learned of his deadra-tainted blood, he escaped from their wrath by sheer coincidence. After an Epiphiny, during a failed contract, He signed on for the legion as an agent. He now stalks the land, still garbed in the tools of his former trade, destroying all Stormcloaks and Bandits with impunity

((Interesting side note, My toon accidentaly followed a chain of quests nearly symetrical to the plot of waylander. Assasin, killed important guy, help important guys side win war, bugger off into sunset with lydia/Danyal))

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:13 am 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Oblivion, Morrowind
Name: Alessia
Race: Breton
Personality: Greedy, manipulative, distant.
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Worships: Nocturnal
Class: Arcane Archer
Bio/Backstory:
Difficulty: Master
Stat distribution: All in Stamina

Perks: http://skyrimcalculator.com/#21841

* Falmer Helm Fortify Archery/Fortify Conjuration AND Copper and Onyx Circlet Fortify Archery/Fortify Conjuration
* Daedric Chest Fortify Stamina Regeneration/Fortify Conjuration
* Daedric Gauntlets Fortify Archery/Fortify Carry Weight
* Daedric Boots Fortify Stamina Regeneration/Muffle
* Ammy Fortify Archery/Fortify Stamina Regeneration
* Ring Fortify Archery/Fortify Conjuration
* Daedric Bow Fiery Soul Trap/Hunter's Prowess AND Bound Bow

The Lady Stone

~

Name: Dura
Race: Orc
Personality: Intelligent, careful, opportunist.
Alignment: True neutral
Worships: Malacath
Class: Spellsword
Bio/Backstory:
Stat distribution: All in Mana

Perks: http://skyrimcalculator.com/#21631

* Gold and Emerald Circlet Fortify Destruction & Fortify Mana Regen/Fortify Mana Regen
* Master Robes of Illusion
* Shrouded Hand Wraps
* Boots Fortify Stam/Fortify Stam Regen
* Gold Emerald Ring Fortify Destruction & Fortify Mana Regen/Fortify Mana Regen
* Amulet of Akatosh
* Blade of Woe

Apprentice Stone

~

Name: Siri
Personality: Leader, strong willed, reliable.
Alignment: Lawful good
Worships: Stendarr
Class: Crusader
Bio/Backstory:
Stat distribution: All in Health

Perks: http://skyrimcalculator.com/#21848

* Falmer Helm Fortify Restoration/Water Breathing AND Gold and Ruby Circlet Fortify Restoration/Fortify Lockpicking
* Dragonplate Chest Fortify Health/Fortify Restoration
* Dragonplate Gauntlets Fortify One-Handed/Fortify Block
* Dragonplate Boots Fortify One-Handed/Fortify Stamina
* Amulet of Stendarr
* Ring Fortify Restoration/Fortify One-Handed
* Dawnbreaker

The Lord Stone

~

I'm too lazy to add in the backstories, oh well~

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:26 am 
Goatmom/Moderator
Goatmom/Moderator

UESPoints: 88
dubq wrote:

William Greyjoy

Oh come on!
He could have been a Stark.

On company time

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:43 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Oblivion
Name:Vulom Unslaad (means "Darkness Eternal" in the dragon language :D )
Race: To be Determined
Skill Focus: Conjuration, Sneak, One-Handed, Archery
Style: Sneaky, quiet rogue who blends with the shadows almost like a second skin. Likes to summon weapons and creatures from oblivion to aid him in battle.
Backstory:From a young age Vulom had an apptitude for magic. However, he used his power to summon foul creatures from the depths of oblivion. When he was young his entire family was killed when a detachment of stormchasloaks had way to much mead, and decided it would be fun to torture and kill his family. While hiding in a secret room behind a false wall, Vulom could do nothing but watch through the peep hole and listen, as the soldiers forced his father to watch as they raped and then killed his mother. After that they killed his father and set the house on fire. Furious, and overwhelmed with rage and hatered at the men who had did this too his family, Vulom pretended to need shelter because he was lost so the stormcloaks took him in. During the night, Vulom prayed to nocturnal that the shadows would conceal him forever, and nocturnal anwsered his prayers. Cloaked in shadows that surrounded his body, Vulom snuck around the soldiers post in to the barracks, and with the anger, fury, and vengeance that streamed through his body, He used all of this energy, and managed to some how summon a powerful dremora lord who he commanded to kill all the soldiers. The scene was bloody, and not a single soldier was left. Now in his late 20's Vulom is a wanderer who enjoys the country side, especially the eastern mountain region of the reach. He has an utter hatered for all stormcloaks, and kills them on sight. He prefers to stay out of city, but will go from time to time for supplies. Volum has an even greater understanding of Conjuration magick, and often summons dremora, or elemental attronachs to aid him in battle, while using weapons crafted, and summoned from oblivion itself.

Shadow hide you...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:34 pm 
The New Number Two
The New Number Two

ES Games: Mw, Ob, Sk
UESPoints: 1
my next character will be a fat Khaajit mage, based upon the old idea of a Rakshasa, a shape changing tifer demon

i also want to play a skinny Nord called "Matt the Destroyer", who will wield dual pick axes for his entire career, eventually he'll have a pair of legendary, poisoned fully enchanted pickaxes..

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:49 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Oblivion, Morrowind, Skyrim
Platform: PS4, PS3, xbox 1, xbox 360, PC
Mattbott wrote:
my next character will be a fat Khaajit mage, based upon the old idea of a Rakshasa, a shape changing tifer demon

i also want to play a skinny Nord called "Matt the Destroyer", who will wield dual pick axes for his entire career, eventually he'll have a pair of legendary, poisoned fully enchanted pickaxes..

these ideas i like, always saw khajit as being an interpretation of the rakshasa,

i'm lining up a cloth wearing pacifist druid type, focusing on block, speech, illusion, and restoration.
bosmer seems like the obvious choice but i'm also tempted to try and make a hot orc babe,
lorewise i'm not sure how much orsimer fit in with druidry,
and it'd be a shame to not make the most of the beserker power,
but i'll see how i get on with the character creator before i decide anything (as ever).
could be she'll end up a psycho murdering people hater for all i know.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:39 pm 
Layman
Layman

Platform: PS3
Name: Agrippa
Race: Imperial (Female)
Class: Light Paladin
Skill Focus: One-Handed (mace), Restoration, Speech, Light Armor, Smithing
Civil War Standing: Imperial
House: Solitude

Name: Cardiff
Race: Breton (Male)
Class: Thief Archer
Skill Focus: Archery, Sneak, Pickpocket, Illusion
Civil War Standing: couldn't care less (eventually Stormcloaks)
House: Riften

I've been going through a case of new-file-fever, so I'm groping around in the dark for a sufficiently unique third character template. I might just pull some skills out of a hat and build the character around that :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:10 am 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Oblivion, Morrowind, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox360, Xbox, PC
race: Dark elf
name:morlag
class: spell sword
skill focus: Pure destruction, duel weilding, awsomeness, one handed
civil war standings: Ex stormcloak disband after trying to kill ulfric from guilt of what he did during the battle of solitude
Personality: Mostly good but tends to have muscle spazames while holding swords near guards

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:53 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind

Name: Hólfgar í Gøtu
(based off of Tróndur í Gøtu, a viking that lived on the Faroe Islands, specifically the island Eysturoy between 945 and 1035. He was opposed to the Christianity coming to the islands, and wanted the Norse religion to be preserved. I thought this was relevant to the worship of Talos being preserved against the Empire's and Thalmor's want to remove it.)

Background: Lived on Solstheim, and went to fight in The Great War to fight the Aldmeri Dominion. He was injured in battle, and resided as the guard captain of Bruma for a few years. After being displeased by the Empire 's ways and hearing of the Civil war in Skyrim, he left to cross the border to join the Stormcloak rebellion. He is heavily opposed to the removal of Talos, a "true god and warrior" and "the soul of the Empire." He believes that the 'Empire' in control right now isn't a true divine Empire, for it was founded by a warlord. Only by the worship of Talos and divine interaction will it become a true Empire again. The first steps of the process will to have the Stormcloaks win the civil war, remove the current Empire, and take out the Thalmor.

Skills/class: Warrior focused, birthsign is The Warrior. Main skills are Smithing, Two-handed, and Heavy Armor.

Guilds: Companions, Dark Brotherhood (with hopes to assassinate leaders of the Empire)

War Campaign: Stormcloaks

House: Hjerim, to live in the first city in Tamriel, to live in Ysrammor's city, and to serve Ulfric. (until the CK comes out, he will live in a castle 8) )

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:38 am 
Associate
Associate

Platform: PC, Xbox 360
I've been juggling a few ideas as of late for a character and I plan on using a few of them as characters in a story I'm writing. Here are the 3 main ones (with more in the works). This may include some spoilers (but since the game has been out for a month, I bet most of you forum goers have already done your homework) but these details are essential to the character's backgrounds. For that reason and the fact that there may be people who have yet to experience the awesomeness that is Skyrim I'll keep it vague.

Name: Marcus
Race: Imperial
Class/Skill-set: Ranger; Sword & shield, bows, light/heavy armor
Backstory: A former Imperial Legion forester that was enlisted during the closing days of the
Spoiler:
Great War
. Deserted the Legion after the end of the war and lived the life of a fugitive and adventurer.

Name: Rust
Race: Argonian
Class/Skill-set: Thief/Ex-Shadowscale; Bow, dagger, light armor
Backstory: A renegade Shadowscale from Blackmarsh. Left them after receiving a hit on his father. After deciding against patricide, he smuggled his family into Cyrodiil, instructing them to head as far from him as they could. Afterward, he lived a life in the criminal underworld of Cyrodiil.

Name: Luc
Race: Breton
Class/Skill-set: Spellsword; Destruction/Restoration, swords, light armor
Backstory: A wandering adventurer from High Rock who just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time during the start of the game's events.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:13 am 
Warder
Warder

Platform: PC Master Race
Name: Nearprep
Race: Wood Elf
Class: Blaster-Caster, Summonancer, Enchanter, Merchant

He was raised by Imperials as a noble or some such. But he was never a good talker, he was always more of a mage. He sucked at being a suck-up, so he went and did stuff and got in trouble and arrested and is now in Skyrim doing what he always wanted: be a mage. What an inspired backstory. He eventually learned to be a bit of a chatter and become a good traveling merchant, but that coin's just to fuel his magery.

Last edited by Iaius Amaius Heron on Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:18 am 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim, ESO
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
Other Profiles: Xbox: TALMDL
Name: Tristan
Race: Kahjiit
Guilds: All except Empire
Weaponry: Sneaky, magical, brute force.
Story: Great grandson of Tristan, the great one who stopped the Oblivion Crisis, has come to Skyrim for....... SKOOMA and for some fine trade.

First Post! :!:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:28 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, Online
Platform: PC (I - V, O), Xbox 360 (IV, V)
Other Profiles: JumboWheat01 (XBL/Steam/PSN/ESO)
UESPoints: 3
My "Imperial" Character

Name: Maenir
Race: Altmer (I've just grown to love them.)
Perk Focus: "Shieldmage" (For want of better name.)
Combat Style: A weaver of magics to level his foe, but trained to withstand beatings of a physical nature.
Story: A refugee from Summerset Isle, who disagreed with the direction the Aldmeri Domminion was heading. While he initially landed in Cyrodiil, the proximity to Summerset caused him to travel north. It was an unfortunate happenstance that landed him in the same Imperial ambush that captured Ulfric Stormcloak. With the help of Hadvar, he managed to escape Helgen after the dragon attack, and learned of the going-ons in Skyrim. For better or worse, he decided to stay in the war-torn land.

I like to keep back-stories simple. Gives a focus point, but allows growth.

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Forgive the poor quality. I play on the Xbox, and the best camera I had was my Nintendo 3DS...

Post subject: My first character
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:29 am 
Layman
Layman

Platform: Pc, Xbox 360
Name: Alvin Fletcher
Race: wood Elf
Mastered skill: Sneak
Main Skill trees: Blacksmith, one handed, Block, Archery, Lockpick
Style: My first character is a interesting ninja adapted warrior, currently upto glass at lvl 44 with smithing I use a glass blade for stealth kills as well as a glass blade and shield for combat and a bow to move people when stealthed (rather than kill as it doesnt do much damage)
Clans: Theifs guild, dark brotherhood(enrty level), Mages guild(entry)
War: Stormclock, Captured Whiterun

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:42 pm 
Associate
Associate

Platform: Xbox 360, PC
Name: Drizzt Do' Urden
Race: dark elf
playstyle: Two scimitars and some magic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:35 pm 
The New Number Two
The New Number Two

ES Games: Mw, Ob, Sk
UESPoints: 1
Mattbott wrote:

i also want to play a skinny Nord called "Matt the Destroyer", who will wield dual pick axes for his entire career, eventually he'll have a pair of legendary, poisoned, fully enchanted pickaxes..

unfortunately pickaxes can't be improved by smithing (not sure about enchanting but i doubt it now lol)
:roll:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:44 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, Online
Platform: PC (I - V, O), Xbox 360 (IV, V)
Other Profiles: JumboWheat01 (XBL/Steam/PSN/ESO)
UESPoints: 3
Mattbott wrote:
Mattbott wrote:

i also want to play a skinny Nord called "Matt the Destroyer", who will wield dual pick axes for his entire career, eventually he'll have a pair of legendary, poisoned, fully enchanted pickaxes..

unfortunately pickaxes can't be improved by smithing (not sure about enchanting but i doubt it now lol)

They can be enchanted, since they show up in my enchanting menu all the time. Unsure about poisoning them, though since they're a "weapon," I don't see why not.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:53 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Platform: Xbox, 360
noobishlord wrote:
Mattbott wrote:
Mattbott wrote:

They can be enchanted, since they show up in my enchanting menu all the time. Unsure about poisoning them, though since they're a "weapon," I don't see why not.

The game has a unique lightly-enchanted weapon named the Notched Pickaxe. And, although not quite enchanted, the unique Poacher's Axe has a couple of benefits not found on the run-of-the-mill Woodcutter's Axe.

This has me thinking...the Wiki lists Forks and Knives as weapons. I wonder if they can be enchanted.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:38 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Skyrim, Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Arena
I can see it now:

The Ice Pick - pickaxe with frost damage
The Hot Knife - knife with fire damage (double damage to butter?)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1005 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 41  Next