UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2024 4:26 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 126  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 'What You Did in Skyrim Today' Thread
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:16 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC (Morrowind, Oblivion), X360 (Skyrim)
UESPoints: 0
I resumed playing my Character #1, Delia-Jessamine "Jess" Maric, trashy Breton stealth-mage, recovering alcoholic, and good-hearted but troubled young woman. I had not played her for a couple months. Playing this character is as much soap opera as fantasy. Last time, she had recently traveled to Ysgramor's Tomb to cure her lycanthropy but forgot to take a Glenmoril Witch head. That was OK though, because Aela still needed some help with some werewolf stuff and Jess wanted to reconcile with Aela after abandoning the Companions (and joining the Thieves Guild). After helping Aela with the werewolf stuff (Totems of Hircine), Jess was ready to be cured. She belongs to Nocturnal, anyway, though she wonders if it was a mistake to give away her eternal soul in an attempt to impress Brynjolf.

So I sent her back to Ysgramor's Tomb, this time making sure she packed a Glenmoril Witch head. After curing her lycanthropy, I made her travel to the Guardian Stones to get the Warrior sign, since I want to get her to level 81 and it is a pain for a stealth-mage to level warrior skills.

I also did something I had never done before - power-leveled. But I did it in a role-play consistent way. When curing her lycanthropy, wearing her Ancient Nord armor and wielding her Shield of Solitude, she allowed her Wolf Spirit to attack her for quite a while, gaining some heavy armor and block levels (and a couple of Restoration levels). It's role-play consistent because this character doesn't kill wolves, and she was reluctant to kill her Wolf Spirit. Plus, she used the SoS, which has a picture of a wolf on it. See? Role-play. She doesn't know it yet, but she is going to repeat that with actual Skyrim wolves as self-punishment for killing her Wolf Spirit. She will punish herself until she hits 100 in Heavy Armor and Block. Then she can get back to full-time stealth-maging.

After visiting the Guardian Stones, Jess wore her Nightingale armor to Twilight Sepulcher hoping to walk the Pilgrim's Path again and speak to Nocturnal. She realizes that she was tricked, but wouldn't mind if she could be continually tricked into thinking it wasn't a mistake to give away her eternal soul to impress a guy (Brynjolf) that isn't interested in her after all. Of course, the game won't let her talk to Nocturnal again. It never does. She has tried this before. She left feeling even more frustrated and unhappy with her life than usual, which is saying a lot. Then some obnoxious Thalmor and hapless Dark Brotherhood assassins chose a particularly bad day to mess with her. Then she had to go to Markath, where Delvin wants her to steal something, but now that she is there, she is having second thoughts about it. She hates stealing, which is a problem for a thief. And why are Delvin and Vex still giving her orders? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

It's like what happened with the Companions, but at least the Companions tell her how desirable she is when she wears her Amulet of Mara.

So once again, Delia-Jessamine "Jess" Maric, trashy Breton stealth-mage, recovering alcoholic, and good-hearted but troubled young woman, feels no purpose in life.

Will she leave the Thieves Guild?
Will she try to reform or will she go down an even darker path?
Will she ever find out she is the Dragonborn?
Will she go on a drinking binge and assault someone she doesn't like?

The only one I know the answer to is the last one, and the answer is "Yes".

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:34 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Morrowind Oblivion Skyrim
Platform: Xbox PC
Other Profiles: willsg (Xbox live) wgrenter (Steam)
Took on the Arch-Curate in the Dawnguard quest line again.
Took his head off with one clean chop.

Because you're so popular!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:25 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Finished up the Thane business in Falkreath. Finally. Then headed back to Karthspire where I stashed some loot in a chest during a previous journey out west. I was surprised to find all of it still there, though I likely hadn't been gone long enough for the chest to reset.

After returning home with the loot, I tempered some armor and weapons that were in the chest and created some other items with the materials I had on hand. I also finally added the north wing, a trophy room. I didn't really need anything else in the house, but I figured what the heck? May as well show off a little. I also made some small additions to the basement.

There are a few minor quests in nearby areas that I'm panning on attempting. One is searching for a source of power northwest of Whiterun. I would like to take a follower along, but I seem to have encountered a bug that is stopping me from adding one. I want Ghorbash the Iron Hand, but all I get is the dialogue saying that it looks like I've already got someone following me. I tried a few tricks that I found online, to include being arrested and going to jail, but nothing has worked.

Oh, well. Being the Dragonborn can be a lonely existence. Though it may be that I've got a Companion's quest active that is causing the issue. Perhaps I should do a little more research.

Until then, Malacath witness our deeds.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:18 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, Morrowind
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 7
Sylmirie went through Nightcaller Temple a second damn time, since Aicantar glitched the first time and wouldn't leave the tavern. He must really like Karita's singing. Anyway, they helped out Erandur and blew up everyone inside with their fireball spells. I just...love...seeing her blow people up to chunky little pieces. Especially Orcs. *ahem* Afterward, they ran through the wilds and ended up in Windhelm to sell all their loot. I saved the game part way into Forsaken Crypt.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:22 pm 
Warder
Warder

My character Delia-Jessamine "Jess" Maric, Breton stealth-mage and very troubled young woman:

Broke into Ogmund's house but didn't steal anything. Left the item Delvin wanted where it sat.
Got drunk and punched Degaine in the face (again). 40 gold fine.
Broke into the Inner Sanctum of the Temple of Dibella. It wasn't quite what we were hoping for.
Found the statue that Degaine wanted but didn't steal it. Spoke with the sisters of Dibella, instead.
Killed a bunch of Forsworn.
Rescued the new Sybil from some Forsworn. Jess learned something about herself during the experience.
Encountered two kids selling Dwemer junk on the road between Markarth and Whiterun. Never seen them before (we're thinking, "this is some kinda trap, right?"). Gave them a septim to go away.
Got Heavy Armor training from Farkas.
Went back to Riften, where one of her Honeyside chickens apparently assisted the guards in killing a thief that appeared in the Riften marketplace. Weird.
Did some alchemy.

And she's showing some paranoid/delusional tendencies. She started to use the smelter in Whiterun but a mysterious source told her "You cannot use this while in combat." In combat? Sure enough, there was a red blip on the compass, some enemy hiding behind the smelter or outside the city walls. Nothing behind the smelter, so she suited up in her armor and went outside the walls. Nothing there either. The red blip disappeared.

Technically, I'm wondering if it might have something to do with a mudcrab that came at her on the road between Markarth and Whiterun and that she cast a Calm spell on. It was the only foe she encountered during the trip. Maybe some part of the game thought it was still aggressive. Exiting and re-entering Whiterun fixed the problem. She smelted to her heart's content after that.

But for role-play purposes, I'm considering it a hallucination.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:54 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Dohvakiin2012 wrote:
Sylmirie went through Nightcaller Temple a second damn time, since Aicantar glitched the first time and wouldn't leave the tavern. He must really like Karita's singing. Anyway, they helped out Erandur and blew up everyone inside with their fireball spells. I just...love...seeing her blow people up to chunky little pieces. Especially Orcs. *ahem* Afterward, they ran through the wilds and ended up in Windhelm to sell all their loot. I saved the game part way into Forsaken Crypt.

:(

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:05 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games: oblivion, skyrim
Platform: xbox 360/one
UESPoints: 14
Got married! Was less than impressed when the groom suddenly buggered off before the ceremony was even finished. Why? What could possibly be so pressing? Going back to sitting having a drink at The bee and barb apparently. Not a great start to marriage - not even a reception.

Went to Eldersblood Peak at last to find the word of power. Had a bit of a holiday using my dremora and new hubby to kil cave bandits whilst I sat back and had a drink.

Encountered a large group of frostbite spiders, I vehemently hate them. Got startled by the one on the load screen, even tho ive seen it b4. What a nervous nelly.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:20 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim Legendary, ESO, Legends
Platform: PC, PS3
Other Profiles: Steam: Captain Mauin, ESO: @Mauin and @Merorzen, Legends: Mauin
UESPoints: 1
I haven't played Skyrim in a while. When I launched the game, I deleted that Dark Elf warrior I had and switched back to Vulom.
She joined the Thieves Guild and is currently sitting outside of Goldenglow Estate. Didn't do much else.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:22 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Didn't do very much last night, but I'm trying to knock out quests in the list that may be stopping me from picking up a follower. I seem to either have a bug or a specific quest active that is causing me to not be able to pick one up. So I ended up meeting Erandur outside of Nightcaller Temple and finished that quest. I seem to remember having a bug in that quest a while back that caused it to freeze when I left the Temple. No such problem this time, but it still didn't fix my follower issue. I tried to pick up Erandur after the quest, but I got the same dialogue about already having someone with me.

On to the next one.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:40 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Just finished the first Totem of Hircine and headed back to Jorrvaskr. Cleaned out all the Companion followers equipment after finding a couple interesting bugs. Before starting the First Totem of Hircine, I recruited Aela and took her equipment. Normally, followers default to a bow and I can equip them as needed, but not these particular quests.

After taking the quest to join Aela to retrieve the first Totem of Hircine, I found Aela using her fists and the normal follower options unavailable, including her inventory. No worries. She did fine and even managed to nab a Glass Warhammer somewhere along the line. Now I know to recruit them and equip them before taking their quests.

Anyway, turned in the quest, stashed the loot I wanted to keep at Breezehome and sold the rest. Got some one-handed weapon training from Athis maxing out at 75. Most of my primary combat skills (One-Handed, Heavy Armor, Block) are in the 70-80 range with Archery and most of my primary magic skills in the 50-60 range so decided to make a pit stop at Winterhold to grab some Adept level spells.

Went ahead and finally headed for the Shrine of Azura starting that quest while I was there and cleared Mount Anthor adding Ice Form to my other shouts (Animal Allegiance, Disarm, Fire Breath, Frost Breath, Unrelenting Force).

Planning to finish Aela's Totems of Hircine quests, and maybe cure Farkas and Vilkas. Not sure if I want to cure myself or not yet. Then I'll probably grab Nettlebane on the way to High Hrothgar to learn the Way of the Voice from the Greybeards. I keep putting them off and I keep getting this crashing boom in the game and everything shakes so I think they're getting impatient.

If you cannot speak, you are not free.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:09 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Finally bought Dragonborn today, just building up my Dragon Soul supply before I start and Miraak starts stealing them.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:11 pm 
Warder
Warder

Aarah wrote:
Got married! Was less than impressed when the groom suddenly buggered off before the ceremony was even finished. Why? What could possibly be so pressing? Going back to sitting having a drink at The bee and barb apparently. Not a great start to marriage - not even a reception.

Who was the groom? He sounds perfect for my dysfunctional character.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:18 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games: oblivion, skyrim
Platform: xbox 360/one
UESPoints: 14
Snail's Pace wrote:

It was Marcurio, hired follower from Riften. It was uncharacteristic behaviour for him tho, he's usually very polite and charming.

If you're looking for dysfunction in a husband, may I suggest Onmund from Winterhold? I find he's very trigger happy with his spells, moody and imo a bit flakey. He could the one for ur character!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:38 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrobloodtribunal, Oblivering Knights, Skydawnfireborn
UESPoints: 2
Marilyn II cleared Kolskeggr Mine, encountering and killing her first Briarheart in the process (at level 11). It was a narrow shave, and I only made it by opening with two crossbow hits while he was engaging Gorr, swallowing a few fortify health/stamina potions while switching to sword & board and block/bashing just in time to disrupt his dual power attack. Took a few attempts too.

Other than that, Marilyn's first couple of days in Markarth were mostly spent mining, crafting and selling. She helped Brother Verulus reopen the Hall of the Dead and was delighted to hear of the existence of a secret cannibal sect near Markarth, having been ostracized for cannibalism by imperial society, but doesn't feel quite ready to help Eola deal with those draugr yet. Her business with Calcelmo turned out less lucrative than she'd anticipated. He told her about a certain multipedal creature threatening his excavations, but after her recent experience in Bleak Falls Barrow that's exactly the kind of thing she doesn't want to confront again anytime soon; nor does she appreciate being molested by one Tyranus every time she passes a certain house. ("Let me get that straight, Mr Tyranus. You randomly address a woman in the street and expect her to follow a total stranger into an abandoned house? No, I don't see how anybody could think that dangerous, especially not when you're a head and a half taller than me and wearing plate and a greatsword. What's that you say? You're with the Vigil of Stendarr and investigating a case of Daedra worship? Yeah, sure; and I'm the goddamn Dragonborn. :roll: ")
She has, however, investigated the local bard's Talos worship for Ondolemar and was pleased at the generosity of his reward. (In her defense, her experience living among humans hasn't been the most pleasant, so the Thalmor don't look all that bad to her by comparison; but I expect that'll change soon enough.)

Jeder sollte einmal reisen in das schöne Vvardenfell!

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:24 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, Morrowind
UESPoints: 7
Aarah wrote:
Snail's Pace wrote:

It was Marcurio, hired follower from Riften. It was uncharacteristic behaviour for him tho, he's usually very polite and charming.

If you're looking for dysfunction in a husband, may I suggest Onmund from Winterhold? I find he's very trigger happy with his spells, moody and imo a bit flakey. He could the one for ur character!

Onmund is quite moody, in this I side with you. Its like he's forever on his man period. However, I've always found Marcurio to be rather shady. And he doesn't seem the--faithful--type.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:10 am 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: Skyrim, Oblivion
I played my nord vampire today. He's recently joined the Imperial Army and has been taking the fight to the Stormcloaks. In between I did some smithing, got my smithing to 50, became blood-kin of the orcs, mined orichalcum, and made orcish armor. However, I'm saving my orcish armor until after I finish the civil war because I want to wear imperial armor (but I'm using the orcish greatsword at least). I've done the civil war imperial side before, but I did the quests in the Rift for the first time, because last time the imperials already had riften because of season unending. Also this is the first time I've ever done the civil war quest on either side, before doing season unending, so I won't have to do that when I get to Odahviing. Other than that I fixed my not-regenerating-in-the-sun problem using the lady stone.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:34 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I accidentally made my housecarl for Lakeview my Steward last night. But maybe this worked, because I then asked her to follow me and she did. So something happened that cleared my issue with the not being able to pick up a follower. I immediately dropped her from following me and headed to Dushnikh Yal to pick up Ghorbash the Iron Hand. Now there are two Orcs merrily skipping down the roads of Skyrim! I'm so happy!

Finished a few other quests to include returning to High Hrothgar to find out about a specific shout to use in battle against Alduin. Once done with them and speaking to Parth, I headed back home to see about upgrading the gear for Ghorbash (that's a pretty long run). Once that was accomplished, I set out for the College of Winterhold. I'm about to head out on a field trip to the ruins of Saarthal with the other initiates. But by the time this came up, Super Dave was mildly under the influence and thought it best to put the controller down for the night before I did something stupid. :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:33 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Got my Adept spells and the second Totem of Hircine and now for the final one, which is at, Movarth's Lair of all places, so guess I'd better read up to make sure I don't jack up any future quests as I seem to recall there was an associated quest in Morthal. Keep getting dragon fly-bys, but no fights. Anybody know any sure-fire ways to "taunt" an airborne dragon into actually attacking? I'm getting kinda frustrated and sick and tired of all the missed opportunities.

If you cannot speak, you are not free.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:47 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I forgot, I also went on that mission to Yngvild and was absolutely torched. Or frozen....whatever. I couldn't take more than two steps in the final chamber before watching my health drop like a rock. It was worse than standing in dragon's breath. So I'm on the hunt for an item that I can disenchant that will provide some defense against the frostbite. I've got a few items that I believe will hold the enchantment along with a couple of resist frost potions.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:17 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrobloodtribunal, Oblivering Knights, Skydawnfireborn
UESPoints: 2
godsmack wrote:
Got my Adept spells and the second Totem of Hircine and now for the final one, which is at, Movarth's Lair of all places, so guess I'd better read up to make sure I don't jack up any future quests as I seem to recall there was an associated quest in Morthal.
You could just pick up the quest in Morthal before heading to Movarth's Lair (talk to the barkeep at Moorside Inn or any guards about the burned-down house); chances are you'd likely stop by for a night at the inn anyway while in the area, wouldn't you?

godsmack wrote:
Keep getting dragon fly-bys, but no fights. Anybody know any sure-fire ways to "taunt" an airborne dragon into actually attacking? I'm getting kinda frustrated and sick and tired of all the missed opportunities.
Other than hitting them with a shout, spell or arrow, no - all of which aren't very likely to succeed in fly-by. :(

Marilyn II, having done all she felt up to doing in Markarth, took a carriage back to Falkreath... or so she thought, but both her and Gorr fell asleep on the way and the driver forgot to wake them up until Riften (i.e. I accidentally clicked on the wrong town). That is just as well, though, because this town was clearly made for her and vice versa. She's already gotten into Jarl Laila's good books by discovering the source of skooma being dealt in Riften, Maven Black-Briar's by coming clean about her involvement in some people's plans to steal a certain quadruped, and the Thieves Guild's by extorting various sums of money due to them. It all looks like she's got a steep career ahead of her.

Oh, and she bought Vigilance before leaving Markarth and brought him along; I've so got used to CuSith following her everywhere in her past vampiric life, she just feels incomplete without a dog. He's already proven a useful and reliable companion, and unlike a certain other canine in this game he has the advantage of not talking back. :wink:

Jeder sollte einmal reisen in das schöne Vvardenfell!

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:45 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

I fought Miraak, finally a Boss fight that felt climatic and was a challenge- I'm looking at you Alduin and Harkon.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:25 am 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Arena, Skyrim
Other Profiles: steam: rcgni2003
I made a new character who's a Redguard named Zsakhi and spent a while killing the farm animals and bringing them back as thralls only to kill them again in Riverwood. I have an idea for a necromancer spellsword and since my Khajiit's saves are messed up, I think I'll have this one as my main.

t̉ͫ̇o̼͕͍o̖̜̙͓̭͐́ͥ̈́ͅ ̭̠ͬmͥ̆u̗͍͔̪̓ͩͯ̊c͈͚̥̞̯͈ͬ̌h̥͚̄ͤ̂ͭ̐ͦ ̭͇ͥͣͦs̗͖̪̲̳̾͑u̫̣̯͚͓͍̝̐̍g̖̣̅̋a̞̲̥̦͎̳̣̾̈́r͔̘̩ ̊ͯͣr̪͊̂ͬȯ̙̃ͤ͌͆̈̊ͅt͇͖̍̈s̟̩̩͓̻̜͛̽ͣ͒͛ͪ̚ ͍̖͓̝͚̗ͦ̑́ͫ̄̌̄ͅt͖͚̮̒̉̂̒ͨh̐̀ͥͬẹ̙̰̹̤̀ͩ̍ͦ̾ͧ͊ ̊͐s̟̹̼ͯ̀̀͌̌ͯ̚ͅo̭̻̥̜̲͙̻͋̓̂u̥̩̥l͖̟̝͎̓̽͛

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:34 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Almost......almost made it to Blackreach for the first time with the Orc. He has Ghorbash with him. It has been a long time since I've been down there and ended up respawning on the ledge where you make the long jump down onto the dead bandit after having been in a nasty fight with some Falmer. I realized that I was seriously unprepared for this journey so I took the opportunity, given that I respawned before the point of no return, to back out and equip myself a little better. I'd also hit a cave in search of a word wall where two death lords wanted to get all uppity as well as fighting a dragon along the way down, so I was rather loaded down and already having trouble with too much loot. Instead of dropping a bunch of stuff, I headed back out and made my way back to Whiterun.

I unloaded a boatload of loot and tempered a few items. Now Ghorbash and I are traveling from town to town buying up all of the health potions I can find. We're also enjoying good food and ale in the inns in the various destinations. Then I'll head home to drop everything that isn't weapons, armor or healing potions and head back down the hole. Because, as Ghorbash likes to say, go where the challenge is greatest.

Malacath witness our deeds.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:11 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO
Platform: PC, PS4/3, Xbone
I put some time in with Kadlin - she headed to Riften where she was made a Nightingale. She was impressed with the new set of armor it came with and was happy to swap out her dark brotherhood armor she'd been wearing up to this point. Then she headed over to Whiterun, and won the battle of Whiterun in favour of the Stormcloaks. She was surprised that the Jarl recognized her, since every inch of skin and hair except for fingertips is covered. Maybe she has distinctive fingernails?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:10 am 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games: Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim
Other Profiles: perylousdemon (Steam)
Andari headed off to Labyrinthian with Athis to fetch the Staff of Magnus, which she then proceeded to
Spoiler:
electrocute Ancano to death with.
What can I say? He had it coming. And now that that's taken care of, she and her fiance (they might eventually get married) are going to spend a little time running miscellaneous errands for various unimportant people across the holds. Horray. :roll:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 126  Next