UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2024 6:19 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 126  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 'What You Did in Skyrim Today' Thread
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:57 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: Oblivion, Morrowind, Skyrim
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 0
I have been neglecting Skyrim for a bit but I can't find a character or roleplay idea that I like or want to stick with....hmm.
It's like, I wanna make an orc guy but also a dunmer guy and so on..

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:32 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim Legendary, ESO, Legends
Platform: PC, PS3
Other Profiles: Steam: Captain Mauin, ESO: @Mauin and @Merorzen, Legends: Mauin
UESPoints: 1
Vulom completed the College of Winterhold questline. After that, she went back to Heljarchen Hall to empty her inventory of the junk she picked up.
Then she ran off to Riften to prepare for the beginning of the Thieves Guild questline.

I briefly had a Redguard Vampire this morning to test a new armor set, but I wound up deleting both her and the armor. The armor was far too top heavy looking. It was just so out of proportion; the bottom of the body the armor was molded to had extremely thin legs that didn't look like they could hold up the top half of the body. The upper body itself was of average size (but at the same time too large for the lower body), and the armor had some excessively large pauldrons. It just didn't look right.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:24 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Arena, Oblivion (5th Ann; PS3 + PC, GoTY; PS3), Skyrim (All Expansions; PS3)
Platform: Playstation 3, PC
Thelastdovah wrote:
Juno, have you considered giving roleplaying a shot as it can be very enjoyable. With Gharel, i'm literally walking everywhere as well as the usual roleplaying stuff. He only jogs if he feels that he needs to get something done quickly. Such as the dragonstone.

Am I Juno? :o Yeah, I'm trying to roleplay everything, in different types e.t.c. it's just before I even reach level 20 I go to my XMB, save data and just get bored and erase everything.

For example today I made a Nord Female I told myself I was sticking to, "Serin Black-Blood". After I made her I realised her hair was too short so I said to myself "OK, I'm only using this exploit to change my hair then I'll roleplay for real..." So I travel to Whiterun stables, to Dawnstar's chest and then fast travel to the carriage to Riften's face sculptor...

Now I'm regretting her name, it sounds like the Japanese pronunciation of "Selling", I mean who's selling 'Black blood'? :S

Aaargh, What do I do T__T" Someone stop me before I make a Blonde Nord Male named Deidara and delete him at level 12 when he learns Fireball...

I'm good with roleplaying... I am I even go into third-person view to see my character every few minutes and to save my game... :|

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:34 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, Morrowind
UESPoints: 7
Felina Imhatius + Cicero= giggling bloodshed

The two of them together is like watching an episode of 'Wicked Attraction'. But in honor of role play with her this friendship must exist. The second they stepped on Windhelm's docks they ran into Suvaris Atheron who promptly made it known she thought of ways to kill Felina. So Felina shot a poisoned arrow into her while Cicero giggled. Then they took all her jewels and sold it in the marketplace.

Next was Riften, where they brutally murdered Sapphire. Felina got sick of her crap and decided it was time. The entire Bee n' Barb exploded into a war of the daggers with everyone teamed up against Brynjolf. It was rather amusing to watch them all dice and slice each other. Go Cicero! Felina cheered him on while she cast courage spells on him. She even summoned their ghostly Dark Brother buddy Lucien Le [&@%!] Chance! When she had enough, Voice of the Emperor calmed everyone down but poor Bolli lay dead in a corner of the tavern.

The rest of the night was spent under a haze of Redwater skooma and Honningbrew Mead because Black-Briar mead is over rated.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:20 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games: oblivion, skyrim
Platform: xbox 360/one
UESPoints: 14
After killing several wispy ghost creatures infesting Winterhold I went to Whiterun for a spot of shopping and got involved in a drinking game with some guy named Sam, in a bid to win a staff. 3 drinks later, and one large gap, woke up in Makarth having messed up the temple and am now in the process of retracing my escapades through questioning locals in a bid to find Sam and the staff. So far had stolen a goat to give to a giant, got a ring to get married (?) and now in a mage infested fort. It's like a medieval fantasy version of The Hangover.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:31 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrobloodtribunal, Oblivering Knights, Skydawnfireborn
UESPoints: 2
Installed ENBoost and tested it by getting on my horse and galloping nonstop around 3/4 of Skyrim (Rorikstead -> Whiterun -> Windhelm -> Riften -> Helgen -> Falkreath) with 100+ mods, three mounted followers, Skyrim Flora Overhaul, AMidianBorn Landscape 1 and modded rock textures everywhere; didn't crash once, which is a tremendous improvement in stability, and performance was pretty fair with just some minor stutters here and there requiring further tweaking. I'm impressed.

In other news, Sylvaine reassembled her folowers after returning from ... the place where we go at the end of the main quest, travelled to the Karthspire, informed the Blades that Alduin was no longer a threat and told them to get the heck out of the Reach and never show their faces there again. Unfortunately, both of them stubbornly refused, with sadly predictable consequences. There are now two freshly roasted corpses raised on poles on the hilltop just outside what used to be Sky Haven Temple and is now the home of the Karthspire Coven.

And with that, I'm officially retiring Sylvaine. I had great plans for her to go out with a bang after retaking Markarth and killing Ulfric, but her followers' AI and her relations with the Forsworn faction have been acting increasingly wonky lately, and I suppose consoling and modding your way against the grain of the game will take you only so far. Besides, I've been waiting to start afresh with Requiem for quite a while, so there goes... Still, it was loads of fun.

Jeder sollte einmal reisen in das schöne Vvardenfell!

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:44 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO
Platform: PC, PS4/3, Xbone
I played Dalvus again for the first time in a while - I left him at the Shrine of Azura, appropriately enough. He finally made it to Windhelm for the first time to speak with Aventus Arentino and then headed south to deal with the dragon mound at Kynesgrove. At level 30 or so, I'm just starting to get into the main quest with him. I'm looking forward to it even though it will take a while - he's been taking care of quests mainly according to which ones are closest to where he happens to be instead of following one questline at a time.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:30 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Finally killed the dragon constantly keeping me away from Rorikstead (just couldnt be bothered) only to be extremely disappointed by yet another 'blink and you'll miss it' Lilliputian sized 'town'. What rot.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:02 am 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: Skyrim, Oblivion
Platform: PS3, Xbox 360
It was a quiet day for Rurik - my pro-Empire Nord character. Just a quiet day's hunting deer and elk near Whiterun, the meat from which was used to make some more venison stew once I got back to Breezehome. The only real excitement came when I encountered the bodies of a couple of Imperials and some Stormcloaks, jealously guarded by a bandit who obviously thought he'd struck it rich. A quick fight later and I found myself 30 gold richer!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:24 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Felina, Cicero, and Lucien Le [&@%!] Chance! have been spreading massive amounts of Dark Brotherhood cheer around Skyrim. They traveled fom Dawnstar to Markarth slashing their way to lots of booty and endless fun. Being wicked is so rewarding.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:34 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

My first jail escape! Arrested for using the fury spell on the preaching monk at the shrine of Talos in Whiterun.
Admittedly, Whiterun jail isnt hard to escape from seeing as there is a novice level locked grate in your cell.
Thought it was a bit unrealistic on emerging in the guard barracks wearing prisoner rags that the guards werent suspicious, just letting me walk about. The Skyrim guards all seem to be a bit dim unfortunately.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:41 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Oblivion GOTY, skyrim
Platform: PS3
Finally defeated Karstaag for the first time. Used up all 11 of my ultimate healing potions.

Hotel room by yourself men's underpants Las Vegas.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:32 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind
Last night I tested Frenzy on a group of townspeople gathered outside town. Needless to say the results were excellent, though unfortunately I'll have to avoid Morthal from now on...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:21 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Continued with the Dawnguard main quest, stopped somewhere trying to find Serana's mom or something.

I'm not finding Dawnguard's dungeon crawling the most exciting thing ever.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:23 pm 
Champion
Champion

The last few days were spent making a clean install of Skyrim and (re)installing mods after weeding out my load order; then I restarted my sneaky Wood-elven archer Marilyn with Requiem and Skyrim Unbound as a newly released convict of Falkreath Barracks. It's fun to play her as a mortal again for a change - whether she'll hold on to mortality this time or succumb to vampirism again in the long run only time will tell. Right now she's busy earning/stealing enough septims for another meal and another night at the inn; after two days of menial jobs and criminal sleights of hand she was able to afford a hunting bow and an iron sword and dagger so she doesn't feel completely naked anymore, but actual armour she can still only dream of. One of her forays harvesting ingredients for alchemy took her too close to the Roadside Ruin, and her attempt to nick the armour off the dead bandit there alerted the spriggan which sent her running back to Falkreath in panic at half non-regenerating health; she didn't even notice the strange black door by the dark tarn right around the corner which, if I'm not mistaken, will play a huge part in her future life... But all that is still obscured in the fog of war, she's preoccupied with much more basic concerns at the moment, which are a lot of fun to roleplay in their own right.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:06 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim Legendary, ESO, Legends
Platform: PC, PS3
Other Profiles: Steam: Captain Mauin, ESO: @Mauin and @Merorzen, Legends: Mauin
I created a red-orange Argonian named Scales-Like-Fire to test out a texture conversion I did (taking a vanilla texture and making it compatible with the UNP meshes). Basically just made her, set her up with the Hunting Grounds Outfit, and then went out and contracted Lycanthropy from a werewolf in Gallows Rock.

After wandering around for a while, she still hasn't transformed yet.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:30 pm 
Warder
Warder

Made the perilous journey to Rorikstead and stayed for a few days, farming quite a bit.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:51 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Rorikstead? For a few days? I hear it only got 0.5 out of 5 stars in 'An explorer's guide to Skyrim'. You must have gone made with boredom! :)

Just joined the Dark Brotherhood (thanks to Hrolf Alfblod for setting me on the path). Been playing as a nicey character pretty much up til now so should be interesting for a change of pace.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:00 am 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim, TESO
Platform: Xbox 360, PS4
I completed the Dawnguard expansion with my vampire Redguard who I'm roleplaying to be Dracula's son. I thought the storyline was pretty good.

Then I let my power get to my head and wanted to slaughter some Nords. My plan was to kill the Jarl of Winterhold and capture the town but I was disappointed when I found out none of the NPC's could be killed.

After reloading I knocked out a few more main story quests and am really close to the end (I can feel it!). I have never beaten this game but it's not exactly that hard for me to predict what happens. I decided to stop just short of the end because I was kinda getting bored and really when I think about it there are so many more compelling side quests and miscellaneous quests that appeal to me more than the main story. Heck I might just start the Dragonborn expansion before I beat the main story.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:13 pm 
Warder
Warder

Found a Dwarven Storeroom today, for the first time ever, and luckily got a ton of Dwarven metals! I then made myself a full Dwarven armor and weapon set! Lucky!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:36 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO
Platform: PC, PS4/3, Xbone
From Kynesgrove, Dalvus headed south to Riften to deal with the Skooma problem and to see a man about a horse. When the Jarl sent him out to take care of the source of the Skooma, he decided to head south instead to see what all the fuss about the Dawnguard was about. I left him just outside the main gate after having been given his first mission.

My plan next time is to update my elder stats banner, it's beyond out of date.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:44 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Fire enchanting all of Cicero's weapons is the best thing Felina has done recently. There's no greater satisfaction than watching him slash something up and set it ablaze...all the while she thinks 'Oh, that's my handy work right there'.

That's right, Listener. Your art is beautiful.

So their Dark Brotherhood group traveled to Markarth where they loaded up on potions, soul gems, and more ebony arrows, then took out a dragon on the way to Kolskegger Mine. For some reason, I got bored and turned the game off before they entered the mine, so Part 2 is yet to come.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:30 pm 
Champion
Champion

Marilyn II talked to her former fellow convict Sinding in Falkreath jail and accepted the Cursed Ring of Hircine from him, then crafted herself some hide armour and set out to explore the woods north and east of Falkreath; met and talked to a strange Khajiit in Blades armour at Peak's Shade Tower (c/o Interesting NPCs), killed the two bandits at the bridge with the boulder trap and shot the white stag. While I was still talking to the Aspect of Hircine two more bandits appeared but concentrated on attacking the ghostly stag while I turned them into pincushions, which was rather hilarious.

After returning to Falkreath to sell my loot i retraced my steps and pushed on further to Riverwood via Helgen, where Marilyn found some interesting stuff among the spoils of the dragon's attack but, being already borderline overencumbered, wasn't able to carry away enough to pay for a room at the Sleeping Giant, so she crashed at Faendal's little camp just outside the walls.

The next day was mainly spent making money: helping her fellow Bosmer get rid of a rival for Camilla Valerius's heart and chopping an awful lot of firewood for Hod earned her enough cash to buy some leather and steel ingots from Alvor and craft herself a bandolier and a belt pouch so she can actually carry stuff now without getting out of breath every couple of paces (Requiem is brutally realistic in this respect, as in many others).

The rest of the day was spent exploring the surroundings of Riverwood and ended in Marilyn committing her first two murders in this playthrough: the first on an apparently peaceful hermit who conveniently turned out to actually be a witch, and the second on a hunter camping just across the river from Anise's cabin. People living alone in the wilderness lead a dangerous life... and often a short one, if they have interesting and potentially valuable stuff lying around.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:23 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Lieth the Bosmer and bff Marcurio adventured through parts of the Falkreath Hold and the Reach. They brought endless slaughter to Forsworn camps, Falmer caves, and even interrupted a tea session between Alduin and one of his buddies...ie put that dragon back into the ground from whence he came. Only a slight problem: the ebony mail she wears is making it difficult for this little archer to make her marks. It emmits a wavering mist when enemies are around so when she's in battle, and in a dark cave, I can't see her targets and she misses. Half of her glass arrows went to Oblivion because of that. I love the way she looks in it--and it comes in handy for her character but its getting annoying not being able to see her targets. It gives me a headache so we'll see how much longer I can last with such an annoyance.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:11 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Arena, Oblivion (5th Ann; PS3 + PC, GoTY; PS3), Skyrim (All Expansions; PS3)
Platform: Playstation 3, PC
Serin Black-Blood (level 7) went to Bloodskal Barrow in Solstheim, (backwards with a wooden plate) and defeated Zahkriisos, looted two chests, learnt the first word of Dragon Aspect and used another wooden plate to get through the strength attack puzzle door to claim the
Spoiler:
Bloodkskal Blade

Whilst Serin was still on the island, she decided to fund 1,000 septims to a digger named Ralis Sedarys.
After gaining the first treasure;
Spoiler:
Azhidal's Boots of Waterwalking
she decided to head back to Skyrim.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 126  Next