UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2024 6:16 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 126  Next
 Post subject: Don't mock me, fools. It stung really hard.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:37 am 
Undecided
Undecided

ES Games: Oblivion (SI); Skyrim (DB)
Platform: Steam, XBox
Other Profiles: DarkSpark135
UESPoints: 5
Got bombed by naval artillery whilst attacking a pirate base.

Then was left wondering, naval artillery? :wat:

And you suckers were so worked up over the ideas of handguns...

Casandra: At the moment, the deadliest weapon at my disposal is a goblin's head on a stick. I'd be worried if this was the plan.

Post subject: Re: The 'What You Did in Skyrim Today' Thread
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:46 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO
Platform: PC, PS4/3, Xbone
UESPoints: 0
My bad guy has been neglecting her duties with the Volkihar lately - there's been too much going on with the thieves' guild and Dark Brotherhood she's been interested in. She's just met with Karliah and was honoured to be named Listener. It also looks like she'll have to take care of the dragon at whiterun after all to proceed with the stormcloaks - I hadn't wanted to tackle the main quest with her.

My good guy bought his first homestead, so he's been busy working on his new house.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:29 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, Morrowind
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 7
Ever since sacrificing Nadja Stonearm to Boethiah something has changed in Lieth. She's prouder of her lies, and has decided that the ebony mail looks fantastic on her so she'll just have to learn how to wear heavy armor effectively. She paired that with a new ebony war axe, instead of a katana, and she's been enjoying the hacking and slashing of that. I think she wants to be the tough Dovahkiin the Companions expect of her instead of a sneaky little elf.

But karma never fails to rear its ugly head, and Lieth got a good dose of her own bitter medicine at Elenwen's party. She tried causing trouble the moment she stepped in the door, and ended up being the cause of a nasty scene between Erikur and the serving girl. (WOW ERIKUR IS A JERK) But Lieth had too much brandy and told Erikur the serving girl wanted him, so all hell broke lose. With such a distraction, Lieth hacked and slashed her way through the rest of the embassy and ended up rescuing the very girl she helped put into the dungeon earlier.

Lieth felt a bit of guilt at seeing the serving girl chained up, but she couldn't save her life. As they all ran on the road towards Solitude, a group of Thalmor electrocuted poor Brelas. So Lieth killed her first group of Thalmor soldiers, then threw their bodies over a hill to clean up the evidence. She feels pretty terrible that the serving girl ended up getting killed because of her lies, so she's currently planning on a revenge plan to get Erikur back for being such a [censored].

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:11 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim Legendary, ESO, Legends
Platform: PC, PS3
Other Profiles: Steam: Captain Mauin, ESO: @Mauin and @Merorzen, Legends: Mauin
UESPoints: 1
Vulom did the Purity quests for Vilkas and Farkas, then started the College of Winterhold. She's on the quest where you have to find and speak to the Augur of Dunlain. Whatever it's called.

I also noted that her save was at 11.2MB even though she only had about 27/28 hours on her. I decided to do some cleaning, so I removed all excess items from my homes and stored them on the bodies of dead NPCs (specifically Sven and a chicken Vulom murdered because Sven had so much stuff on him that my PC was lagging) that I knew would disappear.

After that, I waited for them to despawn then saved the game.
Then I used the save (the 'save name 1' command) command for the console and let the game generate a dump file for the save. I took that save and cleaned it with the Skyrim Save Cleaner program. That, combined with my attempt to remove the extra junk from Vulom's save, managed to drop her back down to 9.5MB.

I have a few other tricks to try, but they're going to have to wait.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:21 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I spent most of the day in Heljarchen Hall trying to arrange objects for a still life. I installed a mod to try and make things easier with no success.
I think I'll end up having to figure out the relative sizes of things on the Wiki.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:53 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrobloodtribunal, Oblivering Knights, Skydawnfireborn
UESPoints: 2
My Bosmer vampire Marilyn finished the Radiant Dark quest from Interesting NPCs, which I highly recommend to anyone with a dark, power-hungry type of character; choosing the right (=evil) ending offers you a whole new guild with several quirky potential followers, not to mention a zombie Orc named Sweetroll as a marriage candidate. After that, I think Marilyn is about ready for retirement, as her game has got increasingly buggy lately, but I'm planning to restart her with Requiem and a reduced load order after I finish the main quest with Sylvaine.

Speaking of her, she has talked to Balgruuf and Arngeir about negotiating an armistice and is now facing the difficult task of convincing Ulfric to play along... after eating the Stormcloaks in the Whiterun camp on her way up to High Hrothgar. That is, I suppose she'll do fine persuading him, the difficult part is to refrain from killing him while she's at it.

Jeder sollte einmal reisen in das schöne Vvardenfell!

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:51 am 
Undecided
Undecided

ES Games: Oblivion (SI); Skyrim (DB)
Platform: Steam, XBox
Other Profiles: DarkSpark135
UESPoints: 5
I went to Morthal in search of a green guard's uniform to match my newfound orcish weaponry. I was busy trying to figure out how to kill a guard when I wandered too near that burned-down house.

A guard walked by and asked if I was the one who fetched the mead for the Companions. Then the danger music came on. A Blood Dragon flew into town. After a few minutes of archery from me and the guards, the dragon landed while the guard ran in to deal close-combat with the beast.

Moments before I felled the dragon with a head-shot, the creature grabbed the guard with its jaws and savaged him to death-- he was the sole casualty of the attack.

As I stood there, absorbing the dragon's soul and collecting the dead guard's green armor, I couldn't help but think "That could've been me!"

So, tomorrow, I'm going to go and figure out how to become a Blood Dragon.

Casandra: At the moment, the deadliest weapon at my disposal is a goblin's head on a stick. I'd be worried if this was the plan.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:55 pm 
Champion
Champion

Sylvaine performed the herculean task of talking to the Bear of Markarth about an armistice without trying to kill him (she did ready her favourite killing spell once or twice, but restrained herself). Listening to him talk to his lieutenant taught her a lot about the man, and she has come to understand that he sees himself in a similar position against the Empire as the Forsworn are in against his guys and the Empire and is actually fighting for very similar reasons (or at least this is how he wishes to be seen by his subjects); she still hates him, but she thinks she understands him a bit better now. (Fun coincidence: we had stood there for a while listening to the dialogue between Ulfric and Galmar (which seemed to be going nowhere particular) and waiting for an opening when Cosnach suddenly said "Let's go" in a tone that clearly implied he thought we were waisting our time there; I love it when those follower lines actually fit the situation!)

We then rode on towards Whiterun and (after spending the night in White River Watch) onwards for Solitude; got as far as Rorikstead where we defeated a certain flying lizard by the name of Nahagliiv and immediately afterwards, before I could even absorb the dragon soul, were accosted by the local guards because of a 40 $ bounty for assaulting a group of Thalmor on the road earlier. "In the name of the jarl, you have committed crimes against the land and people of Skyrim! What do you have to say in your defense?" - "Um, I dunno, does saving you all from being eaten by a dragon count?" Of course it didn't; and while Sylvaine would usually just have blasted her way out of the situation she currently needs Jarl Balgruuf's goodwill, so she yielded and let them take her back to Whiterun, then had to walk all the way back to Rorikstead to retrieve her horses and, at last, collect Nahagliiv's soul.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:00 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I was bored yesterday so I created a new character to specifically wander around in a full set of Blades armor, wielding a modded Akaviri Katana. Why? The aMidianBorn Blades set was released, and I had to test it out.

Today, I continued messing around with this new Breton (named Mirana Desarie). She basically went hunting through Whiterun Hold. Went from level 7 or so to level 14/15. I picked the Atronach stone to slow her leveling (and give her a bit of magicka absorption). Still going fast. Then again, fighting Giants (two, Bleakwind Basin), Mammoths (four, one in the wilderness and three at Bleakwind Basin) and Frost Trolls (four, all at Eldersblood Peak. Apparently the opponents there aren't leveled) tends to raise her block, heavy armor, archery, and one-handed a lot.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:19 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind
Platform: PS3, PC
Other Profiles: PSN: predator6x13
So my dunmer mage got infected in Bloodlet Throne. I'm not going to cure it unless I feel it extremely necessary. I like having the variety more than that of not werewolf or werewolf. And I'm also looking for a fourth follower, not even level 40 yet.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:39 pm 
Champion
Champion

Sylvaine & company continued their journey to Solitude via Dead Man's Respite where we helped the ghost of a dead bard find his rest by helping him defeat the undead king who had him killed and Syl acquired the word of power which the Greybeards had told her about. Soon after leaving the catacombs the day took a tragic turn when we were assaulted by a Bone Dragon and its deathguard; it wasn't until after the fight was over and the worm's soul absorbed that we discovered that Madena had been killed in action (details on the memorial thread). I'll miss her sorely, and not just because it was so convenient to have her heal and buff us in combat - she's become one of my favourite NPCs in the time I travelled with her. May she rest in peace.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:49 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Kadlin finally took care of the dragon at Whiterun so she could continue the civil war for the Stormcloaks. I didn't want this character to be Dragonborn so I've been ignoring it. She bought Breezehome and kitted it out fully with her ill-gotten gains and plans to adopt that girl in Riften who comments on murder solving problems. She's just gotta do a little one-woman-crime-spree for the thieves' guild before moving on.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:43 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, Morrowind
UESPoints: 7
Chores, chores, chores. I swear Skyrim life is just as burdened with 'must do' lists like in real life.

Felina and Onmund barely came out of Yngvild Barrow alive. They ran out of potions and soul gems, the most precious things any mage can carry. (I was kicking myself the whole time for poor preparation). Felina is a 'prepper'...doomsday could be just around the corner...so I was very unsatisfied with my roleplaying when she went into that dungeon completely unprepared. Totally unlike her. So she spent the rest of the time in Windhelm doing her daily schedule of chores. UGH. She had some fresh air when she took the housecarl to collect ingredients...then got attacked by a dragon and almost died because she only had a tunic on. She won't be adventuring anytime soon. For now, she has to finish her alchemy and smithing studies. Boooorrrrriiinnng.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:01 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I got my Breton up to level 24 by wandering around and killing [&@%!], picking plants, mining ore, and then madly crafting/enchanting.

She went through Forsaken Cave, too. Forgot about Curalmil. All I can say is that I'm thankful he didn't disarm me this time.
Also, those bears in the Rift are as annoying as ever. Diseases. Diseases everywhere. I got tired of it and spawned a bunch of cure disease potions in my inventory. I'm pretty sure I had Bone Break Fever three or four times in fifteen minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:53 am 
Champion
Champion

Sylvaine and Cosnach conducted their business with General Tullius in Solitude, then went home to Hag Rock Redoubt where Syl had the sad duty to tell Aranea and Eola about the death of their coven sister (see above); both were very comforting and insisted on taking Maddy's place at Syl's side on her further travels. Next stop was Whiterun where we took the carriage to Windhelm in order to help an old alchemist die a happy death by completing his life's work. We then doubled back south and west to Ivarstead and up the stairs to High Hrothgar (Season Unending spoilers following).
Spoiler:
There was a certain twang about a Forsworn mediating the armistice negotiations between Stormcloaks and Empire - definitely a third party with no great love for either side, although even less for Ulfric than his counterpart. Ulfric wasn't the only one who threatened to leave several times: Cosnach said his laconic "Let's go" during each of Ulfric's monologues of righteous indignation; he can't stand the man either, it seems :lol:. When Ulfric demanded control of Markarth Sylvaine was beside herself with rage and had to be bodily restrained by her sisters lest she attack him (or that's how I rationalized our immobility during the negotiations roleplaying-wise); she assented between clenched teeth, vowing to take Markarth back for the Forsworn as soon as she's done with Alduin (if I can console my way through it). The rest of the conditions she can live with – Maven has Riften in her pocket anyway, whether she rules it nominally or not, and Dengeir of Stuhn is a better man than his nephew, whatever his political leanings.

That done, Delphine showed her usual lack of judgment by demanding that Paarthurnax should die; I don't think so. Obviously neither of the Blades understands that they're only suffered at Sky Haven Temple by Sylvaine's intercession with the matriarch of Karthspire and are in no position to order anybody around; another thing to be taken care of once the dragon threat is dealt with.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:57 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Kadlin managed to meet her "sweep" quota easily after clearing out Belethor's shop and the alchemist's shop in Whiterun and then stopped off in Riften on her way back to Windhelm. She adopted Runa Fair-Shield and headed to the Ragged Flagon to deal with events there, and to pick up some more small jobs. She stopped for the night after being given orders to break in to Mercer Frey's house.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:22 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I wandered around for a while, collecting ingredients, slaughtering giants/mammoths for their toes/hides (I added mammoth hides to my game). Got my little Breton into the level 30's. Disabled that stupid Boethiah Cultist since I didn't want to deal with his [&@%!].

Other than that, I had some seriously random lag in the Rift at night. I'm assuming it was because my game spawned multiple random encounters in the same general area (a Companions encounter, with Vampires and their hounds, a Dragon, those false soldiers, and a mage). It was around Lost Tongue Overlook. Normally, I get around 45-50fps in that area. Apparently that night it decided to drop to 20fps. With stuttering. No matter what I did, I could not reproduce that. Kinda random.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:43 pm 
Lord of the Shivering Isles

ES Games: Oblivion:GOTY, Skyrim:Legendary edition
Platform: PS3.
UESPoints: 12
Yesterday, i reinstalled Skyrim on my PS3. Installed the DLC in order of release. I own both versions of Skyrim. (original and legendary). Created Gharel. Survived Alduin's attack on Helgen and in Hadvar's uncle's house at the moment. Name escapes me at the moment. have made the HUD barely visible just so i have the subtitles in case the audio doesn't play for the speech as that does happen sometimes. Do wish that I could turn off the compass and disable regenerating health.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:17 pm 
Champion
Champion

Main quest endgame spoilers:
Spoiler:
Sylvaine got a glimpse of the Nord version of afterlife and decided that it's not for her, she prefers Hircine's Hunting Grounds by far; sorry, Tsun. Then she defeated Alduin.

Seriously, Bethesda (not that I think you're listening), I get that the final fight is meant to be epic, but what it really is is tedious (even with Deadly Dragons/DCO spicing it up a bit): wait till you catch him hovering, Dragonrend, when he lands either tank him yourself or, depending on character, let the three heroes tank him and snipe at him, rinse and repeat for what felt like ages. He even lands in the same frigging spot every frigging time, so you just have to position yourself strategically and hold your place. About every other dragon fight was more exciting than this.

ImageImage

Last edited by Finn Wolfshorn on Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:58 pm 

Today, Gharel cleared Bleakfalls barrow and returned the golden claw. Went to Whiterun, returned to Bleakfall to gather the dragonstone, killed a dragon and is about to discover he is dovahkiin.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:56 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Spent a while trying to figure out why my PC insisted upon lagging. Once I found the cause, I fixed it. Now Skyrim is running normally again.

During that testing phase, I accidentally saved over my Breton Blade. So I started a new character for messing around with. A Khajiit named Zar'ani.
Basically just rushed through Bleak Falls and then went Dragon hunting.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:37 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Arena, Oblivion (5th Ann; PS3 + PC, GoTY; PS3), Skyrim (All Expansions; PS3)
Platform: Playstation 3, PC
This is ridiculous, I can't stop making accounts and then deleting them after level 12-20.

I deleted my Breton "Verina Yami" the other day and now my 3rd Dunmer Character "Akuma". Levels 19 and 8 respectively.

Aargh, I get bored so easily lol...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:07 pm 

Gharel returned to Whiterun to inform Jarl Balgruuf the great about the dragon being dead, killed a gang of bandits in Silver Moon Camp and discovered a lunar weapon. He recovered Aren's sword and joined the companions to hone his skills with a weapon.

Juno, have you considered giving roleplaying a shot as it can be very enjoyable. With Gharel, i'm literally walking everywhere as well as the usual roleplaying stuff. He only jogs if he feels that he needs to get something done quickly. Such as the dragonstone.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:18 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
Other Profiles: Xbox: SargentLipton35
Made a new Nord named Roland. Did my normal routine, about to fight the dragon.
I agree with trying roleplaying. It makes the game so much more rewarding.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:30 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
I started a new Bosmer character to check out the famous Frostfall mod that I somehow haven't tried yet. And to marry Viarmo, I love Viarmo. I tried it out by jumping naked into the water by Dragonsreach after dark, and started freezing to death. Idolaf Battle-Born gave me some firm words about how I got no clothes and I should get some, and I put my fur armor back on and ran indoors.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 126  Next