UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2024 6:17 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 126  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 'What You Did in Skyrim Today' Thread
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:51 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyim, Morrowind, Oblivion
Platform: Xbox 360
UESPoints: 0
Doesn't really help Grelod's case that's she's a huge [&@%!].

To denounce the evils of truth and love.
Until our post count reaches the stars above.

Spoiler:
Musicman247 wrote:
I don't suck, I blow.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:15 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC
Nothing at all, because after the last Steam update the game crashes my computer when I try to load a save. :'(

Rule #137: Always waste time when you don't have any.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:30 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, Morrowind
UESPoints: 7
Felina showed off just how bad ass she is in front of a crowd in Riften's marketplace. A dragon attacked the city, and though everyone pitched in to help, my little Imperial jumped on top of the poor dragon, stabbing him repeatedly with her sword and pulling off a kill cam of epic proportions. She then absorbed its soul with a satisfied look on her face while the townies gawked at such an incredible sight.

Dovahkiin in da house!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:17 pm 
Undecided
Undecided

ES Games: Oblivion (SI); Skyrim (DB)
Platform: Steam, XBox
Other Profiles: DarkSpark135
UESPoints: 5
Saw an elk running down a hill towards the road I was travelling on. Then he ran up over a rock at the edge of the road and went into the air as if it were some sort of ramp. He sailed towards me and hit the road some 15 feet away from me and died.

I bet the last thing he said (in deer-language) to all his friends was "Hold my beer and watch this!"

Casandra: At the moment, the deadliest weapon at my disposal is a goblin's head on a stick. I'd be worried if this was the plan.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:19 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
Other Profiles: Xbox: SargentLipton35
Whenever someone says that, you know something hilarious is about to happen.

Post subject: Dragons: 0 Humans: 1 Giants: Selig fixed the damned series
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:29 am 
Undecided
Undecided

ES Games: Oblivion (SI); Skyrim (DB)
Platform: Steam, XBox
Other Profiles: DarkSpark135
UESPoints: 5
Was walking along a road.

Dragon came.

I ran. Fast. Towards a Giants' Camp.

It became a tag-team match: dragon versus giant, with me plinking a "Me too!" via bow and arrow.

Dragon died. Giant angry. I snagged bones, scales and soul and then hit the reheat on ma' heels. Thunder at my back.

At Level 13, you stand and fight against the minions of the World-Eater. But, when a Giant waves a big stick in your general direction, you flee and crouch in order to escape any chance at spaceflight.

Space sucks. Literally.

Casandra: At the moment, the deadliest weapon at my disposal is a goblin's head on a stick. I'd be worried if this was the plan.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:54 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Felina had a really bad day, or days in game time.

Leaving Onmund at home with the children, she recruited old army buddy Brelyna to help her go kill a dragon. First, they stopped at Ironbind Barrow. That was intense, with she and Brelyna as the only survivors. They continued on their way to Labyrinthian and while they were in sneak mode (to not wake the trolls), Brelyna had a freak out and ran off, leaving Felina behind to fight off 3 trolls.

After that was done, they climbed the stone steps behind Labyrinthian to fight the dragon. In the middle of battle, Brelyna freaks out again and runs off somewhere. Felina killed the dragon all by herself, then promptly released Brelyna from her service with a swift 'Up Yours!'. Seriously...EVERY single time that elf is used as a follower, she runs off. That's it, no more Brelyna.

And it turns out Felina killed the wrong dragon.

But she killed Victoria Vicci in Solitude afterward, and while escaping into the marsh she got jumped by a Boethiah cultist, 2 spiders, and some slaughter fish. But she discovered Meeko's shack and continued heading towards the DB Sanctuary. She kept getting attacked by bandits, spiders, dragons, etc etc I finally just got fed up and turned the game off. Its so annoying for her not to be able to take one step without something trying to kill her.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:15 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360, Xbox One
I just built my house on Lakeview Manor. It turned out to be awesome. Also I just joined the Companions.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:02 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
Other Profiles: Xbox: SargentLipton35
Dohvakiin2012 wrote:
Its so annoying for her not to be able to take one step without something trying to kill her.

Damn those mudcrabs.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:18 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

^ Horrible creatures. I avoid them whenever I can.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:04 pm 
Master
Master

ES Games: Morrowind , Oblivion , Skyrim
Did a couple of radiant quests. one for the old Windhelm guy, I forget his name, and the other for Shahvee. but they both led me through dungeons I had already been through and the bad guys were easy, so it wasn't really fun and felt like a bit of chore, but I forced myself through.

then my guy went to bed and got kidnappied!! killed silly old astrid and then trudged about the marshes for a few minutes. then I got bored and quit.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:44 pm 
Champion
Champion

I'm reinstalling the game right now. I went through the entire troubleshooting checklist on Steam Support page and the damn thing is still crashing and won't let me start a new character. If this doesn't work, I may have some hardware issue, which would suck, because I really can't afford a new GPU right now... :(

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:29 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, all DLC, Oblivion, GoTY and aniversary, arena
Platform: X360/PC, X360/PC, PC.
UESPoints: 2
dzio wrote:
I'm reinstalling the game right now. I went through the entire troubleshooting checklist on Steam Support page and the damn thing is still crashing and won't let me start a new character. If this doesn't work, I may have some hardware issue, which would suck, because I really can't afford a new GPU right now... :(

I can email you a save file from right before Hadvar says "Who are you?" if that gets around the problem.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:42 pm 
Champion
Champion

Nah, thanks for offering, but it won't help. I have no idea what's happening here. I have a save like that and it doesn't load - it resets the computer, just like starting a new game or doing a dozen random things (last time it happened when I drew my sword). It looks like it's shutting down because of overheating, but I've been playing for a while and haven't had a problem like that. I can run other games just fine, even the ones that are really hard on the GPU and CPU. And I've just cleaned inside the case this morning.

Also, reinstall didn't help. I think I need to write Steam Support, because there's something screwy happening here.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:47 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, all DLC, Oblivion, GoTY and aniversary, arena
Platform: X360/PC, X360/PC, PC.
That's weird...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:13 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Skyrim, Oblivion
Dohvakiin2012 wrote:
Felina had a really bad day, or days in game time.

Leaving Onmund at home with the children, she recruited old army buddy Brelyna to help her go kill a dragon. First, they stopped at Ironbind Barrow. That was intense, with she and Brelyna as the only survivors. They continued on their way to Labyrinthian and while they were in sneak mode (to not wake the trolls), Brelyna had a freak out and ran off, leaving Felina behind to fight off 3 trolls.

After that was done, they climbed the stone steps behind Labyrinthian to fight the dragon. In the middle of battle, Brelyna freaks out again and runs off somewhere. Felina killed the dragon all by herself, then promptly released Brelyna from her service with a swift 'Up Yours!'. Seriously...EVERY single time that elf is used as a follower, she runs off. That's it, no more Brelyna.

And it turns out Felina killed the wrong dragon.

But she killed Victoria Vicci in Solitude afterward, and while escaping into the marsh she got jumped by a Boethiah cultist, 2 spiders, and some slaughter fish. But she discovered Meeko's shack and continued heading towards the DB Sanctuary. She kept getting attacked by bandits, spiders, dragons, etc etc I finally just got fed up and turned the game off. Its so annoying for her not to be able to take one step without something trying to kill her.

Haha, that made me smile :lol:
Oh Brelyna... That totally reminds me of the time when Yakov was in the mission to get the Staff of Magnus and brought her with him. She constantly freaked out then too and had a nasty habit to disappear or get stuck at the worst possible moments. The fight with Morokei was especially fun since Yakov was a measly lvl 12 and Brelyna totally refused to help and just ran around the freaking area with Morokei following her. For some reason Morokei didn't even attack her after a first few times. Just followed. Was probably laughing at her... and saved all the pain for Yakov who was silently cursing his follower choices.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:14 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim Legendary, ESO, Legends
Platform: PC, PS3
Other Profiles: Steam: Captain Mauin, ESO: @Mauin and @Merorzen, Legends: Mauin
UESPoints: 1
I finally grew tired of the GTX 285's shenanigans, so I opened up my PC and removed it.
Turned out the damned thing was so plugged with dust that none of it came out when I first attempted to clean it (which is why I first thought it was clean). It was a miracle the fan was even spinning. Still, most of my games were too demanding for it (running at 100% usage most of the time, which also made it run quite hot anyway), so I opted to replace it with one of my dad's spare cards. Put in the GTX 580 earlier (the label said it was a 560, but apparently the label was a liar. The card is actually a 580), got it set up, then went to test it.

For that, I created a new Orc character for Skyrim and ran around for a while, testing GPU usage and temperature in most areas.
Anyway, this Orc ran from Riverwood to Dawnstar without stopping to chat with Gerdur and Ralof.
After that, she 'mysteriously teleported' (via the magic known as the console) from Skyrim to Solstheim so I could test the Ash Rocks mod. It works. No more horrid grey paint in the place of ash. I'd throw in Better Dynamic Snow as well, but it doesn't agree with my rock texture.

Now that my PC isn't melting every time I play, I think it's time I return to my main characters.
I'm in the mood for some brutality, so I think I'll keep working on Vulom.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:16 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Felina's bad day second edition:

While trying to buy spells from Farengar, she decided she had enough of his insults. A good FUS RO DAH oughta put him in his place. And since she's Thane she'd get away with it, right?

Instead she started chaos, with several people ending up dead. RIP Farengar, killed by Onmund's hand. RIP Lydia, owned by Jarl Baalgruf and Irileth. In the end, you gave your life to defend your Thane. Also several guards ended up dead. Though not one person was killed by Felina directly. Her fine was 40 gold.

Felina barely escaped Whiterun alive, even after she paid the fine the guards were still attacking her. She made it out into the tundra, where she waited anxiously to see if Onmund also made it out alive. He did and it was a joyous reunion.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:42 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

It's weird having my PC run Skyrim at less than 60 Celsius... That's what I get for using an old GPU that's apparently a dust magnet.

Anyway, I did indeed load up Vulom. I went back to work on the Daedric quests.
She completed The Black Star, The House of Horrors, and The Taste of Death.

After that, she decided she would go looking for Red Eagle's Blade. Vulom found it and then killed Red Eagle with the Mace of Molag Bal. Mostly because she could.

The Daedric quests will be completed tomorrow, at which point I shall make Vulom a thane of every hold. At least, those holds where she isn't a thane already.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:53 am 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox, Xbox 360, PC
Wall of text incoming.

Mordyn, as a wealthy owner of his own City of Greymoor, needed to fund his recently-expanded commercial district's security needs by hiring on new guards. So, he gathered his ore from the mine, thanked his miners(with a simulated head-nod in first-person), and set off to the smelter to have it refined into ingots. Afterwards, he headed to his airship dock, effectively a tall tower, loaded the ingots into the cargo below deck, and set course for the Honeystrand Meadery to gather the fine Firebrand Wine that had been aging in his casks. After all Mordyn's merchandise was gathered, he made rounds to his shops in Whiterun, Solitude, and Windhelm, leaving the cargo at the merchant stands under the care of his well-paid, well-equipped mercenaries.

Upon docking back in Greymoor, he headed to the Fort Greymoor barracks, where the Imperial garrison would rest. After paying Saad, his private contractor, for gathering another eight expert mercenaries, Mordyn equipped them in expensive steel plate, and directed them to their posts.

While all seems well in the city, Mordyn has a Thalmor Justiciar captive in the cells of the prison. While the prisoner may only speak of 'elven supremacy' and how he is 'interfering with official Thalmor business', Mordyn suspects he may know something of his citizens' recent disappearances(probably just an error in the mod, but for the sake of my immersion, it's the Thalmor's doing). Not to mention the constant attacks by cultists. Some evil is afoot, and the battle-priest Mordyn is intent on finding out what. He and Ingjard, his beloved protector and ally, set out into Skyrim to attempt to resolve this cultist incursion.

Using his airship, Dev Aveza, Mordyn makes a pass over the entirety of the Whiterun hold, discovering a coven in Fellglow Keep(how's Mordyn going to know they're not the same cultists as the ones who raid his town?). He returns to the city of Greymoor, only to find it under attack by cultists once more. After hastily docking the Dev Aveza, he and Ingjard join the local guard in mercilessly killing the wretched heathens. After the last invader fell, Mordyn met with Saad to arrange for the hiring of four adept warriors to assist in the purging of Fellglow Keep. At dusk of that very same day, Mordyn set out with Ingjard and his warband toward the foul coven in hopes of ending this cultist threat.

Obviously this is all very heavily modded, and after having beaten a majority of Skyrim's non-radiant quests and questlines, I literally need these mods to keep playing. The game's still as fun as ever, and the community contributes so much to it. If you'd like to know what mods were described, just ask. I'm sure you'd have just as much fun with them as I do.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:46 am 
Champion
Champion

There's a chance I might get to play after all. Found a possible explanation - ladies and gents, there are Trojans running around my PC... :( Normal scans didn't detect anything, but I'm running a full boot scan right now and it's already detected a couple of nasties. Unfortunately it's going to take hours (for some reason it's going very slowly), but that just means I have time to work on my Dresden Files RP idea. Keep your fingers crossed, folks. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:18 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Vulom completed Discerning the Transmundane, Boethiah's Calling and The Cursed Tribe earlier.
She explored Blackreach for a while, then wandered around and did some NPC hunting. Brought down some bandits, Thalmor, a few assassins, a thief, etc etc.

Vulom also started The Only Cure, but I don't really feel like completing it right now.

I should be able to finish The Only Cure and A Night to Remember tomorrow. After that, Vulom is going to work on becoming Thane in the remaining holds.
She is already close to being Thane in Markarth. I made certain earlier that she became friends with as many NPCs as possible (usually by investing in their shop). Come tomorrow, she should be a Thane after doing some work for the Jarl.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:33 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind, Daggerfall
I found a Daedric Sword of Burning in Dimhollow Crypt. Needless to say, my Paladin of Light is starting to reallly love killing vampires.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:54 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrobloodtribunal, Oblivering Knights, Skydawnfireborn
^^^Wishing you good luck, dzio.

My Bosmer vampire did some more Interesting NPCs questing. Inbetween we cleared Driftshade Refuge because it happened to be sitting there, and in a rare moment of poetic justice Serana raised all the dead werewolves in there to take posthumous revenge on their killers; who says vampires and werewolves can't get along, hm? Nearby we found a bandit hideout in a ruined tower named Snowpoint Beacon which I'd either never discovered before in seven or eight characters or it's been so long I'd forgotten all about it.

In other news Marilyn has been pursued by dragons lately. Our arrival in Winterhold (in order to report back to the quest-giving Interesting NPC) was heralded by a Dwarven Mechadon; luckily Serana and Valgus were more than adequate to the task of dealing with its summoned spiders, spheres and centurions, leaving me to focus on the construct itself. Seconds after absorbing its soul* I heard more flapping of wings and read "Assault has started" in the upper left corner :roll:... only a Blood dragon though, the kind of lizard Marilyn eats for breakfast. Our business in Winterhold concluded, we rode on to Dawnstar and took the boat to Solitude where we arrived in the middle of an attack by an Aspect of Alduin. This character is in no danger of running out of dragonbone arrows anytime soon...

*(strange that a dragon-shaped robot should have one, actually... but then we know that Dwemer constructs are powered by soul gems, so I suppose it's possible that a real dragon soul is stored somehow in this flying heap of metal)

Jeder sollte einmal reisen in das schöne Vvardenfell!

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:21 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Yesterday Vulom completed the last few Daedric quests and started the Companions.
Today, she finished the Companions. She immediately cured herself of lycanthropy and returned to vampirism. Now that old [&@%!] is what she should be.
I might do a few more quests for the Companions. After that, it's the College of Winterhold. Then Thieves Guild. Then Dark Brotherhood.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 126  Next