UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2024 8:24 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 126  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 'What You Did in Skyrim Today' Thread
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:20 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 0
I went book hunting with Marius (various quests for CoW). I got lost on the way from Greenspring Hollow to Dead Man's Respite, because I couldn't very well climb down the cliff with a horse. I spent the night in a cave under Robber's Gorge and later cleared out the ruin. I jumped out for a moment then to grab my sleeping bag from the saddlebag and of course that's when the dragon attacked... A starving vampire mage in broad daylight is not exactly the dragonslayer of legend, so it took some work. If not for the stupid horse, I'd have run back inside, but I've got a ton of loot in those saddlebags and I'd have to abandon most of it.

Funny thing, had to kill the damn beast twice, because the first time the moment I killed it I got fried by another dragon, which I didn't even see. It said something in the dragon language, Fus Ro Dah'd me and fried me to a crisp, before I had a chance to blink. Wham. I thought it was Alduin at first (there's a dragon mound right behind the ridge), but I haven't advanced the Main Quest far enough for that to happen, he only starts resurrecting dragons after "Blade in the Dark", right?

Rule #137: Always waste time when you don't have any.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:05 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Avron the S'wit wrote:
Gbaji, I really love how you capture your character's adventures through Skyrim, and find your journals to be very well written! They are a pleasure to read!

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoy them. Here's some more!

Frea lectures Tharstan in Skaal mythology, and Fram explores A Cave Too Far:

2nd of Midyear, 4E 202 - The Devotions of Frea
3rd of Midyear, 4E 202 - Fram's Journal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:13 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim Legendary, ESO, Legends
Platform: PC, PS3
Other Profiles: Steam: Captain Mauin, ESO: @Mauin and @Merorzen, Legends: Mauin
UESPoints: 1
I got to work on the Main Quest earlier. Got up to the Alduin's Wall quest, then stopped because I was getting too tired. I'll have to continue some other time.

As usual, I didn't bother packing any spare clothes when I went to Solitude, so I spent some time wandering around the city stark naked just to see who I could get to comment on it. I was disappointed when only one person said something. Her expression of shock was priceless, though.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:45 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Fram takes his leave of Frea and returns to his Lioness:

4th of Midyear, 4E 202 - The Devotions of Frea
5th of Midyear, 4E 202 - Fram's Journal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:30 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, Morrowind
UESPoints: 7
Lieth the Bosmer, at the persuasion of husband Vilkas, finally decided to go visit the Greybeards after 50 levels of screwing around. "Its important." He said, so she went with it. They traveled from their home in the Rift to Ivarstead, reaching the Inn exhausted and ready for bed.

But what happens the minute they step inside? Some filthy grumpy Orc taunts Lieth, calling her a milk drinker for no reason. And we all know how much she likes that. So Vilkas was "OFF WITH HER HEAD!". The Orc's body will rot in the middle of the inn, since Lieth is disgusted by the thought of Orc flesh.

Bright and early the next morning, they start heading up the 7,000 steps when this happens:
Spoiler:

Ancient dragon straight ahead! Ensuing in a 20 minute battle that left Lieth and Vilkas racing back towards Ivarstead. Why, you ask? Because little Bosmer is always traveling unprepared, and forgot to leave Honeyside with filled soul gems and enough poisons to last the trip. After nearly getting knocked off the mountain while getting frosted on, they made it back to town where the guards helped kill the dragon. Lieth was ashamed of herself for being unprepared, as she should be, plus Vilkas gave her a rightful ass chewing for being so lame.

The Dovahkiin should be the most prepared individual in Skyrim, especially since EVERYTHING wants to kill her all the freaking time. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:23 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Finished the main quest with my test Nord, then started Dragonborn.

For some reason, I couldn't exit Dragonsreach earlier. After much fiddling around, I discovered that it was because I had the FXAA setting enabled. As soon as I disabled that, the problem went away. Which was odd, but whatever.

Also had my PC overheat on me just as I left Apocrypha after completing the first Black Book. The GPU decided to stop functioning. Screen went neon, then black, then the game CTD'd. Let it cool off for a while before I went back to playing.

Of course, I noticed in Raven Rock that the Terns seemed to be having texture issues. Upon closer examination, it looked as though the Terns had reverted to their vanilla mesh (and they should be using the SMIM mesh). I updated SMIM, hoping that would fix it, but it didn't. I can't pinpoint what caused them to go back to the vanilla mesh. In the mean time, I've had to take the one higher quality vanilla Hawk texture I have and convert it into something that resembled the Tern. That fixed the texture issue.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:13 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Arena, Oblivion (5th Ann; PS3 + PC, GoTY; PS3), Skyrim (All Expansions; PS3)
Platform: Playstation 3, PC
Re-arranging my equipment in Windstad Manor, I was trying to put 2 crossbows and steel bolt(s)x200 in a display case and Serana kept pushing me by walking into me. -_-

After I got annoyed I asked her to head home, curious to see if she was actually going to go, I followed her. She heads for the balcony to leave, before my moment of relief she opens the door... and the game crashes.

Just great Serana, is there anything you can do without messing it up or annoying me?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:44 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Arena, Skyrim
Other Profiles: steam: rcgni2003
I got Jarna the Dnumer back to Honeyside in Riften where she ate some serious dinner with her husband Vorstag then started on her new life of relaxation in her home city.

Then I made a Bosmer named Minsandra who spent three days in Riverwood hunting for hide in the surrounding area and crafting leather bracers. She killed a chicken and everyone /everyone/ attacked. Raolf ended up killing Faendal so I reloaded because I had plans for him. On the reload, she and Faendal trained archery until he couldn't teach her anymore and they went to Whiterun.

t̉ͫ̇o̼͕͍o̖̜̙͓̭͐́ͥ̈́ͅ ̭̠ͬmͥ̆u̗͍͔̪̓ͩͯ̊c͈͚̥̞̯͈ͬ̌h̥͚̄ͤ̂ͭ̐ͦ ̭͇ͥͣͦs̗͖̪̲̳̾͑u̫̣̯͚͓͍̝̐̍g̖̣̅̋a̞̲̥̦͎̳̣̾̈́r͔̘̩ ̊ͯͣr̪͊̂ͬȯ̙̃ͤ͌͆̈̊ͅt͇͖̍̈s̟̩̩͓̻̜͛̽ͣ͒͛ͪ̚ ͍̖͓̝͚̗ͦ̑́ͫ̄̌̄ͅt͖͚̮̒̉̂̒ͨh̐̀ͥͬẹ̙̰̹̤̀ͩ̍ͦ̾ͧ͊ ̊͐s̟̹̼ͯ̀̀͌̌ͯ̚ͅo̭̻̥̜̲͙̻͋̓̂u̥̩̥l͖̟̝͎̓̽͛

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:04 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Skyrim: DG, HF, DB
I went to Septimus Signus' Outpost for a certain couple of quests, and found the old man being attacked by a Vampire Fledgling. It seemed really odd and random at the time, but in hindsight, it's kind of interesting that a vampire perhaps wanted something from an Elder Scrolls expert. Or is that a Dawnguard addition? I don't think I've gotten to this point in the MQ since before getting the DLC. :P In any case, I'm roleplaying this as Merla's inspiration to actually go to that old fort near Riften.

Other than that, she and new follower Illia are making their way through Alftand. (J'zargo and Marcurio walked out on her, so they're pretty much written off. The latter definitely is after his remark about the Forsworn.)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:08 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

^^ I concur with Marcurio's comment about the Forsworn. And I don't even like him. ;)

Lieth the Bosmer was sent by Farkas to rough up Nimriel at the Pelagia Farm, but something went wrong and Nimriel pulled out a dagger on her. So Lieth pulled out her sword and Nimriel ended up dead. Not only did she spend 3 (unfair) days in jail, but Farkas also cut her pay in half. Poor Lieth. So she went on a bandit killing spree in the tundra around Whiterun to release some anger and stress.

Farkas is currently waiting for her to enter Dustman's Cairn but she has a few things to steal around town first. :bosmer:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:52 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind
Platform: PS3, PC
Other Profiles: PSN: predator6x13
Made a thief/archer Bosmer. So liberating sending those arrows through the three bandits outside Bleak Falls Barrow. First took a tumble from a shot through the neck, second tripped and died with one through the chest, and the third...
After botching my last three attempts to make a good entry, watching the killcam of one iron arrow right between the eyes on a one-shot... Just... So good.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:38 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I will never speak badly about Marcurio again. *high five* He backed up Lieth the Bosmer when she went ape [&@%!] Beastform outside of Riften's city walls. Unlike other followers in the past (including her own husband), he didn't attack her, and instead followed closely behind her and fired off spells at the guards trying to kill her for stealing a measly GARNET from someone's pocket.

Please. You can't try and kill someone for a garnet! What the hell man?

So Beastform it was. And then she ate everyone at Fort Greenwall. Another average day in Skyrim. :bosmer:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:27 pm 
Champion
Champion

Today I killed my Skyrim. I don't know why, but when I was fighting a dragon with Marius, it started acting weird (like flying in slow motion or flying through solid objects) and then it suddenly turned into four separate dragons circling above me (to which I said something that can't be repeated in civilized company and Marius probably had to change his breeches), and when I killed the one in front of me, the rest disappeared. Which was when the game decided to CTD, and after restart none of my saves opens. So Marius, S'Kirra and Skyndi are gone now. :(

I really don't feel like recreating them again, so I think I'm going to start a brand new character to ease the frustration. With the stupid Dragon Combat Overhaul uninstalled... Not a good day, all in all.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:44 pm 
Novice
Novice

@dzio: I feel you with your loss, man. But you'll be able to have fun new adventures with your new character, right?

Today Jarna the Dunmer did a ton of alchemy, smithing, and traveling from Markarth to Riften on horseback for Thieves Guild business. A couple dragons were put down, one using just arrows, and a part of the main quest was completed.

t̉ͫ̇o̼͕͍o̖̜̙͓̭͐́ͥ̈́ͅ ̭̠ͬmͥ̆u̗͍͔̪̓ͩͯ̊c͈͚̥̞̯͈ͬ̌h̥͚̄ͤ̂ͭ̐ͦ ̭͇ͥͣͦs̗͖̪̲̳̾͑u̫̣̯͚͓͍̝̐̍g̖̣̅̋a̞̲̥̦͎̳̣̾̈́r͔̘̩ ̊ͯͣr̪͊̂ͬȯ̙̃ͤ͌͆̈̊ͅt͇͖̍̈s̟̩̩͓̻̜͛̽ͣ͒͛ͪ̚ ͍̖͓̝͚̗ͦ̑́ͫ̄̌̄ͅt͖͚̮̒̉̂̒ͨh̐̀ͥͬẹ̙̰̹̤̀ͩ̍ͦ̾ͧ͊ ̊͐s̟̹̼ͯ̀̀͌̌ͯ̚ͅo̭̻̥̜̲͙̻͋̓̂u̥̩̥l͖̟̝͎̓̽͛

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:11 pm 
Champion
Champion

^ To quote Eowyn: "I am no man!" ;)

That said, I decided to try out the kind of character I made in Morrowind and had a lot of fun. So I've made a kickass orc lady called Yngar gra-Ugash. She's a witcher. Sort of. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:06 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I did a little bit of Dragonborn with Jyr earlier.

After that, I saw the new necromancy mod on the Nexus and thought I'd try it out.
Stuck the mod into my data folder, activated it, started a new game... And accessed the E3 demo. Immediately deleted the save and now I'm going to test a new save without that mod to see if that's what caused it. If not, my game is [&@%!].

Edit:
Just as I suspected. It was the Undeath mod that triggered it. Why? I don't know.
But I do know that removing that mod stopped the E3 demo from appearing a second time. Granted, it was entertaining fighting that Alpha Wolf, Thief, and the Marauder. Once. I'd rather not see that again. I was worried I'd have to reinstall my game again.

Shame, really. I wanted to try a quest mod for once. I might be able to stop it from doing that, though. I just don't feel like fiddling too much right now.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:06 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
UESPoints: 14
Here's some bs I had to deal with, but it was dealt with effectively:

So, I'm with my Queen of Destruction wife (Lydia). We finished ransacking a middle sized fort, somewhere west of Whiterun. I'm outside, about ready to fast travel to Whiterun to pawn off all the loot. However, I see a forge inside the walls of the fort, so I figure I'll stop by and forge a few things.

I walk over to the forge, not sure what I'm gonna forge but probably a ring or amulet because some dude was hanging on to silver ingot. As I attempt to use the forge it says, "You cannot use the forge while in combat." But there was nobody around except me and Lydia, or so I thought. Keep in mind the music was normal, usually when someone sneaks up on you (which never happens) the music changes.

As I turn around a dragon drops out of the sky - out of nowhere - and right on top of me. You know when you get too close it sorta glitches, making the dragon somewhat invisible at times? That's how close he was! I didn't miss a beat, pulled out my enchanted Nord battle axe and hacked away at that ugly sob.

It was a cool fight and as I'm in the middle of it, there was another bandit which came running out of nowhere to get in on the fight. The bandit was helping with the dragon. I ended up doing one of those finishing moves on the dragon, and as soon as I hopped off the bandit came for me but Lydia was so on top of that and used a finisher move on said bandit.

Watch ye backs in these treacherous lands!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:00 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Arena, Oblivion (5th Ann; PS3 + PC, GoTY; PS3), Skyrim (All Expansions; PS3)
Platform: Playstation 3, PC
Took out a bunch of Reavers and resurrected one. Wow, he's quotes are funny (I never Thralled Bandits or Reavers before) He sings around randomly.

I took him to Raven Rock and he said "I'm going to pay my bounty and walk in Raven Rock a free man again" Oh the irony ;)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:13 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Lieth finished the Companions questline today. I probably shouldn't have had her play on Master at level 14. Bad idea...that only took fo-eva. And the archers in the last dungeon were quite the challenge. Put my proud little Bosmer to shame. But she and Aela won it in the end, and now Lieth is engaged to Vilkas.

So weird how his feelings for her changed overnight. "Ah, you're the new Harbinger? Sure I'll marry you!"

:wat:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:03 pm 
Novice
Novice

Played on Minsandra today, and cleared out the first Companions draugr dungeon. She came out with 18 silver weapons that turned into over 50 silver ingots with use from a reverse crafting mod. It was an excellent haul that took four hours to transport to Whiterun.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:26 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I went "What the hell!" earlier and decided to try out the Undeath mod anyway.
Restarted that nice Dunmer necromancer and then went at it. Managed to complete the whole quest mod in one day and thoroughly tested the Lich form.
In other words, I had a lot of fun with it.

I also posted on the mod page about the issue I had with the mod making the E3 demo reappear. Of course, I did as much troubleshooting as I could. Nothing I did could stop that from occurring, except for disabling the mod. I ruled out any conflicts by disabling everything except for the DLCs required for the mod to run and that didn't even stop it. The only thing I can do now is wait for a response from the mod author to see if they have any idea what could be causing it.

If it can't be fixed, I'll have to delete the mod. There's no way it's touching the saves of any of my main characters.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:36 am 
Undecided
Undecided

ES Games: Oblivion (SI); Skyrim (DB)
Platform: Steam, XBox
Other Profiles: DarkSpark135
UESPoints: 5
I restarted. Getting Cassie's face back on the screen from rote memory after near-year's hiatus was not easy, I tell you now. (Had to make a cold restart because of all those damned Nirnroot aurae dotting the landscape from my days in Version 1.0000000000000000)

But everything smelled new. Which is odd, since video games don't pump smells out of the TV speakers. I once again faced the horror of Helgen, the solace of Riverwood, and the grief of Solitude.

But then I realized that I'd scrounged up enough starter gold to take a carriage ride to Solitude and buy that outfit again...

Spark: Because that dress was something to die for!
Dark: Yeah. Because it was the Mourners' Clothes
Spark: Ooooh. You read my mind.
Dark: I am your mind. Gin-addled git.

Casandra: At the moment, the deadliest weapon at my disposal is a goblin's head on a stick. I'd be worried if this was the plan.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:41 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Lieth escorted Telrav back to his camp today:
Spoiler:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:36 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrobloodtribunal, Oblivering Knights, Skydawnfireborn
UESPoints: 2
Sylvaine continued the main quest through Alduin's Bane and began The Fallen.
Spoiler:
I can hardly wait to play Season Unending with her - her and the Bear at one table is about as explosive a mix as it gets. She'll let Elenwen stay just to spite him, although she hates the woman's very bones, and Esbern's speech will definitely be needed to keep the Stormcloaks from rage-quitting. Fun times ahead.

In the meantime Sir Diesalot and his faithful squire hired bodyguard Stenvarr cleared Lost Knife Hideout for the jarl's bounty, then proceeded to cut their path through the undead hordes haunting Ansilvund to the nefarious necromancer manipulating them and brought her to justice, retrieving Roggi's ancestral shield in the process.

Finally, my Bosmer vampire Marilyn defeated the Ebony Warrior by going Vampire LordLady and having Serana, Cicero, Jenassa and CuSith keep him busy while she drained his life - not exactly a fair fight, but Marilyn doesn't subscribe to that honourable Nord nonsense; anyway, she still was reduced to a mere sliver of health once or twice, and poor Jenny was killed. Now where on Nirn did I put that Mage's Circlet which would give me magicka enough to raise her as a Dead Thrall?

Jeder sollte einmal reisen in das schöne Vvardenfell!

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:30 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I deleted that Dunmer Necromancer after I started having issues (well, more than the usual) with his save.
In his place, I started an Altmer necromancer and went through the Undeath mod again. This time it only took about an hour and a half. Probably because I knew what I was doing this time.

Of course, my GPU decided to be an idiot again and overheat in the middle of the long slog through Apocrypha... Right before I was going to save. It went neon and crashed again.
I'm going to have to look into finding a replacement... One that can preferably keep itself relatively cool. I think this GTX 285 has decided that it's too old to do that. It is one of the earlier versions of this type of card after all. Heck, it's older than my actual PC.

Anyway, tomorrow I plan on getting back to my work. I'll attempt to finish off my Stalhrim textures, then add that new Stalhrim mask into the game.
I'll have to test that, then I can get back to Vara and Vulom. After deleting Jyr, of course. Her purpose would be complete once my testing is done.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 126  Next