UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2024 8:20 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 126  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 'What You Did in Skyrim Today' Thread
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:45 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 0
Isran refuses Ingjard's request for a transfer, and Fram tempers the Dawnguard Rune Axe (and vice versa):

12th of Second Seed, 4E 202 - Ingjard's Reports
14th of Second Seed, 4E 202 - Ingjard's Reports
18th of Second Seed, 4E 202 - Ingjard's Reports
20th of Second Seed, 4E 202 - Ingjard's Reports
23rd of Second Seed, 4E 202 - Ingjard's Reports
23rd of Second Seed, 4E 202 - Fram's Journal

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:48 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
Other Profiles: Xbox: SargentLipton35
Forgot to post yesterday, I started a new Dunmer. His name is Malkur Dralas. Interesting build I am trying out. It can be seen here. I really liked how you won't be over powered in stealth, and the critical charge plus sneak roll makes a cool combo.

Anyway, did my normal routine of starting a character, joined the college for some illusion spells, and cleared out a good amount of dungeons. I am currently walking around looking for some Thalmor. I need their Elven Gear.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:23 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, Morrowind
UESPoints: 7
^^Remember there's that shrine to Talos by Lake Ilinalta and there's a dead Thalmor agent there that always has good stuff on him. Then there's always the embassy. :Twisted Evil:

I had a blast playing Skyrim this morning, though it is always fun I was laughing harder than usual with it. Just little things kept happening that were like...um...ok yeah that's hilarious! Like Onmund electrocuting a saber cat off an enormous cliff, or one of my assassin's victims running and getting the guards on her (that was...wow she needs to clean her act up), or sticking Captain Aldis's body on a fire lamp in the middle of Windhelm only to turn the corner and see a group of npcs looking up at the burning body. Random things.

And I mentioned Onmund's aggression last time, something in his AI must have changed since I downloaded an AI overhaul. He's WAY more intense and says the most messed up things that scare even me. And the cool thing is now Felina says things when she kills, like "Shadows take you". :Twisted Evil: FINALLY that chubby little gal sounds as wicked as she is in my head.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:52 pm 
Master
Master

ES Games: IV: GOTY, V: DG, HF, DB
Platform: PC (IV, V) & PS3 (V)
Dohvakiin2012 wrote:
^^Remember there's that shrine to Talos by Lake Ilinalta and there's a dead Thalmor agent there that always has good stuff on him. Then there's always the embassy. :Twisted Evil:

I had a blast playing Skyrim this morning, though it is always fun I was laughing harder than usual with it. Just little things kept happening that were like...um...ok yeah that's hilarious! Like Onmund electrocuting a saber cat off an enormous cliff, or one of my assassin's victims running and getting the guards on her (that was...wow she needs to clean her act up), or sticking Captain Aldis's body on a fire lamp in the middle of Windhelm only to turn the corner and see a group of npcs looking up at the burning body. Random things.

And I mentioned Onmund's aggression last time, something in his AI must have changed since I downloaded an AI overhaul. He's WAY more intense and says the most messed up things that scare even me. And the cool thing is now Felina says things when she kills, like "Shadows take you". :Twisted Evil: FINALLY that chubby little gal sounds as wicked as she is in my head.

What mod is it, may I ask? It sounds interesting.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:12 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Witchery, its 'Better Combat AI' that I downloaded from Steam. :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:50 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim Legendary, ESO, Legends
Platform: PC, PS3
Other Profiles: Steam: Captain Mauin, ESO: @Mauin and @Merorzen, Legends: Mauin
UESPoints: 1
I completed the Civil War questline with my Nord. Now she's going to do some Dragon hunting and dungeon diving before she starts the Main Quest. That way I have plenty of Shouts and Souls to spare for Dragonborn.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:44 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Dohvakiin2012 wrote:

He actually had a studded armor of health on him. Helped me for a while. And don't worry, the Embassy will get what is coming to them.
I played a little bit this morning. Got some Elven Armor, currently level 19. I will play more later.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:22 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Arena, Skyrim
Other Profiles: steam: rcgni2003
There was a lot of traveling and a couple side quests were on the way to being completed for Jarna my Dunmer, namely the one for Brand-Shei, and a radiant Forsworn killing bounty. I also finally killed that damn elder dragon that'd been kicking my ass six ways to sunday and back. I stopped playing when I was en route from Windhelm to Riften.

t̉ͫ̇o̼͕͍o̖̜̙͓̭͐́ͥ̈́ͅ ̭̠ͬmͥ̆u̗͍͔̪̓ͩͯ̊c͈͚̥̞̯͈ͬ̌h̥͚̄ͤ̂ͭ̐ͦ ̭͇ͥͣͦs̗͖̪̲̳̾͑u̫̣̯͚͓͍̝̐̍g̖̣̅̋a̞̲̥̦͎̳̣̾̈́r͔̘̩ ̊ͯͣr̪͊̂ͬȯ̙̃ͤ͌͆̈̊ͅt͇͖̍̈s̟̩̩͓̻̜͛̽ͣ͒͛ͪ̚ ͍̖͓̝͚̗ͦ̑́ͫ̄̌̄ͅt͖͚̮̒̉̂̒ͨh̐̀ͥͬẹ̙̰̹̤̀ͩ̍ͦ̾ͧ͊ ̊͐s̟̹̼ͯ̀̀͌̌ͯ̚ͅo̭̻̥̜̲͙̻͋̓̂u̥̩̥l͖̟̝͎̓̽͛

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:24 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrobloodtribunal, Oblivering Knights, Skydawnfireborn
UESPoints: 2
Meant to return to the leader of the Greybeards with the thing from the Dwarven ruin, but the moons were against it, so instead I went to dine at my favourite fast food restaurant, Treva's Watch (fast food meaning that the food usually comes running towards you :Twisted Evil: ).

Jeder sollte einmal reisen in das schöne Vvardenfell!

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:14 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Fram returns to Solstheim, Eorlund gets his first look at stalhrim, and Frea wonders why Riften smells like that:

24th of Second Seed, 4E 202 - Fram's Journal
25th of Second Seed, 4E 202 - The Devotions of Frea
26th of Second Seed, 4E 202 - The Devotions of Frea
27th of Second Seed, 4E 202 - The Devotions of Frea

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:15 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Gbaji, I love your journals. I especially liked reading about Mjoll's jealousy!

I started out playing Skyrim with my Bosmer today, but Steam kept giving out on me for some reason. So all she did was get Kyne's token and she handed out some flyers for Lady Mara. Amusing to watch a thief give out religious doctrines. But she needed to make amends with Mara for betraying her husband with Talvas. There you have it, folks.

So I moved on to my Altmer, but I forgot I had left her in the Soul Cairn with Serana...and that she chose to turn vampire (since getting the pc's soul back is ANNOYING). Not only do I detest the Soul Cairn, but vampires as well...and I can't even look at her once beautiful face. So I quit and moved on to Felina.

She and Onmund adventured around the Reach, killing a ton of Forsworn and Hagravens. One of the most joyous ways of filling soul gems. They crusaded through 4 different Forsworn camps, leaving behind massive death, destruction, and burning everything to the ground Dovahkiin style.

So many kill cams.

So many souls sent to the Dark Father.

'Tis a good day in Skyrim. <3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:39 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Oblivion...Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360
In Thieves Guild questline at Snow Veil Catacombs I closed the gate behind me after Mercer Frey continually activated the chimes in the room.

The fact that him activating the chimes and not waking up the draugr [&@%!] my PC off! She closed the gate before Mercer made it though and then chucked an arrow at one of the draugr to wake them up!
15min later he's still fighting them off! To his credit, all the while he's still talking $#-+!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:09 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Jyr cleared out a few dungeons, then got bored and decided to slaughter all remaining Imperial soldiers. She traveled to each of their camps and killed every one of them.
Which was only possible because I modded my game so all Imperial Legates/Stormcloak Generals could be killed. Only downside is I just have to be careful during the game before I do the Civil War. The Legates/Generals in cities are mortal now and can thus be killed.

Also, I forgot to mention yesterday that the Stormcloaks in the Haafingar camp suddenly decided my horse was an enemy. I rode it over to the camp and before I could even get off the damn thing, the Stormcloaks were attacking it. Really, guys? What did that horse do to you? Just because it ran from Fort Snowhawk during the battle doesn't mean that you get to attack it. Leave my cowardly horse alone.

Well, not cowardly anymore. I was tired of having to run around Skyrim looking for my horse after every battle, so I opened up the Swift Steeds mod and edited the horses further. They aren't so inclined to flee now. I also gave them names while I was at it. Each name being tailored to the specific texture I'm using on each horse. I kept Flicka the same out of respect for the mod author's own horse.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:47 am 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
I completed some minor quests with Marius and left Whiterun. There have been three vampire attacks and both Belethor and Adrianne are dead. Surprisingly, Ysolde is running the shop now, instead of Belethor - I wasn't expecting that. Anyway, I need to do something quickly, before they slaughter half of Skyrim. But first Marius has to find a way to cure his vampirism. No leads so far, I've talked to all people in Whiterun likely to know anything about the cure (all magic users and priests), but no one could help. Now I'm about to join the College and hopefully someone there will know something. If not, I plan to travel to all major cities and talk to mages, priests and alchemists, until I find a cure.

Side note - that Durak is not the sharpest arrow in the quiver, is he? He talks to me about killing all vampires and never notices that I'm one... Come on, my eyes are glowing, it's not exactly hard to notice!

Rule #137: Always waste time when you don't have any.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:54 am 
Master
Master

ES Games: Morrowind , Oblivion , Skyrim
Most interesting thing I did today was fight the Elder Dragon at Shearpoint along with Krosis. luckily, not at the same time.

And i'd just like to say, finishing moves are ridiculous. it's completely unfair how this dragon would keep doing his silly bite finishing move, because I have seen before that I can survive the bite with a shield raised, so it's not fair on players to just give the bad guys a ''win fight'' button without even giving the player a chance to survive. if he had bitten me without my shield raised, I die, fine, that's my fault, but the point is I would have been given the chance to raise my shield and survive if I was fast enough. with these finishing moves, I'm not given that chance anymore, it's just an instakill that has nothing to do with how good or how bad you are at playing the game. :Angry:

Last edited by philfredobob on Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:53 am 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Oh, and there was one more bit of weirdness yesterday - I didn't want to travel back to Whiterun in daylight so I was spending the day in Redoran's Retreat after killing the bandits there, and Yatul appeared again when I woke up. She didn't say anything, just headed for the exit. And stepped on an unexploded Lightning Rune left over from my fight with the bandits, which turned her hostile. I didn't want to kill her, but she didn't leave me much choice. :(

Rule #137: Always waste time when you don't have any.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:31 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind
Platform: PS3, PC
Other Profiles: PSN: predator6x13
philfredobob wrote:
Most interesting thing I did today was fight the Elder Dragon at Shearpoint along with Krosis. luckily, not at the same time.

And i'd just like to say, finishing moves are ridiculous. it's completely unfair how this dragon would keep doing his silly bite finishing move, because I have seen before that I can survive the bite with a shield raised, so it's not fair on players to just give the bad guys a ''win fight'' button without even giving the player a chance to survive. if he had bitten me without my shield raised, I die, fine, that's my fault, but the point is I would have been given the chance to raise my shield and survive if I was fast enough. with these finishing moves, I'm not given that chance anymore, it's just an instakill that has nothing to do with how well or how bad you are at playing the game. :Angry:

This..
oh god. I was running to the Pale Imperial camp, testing some new spells I got for my Dunmer. Halfway there, I got to test my Ice Storm and Frost Atronach. I made it to the last of the three Imperial soldier imposters. And then, kill cam at 25% health.
Instant ragequit. Fast traveled to the camp instead.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:33 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

And that is why I like the 'Player Killmove Immunity' option for The Dance of Death. Sadly unavailable for consoles, otherwise I would disable them on my PS3 (that I can't play because of the chewing canine). It's annoying having a bandit pull a kill cam on me when I still had half of my health.

I haven't had the chance to play Skyrim yet, but when I do, I have a few things to test. I added an alternate Elven Greatsword (the mesh from Better Shaped Weapons, just made standalone) and I want to test the shape. I also added a proper female version of Ulfric's gear, so I need to test that as well.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:07 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

philfredobob wrote:

And i'd just like to say, finishing moves are ridiculous. it's completely unfair how this dragon would keep doing his silly bite finishing move, because I have seen before that I can survive the bite with a shield raised, so it's not fair on players to just give the bad guys a ''win fight'' button without even giving the player a chance to survive. if he had bitten me without my shield raised, I die, fine, that's my fault, but the point is I would have been given the chance to raise my shield and survive if I was fast enough. with these finishing moves, I'm not given that chance anymore, it's just an instakill that has nothing to do with how well or how bad you are at playing the game. :Angry:

I completely agree. That is the only way I die.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:39 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Since my characters never fast travel anymore (unless its to the stables from inside the city), it takes much longer to get things accomplished in game but I kinda like that. So Felina and Onmund cleared out a couple caves, including Shriekwind Bastion. Things went pretty well until the end when she had to fight a Master Vampire alone since her husband was nowhere to be found. She could hear him yelling threats...somewhere...but he wasn't fighting by her side. That vampire was a headache. He kept taking down her atronachs and there were no dead bodies around for her to raise. Quite irritating. She ran out of potions from his stupid ice spike spells and the positioning was...well...she hid behind the protection of that fire trap but it was no use. She didn't die though, and in the end she let the atronach kill him.

Then Onmund decided to rear his handsome face. Great timing buddy, yeah, he's dead already thanks for the help. But to be fair, he has been killing everything lately and not letting her have a fair shot. So she's becoming more aggressive, its the only way she'll level up with dufus around.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:16 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Frea finds a were-bear in the Rift, Fram cautions her not to drink the water, and those Thalmor punks keep loitering on the porch:

29th of Second Seed, 4E 202 - Fram's Journal
30th of Second Seed, 4E 202 - The Devotions of Frea
1st of Midyear, 4E 202 - Fram's Journal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:27 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I messed around with ULO+.

Jyr got tired of looting dungeons after clearing out several more (Volskygge, Sunderstone Gorge, and maybe a few more) and decided she would do Discerning the Transmundane.
After that, she made her way up to High Hrothgar. And that's where I stopped.

I'll probably continue the main quest tomorrow, then start Dragonborn.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:59 am 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim, TESO
Platform: Xbox 360, PS4
I was getting bored with my level 28 Redguard vampire warrior so I decided to create a new character: an Altmer pure mage named Soliz.

Skyrim never ceases to amaze me. There's always some new area you've never explored even though you think you've seen just about everything there is to see. And that leads me to this...

I had gotten my character up to level 7 and was trying to make the trek up to the Shrine of Azura (which I have never been to with my main character) when I got sidetracked by a cave I discovered called the Sightless Pit. I thought "Hey cool I can kill some people and make money before I see the Daedra goddess" but it was a near costly mistake in more ways than one.

Without giving away any spoilers I will say you have to jump into this cave and once you go in there's no getting back out unless you clear it. That was problematic for me because I just realized I have a (really bad) habit of always saving over my previous saves instead of just having multiples for the same character in case of emergencies.

After clearing about a third of the cave I saved over my only file for Soliz and then realized immediately after that the monsters became extremely tough for a level 7 mage like myself. I was worried I would literally have to recreate this character if I wanted to play with this guy but I somehow powered through after about 2 hours and 20 deaths :shock: I was basically running around trying to avoid being attacked while my Flame Atronach did all of the damage. And of course Lydia died on the first adventure I took her on.

Looking back that was definitely the worst decision I have made while playing Skyrim but I thank Azura I made it out alive and can continue my trek to her shrine. That was definitely one of the two hardest places I've ever explored in this game. I checked the UESP wiki and it suggests a minimum character level of 18 before jumping down into the cave of no return.

Cool adventure but only because I was somehow able to make it out alive. :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:35 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: All of them!
UESPoints: 5
Gbaji wrote:
Frea finds a were-bear in the Rift, Fram cautions her not to drink the water, and those Thalmor punks keep loitering on the porch:

29th of Second Seed, 4E 202 - Fram's Journal
30th of Second Seed, 4E 202 - The Devotions of Frea
1st of Midyear, 4E 202 - Fram's Journal

Gbaji, I really love how you capture your character's adventures through Skyrim, and find your journals to be very well written! They are a pleasure to read!

"[...] for the lives of gods are not what mortals think and matters that weigh only years to mortals weigh on gods forever."
The Tribunal Temple, Nerevar at Red Mountain

Find the S'wit:
ESO PC-NA: @Avron | Legends: nosoundcomes

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:53 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrobloodtribunal, Oblivering Knights, Skydawnfireborn
UESPoints: 2
I went to Fort Dawnguard and tried to kill Isran (for personal roleplaying reasons, nothing to do with Dawnguard; somewhat OT backstory in spoilers below, if you care), but the stupid game wouldn't let me - even after I set him to nonessential he just didn't die. Oh for the halcyon days of Morrowind when you could screw up your game for real and for good as you saw fit...

Spoiler:
So, the backstory: Sylvaine was raised in High Rock, daughter of a civilized Breton merchant and a Reachwoman from Markarth (Bothela's niece, actually) who taught her to worship the Old Gods and the basics of witchcraft (much to Dad's displeasure, who disapproved of all that). When Syl was about twelve or thirteen her mother was murdered by a Redguard Vigilant of Stendarr who had been informed of Mom's practices by the local townsfolk; Syl never forgave her father for failing to protect or avenge Mom and ran away from home a few years later to join first a couple of bandit gangs, then a witch coven and finally a crew of pirates during the next dozen years until she was shipwrecked off the northern coast of Skyrim near Dawnstar. When she first met Durak and he told her about the Dawnguard and Isran, the name rung a distant bell although she couldn't quite pinpoint it, and the next time she was in Riften she decided to look further into the matter and meet that guy. When she entered the fort and found him talking to Vigilant Tolan she immediately recognized the face and voice that had haunted her memory all those years... It would have been such a perfect Inigo Montoya moment, if only Bethesda had let me. *sigh* (As for Isran, he probably didn't recognize her face, but he still recognized a witch when he saw one, because he attacked me on sight. :D

Anyway, as far as my own little roleplaying universe is concerned, I'll consider him dead. In actual fact, however, I vented my frustration by wolfing out and eating every bit of human flesh in Faldar's Watch.

Jeder sollte einmal reisen in das schöne Vvardenfell!

ImageImage

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 126  Next