UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2024 10:17 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 126  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 'What You Did in Skyrim Today' Thread
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:28 pm 
Master
Master

ES Games: IV: GOTY, V: DG, HF, DB
Platform: PC (IV, V) & PS3 (V)
UESPoints: 0
Requiem got too frustrating, so I decided to give SkyRe a second chance (after rereading the description; spears?) ... unfortunately, the Nexus is being incredibly slow. (at least for me) Backing up Requiem characters just in case ... and making new versions of them for Skyre. Less of what I did and more of what I'm going to do today, haha. :P

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:24 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I went back and stole Alain Dufont's clothes, to add insult to injury. And to all the other insult.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:40 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, Morrowind
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 7
^^ Speaking of which, I found out just how sadistic one's character can be. My assassin rolled up on Nilsine Shatter-Shield on the streets of Windhelm and decided to try her hand at being a mean girl, saying something about "Do you hear that? Its your sister screaming in the Void". Heartless.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:40 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyim, Morrowind, Oblivion
Platform: Xbox 360
Not nearly as heartless as decapitating her in her own home.

To denounce the evils of truth and love.
Until our post count reaches the stars above.

Spoiler:
Musicman247 wrote:
I don't suck, I blow.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:46 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

She hasn't decided if she's going to do that yet. I think she just enjoys seeing her misery for whatever sick [&@%!] reason.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:50 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I end up killing Nilsine, because the gratitude you get from Muiri is much better than what'shisface telling you that at least his wife lived. And to be honest, [&@%!] Tova Shatter-Shield, all she ever talks about is her dead daughter. If talked less about Friga and pre-occupied her mind with something else than maybe she wouldn't a distraught mess. I mean, our character goes through [&@%!] the minute they leave a walled city, and she breaks down over one death.

Spoiler:
Musicman247 wrote:
I don't suck, I blow.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:53 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Felina doesn't really feel bad for anyone, except Tova Shatter-Shield for some reason. I think she just doesn't like Nilsine, so when she buys Hjerim its going to be fun torturing her emotionally every now and then. By the way, the skooma addiction mod has taken full effect on the game again and it seems she can't do anything without at least 2 bottles to get her going or else her magica and stamina suffer the consequences. Its a bit annoying, especially when the screen is fuzzy and blue.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:02 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

That's why I stayed off the stuff, I only ever use sleeping tree sap after I kill a boss level enemy and wander around the Pine Forests in Falkreath high as [&@%!].

Spoiler:
Musicman247 wrote:
I don't suck, I blow.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:42 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

My clothing theft wasn't really as humiliating as it could have been, though, given that he was already an ash pile.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:38 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Arena, Skyrim
Other Profiles: steam: rcgni2003
Jarna collected like 6 of the Stones of Barzeniah and did some traveling on horseback. She promptly nope'd and bailed when a dragon attacked Karthwasten and ended up in Whiterun with a nercomancer lair cleared on the way where she crafted a few pieces of jewelery with stored up silver ingots and gems.

t̉ͫ̇o̼͕͍o̖̜̙͓̭͐́ͥ̈́ͅ ̭̠ͬmͥ̆u̗͍͔̪̓ͩͯ̊c͈͚̥̞̯͈ͬ̌h̥͚̄ͤ̂ͭ̐ͦ ̭͇ͥͣͦs̗͖̪̲̳̾͑u̫̣̯͚͓͍̝̐̍g̖̣̅̋a̞̲̥̦͎̳̣̾̈́r͔̘̩ ̊ͯͣr̪͊̂ͬȯ̙̃ͤ͌͆̈̊ͅt͇͖̍̈s̟̩̩͓̻̜͛̽ͣ͒͛ͪ̚ ͍̖͓̝͚̗ͦ̑́ͫ̄̌̄ͅt͖͚̮̒̉̂̒ͨh̐̀ͥͬẹ̙̰̹̤̀ͩ̍ͦ̾ͧ͊ ̊͐s̟̹̼ͯ̀̀͌̌ͯ̚ͅo̭̻̥̜̲͙̻͋̓̂u̥̩̥l͖̟̝͎̓̽͛

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:52 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Arena, Oblivion (5th Ann; PS3 + PC, GoTY; PS3), Skyrim (All Expansions; PS3)
Platform: Playstation 3, PC
I made another profile (Altmer Female), named Isyreth... Power-trip during loading screen. Corrupted my data. -_-'

It was heading towards the College of Winterhold from Dawnstar.

R.I.P. Isyreth 24/7/13 11am~ - 24/7/13 1pm~

Location of death, Windpeak inn.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:41 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Fram harasses some bandits to work on his shield bash, the Forsworn keep their distance, and Serana serves up a mess o' fried hagraven:

28th of First Seed, 4E 202 - Serana's Diary
29th of First Seed, 4E 202 - Fram's Journal
30th of First Seed, 4E 202 - Serana's Diary

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:05 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim Legendary, ESO, Legends
Platform: PC, PS3
Other Profiles: Steam: Captain Mauin, ESO: @Mauin and @Merorzen, Legends: Mauin
UESPoints: 1
In the short time I managed to play, I cleared out all the Dragon Lairs. That's it.
I also came to realize that I really don't like the aMidianBorn Whiterun. It just doesn't look right.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:06 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Walked around in the Soul Cairn during that point in Dawnguard. Both intrigued and depressed.. now looking for the Dragon scroll. Too bad Lorkhan's heart wasn't in that box.. interesting that (just thought of this) 3 things in the Aurbris see past, present and future as one.. Akatosh, The Elder Scrolls, and Hermaeus Mora. Each one plays a heavy role in Skyrim.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:59 am 
Initiate
Initiate

I used Ice Form on Wulfgar while he was demonstrating his whirlwind sprinting skills.
He flew off the cliff and started spinning, then he blasted into outerspace.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:36 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I ended up completing the Battle for Fort Greenwall three times because the first time Serana glitched out (became stuck in combat) and the second time the game froze.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:33 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Fram & Serana check back in with the Dawnguard, they encounter some charming Vigilants, and Sorine dangles Dwarf tech secrets in front of Fram:

31st of First Seed, 4E 202 - Fram's Journal
1st of Rain's Hand, 4E 202 - Serana's Diary
2nd of Rain's Hand, 4E 202 - Fram's Journal
3rd of Rain's Hand, 4E 202 - Serana's Diary
4th of Rain's Hand, 4E 202 - Fram's Journal

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:34 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Skyrim: DG, HF, DB
I cleared Folgunthur with the aid of Daynas Valen himself.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:38 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
I joined the Legion! Yay! I'm anxious to see how Civil War Overhaul changes the game and if I can win it (because with CWO you can actually lose the war, which is awesome). Clearing out the fort for Rikke was great, but insanely difficult - I think SkyRe upped the level for this location, because it was full of Plunderers and Highwaymen who were too strong for my Illusion spells and killed me so hard over and over that I was considering lowering the difficulty level for a moment. ;) Had an interesting conversation with Rikke about the Dominion, I hope I can get her to say more when I advance in the Legion and she begins to trust me a bit more. It seems that she hates the AD [&@%!] as much as I do.

I also killed a vampire in Solitude, but not before it killed one of those extremely annoying Altmer shop owners (yay) and apparently infected one of the kids, because her eyes got all weird (ups). I will need to watch out for her, especially if I do some nighttime snooping.

Got recruited to do some crime by a shady Argonian as well. After all S'Kirra joined the Legion mainly to make her criminal activities easier to hide, not out of deep sense of duty and patriotism. And, well, he's wearing a really nice armor so I'm hoping to double-cross him as soon as we get the loot. I could even report killing the dangerous criminal, maybe there's a bounty to collect or something?

Rule #137: Always waste time when you don't have any.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:08 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Just for the hell of it, Felina purchased an armored troll from the Dawnguard for $500. Enamored by the idea of having a beast she needed to control along for adventures, she met his basic needs by ensuring he didn't die on her. He was expensive. But he's adorable, so she named him 'Lucien', although he still answers to 'Troll'. She and Onmund wait patiently for Lucien when he falls behind, feed him meaty treats, and let him sleep downstairs in the housecarl's room. Hopefully that doesn't turn out bad someday.

But anyway, roaming through Skyrim has new meaning for Felina. Since she feels important towing around an armored troll. ;) Oh, and she also became a mother, though she found a nanny right away so she could get back to her adventures.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:47 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrobloodtribunal, Oblivering Knights, Skydawnfireborn
UESPoints: 2
My last few days in Skyrim were spent continuing the Main Quest and College of Winterhold with Sylvaine Emrys. Spoiler warnings for Diplomatic Immunity/A Cornered Rat and Hitting the Books through Containment (also ridiculously long post):

Spoiler:
So I had successfully invaded the Thalmor Embassy, purloined all dossiers of interest (the one on Ulfric corroborated Sylvaine's deep hatred of the man) and got Malborn out alive (IIRC for the first time in all my characters) by summoning a Dremora Lord next to him to keep his captors occupied till I got up the stairs to finish them off. Met up with Delphine (who hadn't exactly endeared herself any further to Sylvaine by forcing her to cross half of Skyrim to retrieve her gear & goods; seriously, Delphine, what would it have cost you to wait in Solitude for a day? Oh I forgot, you have an inn to run... :roll: ) and informed her of my discoveries, then set forth to find Esbern.

Remembering I still had a job from the College to do, I decided to make for Winterhold first and come to Riften from the north. Stopped at Fellglow Keep, talked the Caller into letting me have the stolen books (Sylvaine's generally on friendly terms with warlocks, and Orthorn is of no use to her) and returned them to Urag. After another annoying visit by one of those meddling Psijic monks and a few friendly chats with Tolfdir, the Augur and Savos Aren, Mirabelle told me that I would have to investigate a Dwarven ruin by the name of Mzuft. Now Sylvaine deeply loathes the godless, Daedra-deriding Dwemer, their blasphemous constructs and everything else to do with them, but seeing that Mzulft was about half the way south to Riften where we were going anyway, yeah, well, fine.

Except, as we all know (and if you didn't you had no business clicking on the spoiler :P ), I found out that the Staff of Magnus seemed to be in Labyrinthian, and Sylvaine had already been there once and tried in vain to get in. After a brief debate with herself, she resolved to report to Aren first and then double back south to Riften, hoping the Thalmor wouldn't find Esbern before she got there.

Unfortunately, things had turned to the worse at the College: Ancano had gone haywire, Aren was dead, and Winterhold was under attack from a horde of flying zigzagging magic energy baseballs in a bloody blizzard. (For some reason it's always snowing heavily for me when the anomalies attack, making it difficult to see the buggers properly, let alone kill them. I so hate that quest.) It was a drawn-out fight which continued into the late evening, and I had quite forgotten that it was that time of the month again; not being keen on getting into a fight with innocent bystanders the guards, I made it out of town just in time before the transformation kicked in.

Several digested bears, bandits, horkers and a mage later I discovered Journeyman's Nook (another first time, I think – can't remember ever having been there) where I breakfasted on poor Borvir's corpse and awaited the dawn. Back in human form, I returned to Winterhold, finished the remaining anomalies and, having received the torques of Labyrinthian from Mirabelle, decided I'd had just about enough of all these academic mages, power-crazy Thalmor and manipulating Psijics and they could well sort out their own mess by themselves. As a sort of farewell statement to the College, I killed J'zargo for nearly killing me with his doctored flamecloak scrolls. (Sylvaine is convinced he knew exactly what he was doing, trying to get rid of competition so his own star would shine the brighter, the fool; she never was competition for him, having no ambitions whatsoever for a college career – she just came there for the master spells, everything else was coincidence - , but she doesn't forgive an attempt on her life.)

After a short stop in Windhelm for selling and brewing purposes, another full moon rose and I found out you can run from Windhelm to Riften in a single night in beast form and still have spare time left to check out any promising caves on the way; ended up in Broken Helm Hollow and staid there for a little sleep in the early morning hours. In Riften I circumvented the whole Brynjolf thing by talking to Keerava at the Bee & Barb, who directed me to the Ragged Flagon, and Dirge, who told me Esbern was hiding down in the Warrens.

Now the way Tamriel's celestial mechanics work (according to Tales of Lycanthropy), I had another full moon night ahead of me and a premonition that Esbern wouldn't take kindly to having his travelling companion turn into a raving beast on the way, so I was forced to spend the time otherwise until it was safe to talk to him. I made the best of it by setting a few people to nonessential, waiting for dusk in the Flagon and binge-eating about every soul down there who wasn't hiding behind a heavily barred door (it's a mystery to me how Sylvaine is keeping her slim human figure with that kinda diet; I suppose she burns all the calories with sprinting and power attacks while in wereform). Too sad Mjoll the Lioness will never know that her dream has come true...

Jeder sollte einmal reisen in das schöne Vvardenfell!

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:24 am 
Master
Master

ES Games: IV: GOTY, V: DG, HF, DB
Platform: PC (IV, V) & PS3 (V)
Today my current character, a kind-hearted, devout archer Francine Maborel started her adventures in Skyrim. She started her game camping in the woods near Falkreath and naturally traveled to the town. Long story short, and six levels later, she was infected by Sinding (thanks to a new werewolf mod, heh) when fighting him and managed to become a werewolf. Her first transformation happened upon returning to Falkreath, where she killed numerous guards and three nearby Imperial soldiers before running off into the forest. Unfortunately, she isn't a Companion and has no idea if curing lycanthropy is possible -- and if it is, where to start. It is going to be an interesting game, keeping this curse a secret while being a do-gooder and a member of the Dawnguard. :P

I also started two more characters today, to start playing after Francine adds ten or twenty levels: A powerful Nord witch named Nette Wood-Sage and a blade-hating Khajiit warrior named Do'sava. (though, he's not adverse to shortspears, because his claws are nowhere near the pointy-end. He uses mace+shield and spear+shield primarily)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:01 am 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind
Platform: PS3, PC
Other Profiles: PSN: predator6x13
So, I created a female Dunmer named Lleva. I intend on having her being strictly a mage/Archer. No Companions, no Thieves' Guild. Though, I am contemplating on joining the Dark Brotherhood.
So far, so good. I've actually taken a liking to daggers, as long as I can use magic with them, that is. I have yet to die, so that's good.

Oh, and something else happened with my Orc befor I went into Blackreach that my friend and I laughed at. I'll post a pic tomorrow of what it was.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:09 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Now all Sorine needs is a tracking system and a large spinning mirror, and she could vaporize an undead target from space:

7th of Rain's Hand, 4E 202 - Serana's Diary
8th of Rain's Hand, 4E 202 - Fram's Journal
10th of Rain's Hand, 4E 202 - Serana's Diary
12th of Rain's Hand, 4E 202 - Fram's Journal
13th of Rain's Hand, 4E 202 - Serana's Diary

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:53 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Skyrim: DG, HF, DB
I just had probably my most intense dragon fight to date -- to get, of all things, a copy of Glories and Laments for Urag. It was at Northwind Summit, and my Breton conjurer, Merla, is currently spread a little thin (level 12 or 13). I accidentally killed Brelyna early in the fight, and eventually decided to move from the farthest hut to the one just left of the world wall. I have Deadly Dragons on expert settings, and this (regular) dragon was at maybe 40% health at this point.

The dragon landed, and moved close enough that I was trapped in the hut, taking alternating damage from bites and frost breath. I went through all of the best health potions I had, and finally finished off the dragon with the Staff of Jyrik Gauldurson while continuously healing with the left hand.

Witchery wrote:
A powerful Nord witch named Nette Wood-Sage

Cool name. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 126  Next