UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2024 2:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 126  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 'What You Did in Skyrim Today' Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:09 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim Legendary, ESO, Legends
Platform: PC, PS3
Other Profiles: Steam: Captain Mauin, ESO: @Mauin and @Merorzen, Legends: Mauin
UESPoints: 1
Vulom completed both Wolf Queen quests in Solitude. Solitude had one Vampire attack when she returned from Wolfskull Cave.
After that, she spent her time robbing random places. She cleared out the Blue Palace of all valuables (including that Stone).

Of course, while she was taking a "break" from all the stealing (by stealing more stuff, of course) in the Winking Skeever, that annoying bard started to sing.
Me being me (and Vulom being Vulom), I just had to shoot her down then and there. Managed to do the deed without getting caught. Was amused when Corpulus, Sorex, and Minette all a ran out of the Inn at once. They refused to talk to Vulom when they came back, saying they were too sad or whatever. Heh.

Any permanently angry NPCs were worth finally silencing that bard for good.
I was thinking, tomorrow, that I might strike out at the rest of the bards. If possible. Vulom (and myself) think they all sound terrible.
Besides, it's good practice.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:58 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrobloodtribunal, Oblivering Knights, Skydawnfireborn
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 2
My new Breton knight, Sir Diesalot (see above), brought the Butcher of Windhelm to justice (delivered on the spot by his own greatsword in a nice kill cam that I forgot to screenshot, as always) and sold a certain piece of evidence found in the Butcher's hideout for enough money to buy himself a horse. After all, a knight needs a horse, doesn't he? Right. He's also picked up enough quests around Windhelm to keep him occupied for a while.

I quite like this guy, so be prepared to hear more from him. I've also made up a couple of rules that should make playing him interesting, such as:
- no stealing (but reverse pickpocketing may be necessary on occasion, see below);
- no needless disturbing of the dead; he may spend the night in an ancient crypt to escape a snowstorm but he wouldn't investigate further unless bidden to do so for a purpose he considers ethically legitimate; no looting from burial urns and corpses that stay dead (undead are fair game);
- no trafficking with Daedra (with the possible exception of Meridia, but that's iffy);
- no use of magic except for Restoration (and possibly calming spells from Illusion);
- no attack without challenging the enemy (i.e. no sneak kills);
- no stripping of slain enemies; taking jewelry and weapons is OK, but the dead must be left decent.

He'll also have to find a compromise between the mercantile instinct trained in his former job and the chivalric sense of honour he aspires to. I suppose he'll accept (and demand) good payment for his services from the well-to-do, but be generous towards the poor and lowly (and may put the money back into their pockets if he feels he's been given too much).

Jeder sollte einmal reisen in das schöne Vvardenfell!

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:15 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
UESPoints: 0
Mauin - do you also hate mimes, minstrels, thespians, tumblers, flautists, and particularly jesters?

Yesterday I pulled up an old save of a character I hadn't played in a long time: Laenoth, a Bosmer archer, who looks quite handsome in his new Thieves Guild armor. He took a bedlam job from Delvin, entered Solitude for the first time, and took the public execution as an opportunity to sneak into Radiant Raiment and rip off an expensive circlet. He then ran all over the waterways of the province collecting nirnroot for the cute and morbid Briar Rose of Riften*, and ran into Farkas, Athis, and Torvar killing a bear near Dawnstar.

*He wants to marry Ingun and set her up in Honeyside with an alchemy lab and a garden, but all in good time. He's got stuff to steal.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:41 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

No. I just hate bards who can't sing.

Topic:
All I've done on Skyrim today is test my new Albino werewolf eyes. So exciting. Bah.
It's finished now, though.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:27 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games: Battlespire, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO, Legends
UESPoints: 7
I started missing Alarra, having not played her save file since March, so while I didn't save it, I played a bit. I went to the Throat of the World and flew around with Odahviing for a while, and then I retraced the very first route I took to Shor's Stone on the way to High Hrothgar - I'd taken the scenic route, and it's probably my favorite scenery in the entire game. Go up to Hillgrund's Tomb, take a left at the entrance and follow the pine trees to the big log bridge, and just follow the trail up and over the next mountain from there.

Twitch channel: Offline

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:37 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I loaded up From-Blackest-Reaches (since I didn't feel like taking down the Bards yet with Vulom) and went on a dungeon diving mission. I forgot how fast she was. From-Blackest-Reaches: the Argonian whirlwind. If I ain't dual-wielding, I've got a spell in the left.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:56 am 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: Daggerfall [in progress], Morrowind [must buy!], Oblivion [must replay], Skyrim [in progress]
Platform: PC, XBox 360, PS3
Other Profiles: DEMON LEMON (PC, XBox), DAEMON_LEMON(PS3)
I did some of the Burgulary and Shill jobs for the Guild in anticipation of the Golden Estate Heist/Hit/&Burn run... Turned in the Skooma Dealer of the Rift with whom I'll Tango shortly, and did an Ore Sample run for the Alchemist's wife there in Riften as my 'Good Deed'. LOL. Time for some R&R PGGA with the Wife now B4 adventuring some more. ;) So a quick stop in Riverwood to vist Camille 1st is in order...

Hidden:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:12 am 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox360
I guess I have become obsessed with completing quests without registering any kills :oops: Some quests are impossible, but most can be completed.

Just finished "Eliminate the Dark Brotherhood" without registering any kills. I have attempted it a few times in the past, but have never been able to pull it off. But at level 96 I finally got her done. Not elegant really...pushing a cart into Astrid while she was Dismay'ed and having my Dragon Aspect Buddy finish off the rest of the gang once I had them sufficiently weakened. No kills for me. Not going to wake up in some locked up shack again thank you very much.

Level 96 with 2 kills....Alduin and EbonyWarrior. Head of ThievesGuild, College of Winterhold, Companions. Thane in every Hold and own all the homes and then some. Collected all the Dragon Priest masks and have most of the shouts. Still stuff to do....

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:01 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, Morrowind
Felina and Serana entered Shrouded Hearth Barrow. At level 53...I didn't realize she still hadn't explored there. Good thing its an easy dungeon.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:21 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I didn't do much today. Spent my time fiddling around with textures for weapons and armor until I came up with some stuff I liked.

After that, I tested the textures and then loaded my Bosmer character. She just went on a brief 15 minute hunting trip.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:15 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, Elder Scrolls Online
Platform: PC, Xbox 360
Nothing much, I just escaped a dragon attack with a rebel named Ralof. A nice guy. Now I only have to decide if I want to follow him to this Riverwood, or go off on my own. I'm probably going with the former. While I am of Nordic blood, I still have no friends in this land yet, except for him.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:19 am 
Layman
Layman

Platform: Xbos360
My Wood Elf explored Whiterun today. Bought a mammoth tusk for Ysolda from the Khajit merchants outside. You'd think she would have looked. Going through Bleak Falls Barrow right now, looking for this "Dragonstone."

My little Bosmer cannot stand Farengar. He's gonna get an a blade to his throat one of these days. He's too smug for her liking.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:42 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Sylari wound up stumbling across the countryside looking for shinies and rumors on his way to riverrun.... took the LOOOOOOONG way from helgen.

punched a vampire in the face for infecting him with some disease and then stabbed it in the face with a lovely silver greatsword. Then stomped the unliving essence out of another vampire in the room (best kill cam ever imo)
Spoiler:
stright punch to the jaw knocking them down and then /swagwalk around to their face and STOMP

found a slow roasting skeever and a mudcrab at a nearby camp to clear up any vampirism issues. Probably never going to take the long way to riverrun from helgen again.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:47 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Lieth and husband Vilkas were frolicking around the woods when they came across a Thalmor vs Stormcloaks battle. Bosmer tried to ignore the grisly scene, but when she heard that last Nord soldier's moan something in her snapped (she's partial to Nords I guess). So she sent Vilkas to attack the Thalmor guards and the two of them fought a cut-throat battle. Always fun hacking some Thalmor. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:17 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Lanari crossed the Whiterun tundra, killing whatever animal got in her path. She went up to Eldersblood Peak, over to Skyborn Altar, then back to Whiterun.
Once she got there, she decided to harvest all the plants at each farm, then rob them of every possession inside. With a select few murders, of course. She killed the guy at Chillfurrow Farm, the cow, two chickens, and the Whiterun Guard who happened to be patrolling in the area.

After that, she went into the city proper. Accidentally assaulted the Challenger, then faced off against the Ebony Warrior. Sort of. He issued his challenge, and Lanari just ducked down behind him. Two quick sneak attacks (15x damage each, and her blades do around 400 damage with enchantments) and a kill cam on the second blow. He never knew what hit him.

Of course, Lanari wasn't quite ready to visit the Jarl. Heck, she still hasn't even been to Bleak Falls Barrow yet and I usually do that before coming to Whiterun.
So, instead, I had her loot every shop in town. Also killed Nazeem, Ahlam, and Heimskr. Oh, and that bard in the Inn.
Had some fun reloading and getting new kill cams on Heimskr each time.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:00 pm 
Novice
Novice

Haven't completed yet but I started to build my own house today. (that's fantastic) I need more wood. but, I can't find Woodcutter's Axe. :/

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:40 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, all DLC, Oblivion, GoTY and aniversary, arena
Platform: X360/PC, X360/PC, PC.
UESPoints: 2
Buy it at a wood mill. (The wood, not the axe)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:06 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Fram makes the definitive response to Serana's complaints about the sun, Mjoll gets blinged out, and Serana is disappointed in the Tongue:

26th of Sun's Dawn, 4E 202 - Fram's Journal
27th of Sun's Dawn, 4E 202 - Serana's Diary
1st of First Seed, 4E 202 - Lydia's Log
2nd of First Seed, 4E 202 - Serana's Diary
3rd of First Seed, 4E 202 - Fram's Journal
4th of First Seed, 4E 202 - Serana's Diary
5th of First Seed, 4E 202 - Fram's Journal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:20 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I did something interesting for farts and giggles: made a Felina #2 and played her back and forth with level 54 Felina. It was fun but I won't keep doing that because it was a bit dizzying lol.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:47 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Skyrim: DG, HF, DB
Kari went for a Volkihar radiant quest and got The Hunt. The target was a Traveling Pilgrim in the Bee and Barb. Kari being an assassin, she wanted the discreet kill, but the speech checks were failing (and since it's my first Volkihar playthrough, I tried to wait the "pilgrim" out, to no avail). So Kari hid off to the side, and used the (SkyRe) Scapegoat spell. It was very satisfying to see that woman taken out by the entire inn.

A bounty must've been added at some point, because as my assassin stepped outside with Serana, Vulwulf Snow-Shod attacked, and then the guards joined in. And as Kari took off, Serana stayed to single-handedly take on Riften (and add to my bounty). After a long swim, capture, a botched escape from jail, reload, and acceptance of monetary defeat, the bounty was cleared. And Vulwulf was dead. So at least Kari kept to her trend of one additional victim per assassination.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:43 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Skyrim
Dark brotherhood spoiler
Spoiler:
after the quest where Astrid sacrificed herself for the black sacrament ,it always makes me so sad that such an awesome character as her dies. So me being typical vampire, I dead thralled her. Yep now she's running around me with her burned bikini and burned hair . I eont know if anyone has done it,but its quite sad. She equips an iron sword and still talks like a normal live person. And when she dies, she says "Thank you..". As if if I killed her as I did in the quest.lol so evil of me.i always dead thrall every npc from the quest. Goes with my evil greedy altmer vampire.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:22 pm 
Novice
Novice

CBR JGWRR wrote:
Buy it at a wood mill. (The wood, not the axe)

I thought, I need axe for get wood but I figured out that I have to buy from wood mill.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:04 am 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Today Myrle Arano visited Tolvald's Cave, and a minute after I finished explaining to Aranea that she really shouldn't step in front of me unexpectedly when I'm firing my bow, she was killed by a Falmer arrow. I slaughtered every last one of them, took her gear and brought it to Azura's shrine. I put it all down on the altar and prayed the Lady of Twilight wouldn't crush me for getting her servant killed...

After that I headed to the College, (final CoW quest spoiler)
Spoiler:
to finally deal with the Eye of Magnus, and it went easier than I was expecting. I sliced Ancano to pieces and Tolfdir gave me Archmage's robes. Somehow it didn't feel like such a big deal, mostly because the questline is ridiculously short if you're not doing those little fetch quests for various College mages. It felt as if I had only just joined, and suddenly it was over and somehow I ended up leading that sorry bunch.

Well, I had two bigger tasks ahead of me - I needed to capture a dragon and (last DB quest spoiler)
Spoiler:
kill the Emperor.
I decided to deal with the former first, because it all depended on a rather fragile truce and I was worried that kicking that particular hornets nest might break it. If that happened, Balgruuf would certainly withdraw his support and that wasn't something I was willing to risk. Anyway, it went really well and soon I was flying off to Skuldafn. Where I learned that while I can easily enough plow through a legion of Deathlords, I might have some slight problems battling three dragons at the same time... ;) Still, they fell, and... well. You know what happens next. ;) (and if you don't, don't read the next part)

Spoiler:
Myrle Arano, the Dragonborn, the Archmage of College of Winterhold, the Listener of Dark Brotherhood, slew Alduin the World-Eater under the red and purple aurora of Sovngarde, fighting side by side with the heroes of old. I have never gotten that far, so it felt pretty amazing. Especially when I traveled back to Whiterun, to inform the Jarl that his help really paid off, and as I entered the Bannered Mare, Mikael started singing Tale of Tongues. :)

Nah, I'm not moving anywhere today. That's a really good spot to stop, I think...

Rule #137: Always waste time when you don't have any.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:06 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I just took a beating and used up all my restore health and resist frost potions taking down an Ancient Dragon. I'm only level 30, that one hurt!

edit: And I've just encountered another Ancient Dragon, this time thankfully softened up by Esbern and Delphine and a Forsworn camp of helpful distractions.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:57 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Arena, Oblivion (5th Ann; PS3 + PC, GoTY; PS3), Skyrim (All Expansions; PS3)
Platform: Playstation 3, PC
Decided to meet the Karstaag;

Spoiler:
after finding it's skull in a cavern I returned it to it's rightful place besides the throne in Karstaag's temple of ice.

The monster materialized from air, to what appeared to be a ghost! There was a swirling hazardous cloak of frost around it - the cloak drawing closer to me as the beast chased me around his courtyard. Seeking shelter, and attempting to fool the beast, I crouched below a Riekling rider, my resort of safety - relying on this endeavour of cowardice to keep me out of view, however, the Bristlebacks' mounted warrior covered all but my head, and the barbaric tribal beast had spotted me.

Then I got a bit bored of running around and decided to get out one of my plethora of exploited weapons with humiliating damage and stuck one in his ash yams.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 126  Next