UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2024 2:15 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 126  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 'What You Did in Skyrim Today' Thread
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:36 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim Legendary
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
UESPoints: 0
Just reached Save 1337.

XD even the game acknowledges I'm a veteran now

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:50 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, Morrowind
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 7
Sylmirie rescued Serana from her sleepy tomb and headed into the darkness to take her home. Our party of Altmer, Onmund and vampire was attacked all at once by: an ancient dragon, a thief, 3 vampires, a pack of wolves, and a troll. In the end, we all know who came out victorious:

The last of them.
Spoiler:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:45 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Other Profiles: Xbox: SargentLipton35
tatortodd22 wrote:
Just reached Save 1337.

I am around save 5000.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:38 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Skyrim: DG, HF, DB
I got a lunar transformation for the first time with Moonlight Tales. Pretty cool, definitely stepped up from Tales of Lycanthropy.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:30 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Roderic, who was already reluctant to accept that he was Dragonborn, accidentally killed his follower and friend, Erandur, with a shout in battle.

He's given up shouting for now, until he is in a better place or a time of need where he accepts his blood again.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:40 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim Legendary, ESO, Legends
Platform: PC, PS3
Other Profiles: Steam: Captain Mauin, ESO: @Mauin and @Merorzen, Legends: Mauin
UESPoints: 1
Got the Legendary Edition of Skyrim for my PS3 earlier so I'd actually have something to do with the damn thing. Got everything working nicely, aside from my dinosaur of a TV. Seriously. My TV is 10 years old (or older, I don't actually know; all I know is that we've had it for most of the time we've been here, which has been 11-12 years) and the HUD for Skyrim is extremely squished. Some text even hangs off the screen. Even though it's bloody tiny.

Despite that, I started a little Bosmer hunter lady. Things are going well... Sort of. My fingers are meant for a keyboard, not a controller. The controls are messing me up constantly. I can't remember where I left her. Might've been just outside Riverwood or something, going to head off to Bleak Falls.

I was forced to hand the TV back, though, so I went off to give my PC some attention. Started an Imperial here... Then deleted her after I went giant hunting. Got bored rather suddenly.

So, rather predictably, I started another character. This one was a Khajiit. Who, also, was deleted.
Maybe I should just stick with the serious characters on PC, and the side characters on PS3.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:08 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

I completed the Civil War questline with Roderic Draconis on the Empire side.

I shouted Ulfric to death for his execution, then I piled up his axe, and it was called the Steel Wat Axe of Cowardice.... Oh how true ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:58 am 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: Daggerfall [in progress], Morrowind [must buy!], Oblivion [must replay], Skyrim [in progress]
Platform: PC, XBox 360, PS3
Other Profiles: DEMON LEMON (PC, XBox), DAEMON_LEMON(PS3)
I'm a lowly Wood Elf lvl 18 and tried to take on Red Eagle @ Master setting ("WTF! are you Faen!" said Prideful Hand of Loki, as she was struck down by upteenth arrows of Red's raised skeletons! Maybe the thread should state 'how I died in Skyrim today'... for me. ;) As a quick side question, can I ask in passing how do I add that elderstats banner on the bottom of my posts? Or where ist the thread for it... I can't seem to find it in the searches?

Off to die again, and I have no intention of lowering the Master setting. In fact, I want to know when's a good time to bump it up to Legendary... but I'm going to look for the proper thread... Happy Hunting!

Hidden:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:16 am 
Master
Master

ES Games: Morrowind , Oblivion , Skyrim
tatortodd22 wrote:
Just reached Save 1337.

is it a bad thing that i have probably played Skyrim less than you guys, and i'm on save 18700 ? :oops:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:19 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, all DLC, Oblivion, GoTY and aniversary, arena
Platform: X360/PC, X360/PC, PC.
UESPoints: 2
That just means you are using the Arena approach to saving.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:49 am 
Master
Master

ES Games: Morrowind , Oblivion , Skyrim
Yes, i save before every door, whether into a new area or just a new hallway, and before every conversation, it's just safer that way. as it's a buggy game... :S

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:17 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Tell me about it. I made a mistake of putting some trust in the autosaves (6 months of playing, only on save 118) and now my main character is broken. :(

I'm making a new one and I'm going to save like crazy, Arena-style.

Rule #137: Always waste time when you don't have any.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:40 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

...18700 saves? Good grief.

I made it up to around save 2500-3500, then I had to reinstall, bringing me back down to 0. Now I'm back up to the 500-600 range.
That's for 1960-something hours of playing.
My PS3 is on save... Four, I think?

Anyway, I went through Bleak Falls on the PS3 this morning. The delay between switching weapons is irritating me (takes 5 seconds for the console/game to register the fact I changed weapons, while on PC it is nearly instant).

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:46 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, Morrowind
UESPoints: 7
"AUTO-SAVE MUST DIE!"

Ahem, topic: Felina and Serana wandered around the salt marshes killing pirates and just being goofy. They took Meeko along for the ride...I have no idea where they must be now since I drank a few beers last night and remember bits and pieces of this pirate ship and that draugr crypt. I also remember her filling a few black soul gems...so yeah. Collecting alchemy ingredients, bouncing on her bed, giving Onmund hugs, showering her son (not so much daughter she doesn't like her very much) with gifts, nearly freezing to death somewhere...that was annoying. I have a feeling next time I load Felina's game I'm going to go: "WTF how did she end up here?"

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:05 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Other Profiles: Xbox: SargentLipton35
philfredobob wrote:
tatortodd22 wrote:
Just reached Save 1337.

is it a bad thing that i have probably played Skyrim less than you guys, and i'm on save 18700 ? :oops:

I don't blame you. In Fallout New Vegas, I saved pretty much once a minute. I probably have more than 5000, but I have deleted all my save before that has reset it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:44 pm 
Champion
Champion

So today my game decided to behave and the previously mentioned broken save suddenly started working again. :D Of course, the first thing I did was create about a dozen new saves for Myrle, just in case it crashes on me again. So far, so good though!

I did a bit of work for the College (decided to work on Myrle's magic skills, so it made sense to stick around), I really enjoyed the dwarven ruin you visit while hunting for the Staff of Magnus. Not that it was very different from other dwarven ruins, I just had fun. :) After I got what I came for, I stabbed the Synod mage in the back (what idiot boldly informs an obviously dangerous College mage armed with a dragon-slaying Akaviri blade and a daedric dagger that they intend to cause a lot of trouble for her and her organization?) and tried to dismantle the machinery, but couldn't. Oh well, it's rather unlikely that anyone will manage to get there and understand the information, so I just left.

After that I did some random running around - I handed in my DB quests, learned to summon Lucien's ghost (I love him, especially when he suggests looking for random strangers to murder, because practice makes perfect, though he could speak a bit less often) and was sent north, to kill the Commander's son. I'm going to head there soon, but first (though not necessarily in that order) I went to fish a certain daedric artifact out of a sunken fort, killed two spectral guardian animals and raided a giant camp for some mammoth tusk powder, and now I'm in Whiterun, about to try to convince the Jarl to allow me to use his back yard to pick a fight with a dragon. I've brought some Potions of Glibness and a nice, shiny Speechcraft amulet, but unless the man got dropped on the head in his childhood or I manage to slip some moon sugar in his wine before our chat, I don't really see him agreeing. I sure as hell wouldn't. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:01 am 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrobloodtribunal, Oblivering Knights, Skydawnfireborn
Haven't played much Skyrim lately due to a problem which caused me to CTD whenever I went within a certain radius of Winterhold. After worrying my hair out which mod broke my game this time I managed to fix it today by the "wait 31 days + pcb" method, and everything seems to be fine so far. To be sure, no sooner had I set foot within the town than Deadly Dragons threw a welcome back party and invited a Nether Dragon (one of those buggers which turn invisible unless attacking or taking damage; luckily my followers all seem to come with an infrared dragon sensor, so I just had to watch where they were aiming); put some arrows into it with Auriel's Bow, then switched to shield + scimitar and got that epic kill-cam where you climb on the dragon's head etc. Nice way of getting back into playing, I must say.

Jeder sollte einmal reisen in das schöne Vvardenfell!

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:10 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

If you're Nether Dragons become visible while taking damage, then you're lucky. Mine (as well as the Spectral Dragons) are invisible 99% of the time. They're usually also invisible while attacking, too, because they're nice like that. I really hate them.

Anyway, my PS3 Bosmer went to Whiterun, met the Jarl, and then killed a Dragon.

Meanwhile, PC Vulom finished her business in the Forgotten Vale and then went to Castle Volkihar... To do some business there.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:32 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
I brought out Murdag, my Erandur-marrying, Kynareth/Julianos-reverent Breton, out for some Shalidor quests for Urag, then switched to joining the Imperial Legion. A vampire and two thralls spawned in Solitude and I defeated them, but not before Vivienne Onis died. Damn. I told Angeline Morrard that her daughter was dead and now her niece is too. This is definitely going to make Murdag join the Dawnguard soon.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:13 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Fram is reunited with his Lioness and Serana learns that some harbours are colder than others:

22nd of Sun's Dawn, 4E 202 - Serana's Diary
23rd of Sun's Dawn, 4E 202 - Fram's Journal
24th of Sun's Dawn, 4E 202 - Serana's Diary
24th of Sun's Dawn, 4E 202 - Fram's Journal
25th of Sun's Dawn, 4E 202 - Serana's Diary

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:03 pm 
Champion
Champion

Four interesting things today - first I went through a ruin where I found huge Canis Roots and harvested them, hoping to get at least a couple samples from each. Unfortunately "that still only counts as one!", as my inner dwarf said, so I can't go and paralyze half of Skyrim just yet. ;)

Another thing was being attacked by hired thugs (only two though, one must have got eaten along the way), who were apparently hired by a corpse. Yes, I took some stuff from Septimus' Outpost, but I did that after he was dead. Did he have a will hidden away somewhere that said "if any of my possessions are missing, hunt down Myrle Arano, it must have been her"? Weird.

Then I took a cart to Solitude, did some shopping and headed towards Dragonbridge, to rob the Penitus Oculatus Outpost. Ran into a Thalmor patrol on the way (again), so I murdered the lot of them (again) and threw the bodies off the cliff, right next to the Stormcloak camp (again). Seriously, if I were Thalmor, I'd stop using that road altogether, they've lost three patrols there already. And the Stormcloaks can throw themselves one hell of a party if they find all that elven gear hidden in the bushes (and they should, unless dead Altmer don't stink). :Twisted Evil:

I finally stole Gaius' schedule, but I put it back as soon as I copied it down (came prepared, with some parchment, a quill and an inkwell), because I figured it might cause some alarm if the document went missing.

Then I started stalking Gaius Maro and I missed him twice, which had me a bit confused, because he just wasn't where he was supposed to be, according to the schedule. Then I realized what was happening - the days of the week were changing at noon, not at midnight! I've never seen it mentioned anywhere in the Wiki, so now I don't know if my Skyrim has a weird glitch, or this is supposed to be like this? But then Gaius' schedule wouldn't make any sense, since most days have two locations listed, and the evening one comes second...

Anyway, once I figured out what the problem was, I managed to catch up to him in Whiterun and now I'm chatting with people at the Bannered Mare and keeping an eye on him. So far he's changed seats about half a dozen times, but I hope he gets tired of the chair-hopping soon and goes to sleep. I've sharpened my knives, just for him. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:36 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Skyrim, Oblivion
Platform: Xbox 360
The Dawnguard sent me to go rescue Camilla Valerius from vampires. When I found her...

Camilla: "My love! I knew you'd come for me!"
My character: "Aw, I'm flattered. But also, married. To someone else. And I've spoken to you, like, three times ever. Which reminds me– Why in Oblivion would you expect me to come?"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:13 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

My PS3 character ran from Whiterun to Windhelm, hunting and gathering ingredients along the way. Spent a while in the city working on crafting and selling whatever she made. After speaking to the Alchemist, she found herself on a quest to get herself the White Phial. On her way to the Barrow (which she cleared out on her way to Windhelm), she was assaulted by an Ice Wolf, a Snowy Saber Cat, and a Dragon... Which nearly led to her death. She fought bravely, though, and took down all of her opponents; the Dragon killed in the most spectacular fashion via sword in head. She then went through Forsaken Cave again, fetched the cracked White Phial, then on her way back to Windhelm... Saw a Giant. She figured, "What the hell?" and went after it, resulting in her death when she got stuck on a rock. But she tried again and brought the Giant down... Narrowly.

After that, she returned the Phial, got paid for it, then decided to head off towards Bonestrewn Crest. She fought another Giant at Steamcrag Camp as well as the Dragon that guarded the Word Wall. The Bosmer was victorious against both. I think she returned to Whiterun after that and bought Breezehome so she'd have somewhere to store her stuff so she isn't almost over encumbered all the time.

On PC, I started a new Bosmer character based on the one I have on PS3. I believe PS3 Bosmer is known as Arandis... Or something similar. The text is too squished to read.
The PC Bosmer is named Aranis and her appearance is loosely based upon the one on PS3. I only say loosely because I can't actually see what PS3 Bosmer looks like. I was just going by memory.

Anyway, PC Bosmer ran around Skyrim, hunting, gathering ingredients, and generally getting herself into trouble with the local Bandit population.
She also got killed, though it was by Krosis at Shearpoint instead of a Giant. Damn that Priest. Fighting him at level 14 with no elemental resistances is never a good idea.

Other than that, I tried to finish the main Dawnguard questline with Vulom III. Keyword: tried. It didn't work. The C++ errors made a return and I just gave up. I've had enough of dealing with them. So I deleted Vulom III's last save.
Now Vulom IV shall rise... Blah blah blah. You know the drill.

Vulom IV helped the Companions deal with a certain Giant problem. That's all she's done so far.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:06 am 
The New Number Two
The New Number Two

ES Games: Mw, Ob, Sk
Rook, my Nord archaeologist (he's going to be a dwemer expert) has reached the top of the throat of the world by climbing up the mountain (instead of the usual way, ie meet greybeards, learn how to shout, and use the path..) I found High Hrothgar by mistake and then just started climbing up the mountain to the right of the entrance, took me about 10-15 minutes

Paarthunax was not at home but i have the notched pickaxe and the minerals from the top. I havent even started any dragonborn mq missions yet

he has more or less finished constructing the Lakeside house near Falkreath, just done Unfathomable depths and is about to look into the Aetherium wars story. So it's all go at the moment

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:29 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrobloodtribunal, Oblivering Knights, Skydawnfireborn
Comes-Up-Last completed Azura's quest...
Spoiler:
...in Azura's favour. Not that he cares much for the Queen of the Night Sky, but having been to the Soul-Cairn he just can't send people there knowingly any more (he still blames himself for that stray bolt which soultrapped Benor many pages ago); deep down in his heart he's a decent lizard, robbery theft & murder notwithstanding. (Sylvaine Emrys, on the other hand, did the same thing for the opposite reasons - she has little to no qualms about soultrapping people, but crossing a Daedric Prince is pretty much out of the question; IIRC the only time she's done so was when she spared Sinding's life in exchange for Hircine's Ring him giving her Sanies Lupinus, and Hircine didn't seem to mind.)
Also, while my other characters usually had to struggle rather hard to survive long enough inside the Star Comes-Up cut through Malyn Varen and his Dremoras without having to heal a single time; Histskin is a wondrous thing.

That done, Comes-Up and his friends made their way south from Windhelm to Riften, retrieving an ancient Dawnguard toy :wink: on the way. While Anum-La and Larkspur took an evening off and got drunk at the Bee and Barb, Comes-Up-Last (should I abbreviate him CUL, or would that be too, um, anile?) was reunited with his wife Shahvee who had some happy news for him - she's pregnant! Now CUL has lately had some doubts whether getting married was such a good idea, but at the prospect of a little hatchling of his own these thoughts melted like snow in the sunshine, and he immediately made preparations for moving Shahvee and her unlaid egg to Whiterun, hoping they'll be safer from vampiric attacks there.

Then he and Serana set out for Dayspring Canyon in order to discuss further strategy with Isran but ran right into an assaulting Blackwing dragon just outside Riften; by the time the worm had been slain the night had fallen, and although Serana would have preferred to move on while the sun was down CUL deemed it safer to return to Honeyside for the night and postpone the trip till morning.

Jeder sollte einmal reisen in das schöne Vvardenfell!

ImageImage

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 126  Next