UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2024 4:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 126  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 'What You Did in Skyrim Today' Thread
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:41 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 0
Thanks, I like her a lot. :)

Rule #137: Always waste time when you don't have any.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:07 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Skyrim, Oblivion
Platform: Xbox 360
Aw, how sad.

I can never quite bear to let those things stand, I always end up reloading.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:09 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
Other Profiles: Xbox: SargentLipton35
I messed around and made some Ebony armor. That was about it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:15 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, Morrowind
UESPoints: 7
Sylmirie and Onmund adventured in the Rift. They cleared out Redwater Den aka "its always so fun killing vampires, those revolting and pathetic creatures". She blew them all up to pieces, the girl still gots it. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:51 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games: Battlespire, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO, Legends
UESPoints: 7
Ganvar and Uthgerd discovered and cleared out Halted Stream camp.

Twitch channel: Offline

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:30 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim Legendary, ESO, Legends
Platform: PC, PS3
Other Profiles: Steam: Captain Mauin, ESO: @Mauin and @Merorzen, Legends: Mauin
UESPoints: 1
Pathetic and revolting creatures, huh? Vulom would have something to say about that.

I went and completed the Civil War (again) with Vulom, then traveled across Skyrim and became thane in all previous Stormcloak holds.
After that... Some Dragon hunting. I was collecting more Souls to prepare for Dawnguard and Dragonborn... And the Main Quest, which is coming up after Dawnguard. Which starts tomorrow.

Other than that, I deleted that female Nord I created yesterday (no surprise there) and instead started a male Nord by the name of... I forgot. He's in the Photographer's Guild thread for those that are interested. I might actually keep him because I'm quite satisfied with his appearance. I'd just have to come up with a decent story to keep myself playing. Then again, that doesn't always work.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:25 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrobloodtribunal, Oblivering Knights, Skydawnfireborn
UESPoints: 2
Continuing Dawnguard with Comes-Up-Last, Argonian ex-bandit turned thief turned assassin turned vampire-hunter (or more properly a little bit of all that rolled into one). Spoilers ahead.
Spoiler:
Made our way through Darkfall Cave & Passage and the Forgotten Vale up to the threshold of the Inner Sanctum in the last few days. I must say, the devs did a great job in these parts - from the encounter with Gelebor through the gloom of the Falmer-infested passage, punctuated by those weird fluorescent flowers, to the surprise when you meet the first Vale animals and then exit into the Vale itself, the fight with the twin dragons on the frozen lake, then traversing that long canyon populated by Falmer with its swaying bridges - pure sense of wonder. I've recently taken to playing with the music turned off, so all I heard while sneaking up to the next witless Falmer was the wuthering wind and the creaking of the walkways under my feet; highly immersive.

Jeder sollte einmal reisen in das schöne Vvardenfell!

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:30 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hralden Fire-Tongue cleared out a few dungeons.

Then I reloaded Vulom and started Dawnguard again. Went through Dimhollow Crypt, then became a Vampire Lord.
What did I do next? Spent about an hour and a half (or more) flying across Skyrim (from Castle Volkihar to Redwater Den) in one massive rampage, attempting to unlock all the perks for the Vampire Lord.
Mission successful.

Of course, I had that old bug where all the Guards were still best buddies with Vulom even though she was in Vampire Lord form and clearly trying to kill them all. Funniest thing I saw was with the Whiterun Guards. Killed one and his buddy, who was standing right beside the other Guard and had a pretty good view of who was responsible, said "I'm going to find whoever did this." I'm right here. Right here. What's so hard to miss about this undead menace? Or is she too lovable (Hah!) to be accused of such a heinous thing?

And, of course, right outside of Redwater Den... I got that "dead man walking" bug. Killed one of the Thralls outside, then turned around and killed the other...
Turned back around to see the other had stood back up and was now walking in place. Only slightly creepy.

Old save = glitchy save. But entertainingly so.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:05 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Went into another cave I've already been in, cleared some bandits for a Dawnguard radiant quest, not too exciting. They gotta stop pointing me to caves/forts/whatever I've already been in!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:38 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Skyrim: DG, HF, DB
Daira finished exploring/clearing Shroud Hearth Barrow with Lydia, enjoying a nice shooting gallery at the end as the skeletons and draugr popped out one or two at a time. After a night at the inn, the two made the trek to High Hrothgar. At one point, there was a dragon flyover, and farther along they made a fire to warm up before finishing the climb.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:45 pm 
Master
Master

ES Games: Oblivion
Platform: X-box 360(post), PC
found a dead guy in falkreath. No idea what happened to him. First unintentional NPC death in my game.
Built my house.

Spoiler:
Made you look

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:09 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
I leveled up both my female Breton spellsword and my male Argonian two-handed warrior, taking the former through Diplomatic Immunity and the latter through Proving Honor. Listened to Farkas complain about how he doesn't like magic, or the College, and how Ysgramor didn't kill all the elves...ugh, I need to go back to the Breton and her mage followers. Oh, and I got my Dremora Kynval to step into a bear trap and he screamed "RAAGH!", pretty funny.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:39 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

After High Hrothgar, Daira checked back into the local barrow for the Whirlwind-Sprint-required loot. She decided to just continue to Riften for selling -- and warming up, as she swam from Heartwood Mill onward. Then it was off to Fort Dawnguard (my first time there :mrgreen: ).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:37 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Vulom did some more Dawnguard. Made her way through Redwater Den, found a Moth Priest for the Vampires, and then suddenly found herself on a journey through the Soul Cairn.
And that's where things kinda fell apart again. I was about to go and destroy that last Keeper when... Bam. Microsoft Visual Error. Had to restart my PC to get out of that one.

I'm not sure what caused it, but just in case... I finished my business in the Soul Cairn as soon as possible (I was lucky enough to have an autosave from about a minute before that happened), then saved right before heading off to the Ancestor Glade.

After that, I went straight to character creation to bring Vulom #4 to life. Got her eyebrows wrong at first, but I fixed that after spending a while staring at the brows #3 had. Once that was fixed, I did the usual stuff in Riverwood, then ran around and visited all the Word Walls collecting the Black Sacrament and Lustmord Armor spell tomes. Set up Kagrenac's Instant Fortress and got everything else to where she normally is.

Now Vulom #4 is ready to begin. Probably with the dungeon diving.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:58 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Been doing some Brotherhood quests. Also, I jumped off of High Hrothgar.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:03 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO
Platform: PC, PS4/3, Xbone
My 'bad guy' character visited the kid who wants to contact the Dark Brotherhood and joined up with the Stormcloaks. She'll be heading down towards Riften next.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:18 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Skyrim, Oblivion
Platform: Xbox 360, PS3, PC
Other Profiles: Drone414
I attacked a Mammoth and got stampeded/crushed by giants and other mammoths.... Not my best idea, but it was pretty fun nonetheless. Was able to kill one giant before I was wrecked by about two others and three mammoths.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:08 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, all DLC, Oblivion, GoTY and aniversary, arena
Platform: X360/PC, X360/PC, PC.
UESPoints: 2
The trick is to get them alone to take them down, rather than trying to fight/dodge/run from all of them at once.

At low levels a single hit from a giant will one shot you regardless of difficulty level, so take them down first as they have less health than the mammoths. They also have better loot than mammoths...

The main reason to go mammoth hunting is the fact they are the easiest way of filling Grand Soul Gems.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:09 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Daira's trip to Dimhollow Crypt was more of a saga: spent a night in Morthal, attacked by bandits on the road east, sidetracked by Frostmere Crypt, regrouped back in Whiterun, set off again to find Death Hounds attacking the stables, and then wound up fighting a Blood Dragon. A few Lord Stone bandits and an Ice Wraith later, she finally made it. The vampires were a whole other struggle (i.e. required multiple attempts :( ). Add in Daira's existing hatred of vampires, and the only thing in Serana's favor is that she isn't hostile.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:49 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I removed a couple of mods because they were causing some problems (thank the Nine for SKSE's clearinvalidregistrations function) or I just didn't use them, then made sure my saves were clean(ish).

I then got down to business and went through Darkfall Cave with Vulom III. Didn't crash, so I guess that's a good thing. I have the fourth on standby in the event the third falls.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:30 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO
Platform: PC, PS4/3, Xbone
I put another session in with my main character - he headed back to the college of winterhold to turn in a few quests when a dragon attacked. With the help of Faendal and the Jarl, the dragon was defeated, but didn't grant any dragon souls, and my MC could walk right through it.

So I spent most of the rest of the evening searching for mod conflicts and test-killing the dragon over and over again until I finally got its soul.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:29 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Oblivion, Morrowind, Skyrim
Platform: PC, Xbox 360
I decided to finally get rid of all the quest items in my inventory...

"Hello Hebrews and Shebrews, what a wonderful Jewish day it is today!"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:02 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I have so many little quest items in mine. It is very annoying.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:35 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
My main character, Myrle Arano, spent a few days relaxing at home, and then I traveled west from Riften, completing several quest. First I delivered some ingredients to an Orc stronghold and fulfilled Malacath's wishes. One more Daedric Prince who's happy with me. Then I told Froki that I have killed the guardian spirits he told me about, and he sent me after several more. And then an Ancient Dragon jumped me. ;) I think I've reached that point you guys have been talking about, where your almost indestructible character suddenly gets fried by the first flying lizard they meet. ;) Took me a long while and I needed the help of Dremora Bob, but I managed to bring the [&@%!] down. Since I had the Elder Scroll in my pack and that didn't seem like something I should be carrying around for long I headed to Ivarstead (where I handed an angry mill owner some bear skins I've gathered on my way), and up the mountain. That was one epic battle, and once again my bound bow was stronger than the enemy. Though I might have accidentally shot Paarthunax full of poison at one point... ;)

And then the bizarre part of the day started. First I was attacked by a goat. Yes, one of those Throat of the World goats became an angry red dot and tried to attack me, which was rather interesting since they are not capable of doing any damage. I shouted it off the mountain and kept walking. Then, just east of Ivarstead, I met a Necromancer, who was apparently resurrecting chickens. And the chickens attacked me too (for the result, see the goat incident above). And finally, after a visit to the Sarethi Farm and delivering some samples to the owner, the music came on that I have never before heard in Skyrim! Sounds like something closer to Oblivion music (like "Wind Guide You" from the Skyrim soundtrack?) but I've never heard it in-game. Is that normal? Does the soundtrack change when you get closer to the end of the main questline? Or am I just hearing things?

Anyway, I'm on my way to the Helgen Pass now, I'm going to finish up some DB quests, look for the Azura's Star and reforge a certain long lost amulet. And I think I'm going to work on my One-handed skill a bit, because running around with Dragonbane and Mehrunes' Razor is fun! :)

Oh, and during the fight with Alduin I got to lev50 for the first time ever! Yay!

Rule #137: Always waste time when you don't have any.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:33 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I went to create a new character earlier to test a mod and...
I'm not sure if I was awake or not.

The character was a Nord and I was going through Helgen with Ralof. When you get to the door leading into the chamber with the potions in it, I was running at the door expecting it to open on its own.

Figured out that I, y'know, need to open it like I've been doing for the past 1965 hours, then ran off to the torture chamber where I proceeded to forget what side I was on. Killed both Stormcloaks before going "Wait..." and killing the Imperials like I should have.

I got out of the rest of Helgen as fast as I could, then basically ran off, tested the mod, and deleted all traces of that particular character (and the mod).

Brain not functioning.
I haven't touched Skyrim since that... Disaster. Probably won't play again until tomorrow.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 126  Next