UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2024 4:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 126  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 'What You Did in Skyrim Today' Thread
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:50 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, all DLC, Oblivion, GoTY and aniversary, arena
Platform: X360/PC, X360/PC, PC.
UESPoints: 2
Just watch out for the dragon and giant that are down there.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:06 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games: oblivion, skyrim
Platform: xbox 360/one
UESPoints: 14
Quote:

Anyway, today I saw Blackreach for the first time (yes, I still haven't completed the main quest with any of my characters) and it completely blew my mind. I was just standing there for a couple of minutes, staring at the freaky shrooms and grinning like an idiot. Then I spent over an hour exploring the place and I'm still not finished. I love this game.

I just did that the other day too and thought the same but I couldnt appreciate it cos those flippin Falmor kept popping out. I found them pretty tough, its the first time ive actually sneaked round a whole area to avoid the nasties. I got to the dwarven machine, but think i'll save going back for a proper look around til ive got a bit more fire power going. (Its also so dark down there - good for sneaking- but most of the time I couldnt even see what was attacking.)

Thanks CBR - I'll definitely wait to go back now I know that!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:17 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 0
I'm at level 47, so the nasties in Blackreach are not a problem, especially when I can use Aura Whisper. Haven't seen the dragon or the giant yet, but I think I'm ready for them. ;)

Rule #137: Always waste time when you don't have any.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:44 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Yesterday: tried and failed to recruit Erandur or Lydia because of the "Looks like you've got someone already" "??No I don't???//???? :| " problem. I went maddening hairtearing monkeytown buttmarbles trying to fix it, but I finally did, and then Erandur and I cleaned out Wolfskull Cave - always a favorite quest of mine! Also worked on my Enchanting skill for a while, making a lot of weapons with the expensive Absorb Health enchantment, keeping the best two daggers or swords (this character dual wields) and selling off the excess.

Also, the limits of follower commands: I told Erandur to activate his own shrine of Mara in Nightcaller Temple and he told me he could not do it. Haha.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 11:02 pm 
Novice
Novice

Platform: Xbox 360, Xbox One
I have tried so many times to break out of prison(I have gotten out of the cell before but not out of the jail) but this time actually did! I took a horse from one of the stables and went off. Sadly I lost my stuff but I had a mammoth kill some bandits so I took there things.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 12:50 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
Other Profiles: Xbox: SargentLipton35
I am pretty successful when breaking out.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 4:51 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim Legendary, ESO, Legends
Platform: PC, PS3
Other Profiles: Steam: Captain Mauin, ESO: @Mauin and @Merorzen, Legends: Mauin
UESPoints: 1
I've only ever gone to prison once... And I didn't stay. Managed to get out, steal my gear back, then get the hell out of there. Hooray for finishing all the Thieves Guild quests.

Anyway, I was bored this morning and felt like messing around with magic so I created myself a new Khajiit (Vampire) mage. Her name is Tsa'Khuriz... Otherwise known as Midnight. Even though she's a Vampire, her fur has remained the purest black (thanks to RaceMenu). Hence the name.

With Midnight, I just started the Main Quest and then went and killed the Dragon at each Word Wall.

Got bored after a while and loaded up Vulom to start the Civil War.
She's about to retake the Rift. I think she was enjoying herself a little too much during the battles at Whiterun and Fort Dunstad.
The game was constantly playing various melee stabbing kill cams. I couldn't help but think Vulom was on a roll during all of that.

Of course, SHR made her tired after three (she's a tough old Vampire and doesn't have as great a need for rest as others) large battles, so she rested in Solitude. That's where she is now.
She'll head off to the Rift tomorrow.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 12:43 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Skyrim: DG, HF, DB
I got Broken Fang Cave for the Trouble in Skyrim quest. And I decided to go out at night to use one of the Lunar weapons, with the second-darkest setting for Climates of Tamriel, playing a character who hates the undead. It was effectively scary. Being jumped by a sabre cat along the way didn't help. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 1:19 am 
Champion
Champion

Got the same quest yesterday. I went there with Lydia and she derped out completely when we arrived. There we are, standing outside a vampire lair, bloody bones on the ground, and she says cheerfully "Look, a cave entrance! I wonder what's inside!". Yay!

I went on with the Companions questline, and exchanged Lydia for Uthgerd - I'm giving her a chance to work with the Companions after all, and she's much less annoying. And I'm a werewolf for the first time, and it's so much fun! :)

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 1:54 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim Legendary
My new character Haema Whetted-Blade escaped from Helgen, before seeing her brother Torolf crackle and burn from the breath of the World-Eater. She escaped with a Stormcloak hero named Ralof, and made the journey back home to her father, Froki Whetted-Blade. Haming, Torolf's son, and Froki's grandson, was led to their home by one of the survivors of the Helgen attack.

She tried to explain to Froki what happened to their Torolf... but he is old, and his heart denied it. Haema spent a few days hunting, gathering food for her father and her nephew who she'd never met until after her brother died..he looks just like him. During her entire childhood, she felt like she was second behind Torolf to their father... and now Torolf was gone. She chopped wood to clear her mind, and looked out over Skyrim from the shrine of Talos to think.

One night, she lay on the floor of their cabin, the one bed being shared by her father and nephew, reading a tale of one of Kynareth's blessed archers. She needed the guidance of Shor's Widow. She went up to her father, shook him and said "Torolf is dead. I need this. Give me the rites for Kyne's Trials. I need her guidance and blessing now more than ever, and by the nine, I'm going to earn it!" Her father Froki looked sadly into her face, speechless. Haema, in her frustration, turned from her father. She may have just pushed him too far. She turned back around, and her father was praying over her. Haema closed her eyes, and reverently received her father's rite.

"You will need to go to these three locations. With the rite I've given you, you will be able to see Kyne's guardians. And you will need to kill them all to earn her favor.. Your brother performed these tasks, and I know you can too. Listen... I don't want you to think that I never believed in you. I just... I couldn't send you into danger, as your father. I'm sorry." Haema's eyes water with her father's sentiment. She holds his head, kisses him on the forehead, and whispers "I'll be back before you miss me."

"Too late for that," Froki says, as Haema slings her bow over her shoulder, "I miss you already." Haema winks at her father, pulls her cowl over her head, and runs out into the dark forest.

"Sky guide you, child.."

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 2:19 am 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360
Me? I had a nice date with Cicero. :heart:

No, really. He's my follower, and I took him out to the very tippy-top of the Throat of the World. It's rather chilly up there, so I cast flame cloak on us both and shouted "Clear Sky". Then we snacked on Honningbrew Mead and sweetrolls.

Of course, he wouldn't shut up about how he wanted to go kill someone, so we didn't stay there long. :roll:

We finished the night with a romantic murder of some random couple in Falkreath that we deemed too gloomy to live. :Twisted Evil:

One of the weirdest things I've done in Skyrim for a while, but then again, I was trying everything I could to get Cicero to pay attention to my Amulet of Mara. Why isn't he marriageable?! It'd be sooo amusing! :D

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 3:51 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

dzio wrote:
I went there with Lydia and she derped out completely when we arrived. There we are, standing outside a vampire lair, bloody bones on the ground, and she says cheerfully "Look, a cave entrance! I wonder what's inside!". Yay!

I got that line too. :lol: It earned her a good stare, but she redeemed herself when we got inside.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 9:08 pm 
Novice
Novice

Platform: Xbox 360, Xbox One
On my way to kill bandits thugs came to me. So I was up against about five bandits and three or four thugs but I did it!

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:45 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Haema Cold-blood finally completed the Trials of Kyne that her father guided her through. On her way to Kyne's sabre cat guardian, she stopped in a mining town called Darkwater Crossing. Outside of the town, she found a stray dog, so she started questioning the people of Darkwater Crossing to found the dog's owner. She started asking a middle-aged woman named Annekke about the dog, and they started talking about Haema's adventures. Annekke started reminiscing of her own adventures, and started sharing her stories with Haema. Annekke offered to travel with Haema and share her experience with Haema.

Annekke helped Haema with her trials, which after days of travel (both in and out of game), they completed together. They celebrated together, and Haema invited her to her home for a meal with her father and nephew, in respect for her mentor. Haema's father Froki gave Haema Kyne's blessing, symbolized by an old wooden amulet.

After much celebration, Annekke told Haema of an old friend of her's named Angi. She bragged that she was the best marksman in Skyrim, and that Haema should continue her training there. Haema and Annekke traveled the long way to Angi's Camp in the mountains south of Falkreath, where she impressed her greatly with her speed and accuracy. Both Angi and Annekke were very impressed with Haema's abilities. Over some mead between the three, Annekke told Haema that she wanted to introduce Haema to her family. She's met Annekke's husband Verner, but not her daughter in Shor's Stone.

After staying in Falkreath for a bit, they are going to go to Shor's Stone. There is no fast traveling on this character, so all of these adventures are very time-consuming and very satisfying for me and my character. I'm getting pretty invested in her :)

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:43 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrobloodtribunal, Oblivering Knights, Skydawnfireborn
UESPoints: 2
Made another new character, a Khajiit named Yi'Driss. Alternate-started him as a guard with Ri'saad's caravan, and if I keep him at all, guarding them will remain his prime objective, meaning he'll only do such quests as can be picked up and done while the party camps near a city... provided he ever gets out of the Reach alive. (Yay Forsworn! ... er... sorry, wrong character.)

Otherwise I'm continuing the Dark Brotherhood and Dawnguard questlines with my Argonian, who has lately developped a strange obsession with cutting wood (see the photo thread). Luckily (or unluckily), Skyrim converts all clothes and armour into such as befit the player's gender, so Shahvee can go on thinking he's "so butch"...

Jeder sollte einmal reisen in das schöne Vvardenfell!

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 9:47 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I finished Dragonborn and got several Black Book bonuses, so spoilers:
Spoiler:
- I was pleased with the finishing move in Neloth's Ildari quest.
- I like how the Dunmer of Solstheim say things like "Mephala cloak you" and "I'll send your soul as a gift to Boethiah!" It's a nice change from when I kept seeing so many Dunmer Vigilants of Stendarr.
- I let Ralis live. I like to collect followers.
- Bardic Knowledge is the silliest looking thing and I laughed and laughed. I loved it, but I picked the Dremora Merchant instead.

Besides that, I outfitted J'zargo with a nice new set of heavy chitin armor. Glover didn't have the gauntlets at the time but I found a pair later, so now I have to go gift them to him. Also picked up a Dunmer outfit for Brelyna.
Spoiler:
(it was Mirri Severin's)
I just wish all my MaleYoungEager followers like Onmund and Agmaer didn't have Talvas' recruitment line now...

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 10:28 am 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: Daggerfall [in progress], Morrowind [must buy!], Oblivion [must replay], Skyrim [in progress]
Platform: PC, XBox 360, PS3
Other Profiles: DEMON LEMON (PC, XBox), DAEMON_LEMON(PS3)
The same thing I do everyday...

I wander around in a virtual world instead of completing Real-World tasks that should have been completed last week... ;)

Thus, I named my character 'Wanders Many Paths' which seems quite sufficient.

Hidden:

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 10:41 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Arena, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC, XBOX 360
I accidentally confessed my love towards my Dremora Lord, Hostias, in half-panic. Hopefully this doesn't ruin things for us XD

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 1:16 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games: oblivion, skyrim
Platform: xbox 360/one
UESPoints: 14
Made a questionable moral decision to kill the priest of Boethiah on the bequest of the Dark Lord of Damnation, Malog Bal. Was the first ever kill of a non hostile character for Aarah, even if he was an evil worshipper. My guilt still lingers but is cushioned somewhat by the super cool enchanted Mace of Malog Bal I received in reward. Im hoping he hasnt now got me in his pocket :S

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 5:10 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games: Battlespire, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO, Legends
UESPoints: 7
Ganvar and Uthgerd continued their hunting trip that I last left off in March, but rather than hunting a lot, they ended up fighting a crap-ton of wolves. I've never seen such a high concentration of wolves in one general area before. Started to get annoying, actually.

Twitch channel: Offline

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 3:43 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO
Platform: PC, PS4/3, Xbone
My Dunmer finally got those three books back for the Mages' guild - trying to keep Orthorn alive was the most difficult part. Next plan is to take care of another few mages' guild errands before he heads back.

Also started on a Female Nord as my 'bad guy' character. She started off to Riverwood and paused to ransack a bandit-infested mine for smithing supplies.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:34 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim Legendary, ESO, Legends
Platform: PC, PS3
Other Profiles: Steam: Captain Mauin, ESO: @Mauin and @Merorzen, Legends: Mauin
UESPoints: 1
I did some modding. Decided to try out a new hair texture, then went ahead and replaced the ugly Apachii Hair textures. Now everything matches more than it did before.

Other than that, I finally found a UNP version of the Tsun armor. So I created a new character (named Mjolni Fire-Heart) to test it. I noticed the armor used the Steel Armor texture for the chest piece, so I swapped its texture with the aMidianBorn one. Now the armor comes with an aMidianBorn top and bottom. It works pretty well, especially when combined with the aMidianBorn Steel Greatsword.

I was going to continue doing the Civil War with Vulom, but I didn't feel like it.
Other than that... I deleted poor Felzii Raan. I'm just not interested in her. Perhaps one day I'll get around to her formerly planned roleplay, but not now.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 6:22 pm 
Champion
Champion

Skyndi Red-Shield and Uthgerd went to steal Sliver Hand's plans (and of course kill the [&@%!]), and it all went horribly, horribly wrong. Well, the plans got stolen and the [&@%!] got killed, but when I was mauling their leader in my beast form, Uthgerd stepped right in front of me and the power attack meant for the Silver Hand landed on her instead. She was a bit banged up from the fight, and the attack killed her, with the awful finishing move where I jumped on her and ripped her throat out... I didn't mean to! I felt horrible and then a courier made it worse when he handed me the letter of inheritance and I learned that Uthgerd put me in her will. "While all of the Jarl's court grieves with you on this day, we rejoice in the knowledge that the deceased was in possession of dear friends and wealth to communicate unto them." Knife to the heart. :(

I went to her house and put her sword in the chest, and some flowers on the table. And now I'm standing there and don't know what to do. I think Skyndi is going to get roaring drunk and then start looking for a way to cure her lycanthropy. The beast can't be controlled an the power is not worth it. And from now on she will be traveling alone, until she can be sure that she won't murder another friend.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 6:45 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

dzio, I think we're playing parallel universes or something. :o My character ended up killing Uthgerd, too, though with an arrow, and without the inheritance letter afterward. It was sad because Daira has lost comrades before, and she too got very drunk. Didn't think of the flowers, though, that's a nice touch.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 8:11 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

I applaud you, Dzio, and your very good roleplay.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 126  Next