UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2024 4:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 126  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 'What You Did in Skyrim Today' Thread
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 4:29 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrobloodtribunal, Oblivering Knights, Skydawnfireborn
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 2
Taking a break from Sylvaine and witchery (no pun intended) because I found myself yearning for some good old melee brawling; my new Imperial isn't going anywhere special atm, so I loaded Comes-Up-Last the Argonian, whom I'd left halfway through the Dark Brotherhood quest line some months ago. He's currently on the run from the law after doing away with a certain exalted personage in Solitude and thought it was a good idea to vanish from the face of the earth for a while, so he went to explore the ruins of Alftand (which he's got to do anyway for the Dawnguard quest line) and literally went underground together with his new follower, Amun-La the Swamp Knight (from the Interesting NPCs mod). That woman is a blast - great fighter (especially with Amazing Follower Tweaks) and hugely entertaining to be with as she has lots of unique dialogue. If I wasn't already married to Shahvee I'd marry her on the spot; as things are, I fear for my brave lizard's marital fidelity. Great roleplaying potential there.

In other news, I'm trying to ease the workload on my system and have removed/disabled some scripted and/or memory-intensive mods. Fare thee well, Moonpath and Expanded Ruins Winterhold - you were fun to play, but once is enough; and goodbye for now Realistic Needs & Diseases - rest assured I'll take good care to keep my characters healthy and well-fed without you.

Jeder sollte einmal reisen in das schöne Vvardenfell!

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 3:28 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, Morrowind
UESPoints: 7
I finally played Skyrim since...a while. Sylmirie the diva Archmage of Winterhold adventured with Onmund into some Forsworn camps, blasting her Thu'ums full of fire, fiercely displaying her dragon powers. After schooling a few witches and Briarhearts, they are spending a few nights in Markarth to do some quests out of there. Maybe they will check out some Dwarven ruins still open on her map. :)

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 3:42 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyim, Morrowind, Oblivion
Platform: Xbox 360
UESPoints: 0
I warmed my heart but after slaughtering a camp of legion soldiers including the wounded, which I regret, it was not cool of me to do that. But anyway, I felt better after adopting Sofie from the frigid streets of Windhelm with my Orc. Gave her a new dress, a steel dagger, a sweetroll and a doll. And forgot about those legion guys.

To denounce the evils of truth and love.
Until our post count reaches the stars above.

Spoiler:
Musicman247 wrote:
I don't suck, I blow.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 4:45 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim Legendary, ESO, Legends
Platform: PC, PS3
Other Profiles: Steam: Captain Mauin, ESO: @Mauin and @Merorzen, Legends: Mauin
UESPoints: 1
I was bored, so I created another new character. A Dunmer... Whose name I've forgotten. Apparently it wasn't important if I've forgotten.

Anyway, I basically set everything up, then started wandering across Skyrim and spending the nights in random locations.
I doubt I'll really be doing much with this character. Even today I just went dungeon diving and did some wandering... For five hours.

Meh. I just don't feel like playing one of my main characters.

Edit
Her name is Vara Rydilis. Eh... That moment where you have to look up your own characters name (via save files conveniently located in My Documents).
Overall, her appearance came out rather well. The name? Not so much.

Assuming I do keep this one, I'll do the College of Winterhold (marrying Onmund when everything is done), the Civil War, Dawnguard (Vampire Lord), the Main Quest, and Dragonborn. Not sure about the Daedric quests yet.
Won't be doing the Companions or Thieves Guild. Will be destroying the Dark Brotherhood instead of joining them.

So... Basically, a nice Vampire.
Huh. That might make for an interesting story or two.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:19 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
I did the first part of "The Book of Love" in Klimmek's favor this time. Then I go in the Vilemyr for dinner and he's trying to ask out Lynly Star-Sung! Come on, man! :S

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:48 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
It seems there is some sort of a curse following Myrle. I travelled to Dawnstar by cart to kill a wizard in a nearby Dwarven ruin, and of course as soon as I arrived a stupid dragon attacked the town. I managed to bring it down without killing any guards by accident this time, but it killed the Redguard blacksmith lady. She attacked it with a dagger and didn't stand a chance. So there I was, feeling a bit sorry for her and her husband, and I decided I would give the dragon bones and scales to him, as a "I'm sorry I couldn't save your wife" gesture. I turned around and there he was, dead as a doornail, fried to death in front of the inn. Now there was no blacksmith in Dawnstar and I needed a drink.

So after that I killed the stupid wizard and then went to mess up a certain wedding and with a little help of badly maintained architecture and some invisibility potions I managed to do it perfectly an get away clean. Though the Argonian Brother who showed up to "help me" almost blew my cover, when he approached me right in front of the Imperial Legion headquarters with his weapons drawn and while I was invisible. Seriously, you call yourself a shadowscale? How about Stumbles-Over-Own-Feet?

Oh, and when I went into the courtyard (I was doing the second part of Potema quest - the letter from Falk was my cover story, so that I could easily explain my presence in Solitude), the guests were all sitting there, so was the groom, and the dead bride was planking awkwardly on the pergola over his head. I was half-tempted to go and drag the poor woman to the ground for the sake of common decency, and I'm the one who killed her in the first place!

Rule #137: Always waste time when you don't have any.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 8:38 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
Other Profiles: Xbox: SargentLipton35
ConsoleWedding wrote:
I did the first part of "The Book of Love" in Klimmek's favor this time. Then I go in the Vilemyr for dinner and he's trying to ask out Lynly Star-Sung! Come on, man! :S

I always choose the other guy. She loves him more. And her name is Sylvia, by the way.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:33 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yeah, I had always picked Bassianus before, they seemed more into each other than Klimmek. Sorry, Klimmek. I thought Lynly was Svidi? I haven't done that quest yet.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:34 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, Morrowind
UESPoints: 7
My thief chose the second guy (Klimmek wasn't forward enough) and then pickpocketted him when he moved the girl to Riften. He ended up dead by Marise's hand because he caught my thief stealing from him. She should have chosen Klimmek since now the girl is a widow!

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:46 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Speaking of The Book of Love, Calcelmo and Faleen are really cute but I sure wish that part of the quest was about giving Calcelmo the confidence to ask her out without lying to Faleen. I hate this almost as much as I hate the Diego/Angela quest in Fallout 3.

Yesterday I finished up Arkngthamz with Katria and Aicantar. I'm glad I made him a follower - two conjurers often means a four-person party - and there's the occasional entertaining weirdness when I cast Calm on a goat and Aicantar yells, "We are routed! Fall back!" and then he cowers behind a rock. Oh, Aicantar... :heart:

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:10 pm 
Champion
Champion

After returning from Blackreach, Comes-Up-Last and Anum-La paid a short visit to Solstheim until some grass had grown over the Solitude murder, but did little there except kill General Carius and learn the chaos enchantment. Back in Skyrim, they went to kill the Ancient Dragon at Mount Anthor for Jarl Korik, which turned into an epic battle lasting most of an in-game night; Comes-Up, while being the most proficient melee fighter among my characters as well as a good archer, has some serious deficiencies in the Resist Magic department, and it took everything I had to keep him from being grilled and bring the worm down - potions, poisons, lots of running and taking cover in order to heal himself before the next attack; in the end he had to call upon his telephone joker undead friend Durnehviir and the blessing of the Hist for assistance, and thus was the Ancient vanquished at the break of dawn. Great fight.

After a few hours sleep and breakfast, our heroes went to collect the well-earned bounty from the jarl when Winterhold was attacked by guess what? Right, another dragon, but only a Blood this time, which was quickly destroyed. After a short stop in Windhelm for selling and crafting we headed home to Riften, but had to fight two more dragons on the way - the usual Dwarven Mecha near Mzulft and a Frost residing at Bonestrewn Crest. Comes-Up had about enough of dragons for a while when we arrived in Riften and he was reunited with his wife Shahvee for a brief respite; next he's going to report back to his Dawnguard buddies and present two eponymous pieces of parchment to their predestined reader, and what then? I suppose we'll find out how Anum and Serana are going to get along. To be continued.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:14 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ConsoleWedding wrote:
Yeah, I had always picked Bassianus before, they seemed more into each other than Klimmek. Sorry, Klimmek. I thought Lynly was Svidi? I haven't done that quest yet.

You are right, thinking of a different name.

Dohvakiin2012 wrote:
My thief chose the second guy (Klimmek wasn't forward enough) and then pickpocketted him when he moved the girl to Riften. He ended up dead by Marise's hand because he caught my thief stealing from him. She should have chosen Klimmek since now the girl is a widow!

On one off mine, I asked her to move to Riften, and she died there. I have no idea what killed her. i should have let her live in Ivarstead. (By the way,this happened on my character I will use for the RolePlaying thread, I am keeping notes over everything I do so I can write about it.)

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 4:31 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Vara went dungeon diving for a while, clearing out most major Nordic tombs in Skyrim. Only a few left to go.
Other than that, she visited every single Word Wall and killed the Dragons there. Plus those spawned by Deadly Dragons assaults.
Managed to unlock all the Shouts she has learned. Now I just need to collect more souls to unlock the Shouts she doesn't have yet.

I'll be keeping this one. The idea of writing a kind-hearted Vampire is one I cannot ignore.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 7:52 am 
Layman
Layman

Other Profiles: tao zi
:shock: I'll be keeping this one

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:51 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim Legendary
While on her journey to discover a way to defeat Alduin, Gidlii decided to tend to her duties as the guildmaster of the Thieves Guild. She did a quick fishing job in Riften, then started traveling north to the College of Winterhold for research. On the way north, in Shor's Stone, Gidlii (a playful Wood Elf ranger and master hunter) decided to bless the town with a showcase of her talents. The sun had set, and she decided to practice a break in for fun.

She picked the lock effortlessly, and sneaked quietly into the humble hovel. She stood still, scanning the home for valuables. Gidlii froze and held her breath when the home owner brushed shoulders against Gidlii, passing her from behind. "Come on. Have a seat." Gidlii was caught completely off guard by the woman's presence and her surprisingly calm demeanor. She stood there speechless.

"You don't need to rob me in order to feed yourself. Sit down, and I'll heat something up for you." Gidlii was confused, but so was the home owner. She had no idea she was serving the Guildmaster of Skyrim's organized crime, likely the wealthiest entity north of the Imperial City; she assumed Gidlii to be starving, and stealing for necessity. Gidlii sat down at her table. "My name is Sylgja. Nice to meet you! Despite the circumstances. I would have thought my injury in the mine would have cost me a fortune while missing work. Turns out missing my shift saved everything I own. I hope you like elk!" Sylgja slid the steaming bowl to Gidlii and sat down opposite her. "So where are you from?"

The two started talking. It may have been the awkward circumstances, but they both shared plenty of laughs swapping stories. Needless to say, Gidlii's were a bit more exotic. It may have been due to the profession, but Gidlii wasn't accustomed to much kindness. Well, that's if you exclude the ass kissing of the Blades. Gidlii was enjoying her time with Sylgja very much, and was sure she was caught blushing once or twice. When learning that Gidlii was heading north, Sylgja asked her "Could you deliver these letters to my parents in Darkwater Crossing? It's along your way." For once, Gidlii hadn't even considered herself before making this decision. "Of course I can."

Gidlii made the delivery, and Sylgja's parents gave Gidlii letters to respond with. She hadn't anticipated such a delay from her journey, but she was delighted to go back and see that lovely woman. When she got back to Shor's Stone, and broke into Sylgja's house a second time, she was greeted with heated kissing from Sylgja.

This is how my Wood Elf found her wife. :) They got married, Gidlii got rip-roaring drunk with the gang (no pun intended) in the Ragged Flaggon before her wedding day. She woke up late and groggy, but put on a beautiful wedding dress (chef's tunic, and it actually looked awesome lol). They lived in Gidlii's hidden cabin in Falkreath for a time, but after several wild encounters, she decided it safer to live elsewhere, especially if she couldn't be around to protect Sylgja every day. Gidlii took her vast wealth and bought a beautiful home in Solitude, lavishly furnished with a beautiful view and a cupboard full of delicacies for her beautiful miner.

Sylgja runs a stall in the marketplace to occupy her time, and they send the profits to her parents in Darkwater Crossing.
Now my Wood Elf has a home :)

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:55 pm 
Champion
Champion

Now that's what I call a nice love story. :D

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:28 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Skyrim: DG, HF, DB
I started another character, a Nord female named Daira Tinder-Hand. To this point, she's just established herself in Riverwood. And she's the first of my characters to keep the iron dagger and hide helmet. :)

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 4:27 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I completed dungeon diving with Vara Rydilis. Now, I'm busy working on doing as many quests as possible in each town and becoming the Thane where possible.

Managed to get everything done in Whiterun.
That just leaves the rest of the towns.

I also decided that I would be doing the Daedric quests, but I would only take the "good" options. Where available. If a quest lacks a good option for completing it, I probably won't do the quest. Though exceptions will be made for certain quests.

Once that's done, I'll probably destroy the Dark Brotherhood, do the College of Winterhold, marry Onmund, adopt two children, do Dawnguard, finish the Civil War, and then do the Main Quest. Oh, and end with Dragonborn.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:06 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion & Skyrim
Platform: PS3
My Argonian character Ghulz did some Forsworn hunting. He's hoping to get on the Markarth Jarl's good side.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:12 pm 
Novice
Novice

Platform: Xbox 360, Xbox One
In my game I am a criminal and I did a jail break. I had 10-15 guards coming after me!

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:13 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I turned on the game, and before I even loaded it up, I had to leave. Great day of adventuring :\

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 4:59 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Vara became Thane of Solitude, Falkreath, and Morthal.
She must have contracted Sanguinare Vampiris during the battle against Movarth, because three days later... She changed.
I didn't even notice she had the disease. Of course, I was planning on making her look like a "nice" Vampire, but that didn't work. So I was forced into making her look like a monster.

After that, I switched to Vulom and finished the Dark Brotherhood questline with her. For the second time on this particular version.
I then went and became Thane of Falkreath and Hjaalmarch. Vulom then visited Heljarchen Hall so I could check and see if she was married at this point. Apparently she is, since I walked straight into Athis.

Athis seems to be missing some dialogue for Hearthfire as well. Went to talk to him and he went to say something about there being strange noises in the basement (the Skeevers). He didn't actually say it, though. If I hadn't had the subtitles on, I would have had no idea what he said.

Continued to mess around at Heljarchen Hall for a while (mostly just organizing things, though I did take care of the Skeever problem) before heading off to Riften to adopt two children. Vulom's usual pick of Runa and the-boy-whose-name-I-can-never-remember.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:23 pm 
Champion
Champion

I hope today was the end of Myrle's curse. I got ambushed by three thugs hired by the husband of the suicidal woman I had to kill in Rorikstead. I killed them easily, of course, and I don't bear the grudge - the man had a pretty good reason to send them after me.

I finally got to see the Shrine of Azura on my way to the College of Winterhold (got some Elder Scroll questions to ask them). This is my 11th Daedric quest, though I won't get the full set, because Myrle Arano is not a thief.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:08 am 
Champion
Champion

So Comes-Up-Last & company (i.e. Anum-La and Serana) stopped at Falkreath (after talking to the Greybeards, doing Thieves Guild stuff at Whiterun and doing Dawnguard spoilerish stuff nearby) in order to report back to / recieve new orders from Astrid and I walked out of Grave Concoctions right into one of those hood-robed vampire travellers at the same moment Deadly Dragons deciced to launch an Assault. At some time in the ensuing chaos I must accidentally have hit a guard or some other citizen of Falkreath because from that moment on the guards concentrated solely on arresting me while I was trying to save their sorry behinds from a dragon and a vampire at the same time; so I grudgingly paid my bounty, killed the vampire, killed the dragon and just as I was done absorbing the worm's soul I turned to see Thadgeir and most of Falkreath's remaining guard force slain by the hands of my followers. Somehow I feel I'd better give this town a wide berth for the foreseeable future.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:39 am 
Champion
Champion

Finn, looks like Comes-Up-Last is my Myrle's long-lost brother. ;) Had pretty much the same misadventure in Rorikstead.

Anyway, today I saw Blackreach for the first time (yes, I still haven't completed the main quest with any of my characters) and it completely blew my mind. I was just standing there for a couple of minutes, staring at the freaky shrooms and grinning like an idiot. Then I spent over an hour exploring the place and I'm still not finished. I love this game.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 126  Next