UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2024 6:24 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 126  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 'What You Did in Skyrim Today' Thread
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 3:23 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim Legendary, ESO, Legends
Platform: PC, PS3
Other Profiles: Steam: Captain Mauin, ESO: @Mauin and @Merorzen, Legends: Mauin
UESPoints: 1
Psh. I reached level 81 before I got out of Helgen.
Then again, this isn't a serious character. Just messing with mods.

Speaking of which... I noticed one called Manure. So I downloaded it just for the heck of it and now all the animals are leaving piles of [&@%!] everywhere. And farting. A lot.

The manure itself is apparently also edible (for alchemy) and can be turned into "ingots" and smithed into a weapon...
So, if you want, you can run around and bash people with a weapon made of crap. We should be able to fling it if you ask me.
Or, y'know, use it for something sensible like fertilizer for the Hearthfire gardens and whatnot.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 4:14 am 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim (DG, HF, DB)
Platform: Xbox 360
Other Profiles: XBL: ZackyZombify
UESPoints: 0
DikaSmausha wrote:
Linkuya wrote:
Reached level 58.

Just had to make me look bad :P

Got your back.
Reached level 99.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:16 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
Other Profiles: Xbox: SargentLipton35
Manure? I could just be running around in the tundra with giant mammoth [&@%!]?

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:31 pm 
Master
Master

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, Online
Platform: PC
Finn Wolfshorn wrote:
sentiments

Indeed. That guy sucked. It took me forever to get a dragon soul to unlock Bend Will because he kept showing up and stealing them.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:03 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyim, Morrowind, Oblivion
The Tom wrote:
Finn Wolfshorn wrote:
sentiments

Indeed. That guy sucked. It took me forever to get a dragon soul to unlock Bend Will because he kept showing up and stealing them.

he was also the biggest [censored] in the way he addressed you, we all know he's nothing without his zero cooldown dragon shouts and poison based magic. Yet, he still acts like a hotshot and steals your dragon souls.

To denounce the evils of truth and love.
Until our post count reaches the stars above.

Spoiler:
Musicman247 wrote:
I don't suck, I blow.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:13 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, Morrowind
UESPoints: 7
I liked the poison based magic, although for some reason Felina isn't able to have the potency like he did. Hmmm...

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:19 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyim, Morrowind, Oblivion
Poison is awful at low levels, especially if you're fighting large groups. Miraak isn't a problem though, all I had to was hit him with a sword till he dropped. Because I don't even go near Solstheim till level 40. So by the time I even start the black books and the main quest I'm ripping through everything except lurkers.

To denounce the evils of truth and love.
Until our post count reaches the stars above.

Spoiler:
Musicman247 wrote:
I don't suck, I blow.

Last edited by Derp53 on Mon May 13, 2013 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:38 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

DikaSmausha wrote:
Manure? I could just be running around in the tundra with giant mammoth [&@%!]?

Sure... If it weren't for the fact that all animals mysteriously produce the same size of [&@%!].
So you've got chickens with turds the same size as their body, and mammoths with really tiny turds.

Now... I haven't done anything in Skyrim yet, but when I do, I plan on testing that Argonian Mercenary Armor. With an Argonian character, of course. So I'll be starting another one. I'll probably do two: one male, one female. Just to see how it looks on each sex.
I'll also likely be deleting that Breton I created yesterday. Kinda meh about her.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:26 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO
Platform: PC, PS4/3, Xbone
On my main character, I've finally stopped wandering aimlessly and decided on a direction and headed for the College of Winterhold and stopped shortly after making it in the gate.

I've also created a 'bad guy' roleplaying character that I'll be working on drawing up a character journal for.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:33 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrobloodtribunal, Oblivering Knights, Skydawnfireborn
UESPoints: 2
Sylvaine has been rummaging through the closed stacks of Apocrypha for a few days and having violent disputes with the librarians occasionally, while doing quests for Adril Adrano and Neloth inbetween - the usual Dragonborn stuff.

Meanwhile back in Markarth, impoverished gentleman (would-be) adventurer Cumgrano Salis pawned the family silver at Arnleif and Son's and got enough money for it to hire some muscle. Together with his new bodyguard, Vorstag, he has just solved the vermin problem at Calcelmo's excavation site and is now exploring the ruins of Nchuand-Zel (and getting murdered by the Falmer and Dwarven automata on a regular basis). Tough dungeon on master and wearing no armour, but also a leveling machine - he's already three levels or so higher than when he went in, levelling after about every other fight, and nowhere near the end yet.

Jeder sollte einmal reisen in das schöne Vvardenfell!

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:20 am 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
So Myrle Arano, my assassin, decided to finally do what Boethia wanted her to do, and she went to shoot some bandits in the eye. Got spotted once, but a quick retreat into a dark corner and an invisibility potion solved the problem. I once again regretted that such a badass looking armor is heavy, but I took it anyway, to display it proudly at Myrle's home in Riften.

Then I headed north to report back to Muiri. And then, when I was standing on a ridge above the Lost Valley and admiring the view, my trusty dremora Bob (summoned a moment earlier to help me deal with two angry bears I almost walk into before I noticed them) pushed me off the cliff. Splat. Those Forsworn below got the surprise of a lifetime, not to mention some really decent loot, once they cleaned squishy bits of me splattered all over it... Eh...

Rule #137: Always waste time when you don't have any.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:08 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

What did I do... Oh, yes! I became than of Solitude. The Potema quests are really cool.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 2:25 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim Legendary
After bringing the Thieves Guild to full strength, it was difficult finding a goal for Gidlii, my playful wood elf. She decided to go after dragons as the most challenging prey a sexy, skilled hunter could find, but I probably should have finished the Companions with her werewolf abilities and all.

I made her a werewolf because a controllable change into a wild beast probably sounds appealing to a woof elf, in contrast to the Wild Hunt.

So now she's doing the Main Quest for the most challenging hunt. Outside of her playthrough, I'm brushing up on the Creation Kit again to work on some mods I've got ideas for. Well done on the christmas mod, by the way, guys. I might ask you some questions about that when approaching my bigger project idea.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 3:50 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I took my newest character, Shines-Like-Stone, across Skyrim. Why? I was trying to sell all the potions she has made.
So far, she's made close to 500,000 gold and I'm only about half way done selling the potions.

Got bored of that after a while, and since ToL wasn't giving me any lunar transformations, I moved onto my other characters.
Updated a few mods on each of them (ranging from SHR to a few armor mods). Took a while for me to think of what settings from SHR would be best for each character.

The first one I went to was Felzii Raan. All she did was go through Dead Men's Respite (or whatever the place was called) to get the Word and the book from inside.

Then I loaded Vulom Staadnau 3.5 (I'm only adding the .5 because this is my second attempt at the 3.0; I just dropped back to a save from around 30 hours of gameplay ago, though, instead of starting over. So she's Vulom 3.5). Recalled that she was in the middle of doing the Dark Brotherhood questline and continued with that.

Got up until the end of the trip through the Dawnstar Sanctuary until I got a Dragon assault. Deadly Dragons decided to spawn two Spectral Dragons and an Arctic Dragon this time around, which was a huge pain. Those Spectral Dragons make my computer lag for some stupid reason. One is usually bad enough, but two? Eh. That sucked. Took a while to bring them down.

Of course, Vulom was getting tired at the end of that because of SHR, so she relaxed for a while in the bloodied snow before continuing back to the Falkreath Sanctuary to report her "success."

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:15 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Had a nice, fun day going through a few caves/dungeons/whatever while on the way to other major faction questline stuff.

I also found this weird wooden mask thingy in Labyrinthian I didn't find in my first major playthrough for some reason, teleported me to some weird place but nothing bad happened. Of course, my curiosity too strong, I looked it up on the uesp wiki. :p

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:05 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I finally got the 100,000 gold achievement a few days ago. Well, I already had it, but this was though guild jobs.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 3:47 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm doing some things differently to see content I haven't seen yet, so I killed Paarthurnax this time. Yeah, yeah, go ahead and yell at me. I get how the Blades feel but I don't think their reasons were written very well, and I didn't even get a "sorry but I'm going to kill you" dialogue with Paarthurnax or any kind of challenge from him, so it felt unsportsmanlike. It feels like there's stuff missing from that side of the quest, or that the game wants it to feel as unsatisfying as possible while I was trying to treat it as a legitimate choice. Oh well, I got some nice dialogue from Delphine and Esbern after the main quest, and that was new to me. Anyway, next up: destroying the Dark Brotherhood. I haven't even read about this one in detail, so I'll see what happens.

Also: I'd forgotten how pretty the sky is in Sovngarde. Wow!

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 4:41 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ConsoleWedding wrote:
I'm doing some things differently to see content I haven't seen yet, so I killed Paarthurnax this time. Yeah, yeah, go ahead and yell at me. I get how the Blades feel but I don't think their reasons were written very well, and I didn't even get a "sorry but I'm going to kill you" dialogue with Paarthurnax or any kind of challenge from him, so it felt unsportsmanlike. It feels like there's stuff missing from that side of the quest, or that the game wants it to feel as unsatisfying as possible while I was trying to treat it as a legitimate choice. Oh well, I got some nice dialogue from Delphine and Esbern after the main quest, and that was new to me. Anyway, next up: destroying the Dark Brotherhood. I haven't even read about this one in detail, so I'll see what happens.

Also: I'd forgotten how pretty the sky is in Sovngarde. Wow!

I actually thought most players sided with Paarthurnax and thought the Blades were being jerks. I just downloaded a mod that allowed me, as Dragonborn, to somehow convince the Blades to buzz off.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 4:50 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Most people DO side with Paarthurnax (this was only the second time I'd progressed far enough in the main quest to decide), and it seems like I'm the only person who doesn't intensely hate Delphine and Esbern. I like them, actually. Paarthurnax also didn't have any dying words to make me feel worse, which would also have been interesting! So I mostly thought it was unfortunate that killing him, in the moment, felt kind of underwhelming whether I roleplay it as good or bad. But Arngeir sure got mad at me, obviously, and it made me respect him more. You know, I think I often like characters more when they argue with me!

cybrxkhan wrote:
somehow convince the Blades to buzz off.

An option that would have been nice to already have in the game, for the sake of player choice. I got a little bugeyed when I had to talk to General Tullius tonight when arranging the truce, and at one point my only dialogue option was "I'm here to fight for the Empire." Now, hold on just a second!

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:41 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

There's plenty of reason to hate Delphine and Esbern...
My computer just got a mind of its own and posted before I was done. Right. I'll just leave it at that since I'm bound to start ranting.
If anybody saw that, I apologize for the confusion.

Anyway, I fought with a shadow issue for most of the day.
Just so I could finish that last Werewolf eye texture.

With that done, I created a Nord. Who I promptly deleted.
Then went and messed around with my blue Argonian.

In other words: I really didn't do anything important.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:47 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Went through the whole long Labyrinthian, though it was relatively easy. Then I met Serana for the Dawnguard questline. I liked how she didn't want to carry my burdens. At least Lydia just made a snarky remark. (I assume Serana can become a pack mule once I advance enough in the Dawnguard questline)

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 1:53 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games: oblivion, skyrim
Platform: xbox 360/one
UESPoints: 14
Went to get sap from the Eldergleam tree to restore the one at the Temple of Kynareth in Whiterun. I took this guy called Maurice who wanted to go but unfortunately he got killed by a random dragon on the way there, (I think he challenged it to a fist fight :S ) . I missed out on a passive option for the tree quest, I found out later, which I would have opted for - never mind.
Also Winterhold got attacked again on my arrival by a dragon and sadly an innocent chicken got caught in the crossfire.
There I gave Nelacar the broken Azura Star I'd found and he said my soul would have to go in it to evict some guys soul. It sounded less than tempting, so maybe another time.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:57 pm 
Champion
Champion

This day was a complete mess. First I reported back to Astrid and then I went north to deal with some business in Whiterun. When I was on the Whiterun Plains, near Rorikstead, I saw a dragon circling over the town, so I went to kill the [&@%!]. When I was getting close, I saw a Thalmor patrol, so obviously I decided to get rid of them while everyone was busy with the dragon. Hate the Thalmor... So I cast Fury on them, summoned my trusty Dremora Bob and sniped the [&@%!] with my bow. Unfortunately a woman from the village saw this and joined the combat to protect the bloody Altmer. I managed to shoot her before anyone could notice and I thought I was out of this mess when I saw the message that my bounty was revoked, since I killed the last witness.

And then the ugly part started - I went after the dragon and I accidentally hit one of the guards fighting it. Bob joined the fight and when the dust settled I was standing over a dead dragon and three freakin' guards I had no intention of killing. I ran towards Whiterun before the rest of them had a chance to catch up. I thought I'd be fine, because I was the Thane and Thanes get a free pass when they mess up, but it turns out the pass doesn't cover triple cop murders... So I ended up in jail (because I'm not paying them for stepping in front of my arrows, fired in the heroic defense of their stupid little town!). I managed to escape, of course, but got caught again while trying to get my gear back, and had no choice but to cool my heels for a week. Damn.

And then there was the second part of this epic clusterf**k. I went to drown my sorrows at the Bannered Mare as soon as I was released and the barmaid told me something interesting about the jarl's kids. I wasn't exactly feeling very charitable towards the man after spending time in his dungeon, so I went to Dragonsreach to get some dirt on him. I got it and I was told to steal a key from one of two people. It was late by that time and they were both asleep, so I thought it would be easy to sneak up on then and pick their pockets. Unfortunately the bloody wizard turned out to be a light sleeper and woke up, so I quickly drank a GTFO potion and ran towards the jarl's quarters. I figured that I could try again and if it doesn't work, my Thane status should get the guards off my back. And it worked! I picked the jarl's pocket, got the key, and then told the guard to buzz off and not bother a VIP like me with such nonsense. Opened the door, got the prize, and then disaster number three struck. For some reason when I ran from Farengar, he started fighting Lydia, who had been sitting at the table in the main hall during all this. So when I entered the room, I saw the wizard blasting her with lightning, Irileth attacking her and Lydia on her knees. Fed up with her stupidity, I tried to figure out a way to stop her, and then I remembered what Mephala had said. "Blood of those closest to you"? Does my housecarl qualify? I quickly stabbed the idiot in the back, the fight broke off and nothing happened to the stupid blade!

Final result? Extra 3K in "total lifetime bounty", dead Lydia (Edit: and Farengar, forgot about that), two-handed sword I can't use anyway and I can't show my face in Whiterun for the next month, because I just rampaged through the entire hold like a halfwit on PCP, for no good reason.

If there was ever a facepalm-worthy day in Myrle Arano's Skyrim adventure, that was it.

Last edited by dzio on Sun May 19, 2013 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 8:09 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

dzio, that is terrible and very funny. :D

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 8:18 pm 
Champion
Champion

Yup. If any of my brothers or sisters from DB had seen my supposedly cool assassin flail around like I just snorted an extra large helping of bath salts, they'd have thrown me out of the guild, most likely by discreetly throwing my body into some ravine in the Reach. Oh, and to make it even sweeter, once it was over I realised that my sneaking fails were probably happening because I was wearing my Alchemy jewelery, instead of my Sneak gear. There should be a comic strip about Myrle.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 126  Next