UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:09 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Which Daedric lord will we spend quality time with next?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:43 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

UESPoints: 0
I get the impression that the Daedric lords are some of the series' most beloved characters, and it seems like tradition for each game to have one expansion that heavily emphasizes one of them. With that in mind, who's next? I'm assuming the ones we've already had in said expansions are out, as are the ones who've turned up as main questline antagonists.

Post subject: Re: Which Daedric lord will we spend quality time with next?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:47 pm 
Lord of the Shivering Isles

ES Games: Oblivion:GOTY, Skyrim:Legendary edition
Platform: PS3.
UESPoints: 12
Ignore this as i somehow managed to get this thread mixed up with another one. :oops:

Last edited by The SheoDovah on Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:09 pm 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox
Other Profiles: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
UESPoints: 14
To be honest, Skyrim didn't so much focus on any Daedra till the expansion but more so on Alduin and Akatosh/Shor>_> DG had Molag Bal despite personally not being the key factor but also showcased Soul Cairn. DB had Mora who was heavily in focus<_<
Oblivion's vanilla was heavily focused of Mehrunes Dagon. Later on the two major expansions each had their own focus, SI had Sheogorath and Jyggalag while KotN had Meridia.
Morrowind had Azura play a part in the events, but it was namely the Tribunal in focus. BM expansion however had Hircine.
These are just merely the recent 3, but some of the older do indeed hold ties.
Battlespire is a perfect example, while Dagon was the antagonist it still showed a few others just like any TES game would. Redguard for one had Clavicus Vile play a small part. Sadly for Daggerfall was not focused on any Daedra but rather the Underking. As so with all so classic Arena, it's safe to say it's focus was not on them, granted it was also trying to establish a lore. And with our up and coming Online we have Molag Bal now :D

Granted while much of TES loves to expand upon the lore of daedra, the Aedra do too. Is it not so hard to believe that they'll want to place the gods of their lore into the spotlight from time to time? When the Aedra take part in the story, they often times try to bring rise to a hero as to prevent ruin and see to the events that unfold. The Daedra however love to meddle, and they can bring great change if they wish it so. So to say their great candidates for a story is an understatement

Now to say who would be a great Daedra to be in focus<_< I'll have to say Jyggalag is deserving of a return, though not necessarily as an antagonist :wink: I could also say Azura is still open to being in the spotlight once more, granted due to her nature makes things all the more fitting

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:43 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC
I'm not going to speculate based on past occurrences, because we don't have very much to work with. As for who I would like to see in focus? Meridia, without a doubt. She's quite mysterious—from her sphere of influence to her potential origin. The Break of Dawn was neat at least in that it implied that she is seeking followers. It also indicates that she once had a not-insignificant following in Skyrim. In general, though, it seems that she's fairly neglected as far as the Daedric princes go. Perhaps this is because of her relatively "good" nature or because she presumably rarely has need to interfere with mortal affairs in the same way that many of the others do.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:22 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I want to be scared or disgusted, so I'll go with Vaermina or Namira. Though I'd also like to escape a series of Sanguine's Realms as a Lotus Eater Machine kind of thing.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:25 pm 

ES Games: Oblivion:GOTY, Skyrim:Legendary edition
Platform: PS3.
UESPoints: 12
I can see Vaermina being used as it gives Bethesda an excuse to go crazy with new locations.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:24 am 
Champion
Champion

Platform: PC (Morrowind, Oblivion) PS3 (Skyrim)
If it's going to be anyone it should Vaermina, Peryite or Meridia. These three have been barely developed, and we know next to nothing about them, giving a lot of freedom for their stories. I'd really love to see something with Peryite, maybe inciting a civil war among the Deadra, sick of being labelled the weakest prince, or attempting to spread his diseases across all of Tamriel.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:30 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO, Legends, Blades
Platform: PC, PS4, PS5, XSX
UESPoints: 5
The expansions that have featured Daedra in the previous three TES games have all been focused on Daedra that provide a fairly demarcated contrast to the vanilla game and the world it presents. You'd think that for Morrowind, one of the three Anticipations, or possibly one of the Four Corners would be appropriate, but Bethesda went with Hircine as part of what was clearly a concerted attempt to create content that provided a meaningful contrast to Vvardenfell on the isle of Solstheim. The same can be said for Sheogorath in oblivion and Hermaeus Mora in Skyrim, so I feel if there is anything we can say this far out from TES VI it's that any DLC content that deals with one of the Daedric Princes will probably deal with one that stands in contrast to the world of the vanilla game.

Beginner's Guide to Morrowind

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:58 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO
Platform: PC, PS4/3, Xbone
Not so much a full questline, but I'd like to see Jyggalag start getting his own daedric quests, after the events of Oblivion.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:49 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

^ That would be neat; I'd be curious to see how they create interesting quests for, essentially, the god of dullness.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:32 pm 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

skullclutter wrote:
Not so much a full questline, but I'd like to see Jyggalag start getting his own daedric quests, after the events of Oblivion.

I've talked about this once>_> a shame it be lost in some post..
One of my ideas was for Jygg to have his own shrine, very much secluded and hard to find alone. Though old Mora's was hard in Oblivion? Even harder=__= but the idea was for you to do a series of quests for him, each one receiving a reward for spreading his order and signaling his return, be it revenge on the other daedra or fixing some uneven paintings :wink: however as you slowly gain more of his favor, you can slowly start to compare yourself to one of his priests of order. You begin to gain powers like summoning Knights to even other little unique goodies. All the way till you receive his never before seen artifact<_< and an artifact alone that may be the mightiest I do say.

That said, I still would prefer a full questline>_> something along the lines of helping him claim and create a new realm in oblivion. Hell with him alone you have the chance to visit other realms. But what I want most is the shift from him previously being the antagonist to being a respectful allie. We knew little to none of him till Shivering Isles, and even then we know little still

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:16 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO
Platform: PC, PS4/3, Xbone
Crusader's Amour wrote:
^ That would be neat; I'd be curious to see how they create interesting quests for, essentially, the god of dullness.

Well, since he's been essentially absent for thousands of years, I doubt he'd have his own shrine yet, so perhaps creating one for him? Or restoring one and recruiting followers?

BetaB17 wrote:
One of my ideas was for Jygg to have his own shrine, very much secluded and hard to find alone. Though old Mora's was hard in Oblivion? Even harder=__= but the idea was for you to do a series of quests for him, each one receiving a reward for spreading his order and signaling his return, be it revenge on the other daedra or fixing some uneven paintings :wink: however as you slowly gain more of his favor, you can slowly start to compare yourself to one of his priests of order. You begin to gain powers like summoning Knights to even other little unique goodies. All the way till you receive his never before seen artifact<_< and an artifact alone that may be the mightiest I do say.

That would be neat!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:44 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Based on the business with Dyus it seems like Jyggalag's idea of order includes the ability to anticipate absolutely everything. Perhaps a quest where you have to ensure that events, even seemingly insignificant ones, occur exactly as he anticipates through subtle manipulations of the world. Kind of like The Adjustment Bureau, if you've ever seen that.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:34 pm 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

Crusader's Amour wrote:
Based on the business with Dyus it seems like Jyggalag's idea of order includes the ability to anticipate absolutely everything. Perhaps a quest where you have to ensure that events, even seemingly insignificant ones, occur exactly as he anticipates through subtle manipulations of the world. Kind of like The Adjustment Bureau, if you've ever seen that.

Well all events already have been predicted, all possible futures, pasts, and presents. How? The Elder Scrolls. Not even the Daedra or the Aedra would dare challenge that power. Granted they too could unknowingly be the very ones that allow such events to occur. But as it is, every event calls for a hero whether he fails or not. Without a chosen hero, there is no event to follow.

In that sense, Jygg could very well have a greater understanding of the scrolls than the others, thus explaining why he has such knowledge at his disposal. Granted he may be able to anticipate much thus aiding in his plans to bring absolute order, but it does not mean he is the master of all. Even the Daedra have shown to be wrong at times. Those with the greatest of powers can sometimes overlook the smallest of details. Thus is why the Elder Scrolls are absolute in every way

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:52 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

It'll be funny if the devs decided for the lulz that TES VI's major expansion won't have a daedra as its focus.

Anyhow, I find Vaermina, Azura, and Sanguine have the most interest realms that could be visited. Vaermina because her realm sounds like a mind screw sort of thing, Sanguine because it sounds like it has character (like Shivering Isles), and Azura because it sounds... well, nice.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:17 am 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

Actually I kind of want Aetherius to be explored some<_< Malacath for one once was not of Oblivion but like those of the Divine. I really do wonder what has become of his old realm>_> or if it simply was 'moved' to where it is now.

Oh well.. all of the Daedra sadly make great candidates for the next installment

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:40 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: I-V
Platform: PS3, PC
The Daedra are their realms. If Malacath is in Oblivion, so is the realm.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:19 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim, Morrowind
BetaB17 wrote:
One of my ideas was for Jygg to have his own shrine...

I agree with Beta, Skullcutter, and Crusader about Jyggalag, however, since he is the Daedric Prince of justice, it would be interesting if he forced you to build his shrine for him, much like gathering materials for Hearthfire. After you build his shrine, you can do missions for him.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:56 pm 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

Well in my view, he could just as easily create a crystal like shrine for himself, though lack the influence till his will has been known. In truth, it should be in a very isolated region, much like Mora's in oblivion. Someplace that just appeals to his crystal nature, much like snow and frost. It would be funny to see what once was a Sheogorath shrine corrupted and converted to Jygg's domain and appearance. Kind of gives it a little bit more irony into the detail.

Still, I do wonder what his artifact may be. Has to be something that outclasses most other artifacts, something that may rival with the popularity of Azura's Star or Umbra

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:16 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Jygg's sphere includes justice? Where does it say that?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:33 pm 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

It may simply be a misunderstanding. Jygg represents absolute order, almost to the point where stasis would be paradise to him.. but torment for every other being in existence.. Think of him as the polar opposite of Lorkhan, chaos born from order, and order born from chaos..

While in a way justice can be seen to fit with Jygg, it only does so due to order. In a sense.. breaking order may very well be defying the law

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:02 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox360
If the next game is in Elsweyr, I want to see more Herma Mora and his connection to moon sugar and time/akatosh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:16 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Morrowind Oblivion Skyrim
Platform: Xbox PC
Other Profiles: willsg (Xbox live) wgrenter (Steam)
I'd like it to be Meridia, we don't know much about her really and it'll be interesting to learn some more.

Because you're so popular!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:25 am 
Master
Master

ES Games: Morrowind , Oblivion , Skyrim
How's about Peryite? there's a Daedric Prince that isn't mentioned enough. I think he needs some time in the sun, like was suggested earlier, perhaps a DLC that involves helping him to grow stronger in the eyes of the other princes?

I always love an underdog story, and that's really how he comes across to me.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:47 am 
The New Number Two
The New Number Two

ES Games: Mw, Ob, Sk
UESPoints: 1
Clavicus Vile for me. I like the idea of bargains with demons and Clavicus is powerful but does seem to make mistakes which make him interesting. The idea he's not an out and out monster might make him a bit too similar to Sheogorath so it's unlikely they would use Vile in a game imo

Also his dog adds another element - i can see him and the hound completely messing up a kingdom by getting mortals involved with their shenanigans, and needing a new hero to sort things out

i would also a chance to undo the loss of Umbra, the series clearly needs him/her