UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:55 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: TES VI. Will it be epic?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:50 pm 
Novice
Novice

UESPoints: 0
After the events in the previous games and the events of skyrim, I have come to the conclusion that TES VI will be epic! :) My question is to everyone is "What do you think will happen in the next TES installment?" With the Thalmor trying to conquer everything, the Psiigiks taking tje Eye of Magnus, the Neverereen going on a mysterious mission to Akikir and not returning, and Vivec dissappearing, it's pretty clear that something BIG is about to go down. :|

Last edited by The Dread Lord on Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: $@&# is about to get real, possibly.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:55 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: I-V
Platform: PS3, PC
I think that we already have a thread for this, but I not sure if it's worth necroing. Anyway, yeah, but big stuff happens every game.

On a side note, that's some crazy spelling of a lot of words man.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:03 pm 
Novice
Novice

Br3admax wrote:
I think that we already have a thread for this, but I not sure if it's worth necroing. Anyway, yeah, but big stuff happens every game.

Sorry, I knew there was a wishlist thread, but that one is more of "what do you want in TES VI". This one is meant to speculate on what TES VI would be about. So, sorry if there is a recent thread on this subject. :(

And sorry for my spelling. :( Part of the problem is that I have such big fingers and a little touchscreen pad. And the other part is that I downright don't know how to spell most of the names. :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:05 pm 
Lord of the Shivering Isles
Lord of the Shivering Isles

ES Games: Oblivion:GOTY, Skyrim:Legendary edition
Platform: PS3.
UESPoints: 12
Nevaraine disappeared in the 3rd Era and the Thalmor didn't make a reappearance untill the 4th so I doubt the two are related. We all know why Nevar went to Akaviri. It was to give us a reason why he/she was not doing anything. That and Bethesda hates setting cannon heros so they often send them on a little trip or kill them off or become champions for a Daedric prince and so forth.

I doubt TESVI will focus on the great war as I doubt Bethesda is capable of doing that. Just look at the Civil war in Skyrim. I think Vivec [&@%!] off the Daedric Princes and was kidnapped by one so that's not related to the 4th Era either. Okay, it is but it's at the start of it and I doubt he will make a return unless he does a Miraak.

As for the Thalmor, I hope they are a joinable faction but has a strict list of requirements and the questline is decent.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:09 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

The Dread Lord wrote:
Br3admax wrote:

Sorry, I knew there was a wishlist thread, but that one is more of "what do you want in TES VI". This one is meant to speculate on what TES VI would be about. So, sorry if there is a recent thread on this subject. :(

And sorry for my spelling. :( Part of the problem is that I have such big fingers and a little touchscreen pad. And the other part is that I downright don't know how to spell most of the names. :)

Nah it's cool. I misspell things all the time with no excuse.
Thelastdovah wrote:
Nevaraine disappeared in the 3rd Era and the Thalmor didn't make a reappearance untill the 4th so I doubt the two are related. We all know why Nevar went to Akaviri. It was to give us a reason why he/she was not doing anything. That and Bethesda hates setting cannon heros so they often send them on a little trip or kill them off or become champions for a Daedric prince and so forth.

I doubt TESVI will focus on the great war as I doubt Bethesda is capable of doing that. Just look at the Civil war in Skyrim. I think Vivec [&@%!] off the Daedric Princes and was kidnapped by one so that's not related to the 4th Era either. Okay, it is but it's at the start of it and I doubt he will make a return unless he does a Miraak.

As for the Thalmor, I hope they are a joinable faction but has a strict list of requirements and the questline is decent.

It's called a next-gen console for a reason. This gen's limitations will be removed.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:12 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC
I actually hope they don't go for "big, bigger, the biggest, the bigestestester". We're already playing for pretty big stakes as is. I mean, in the last game we've pretty much saved all of reality. Doesn't get much more epic than that, does it?

I think it would be interesting if Aldmeri Dominion actually took control and dismantled the Empire. Sure, I hate their guts, but it would be great if for the first time the "government" was the bad guy, instead of the protector and peacekeeper. It wouldn't necessarily be "epic", but it would be a chance for Beth to give the war plotline another go, and maybe this time make it right.

@Thelastdovah - if they actually followed through with their original plan for the Civil War, it would have been awesome. It's perfectly possible to do it right with this generation of hardware.

Rule #137: Always waste time when you don't have any.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:36 pm 
Mod On Leave
Mod On Leave

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox, PC, STD
Other Profiles: Gamertag: MightyGo0dLeadr
UESPoints: 15
Yeah the old thread hadn't been posted in for over six months, so we can start fresh. Can the title be a little more clear, though? :D

Gotta say, I'd love for TES VI to be set on the Summerset Isles and see the player have to decide whether they side with the Thalmor, Aldmeri Dominion, or the Empire. A nice, deep story with multiple paths to follow would be nice.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:38 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Musicman247 wrote:
Yeah the old thread hadn't been posted in for over six months, so we can start fresh. Can the title be a little more clear, though? :D

Gotta say, I'd love for TES VI to be set on the Summerset Isles and see the player have to decide whether they side with the Thalmor, Aldmeri Dominion, or the Empire. A nice, deep story with multiple paths to follow would be nice.

Wut? The Thalmor is a political party that established the Third Reich Dominion.(No joke, this is seriously the third one. Look at what Bethesda did there.)

Last edited by Br3admax on Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: TES VI. Will it be epic?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:45 pm 
Novice
Novice

I changed the title. :)

Personally I would love for TES VI to be set in multiple places. :) Going to multiple provinces or realms of Oblivion.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:45 pm 
Mod On Leave
Mod On Leave

Platform: Xbox, PC, STD
Other Profiles: Gamertag: MightyGo0dLeadr
UESPoints: 15
Pretty sure not all Altmer and Bosmer agree with the Thalmor. I'm hoping another faction will rise up against the Thalmor from within the Dominion.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:53 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

It would no longer be called the Aldmeri Dominion, because their goal is an elven empire that encompasses all of Tamriel. And it would enslave humans, or worse. Just as it always has. The Thalmor did not invent the concepts of the Dominion today. Every Aldmeri Dominion has followed the same similar principles.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:53 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: Oblivion, Morrowind, Skyrim
Other Profiles: Teh Time Rider
I'd personally love a huge jump ahead a couple hundred years and for it to take place in Elsweyr or Hammerfell.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:59 pm 
Master
Master

ES Games: Morrowind , Oblivion , Skyrim
Wouldn't the folks writing ''personally I would love it if...'' be better off putting these ideas in the wishlist thread instead? :P

Ok, ok, i'll say my piece: Elsweyr got mentioned a lot in Skyrim, and seeing as it's basically the ''opposite'' of Skyrim, in both climate and people, I'd say its next in line for a game.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:07 pm 
Novice
Novice

I'm sure that TES VI will have something to do with the Void Nights and why the Psigiics took the Eye of Magnus. It just seems weird that they first "dissapeared" and then come to warn the Dragonborn of future events surrounding the Eye of Magnus and why they took it. So I can see that TES VI taking place in Elswyr would make sense. The Khijiit know more about Masser and Sucunda more than anyone.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:17 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, all DLC, Oblivion, GoTY and aniversary, arena
Platform: X360/PC, X360/PC, PC.
UESPoints: 2
Musicman247 wrote:
Pretty sure not all Altmer and Bosmer agree with the Thalmor. I'm hoping another faction will rise up against the Thalmor from within the Dominion.

Yeah, there are some. They mostly wind up dead though.

Of course TES 6 is going to be epic. Just a question of whether it's GotY, GotD or GotC-SF. Most likely the first two.

It's either going to move on quite some time from Skyrim and resolve the Dominion/Empire clash in lore, or be set in that. We won't get all 9 provinces as that's part of the point of TES:O, but probably 2 - most likely Valenwood and Elsweyr as they would fit in with the Dominion/Empire theme, and the stage most likely to be fought over.

The Void Nights were either a warning shot to the khajiit or fallout of the events or Morrowind. The Eye was just a severely underused plotpoint in a somewhat weak questline. It probably won't be mentioned at all.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:11 am 
Associate
Associate

TES 6 will be far from Skyrim's time period, due to the fact that there are multiple branching storylines (civil war for example, or kill the dark brotherhood) and I don't think we will see another warp in the west. They must also make the dragonborn irrelevant, so will likely move it to well past their natural or otherwise death.

My guess? Dominion more or less owns Tamriel (thus making whomever won the civil war/fate of the Emperor irrelevant and sidestepping those issues) and is carrying out their genocide of humanity and whomever else looks at them funny, which includes the player character.

kick off grand adventure.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:06 pm 
Imperial Legate
Imperial Legate

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO
Platform: PC, Xbox, Xbox 360
UESPoints: 20
Yes, it will be epic.

"The Hoonding guides us. All others can make way."

Monsters are bred in labyrinths, labyrinths are bred from walls. There is a reason the Giants choose to remain nomadic rather than follow their shield kin the Nords in building permanent settlements. The Tower is the beginning of all walls.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:10 pm 
Master
Master

ES Games: Morrowind , Oblivion , Skyrim
Pilaf The Defiler wrote:
Yes, it will be epic.

"The Hoonding guides us. All others can make way."

Aaaand... what is that supposed to mean?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:12 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
Other Profiles: Xbox: SargentLipton35
I hope they stay away from the Thalmor War. They should have at least had some closure in Skyrim, but nothing.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:11 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Skyrim
Other Profiles: MadBiker Wolf
If there is an Elder Scrolls VI, then it will probably be centered on the Akavir continent. Akavir has a landmass about the same size as Tameriel, so it will be easy to make an "epic" number of locations, add-ons, DLCs, etc. All of Tameriel and most, if not all, of the Lore has been filled out already by previous games. It would make sense to fill in the missing pieces of history by telling the story of local events in other parts of Nirn.

I don't think that there will be a TES6, though. Bethesda has tapped into the World of Warcraft mindset with Elder Scrolls Online and they won't go back to solitary game play in any major fashion other than add-ons for Skyrim. That is, if ESO does well past the initial launch and fan-boi buying. (This term isn't a flame on fans; it's a term used to describe the initial/immediate purchase of a new item by those that are hardcore enthusiasts as opposed to first-time purchasers.)

There is also the possibility that the next TES will be a revamped Arena, since Bethesda registered for a "M" rating in Australia this last April. An article I found suggested perhaps a HD version or iOS version.

I'm willing to beat my beloved Daedric Sword of Storms that TES will focus on MMO from now on.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:27 pm 
Champion
Champion

Platform: PC (Morrowind, Oblivion) PS3 (Skyrim)
Bethesda are not making TES Online, Zenimax are. So if Bethesda stop making single player games they will go out of business. And I don't believe they will go to Akavir yet, there are so many unexplored areas in Tamriel. Orsinium, Summerset, Argonian culture, Imga, Valenwood and many other locations and areas of lore are left empty, ready to be explored by further games. Honestly, Beth shouldn't go to Akavir until every province has been featured in a game. Even then maybe not, Akavir should remain a mystery, like the dwemer.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:42 pm 
Novice
Novice

Why do people have to be such buzzkills with not wanting to find out tje mysteries of the Dwemer or not wanting to explore Akavir? Its stupid! Ask yourselves. What would the world be like if no one ever had the balls to explre new lands or go into space? I will never understand how people can just sot back with the attitude of "just leave everthing to mystery".

As for the topic of the conversation, I am certain tjat there will be a TES VI. Why wouldn't there be? Skyrim was so widely accepted among old fans of the series and they introduced the series to a whole new crop of fans. So I'm 100% sure that they will try to milk TES for as long as they can. Which will probally be quite a while.
Plus, they will probally try to make it 100% better than Skyrim, as is the trend with TES games. Making the newest better than the last.

Last edited by The Dread Lord on Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:04 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:46 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyim, Morrowind, Oblivion
Platform: Xbox 360
It's mostly that the mystery of the dwemer and the lore of a place we've never been to is far more interesting than spoiling it by actually going to said place or knowing what happened to the dwemer. It's the mystery of what we don't know that excites us, I wouldn't call it a buzzkill.

To denounce the evils of truth and love.
Until our post count reaches the stars above.

Spoiler:
Musicman247 wrote:
I don't suck, I blow.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:48 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Other Profiles: discord: @inr#2535
UESPoints: 10
Those new lands we explored were a lot more exciting before we decided to explore them, basically.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:20 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Elsweyr-Valenwood would be cool - it would be good to see the Khajiit get some love, plus it'd be awesome to have a city in a moving tree.
What I would like to see is rival factions, rival thieves guilds possibly - I think it would make for an interesting questline with a lot of possibilities.