Switch to full style
For those topics that just don't fit anywhere else
Post a reply

Which race would you choose to play out of the six?

Tsaesci
16%
Ka Po' Tun
22%
Kamal
6%
Tang Mo
10%
Maormer
32%
Sload
14%

Total votes : 50

Akavir/Misc. Race Poll

Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:01 am

Playing off the recent April Fools joke, why not ask the following:

Which race, of the following, would you choose to play (if they were the only six available): Tsaesci, Ka Po' Tun, Kamal, Tang Mo, Maormer, or Sload?

My pick would probably the Kamal. There's something satisfying about the idea of walking around as a Yetti-like snow demon. Lore-wise, they're the most interesting to me, too--they scorched a path through Skyrim and were only stopped by the combined might of Almalexia and the Underking. Kinda badass, eh?

Anyhow, close second, for me, are the Tsaesci.

Re: Akavir/Misc. Race Poll

Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:16 am

Probably the Maomer. If we had a definitive answer on what the tsaesci looked like I might choose them, but as is, I have to go with the elves of the group.

Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:39 am

I was tempted with Maormer, but I doubt we'd be able to ride awesome-ass sea-dragons.

Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:41 am

You can always hope. :D

Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:53 am

I like to keep the akavir races separate from the lesser. I say this because the sload, maomer, and Imga are in their own, excluding extinct races though I would love to play as an Ayleid or Kothringi. All that aside, I have to side with the Ka Po' Tun because they would seem to play out quiet well and not be so drastic. I would pick the dov.. but they no on poll..

Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:54 am

Definitely the Kamal, in a story I had planned I pictured them as TES's version of Satyrs

Ka Po' Tun is the runner-up, I'm not interested in maybe-snake-people, water elves, monkeys, or giant slugs

Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:53 am

Kamal, first and Tsaesci, second. My roleplay is that he/she is raised by humans or elves and hate their own kind. In the end they'll fall in love with a man/mer and try to create a new species.

Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:00 am

So far, out of the handful that have voted, no one wants to be a monkey/ape? Or at least, not as a first choice?

all_freed wrote:Kamal, first and Tsaesci, second. My roleplay is that he/she is raised by humans or elves and hate their own kind. In the end they'll fall in love with a man/mer and try to create a new species.

Mmm..Bestiality..sorta. Wouldn't recommend it with the Ka Po' Tun (if you're female, I mean).

Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:47 pm

Definitely the Tsaesci. They're credited with having given the Imperials a great deal of influence, and they also left, I think, one of the biggest marks on the history compared to the other options by serving as Potentates. Plus, they're just tough all around, and I like tough guys.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:28 am

No questions, Sload. First necromancy is my favourite form of magic is TES, and the whole no emotions thing would be a fun roleplay, always being cool and calculated, never losing your temper. Plus it would be different to nearly every game around, name me three video games with an overweight protaganist. But the only way sloads could be playable is by Bethesda breaking their own lore, becuase Sload are so fat they have to teleport everywhere, they cannot walk. I would enjoy it though if Bethesda added a bit more information/lore about the Sload into their next games, maybe even one we can talk to in an actual numbered TES game, not a spin off.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:20 am

Mr.Argonian wrote:...name me three video games with an overweight protaganist.

1) Heavy Rain (Scott Shelby)
2) Kirby (Kirby)
3) Kung Fu Panda (Po)

:D

Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:40 am

Ka Po' Tun, probably. Really want to know more about them and their culture. Second choices would be Tsaesci or Sload.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:34 pm

Part of me would be interested in finding out about the Lefthanded elves as well...
Spoiler:
House of the Wolf wrote:1) Heavy Rain (Scott Shelby)

*Cough*

Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:04 pm

Chaos the N'wah wrote:
Spoiler:
House of the Wolf wrote:1) Heavy Rain (Scott Shelby)

*Cough*

Asthma?

Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:40 pm

my choice is for one thing immortality and take king oghmar (spelled wrong?) down

Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:05 pm

Mr.Argonian wrote:No questions, Sload. First necromancy is my favourite form of magic is TES, and the whole no emotions thing would be a fun roleplay, always being cool and calculated, never losing your temper. Plus it would be different to nearly every game around, name me three video games with an overweight protaganist. But the only way sloads could be playable is by Bethesda breaking their own lore, becuase Sload are so fat they have to teleport everywhere, they cannot walk. I would enjoy it though if Bethesda added a bit more information/lore about the Sload into their next games, maybe even one we can talk to in an actual numbered TES game, not a spin off.

Yeah, I picked Sload for smiler reasons.

Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:34 pm

hmmm I would have to go with Kamal or Ka Po' Tun because snow demons would be great destructive mages with all of that ice power and Ka Po' Tun because trying to turn into a dragon with tiger colors is p. cool.
It would be cool to play as an Aureal though.

Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:34 am

The maormer are definitely cool. I'd love to be a fishy-elf.

But... the vote goes to the sload. I love magic-users, I love beast races, I love the fact that a sload would be fun for role-playing. I love the fact that the closest word for "adventure" in the sload language is "tragic disaster." Who can resist that kind of personality?

Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:07 pm

I chose Tang Mo because

1 - Monkey people are awesome.

2 - They're the most sympathetic and humanlike of the Akaviri beast races.

3 - They remind me of this dude.

Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:57 pm

Moarmer for sure out of that list. Also I really like the Kothringi.

Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:57 am

I love the elder scrolls games and after they make online i think they should make a single player game in akavir just to change things up, i have to say i think it would be really sick to travel to an entire new continent and be able to play as all new races. And if i had to choose out of these 6 it would be the monkey people but i dont know if it would be my final because i dont if there is any other races not listed.

Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:06 pm

For those people advocating the Tsaesci not to be the buzzkill, but we're All on the same page of them being men, right?

So if youre drawn to them due to the whole snake vampire thing youre out of luck.

That being said you can take solace in them being badass men who have an unparalled mastery of practically all martial arts (in the literal sense be it bladed weaponry, Calvary, etc.) and the Thu'um

Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:48 am

I like playing as Argonians. Tsaesci would be my choice, as they are also reptilians.

Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:12 am

Jeelius-Tei wrote:I like playing as Argonians. Tsaesci would be my choice, as they are also reptilians.

Um, did you see the post above you? ;)

Da_BossMaN69 wrote:For those people advocating the Tsaesci not to be the buzzkill, but we're All on the same page of them being men, right?

So if youre drawn to them due to the whole snake vampire thing youre out of luck.

Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:08 pm

Moarmer, despite the fact that they're elves and I don't like elves, they appear to be some sort of tropical ancient Greeks, so I'm all for that.

Also I really don't know much about the Akavir folks so I can't really make a good judgement as to how interesting they are. Right now all I know are some generic Asian things and a few interesting details; I'm sure the devs would flesh Akavir out if given the opportunity, but for now I'm not too interested in them.
Post a reply