UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:30 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Who was your first character ever?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:18 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Oblivion (SI), Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360
UESPoints: 0
Street_Assassin wrote:
I'm surprised u guys don't name your characters after yourself, I mean when I role play I'm playing as myself so everything I do in the game is as I would do in real life lol

Keon was an Imperial, focus on blade, heavy armor, armorer, block. those were the skills i used the most:P

My first character was in Oblivion I named it Keon (My real name is Koen) so i name my characters after my, atleast the first one:P And yeah my first PC was pretty messed up mainly because I didn't focus on one playstyle this ruind my stats. :P:P

After a while i got bored and sold Oblivion ta a friend never did something I regret more in my gaming life:P So I recently bought Obilvion again but now with KotN and SI.
On this my characters name is Keon The Brave, just added a few things :P

Could you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can? - Sun Tzu

Hidden:
ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:47 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
UESPoints: 14
My first character was in Skyrim, a Nord named after myself (Noah). I did the main quest and the four major guild questlines with him, plus the Civil War (sided with the Empire) and Dawnguard main quest (sided with the Dawnguard). Obviously, this was before I started roleplaying my characters. Unfortunately, I fell into a heavy reliance on the tedious and cheap sneak+archery tactic, and so I never played through Dragonborn with him and haven't used him for about a year now.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:48 am 
Champion
Champion

Platform: PC (Morrowind, Oblivion) PS3 (Skyrim)
First character ever was Drahs-Zeir, an Argonian assassin, but I started using magic cause I thought it was better, and only used daggers, because I thought assassins weren't allowed to use swords. I think he lasted four hours before I started a new character.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:24 am 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

Platform: Xbox
Other Profiles: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
UESPoints: 14
EpicAbrad wrote:
My first character was in Skyrim, a Nord named after myself (Noah). I did the main quest and the four major guild questlines with him, plus the Civil War (sided with the Empire) and Dawnguard main quest (sided with the Dawnguard). Obviously, this was before I started roleplaying my characters. Unfortunately, I fell into a heavy reliance on the tedious and cheap sneak+archery tactic, and so I never played through Dragonborn with him and haven't used him for about a year now.
I see the issue with sneak and archery. My only character in skyrim does so all the time when in dungeons, and it's the funnest I get to have. It's easy to pop shot a foe with an instant kill, it's another when your selectively picking them off.. positioning yourself just right, and knowing when to strike or simply ease by :mrgreen: I use to all the time tank through with all my prior characters in earlier installments, but it's funner when you actually challenge yourself.

While to address the topic at hand, I really should revisit my old saves and bath in the nostalgia.. though I doubt I could resume the same play style.. aside from thieving and being the best dam merchant before I hit Lv 5 :D I swear last I remembered I had far better gear than i could actually use before I fought my first scrib :oops:

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:59 pm 
Warder
Warder

Platform: PC (Morrowind, Oblivion), X360 (Skyrim)
An Imperial male in Morrowind. He was based on the 19th century American mountain man or similar archetypes - someone tired of society who wants to live in and explore the wilderness. He was intended to be a practice character - I didn't know anything about the game other than the words on the box and in the instruction manual, and had never played an RPG of any kind before. But I played this character for a couple of weeks (maybe 40-50 hours?) as a free-form explorer - he didn't join any factions. I think his name was Jerry, but it might have been Bill or Dave. He remains my only male character in a TES game, although I think my next Skyrim character will be male.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:27 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

UESPoints: 6
Fang (very creative name), a male Argonian assassin/agent from Oblivion. He had a ridiculous amount of gold, but horrible skills because:

(1): I was a cheater, cheater, pumpkin [&@%!] face, who used God Mode, and added gold with the console/sold stuff.

And (2): My old computer couldn't handle outside worldspaces, causing the game to crash. I fixed it somewhat by turning of grass and trees, but by that time, my best skills were Speechcraft, Mercantile, a bit of Sneak, and a dashGettit? of Athletics and some Acrobatics.

Still, I got pretty attached to him, which is why I start every TES game with a male Argonian. (Except for Arena and Daggerfall, but screw those games.)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:23 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

Platform: PC
A male Breton Nightblade, his name was my own name in real life. Don't know any much about him besides that.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:11 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
Other Profiles: Xbox: SargentLipton35
I believe my first character was an Argonian in Morrowind named Shadow. (real creative.) The Beast race looked cool to me, so I played as it. He was more of a practice character, reaching about level 20. My first "true" character was a Dunmer, I believe I named him Indoril Nevervar. That character got to about level 40, and he did a lot of things in the game, so I guess that was my real first character.

When I picked up Oblivion, the first race I did was either Argonian or Imperial, but I think the Imperial stuck around. I did everything on that character, was an obsessive hoarder.

Skyrim, I started out as a male Nord named Leif Ericsson. I was pretty much a standard berzerker, but I had fun on him, getting him to about level 30.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:54 am 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind (GOTY), Oblivion (GOTY), Skyrim (Legendary)
Platform: Xbox, Xbox 360
I made a Bosmer girl on my friend's ps3. XD I think her name was Elanore or something close to that. I never got very far with her obviously, but hey. :P With the same friend I made a breton as my second character, though I can't remember her name for the life of me. Both had custom classes if I remember right; they where both probably a mix of magic and stealth.

When I got Oblivion for the xbox 360 my first character was a high elf named Senna, though. I got a bit into the game with her, but I ended up having different characters which endured more, like my dunmer named Joan...Not a very appropriate name for a dark elf I guess lol, but I wanted a character named Joan and I wanted her to be a battlemage (more or less), and I didn't want the Breton female penalty to strength. XD

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:04 am 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Arena, Skyrim
Other Profiles: steam: rcgni2003
I don't remember the Oblivion character I made, but my first /first/ character was a Khajiit named Yukiko and I was determined to make her a kawaii catgirl for some reason. I didn't even make it out of Helgen because the way my desktop was set up made it impossible to play.

t̉ͫ̇o̼͕͍o̖̜̙͓̭͐́ͥ̈́ͅ ̭̠ͬmͥ̆u̗͍͔̪̓ͩͯ̊c͈͚̥̞̯͈ͬ̌h̥͚̄ͤ̂ͭ̐ͦ ̭͇ͥͣͦs̗͖̪̲̳̾͑u̫̣̯͚͓͍̝̐̍g̖̣̅̋a̞̲̥̦͎̳̣̾̈́r͔̘̩ ̊ͯͣr̪͊̂ͬȯ̙̃ͤ͌͆̈̊ͅt͇͖̍̈s̟̩̩͓̻̜͛̽ͣ͒͛ͪ̚ ͍̖͓̝͚̗ͦ̑́ͫ̄̌̄ͅt͖͚̮̒̉̂̒ͨh̐̀ͥͬẹ̙̰̹̤̀ͩ̍ͦ̾ͧ͊ ̊͐s̟̹̼ͯ̀̀͌̌ͯ̚ͅo̭̻̥̜̲͙̻͋̓̂u̥̩̥l͖̟̝͎̓̽͛

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:49 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Arena (PC), Daggerfall (PC), Morrowind GOTY (PC), Oblivion GOTY (X360), Skyrim (X360)
Platform: PC, Xbox 360
My first character was in Morrowind, he was a wood elf named Lotafy.
Focusing mainly on arching. Didn't get very far with him though I had a steep learning curve when first playing Morrowind so I restarted after a while.

Post subject: Re: Afterlife in the Elder Scrolls Universe
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:18 am 
Layman
Layman

My first was a Khajiit thief/assassin in Oblivion. He used daggers, never got caught even when he was thwacking away at people repeatedly, and had a impossible to pronounce name.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:18 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

My first ever character was an Imperial warrior in Morrowind who I called Tomasso del Searlinho, because I liked the thought of an Italian switch to my own name. He got as far as Balmora before I decided I wanted an Argonian because I thought gameplay would be better with a race that was hated in the area, I was wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:58 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
This was back in 1998, so I don't remember the details that well. Anyway, I made my first character for Daggerfall. What I do remember was that the character was a male Nord, named Karl the Killer or something equally cheesy. For his face I chose the option the expression of which is so deadpan he looks stoned. His primary and main skills were Long Blade, Axe, Jumping, Lockpicking, Etiquette and one or two monster languages which proved to be totally useless. I took some random advantages and disadvantages for him, too, without really understanding what they were. Basically, the character was a horrid mess from the get-go.

Nowadays I wouldn't have the patience for the nightmarish trial-and-error death-fest that was Privateer's Hold the first time around. I even had to kill the imp in the last room with fists because I didn't know to get the silver dagger from the start questions. Then again, nowadays I could read the manual. But then I was 13 and could speak only very basic English. So, I had to learn even the controls the hard way.

Then, I finally got out of the dungeon after countless hours. I have never felt a greater sense of accomplishment from a game before or since, I think. After a bad start I got dozens of hours of playtime with that character. I went around slaying things willy-nilly and doing random quests I barely comprehended what they were about. I started the main quest, too, but let it be after getting hopelessly lost in the Scourg Barrow and getting back alive only just. After that I continued my random romp through the Iliac Bay states. Also, I realized only many, many hours into the game that the character rises in levels.

Ah, those were some fun times...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:35 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO
UESPoints: 2
First game was Morrowind, and I knew next to nothing about TES (I had a vague memory of being a small child watching my dad play Daggerfall. He was in some stone-walled dungeon fighting skeletons, and I was almost positive he was lost). I can almost guarantee I was a red-blond Nord at the time who relied on jumping along the roofs of Balmora, a sword, and sneaking because I was terrified of everything. And I was so lost and wouldn't discover UESP for a few years (I didn't search much for how-to's much then, just cheats :P)

And because I'd also gotten Baldur's Gate: Shadows of Amn around the same time, I can guess that my Nord was named Sorina or Sarora since I had similarily named characters in Baldur's Gate at the time.

Beyond that, well, I've usually played Nords as my first time through, both in Oblivion and Skyrim. I collected everything at least once if it ain't nailed down, refuse to pass by a new book, and relied very heavily on sneak and archery.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:29 pm 
Associate
Associate

My try out Nord for Skyrim named Sigbold (reason for my forumname ;)). Basically a warrior who swung a soultrapping war hammer he bought from a Khajit and [&@%!] steel plate. I stopped playing after the Dark Brotherhood got their new hide out. never finished the main quest with him. Did finish the civil war in favor of the stormcloaks, college quest (
Spoiler:
did not like the fact that I had to join in order to finish lost legends
) alto I mostly used Ulfric's anti-mage I got from him when dealing with spell casters. And his opinion of non-Nords was in line with that shopkeeper in Falkreach.

I imagine he just rode of in the sun set with Shadow Mere and was never heard from again.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:28 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PS3 PS4
Other Profiles: BuzBee3(PSN)
Oblivion; I chose a Dark Elf female, 1H+block, mage after awhile. Could absolutely NOT get the hang of the bow. Loved the bright blue skin. Now they are too ugly for me to consider as my character. No offense.
The first time someone refered to "me" as a Dunmer, I thought how RUDE [&@%!] called me a DUMNER. (I had no idea about the race name) Still think it is quite racist to be called by your race.
Hey you, cracker (or insert race here) unnerving. But I digress.
Had lots of fun with her and her fire magic, I will edit post the name if I can remember it.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 2:03 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: Oblivion, Arena, Skyrim, ESO
My first game was Oblivion GOTY.

My technical first was a Khajiit pale-blue as the frost on the plains of Skyrim. I don't remember his name as I deleted him almost before being taunted by the Dunmer opposite my cell.
My first played through character was an Argonian heavy armoured, tanky thief (I didn't know what I was doing lol) named Kyyl-Zeeus or something. He accomplished everything except the fighter's guild and mages guild.
Later, I tried a red orc and completed the fighters, mages, and mythic dawn questlines.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:38 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

My first ever character, I hesitate to call my own because he was almost entirely made for me by my brother who had no idea what I wanted to play as and just made what he though might be cool, so i'm going to list my first and second since the second was the first character that was truly mine.

The first one made for me was an Argonian named Zero who specialized in long blade as well as light armor and speech craft. I played him for all of about 4 levels before I decided my brother didn't know anything about how I wanted to play the game.

Second character was also an Argonian named Zero (he did get that part right I guess). But instead of specializing in light armor and long blade he used a spear and medium armor and used destruction spells to take out targets from afar. He joined house Redoran and quickly became its leader.