UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:54 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Who was your first character ever?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:33 pm 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox
Other Profiles: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
UESPoints: 14
^that's debatable on many grounds. In fact the dunmer overall seem to be the most popular. Most people dislike altmer npc's as well>_> which follows the trend set in lore as well.
As for people who pick human races, it's either because they feel more attached or the traits

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:41 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, Morrowind
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 7
Isabel of Alinor wrote:
Altmer as in always a altmer. Why would anyone want to play a human race in a fantasy game? just seems silly and besides altmer are the superior race.

I have an Altmer, a Bosmer and an Imperial. They're all fun to play. It just depends on your build/character's personality. Not the race necessarily.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:42 pm 
Novice
Novice

Platform: PC, Xbox 360
UESPoints: 0
For me it's because my character is my avatar in Tamriel and I am, obviously, human.

He even looks like me. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:45 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Oblivion GOTY, Morrowind GOTY, Skyrim Legendary Edition, ESO: Tamriel Unlimited
Other Profiles: USRailFan (Steam)
UESPoints: 1
There's no character, even in Skyrim, ugly enough to be believable as an avatar of me... :-/

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:17 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PS3
Other Profiles: Jamieka
sorry if i offended anyone i just didnt understand

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:16 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

My first character was an amnesiac so she would be just as clueless about Cyrodiil as I was, and we could learn about it together. More fun than it sounds. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:32 am 
Initiate
Initiate

Platform: Xbox, Xbox 360
Other Profiles: Xboxlive: a1337hero
My first ES game was Morrowind and my first character was an Argonian because I scrolled all the way up to the top of the race list and I didn't know how to go back down XD.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:57 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Mine was a male dunmer in TES III: Morrowind by the name of "AAAAAA" (original, I know). I didn't even bother to change his appearance or take time to carefully choose class and birthsign. I just wanted to get into the game. As soon as he got out of the census office, he stabbed the first person in sight, which I believe was Fargoth. Needless to say, it didn't take long until the whole town of Seyda Neen ganged up and beat the [&@%!] out of my character until he was no more.

Worst playthrough ever! But hey, it was my first real cRPG-experience and even though it went terrible, I was hooked.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 4:29 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim, and Morrowind
Platform: PC and PS3
My first character was in Oblivion, an Imperial named Caesar.

If I recall correctly, these were his major skills:
Acrobatics
Athletics
Blade
Destruction
Mysticism
Restoration
Stealth

Pro-Imperial/Pro-Parthurnaax
Anti-Thalmor/Anti-Stormcloak/Anti-Blades

Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:03 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

First character was a khajiit in morrowind. played only long enough to realize I couldn't wear boots of a helm and remade myself into a Dunmer names Saryoni Serethi. Thought myself so clever too :lol:

Fast Forward 10 years and... yeah.... two famous Dunmer last names

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:59 pm 
Warder
Warder

My first character was Linkuya the nord, on Skyrim. He also has no beard.
I love the nords, my first and main file on each ES game is a nord.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 2:11 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim
Platform: PS3, PC
He was a Breton in Oblivion. And without a doubt he was the ugliest [&@%!] I have ever seen in my life. It looked like one of those people who inject silicone into their foreheads to inflate them.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 2:43 pm 
Warder
Warder

Mucro wrote:
He was a Breton in Oblivion. And without a doubt he was the ugliest [&@%!] I have ever seen in my life. It looked like one of those people who inject silicone into their foreheads to inflate them.

Pics?
Though I'm scared to see it...

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 6:30 pm 
Associate
Associate

A Bosmer Archer assasin named Niccolo Machiavelli, he roamed throught the capital causing chaos everywhere because the friend of mine who got me into oblivion told me i could kill anybody i felt like killing

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:23 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC, PS3
Other Profiles: Drayvon0
My first character is an Imperial named Drayvon in Oblivion, His class is a Death mage (costum class I made up) and his Birthsign is the Ritual. I always use this character in Every Elder Scrolls game i've played so far.
Major skills-
Disturction
Conjuration
Alteration
Mysticism
Blade
Marksman
Heavy Armor

Birth sign: The Ritual
Birthplace: The Imperial City
Fraction: The Imperial Legion, The Mages Guild, Dark Brotherhood

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:15 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: 1 to 5 of the main series, none of the spinoffs
Platform: xbox 360 skyrim, all else pc
Other Profiles: Steam: Dovawolf
My first was an imperial called markus, he was a pit dog, associate of the mages and fighters guild, but died in the kvatch oblivion gate, started a new guy after that because he was terrible. Oh and he was in oblivion, I've gone all the way back to arena since them

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:34 pm 
Warder
Warder

A mage, I think; Telvanni-inclined. Certainly he had a high Alchemy skill. It amused me greatly that you could create potions of levitation and chain quaff them to fly from place to place in Morrowind.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:39 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Morrowind ,Oblivering Knights, Skydawnfireborn
Platform: Xbox 360 (Skyrim) PC (Oblivion)
Other Profiles: Cereal Killer (Steam)
My first character that i actually remember was James, a Redguard in oblivion. He fell victim to the games' terrible levelling system and I started over when i was getting one-hitted by animals at level 50.

*Not relevant to the thread, but my next character, a super-powerful 5/5/5 levelled Altmer spellsword fell victim to A-BOMB.
Needless to say Oblivion is still my favorite.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:10 pm 
Modern Major General
Modern Major General

ES Games: Oblivn Goy, Morrwnd, Skrim
Other Profiles: Steam: The_Nanza
UESPoints: 8
When I played Oblivion for the first time, I created an Argonian named Dennis of Edinburgh.
He went on many adventures and ended up being the leader of pretty much every faction in Cyrodiil.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:17 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

My first character ever was in Morrowind, a female Breton named Wendys who was heavy on mage skills. My clearest gameplay memory of TES III is still freeing all the slaves at Dren Plantation and then levitating around while I blasted the guards with lightning. That and long jumping all the way from Vvardenfell to Solstheim.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:34 am 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
My first character i think was an argonian mage in morrowind before i even knew anything about the game. Only picked Argonian because i thought it was really cool to play a lizard-man. I remember grabbing a claymore for him and wondering why he could never hit anything with it XD . Made it as far as Balmora, after many deaths, before scrapping him.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:57 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim, TES:O
Platform: PC (ESO), Xbox 360 (Oblivion, Skyrim)
Other Profiles: baratrongirl (Xbox Live)
Alarra wrote:
I remember that I thought my character would find stuff like pots and baskets useful, so I collected absolutely everything at the start, and I didn't know about "wait" or "fast travel", so my first few game days went really really slowly. (And I made at least three or four trips from Bleak Falls Barrow, overcumbered and moving at a snail's pace.

Oh gods, this is all so familiar. I still get teased about all the brooms I collected. This may have been me. Fortunately, I found the UESP wiki pretty quickly.

Linkuya wrote:
My first character was Linkuya the nord, on Skyrim. He also has no beard.

SACRILEGE! :shock:

My first character was a Breton in Skyrim called... Prisoner! Look, it was the Christmas holiday of 2011, I had rented Skyrim to see if it was the sort of game I'd like, and I was playing it while my then-boyfriend-now-husband and our two best friends were in the room watching. The three of them torment me mercilessly about the amount of time I spend in character creation screens, so I didn't spend as long on her as I might have wanted to if I'd known what I was doing. By the time I found out you couldn't change your name later, I was 2 hours into the game and thought that was far too much time to waste. Little did I know that I would, in fact, spend over 1000 hours of my life on Skyrim :D.

She looks very very vaguely like me - she has the darkest brown hair in a long style, brown eyes, and either the darkest or second darkest skin tone available to Bretons. (I think of myself as a sort of golden brown, although I'm actually only that colour in the summer). She's also plump. (You can't make properly fat characters in Skyrim, they get muscle instead, so she's about 3/4 of the maximum weight). I am totally spacing on whether you can adjust height in Skyrim - if you can, she's as short as it's possible to get.

She is Arch-Mage and Harbinger, goes nowhere near the Thieves Guild, and has destroyed the Dark Brotherhood. She has no opinion on the Civil War and has helped neither side. Like all my characters, she is a spellsword - spell in left hand, weapon in right.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:27 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim, Morrowind
My first character ever in any TES game, was Derpy-Dinosaur in Skyrim. Yes that is a horrible name, but I didn't know any Argonian names at the time, and I thought he looked derpy, because I messed up the colors on him, and he was basically a hideous rainbow. He was a full mage, who at level 30, still spammed ice spikes, and often had to flee because he was too weak to fight. He only ever upgraded magicka (Oblivion's leveling is better because you can get all three Health Magicka Stamina) and never health, but later stamina (he found a glass sword, and he liked how it looked, and thought leveling stamina was good for swordsmen). His ass was almost always saved by histskin, because he never used potions or restoration magic, only destruction. Which reminds me, Oblivion's magic was much stronger than Skyrim's. Nice job improving the magic system Bethesda...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:34 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO, Legends, Blades
Platform: PC, PS4, PS5, XSX
UESPoints: 5
This will be a bit of a nostalgia trip for sure, so why not. My first Elder Scrolls game was Oblivion. It was the PS3 version and I was at a friend's house. Based on limited knowledge of gameplay and absolutely no knowledge of the franchise's lore, I chose a male Altmer as my first character, and speced him as what would be described as a warrior, although with a side of the more 'useful' magic schools (to my unenlightened eyes, Restoration and Destruction). My younger brother was also present, and I have him to thank for the character's name, Postot. Needless to say, that wasn't a character I took very far, but those were a few fun hours on the beginning of a long journey spanning countless hours and numerous other characters.

That same friend actually gifted me a copy of Oblivion for the PC because he couldn't run it on his and had bought the PS3 version anyway. I then ended up taking it and running with it, and am by far the more TES-obsessed of the two of us now, having played all 5 of the main titles, to his Oblivion and Skyrim (I introduced him to Morrowind, but he never really got into it).

Isabel of Alinor wrote:
Altmer as in always a altmer. Why would anyone want to play a human race in a fantasy game?

My thoughts at the time exactly. I was torn between Altmer and Dunmer, and almost went Dunmer, before succumbing to the more conventional, less-Drow, Altmer variant.

Beginner's Guide to Morrowind

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:52 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
My first character was a Nord Warrior in Arena. Yes, I started TES from the beginning with this free-to-download game just a few years ago ago. He promptly died to the first rat because I couldn't figure out how to attack.

I had this theme going where I tried out every TES title with a character native to the game's area, with a typical pre-made class and with a stereotypical name from a similar real world culture (from what little I knew the about Tamriel back then). Of course, Arena takes place in every province but I chose Nord because of the Skyrim hype at the time (plus I'm kind of a Nord myself).

Arena: Torvald (Nordic), a Nord Warrior, went through a good chunk of the game.
Daggerfall: Harold (English), a Breton Mage, got out of the starter dungeon and visited a few towns.
Morrowind: Hiro (Japanese), a Dark Elf Assassin, did a few thieves guild quests.
Oblivion: Julius (Roman), an Imperial Knight, visited most of Cyrodiil.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next