UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:27 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Who was your first character ever?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:41 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Skyrim
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 0
I'm not sure if there is a threat like this (probably is), but who was your first character ever that you created first time u got an Elder Scroll game?
I mean even the one you completely messed up cuz u had no idea how the game works yet.
I feel like that would be the truest character by instinct that would really resemble the style of your true game play.

My first elder scroll series was Skyrim but i saw friends playing Oblivion but never played it myself.
So my first character was Imperial (lured me cuz of extra coins the race finds,Imperial Luck) and he was wielding dual weapons with no smithing,enchanting or alchemy skills. Didn't like bow or sneak at frst. I was using mostly one and two handed weapons and restoration with little bit of destruction. Later on when i found out how the game works and started understanding it, i created new character which was Nord,and been stuck with human race since,with occasional Mer or beast race. But never played more than few minutes with them lol.So yea.

Who was your first character ever?

Post subject: Re: Who was your first character ever?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:17 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO
Platform: PC, PS4/3, Xbone
My very first character was a dunmer female for the PS3 version of Oblivion that I got shortly after the Game of the Year version came out.
The first thing I tried to do after getting out of the tutorial dungeon was check out the imperial city, and ended up totally confused.

I ignored the game until I heard that Skyrim was coming out, and that Mods were a Thing. That reminded me of Oblivion so I decided to get a PC version of the game and figure things out. That's what led me to UESP. I've since gotten my hands on Morrowind and Skyrim as well, and I have yet to finish any of them.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:19 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Redo, a Redguard thief and assassin. Redo has made an appearance in every form of game like this that I've played going back to first edition D&D. He's been to Middle Earth, the Pathfinder series, the Forgotten Realms and several others. He was the first and is now retired from Skyrim. The last action he saw was when I purchased Hearthfire and I wanted to see what it was all about. He had the coin to spare and the idea of moving him to a big comfy house instead of living in Riften seemed appropriate for retirement.

He now lives the quiet life with his ebony princess, Jenassa.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:23 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: All of them!
UESPoints: 5
Moving to TES-General. There are other subforums outside of Skyrim, you know. ;)

My first character was Hadrian, a Nord who found himself in Morrowind. It was my first TES game and the fondest of memories I have in the series. Many other characters have since come and gone, but Hadrian will always remain as my very first.

"[...] for the lives of gods are not what mortals think and matters that weigh only years to mortals weigh on gods forever."
The Tribunal Temple, Nerevar at Red Mountain

Find the S'wit:
ESO PC-NA: @Avron | Legends: nosoundcomes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:28 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim (DG, HF, DB)
Platform: Xbox 360
Other Profiles: XBL: ZackyZombify
My first ES character was a Bosmer named Shadowstep. The Bosmer interested me for they're marksmanship. In any game I tend to keep a distance. Honestly, I'm one of the best gamer snipers in the US maybe the world but idk. And playing runescape and lotr games I always used a bow so I always stick with it. This character will remain my first and only since I haven't remade him.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:32 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, Morrowind
UESPoints: 7
My first character was Sylvia, an Altmer female in Skyrim. Being my first ES game, I didn't know the operations of it all so she was my guinea pig. Did mq, Thieve's guild, Mage's Guild with her. She was a mixture of all my 3 characters now pretty much: sneaky, fireball casting, archer. I got her to level 44 and from that, Sylmirie (my favorite Altmer mage) was created. Her personality was pretty much like Sylmirie's so I joke that in reality, Sylmirie has existed since the beginning of time. :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:34 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrobloodtribunal, Oblivering Knights, Skydawnfireborn
UESPoints: 2
Finn Wolfshorn (bet you didn't see that coming :wink: ), Nord Barbarian back in Morrowind. Rose quickly through the ranks of the Fighters Guild, swapped his battleaxe for Umbra about halfway through, was shock-awed into joining House Telvanni at his first visit to Sadrith Mora and turned into something resembling a Battlemage, all the while coming to terms with being Nerevar reborn and becoming Hortator and what not. Those were the days...

Jeder sollte einmal reisen in das schöne Vvardenfell!

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:38 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: Oblivion, Morrowind, Skyrim
Other Profiles: Teh Time Rider
My first was a Khajiit thief/assassin in Oblivion. He used daggers, never got caught even when he was thwacking away at people repeatedly, and had a impossible to pronounce name.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:39 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Avron the S'wit wrote:
Moving to TES-General. There are other subforums outside of Skyrim, you know. ;)

Sorry I have Skyrim sub-forum bookmarked so I didn't realized until it was too late lol :|

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:43 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, Morrowind
UESPoints: 7
Teh Time Rider wrote:
My first was a Khajiit thief/assassin in Oblivion. He used daggers, never got caught even when he was thwacking away at people repeatedly, and had a impossible to pronounce name.

I want to know what this Khajit's name was!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:45 pm 
Mod On Leave
Mod On Leave

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox, PC, STD
Other Profiles: Gamertag: MightyGo0dLeadr
UESPoints: 15
I don't remember his name, but my first character was a bald Breton mage in Morrowind who became Arch-Mage and then did nothing else.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:46 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox, xbox 360
Other Profiles: Long Quan
Merlin. Hey, what can I say, I wasn't that original then, lol. The game was Morrowind, he was a breton, and I just wanted to make a bad ass wizard. After over a thousand hours of playing time with him, he was definately that. All that time, and he never became the Nerevarine. Oh well.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:55 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, all DLC, Oblivion, GoTY and aniversary, arena
Platform: X360/PC, X360/PC, PC.
UESPoints: 2
First character was for Skyrim on PS3, an Argonian, Vorcha-Zarr. Can't remember if it was a lore appropriate name or not now... He was a sword and shield light armour user. Who ran away from draugr, and never got any further than the chamber after Avrel the S'wit in Bleak Falls Barrow. Sadly, I only got a few hours in with him, as I had to go back to Uni.

The next week, on Xbox 360 now, I started him up again, but it wasn't the same, and I wanted to try out magic. looked through the stats, and the Altmer looked like the best starting point for a mage. Fell in love with the first female preset immediately, and named her Jennifere.

Been playing her ever since, over 7 iiterations now. Had two max out all their skills, 4 were just mess around versions trying different ways of playing, ranging from Dawnguard as a vampire to a simple hair colour change, and the most recent is a PC version whose being played semi seriously, while trying out armour and clothing mods.

I'll do a definitive playthrough for her soon, hopefully without the use of player.additem f 10000 whenever needed/wanted...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:23 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: Arena; Daggerfall; Morrowind (Collector's Edition; GOTY); Oblivion (Collector's Edition; GOTY; GOTY Deluxe); Skyrim (Collector's Edition; Dawnguard; Dragonborn)
Platform: Xbox 360; PC
Other Profiles: Tikikata (Xbox Live; Steam); TheTigerOfKai (PSN)
My first character was a female Morrowind Argonian named Tiki. Morrowind was also my first Elder Scrolls game so I had no idea what I was getting myself into. xD

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:24 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim Legendary, ESO, Legends
Platform: PC, PS3
Other Profiles: Steam: Captain Mauin, ESO: @Mauin and @Merorzen, Legends: Mauin
UESPoints: 1
Off topic: This is the second time I'm going to try and say this. The first time, Firefox crashed. Do you have any idea how long it takes to find images that you took nearly a year ago? And then once you've found them all, your browser crashes before you can post what you were going to say? Yeah. I'm not too happy right now.

As I was saying, my first character was Mauin the Argonian. She was my test character for Skyrim (created on December 31, 2011 and lasted around 300 hours) and used mainly light armor and one-handed weapons. She started with a restoration spell in her left, and a blade in her right, but as she gained power, she switched to having a blade in both hands. Probably did most of the available quests.

She was recreated as Hunts-With-Fury, which is a much more fitting name. Even as the original character, she would stalk her prey relentlessly, and easily shredded whatever got in her path.

Of course, I did have other characters...
Jeila was my first Nord (and an ugly heavy armor user, too).
Lanari was my first Bosmer (and mainly a thief).
J'rani was my first Khajiit (and my first Vampire).
Vulom Staadnau was my first Dunmer and second Vampire. She was my first main roleplay and continues to this day. I doubt she will ever leave.
From-Blackest-Reaches... Isn't actually anything special. She just happened to be the second major roleplay. She is, however, one of my main characters and will remain that way.

Those are just my Skyrim characters.
Sahi Varutha was my first Oblivion character. She lasted around 100 hours before I got bored and deleted her. Completed the Main Quest, Dark Brotherhood, Shivering Isles, and Knights of the Nine.
Tanya Fathyron was my first Morrowind character and is still going today. I have yet to complete the main quest yet (almost there... I have to go and have a little chat with Vivec). She's got maybe 50 or so hours onto her (she might be around level 25 or 26, I don't really know). Maybe more. She's also started Bloodmoon and Tribunal.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:29 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: All of 'Em
Platform: PS4, PC
Other Profiles: PSN: Unionhack, Steam: Unionhack
UESPoints: 13
My first ever Elder Scrolls character was Tycane the Wood Elf, on Oblivion. He was of the 'Vigilante' class and he fought with a single 1H sword, wearing a mix of heavy and light armor until I decided that I liked leather armor the best for the looks. I don't have him anymore (he was on a friends' XBOX), but I did get to become the Grey Fox before I had to give the XBOX back.

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:56 pm 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

ES Games: I, II, III, IV, V. Once I caught a fish alive.
Platform: PC & Playstation
UESPoints: 20
I don't remember the name or the class (it was a user made class anyway) but it was a male Argonian in Oblivion. Didn't finish the main quest for like 18 months and it wasn't with the same character. It was like 8 characters down the line. My 1st on lasted about 2 weeks. The only questline I did in full was the arena. Other stuff kept distracting me. On top of that I didn't know that the game had manual save at that point so when I made a new character I lost the old one.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:58 pm 
Associate
Associate

Platform: Xbox 360
Other Profiles: GTOGreg
My first character was/is a High Elf I call Kyuss. I chose the high elf because the description said they are tall. After a while I happened into the quest where you have to get a new face in Riften and bulked him up a little. He looks really intimidating with a full set of Dadric armor.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:05 pm 
Undecided
Undecided

ES Games: Oblivion (SI); Skyrim (DB)
Platform: Steam, XBox
Other Profiles: DarkSpark135
UESPoints: 5
It was in Morrowind. I fell into character and chose a Dark Elf. I can't remember the name. But it was a Dark Elf because they're so cool.

Oh, you want the warts. In roleplaying parlance, we call them 'warts'. The mistakes we made when wading into a world we know so little about.

The Dark Elf was a spellsword. A combination of wizard and warrior. It was a holdover from my Diablo days when I fashioned Mini-Mages, Muscle-Mages, and Turtle-Mages (Rogue, Sorceror, and Warrior hybrids of magic and melee, respectively). I never did get very far in Morrowind, so I have little to tell there.

My first character in Oblivion was a Breton Healer. A Breton healer. I wanted to master Alchemy for my trade and Destruction magic for my defense. Trolls and mountain lions around Level 12 taught me that I wasn't making enough healing potions, nor my firebolt spells were going to be of much help.

I reverted to a spellsword. The oversized steak knife in my right hand solved many a problem.

Casandra: At the moment, the deadliest weapon at my disposal is a goblin's head on a stick. I'd be worried if this was the plan.

Last edited by Dark Spark on Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:30 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: I-V
Platform: PS3, PC
First ever? A Dark Elf with the coolest name ever: Mordyn Sarrio.
My first Arena and Daggerfall characters were named Logan, both Bretons.
My first Oblivion character had the trademarked Imperial Bendu Olo name.
My first Skyrim character was a Nord named Agnarf. He still continues to prey on Skyrim and thins out it's bandit population.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:41 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Oblivion, Morrowind, Skyrim
Platform: PS4, PS3, xbox 1, xbox 360, PC
a wood elf who got stuck in the map outside seyda neen at around level 1, and that was the end of him.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:24 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: ps3
My first Oblivion character was a dark elf that didn't even get 10 feet past the gate at the end of the tutorial. That's when I saw his color in decent light and decided against RPing a "battlesmurf".

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:32 pm 
Master
Master

ES Games: IV: GOTY, V: DG, HF, DB
Platform: PC (IV, V) & PS3 (V)
My first ever character was a Breton witch by the name of Fianna. (hence the username) . . I first became a TES fan with Skyrim, unlike most of you. She got to level 56 and to this day was my highest leveled character. I played her on the PS3. After her I was hooked on TES and bought Oblivion. One day I'll purchase Morrowind, but I have yet to tire (or even complete) of Skyrim, Oblivion and the respective DLCs.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:35 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm surprised u guys don't name your characters after yourself, I mean when I role play I'm playing as myself so everything I do in the game is as I would do in real life lol

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:37 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

My first character was a Khajiit in Morrowind named Element (I used to go by Elemental King in my younger years in gaming, don't miss the name)
He was a spellsword who cemented my love for the race and class

Many Dunmer and Breton characters followed after, but Element was always dear to me...the feeling was probably not mutual given all the experimenting he had to endure for a first play through of the game...