Switch to full style
Topic locked

Why were my threads locked?

Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:31 pm

And why was I issued a "board warning" for "hooliganism"? I [&@%!] thee not. Check this out:

Dark Lord Cam wrote:The following is a warning which has been issued to you by an administrator or moderator of this site.
For Hooliganism.

Last I checked, there was nothing in the board rules that prevented us from discussing moderating. Especially when such discussions were being done in a respectful, constructive manner, one which the community was vibing well with. Nor can I see why a thread on video game income redistribution should be locked... it may have been better moved to Multimedia or TES General, but locked? Come on.

I don't want this drama going on quietly, behind the scenes, because it's exactly the sort of thing I was worried was going to happen, and exactly the sort of thing I initiated a public discussion on moderating to try and prevent. Awareness is key! Until the forum rules are amended to explicitly ban discussions on such subjects, I see no reason why we can't continue. Do you?

I'm a pain in the ass. I'll freely admit that. I wouldn't be surprised if I've given the Thalmor more gray hairs than a weekend in a cliff racer nest. But I'm not breaking any rules here... and if this is now a forum where rules no longer matter, being replaced with snap judgements and the sudden whims of individuals in power, then this state of affairs needs to be acknowledged openly and publicly.

Re: Why were my threads locked?

Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:49 pm

DorostheConqueror wrote:Last I checked, there was nothing in the board rules that prevented us from discussing moderating. Especially when such discussions were being done in a respectful, constructive manner, one which the community was vibing well with. Nor can I see why a thread on video game income redistribution should be locked... it may have been better moved to Multimedia or TES General, but locked? Come on.

This first thread you started did not have responses aligned to the questions you posed. It was seen as a joke thread by a majority of the people who visited it, and so was considered spam.

The second thread was a very obvious attempt at having a debate about economic policy in the guise of discussing video game economies. This was very clearly against the new rules established saying we would not allow debates of a political nature to occur.

This thread is nothing but a personal attack on the actions of moderators.

If you have a problem with something we have done, send us a PM. We're pretty reasonable people.
Topic locked