Switch to full style
Topic locked

Re: New rules regarding the General Banter subforum

Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:42 am

Okay, first of all:

Stormborn wrote:Maybe the General section should be locked and archived including RPs for a short period and then restarted a fresh as a blank slate.

What purpose would that serve? Whatever's happening isn't a result of the subforum's actions (ya know, since subforums aren't conscious beings), but of the members. What's the point of restarting it? If you feel like you need change, just suggest some new rules. There's no need to delete everything we have now. And even if does come to the extreme of wiping the entire general section, don't do it to the RPs. That would be inconvenient and nothing else.

Now, to state my own opinion on this matter:

My first post:
Mars wrote:Yeaaaaaah. I'm just going to shake my head and wait for everyone to calm down.

Pretty much my feelings at the time, and now too. I don't really care if this kind of topic is allowed on the UESP, since I (like everyone else) can just talk about these things elsewhere. I'm not even talking about Cactopia, you get opportunities to talk to people everywhere. We have Steam, Skype, chat and other nice things. If having these topics is so important to you, why don't you just organize debate sessions on an IM program, or Skype sessions especially dedicated to a topic you want to talk about? I'd take part, and I'm sure a lot of other people would too.

Then again, there's this thing that certain people seem to have, and that's the comfort-zone of operating on this board specifically. If that's the case, don't complain. You really have no justified reason to do so.

Peace out, don't do drugs and don't take candy from strangers.

Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:48 pm

*sniff* That was beautiful Avron, now might be the time to vote Avron for president with that speech.

Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:04 pm

The gods mods have spoken! There shall be no more debate in the UESP realm!

Spoiler:
I wonder if mods are more like Aedra or Daedra...

Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Are we still allowed philosophical topics?

Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:54 pm

Guys, it's been days. time to stop posting.
Topic locked