Forum RulesNo Blatant Advertising
- This forum is not free advertising space and is not a place to advertise your website! Please take your business elsewhere. This includes links in your signatures. No Spamming
- No commercial posts, advertising, or post flooding the forum with useless content. Replies and comments to increase your post count will be deleted.No Necro-posting
- This is bringing old topics back to life. If you have a legitimate reason for resurrecting a topic, to ask for more help on the same subject, that is fine. If the topic is over 4 weeks old, then they have probably received the help they needed. Making a comment in an old topic only makes you look bad, and is considered to be post flooding. Off-Topic Posting
- Off-topic posting is not
allowed. We won't give everyone who goes off-topic a warning but if it happens too often we'll send you a friendly reminder. If it really gets out of hand we will give you an official warning! There's a special thread for off-topic posts so if you really want to go off-topic, you can do it there.Duplicate topics
- The basic rules of duplicate topics are as follows:
If there is a topic of the same subject/question in the last two pages (front page and next page back) it is what we call a duplicate topic.
Please have a look before making your thread, as chances are that there already is a thread which suits your needs.
It is understood that mistakes happen and in most cases it will just be let slip. This is more of a friendly reminder than a strict rule.Post in the correct forum
- You will have your post moved if you post in the wrong forum.
Check here: Forum Index Research your questions
- You will probably find the answer you are looking for here: UESP Wiki
. If you've got a question related to the Elder Scrolls or UESP itself, you can ask it at the Reference Desk
. Warn before spoiling
- If you're about to give away something huge about a game (commonly known as spoilers), be considerate and warn others before you do so. Use a decent topic subject
- People tend to look at topics that have educated subjects more than they do with subjects such as "HELLPPP!!!!" or "look at this". Flaming will not be tolerated
- This includes any material which is vulgar, defamatory, inaccurate, harassing, hateful, threatening, invasive of others' privacy, sexually oriented, or violates any laws.Trolling
- A troll is a person who is posting derogatory or inflammatory messages about sensitive topics or specific persons, just to make others respond in what may turn out to be a major flame fest. Such behavior may result in an instant ban. Flaming or criticism of other internet sites and their members is also considered trolling. Criticism of members of this forum are only allowed in a constructive way!Don't use bad words
- Cursing, swearing and generally bad language is not allowed here. Using asterisks or intentionally misspelling to avoid the censor is also forbidden.Respect the privacy of others
- Do not post the phone numbers, addresses, pictures, etc of others without their approval. Console and OS Wars
- Console (Xbox 360 vs. PS3) and Operation System (Windows vs. Linux) wars do nothing but make people argue with each other and don't provide any helpful information about the games. So just try not to argue about which is better. It never stays civil when fanboys square off.No pornographic, sexually offensive, sexually explicit, or objectifying material
- This includes suggestive images, graphics, and comments. Also, don't post links to warez, warez sites or sites with por
nographic or objectionable content. Only link to sites that are for family viewing only. No Piracy
- Posting of links to, or discussing pirated images, movies, computer software, music, and emulation software is strongly prohibited. Use correct grammar
- Come on, this isn't exactly a rule, but use correct grammar. Not only does this make you seem intelligent, but it makes your posts easier to read as well. Using LEET Speak, and text message abbreviations makes it hard for people to understand your problem, thus not be able to help you.
- Keep in mind, that this is the World Wide Web. Emphasis on World. Be tolerant of grammatical and spelling mistakes, as not everyone in the World speaks English as a primary language.Signatures
- No signatures larger than the equivalent of 4 lines of text or one image the size of 500x100 pixels.Duplicate accounts
- If a user is found creating several accounts, all but the first one will get banned.Warnings
- We have a "three strikes then you're out" policy. If users break the rules they will receive a warning. Disabling the Personal Message function or not reading Personal Messages sent by moderators will not be seen as an excuse.
Some infractions will cause an instant ban of your account. This can be cases of major disrespect of the rules or other members.Locking Topics
Threads can be locked for multiple reasons:
1.If the problem is solved and that has been acknowledged.
2.The thread has spun into a hate thread slamming other people nonstop.
3.If things get so off-topic or out of the way that they should be new threads.
4.If the topic was subject to recent necro-posting.
- If you think a thread should be locked, please PM one of the moderators telling why you think the topic should be locked. This moderator will then have a look at it, and decide if it qualifies for a lockdown.
- Try to stay on topic. We all get a little carried away now and then but sometimes threads will get so off topic that it's better to create a new one than posting in the old thread with a whole different subject.Posting of Links
Posting links without telling what you are linking to is forbidden. Examples of this are posting a link to a screamer or a "click harvesting" site, and writing something like "Hey, look at this". This also include links in your signature.
To prevent spam the posting of links is disabled for new users. In order to post links you must both:
1.) Be a registered user for more
than 7 full days.
2.) have more than 10 posts.
These settings may be changed if required. If you attempt a post containing a link and you don't satisfy the above requirements you will receive an error message.Posting of Images
Please just post the link to the picture instead. This will help the the site to load faster for everyone, especially for users without a high-speed internet connection.
Exception: sticky topics. You are allowed to post images in sticky topics like "Post your character" with a maximum height of 800 pixels and a maximum width of 600 pixels
These are topics which are not allowed on this board.-Political and religious topics.-Threads about moderator or admin actions or inactions.
If you feel you have been treated unfair or have any complaints, feel free to contact one of the moderators via PM.-Threads regarding another user's account.
This include discussion of banned members. Nor do we allow discussion of warnings or warning levels.-Threads about other threads, or threads about locked threads.
If the reason why a thread was locked is unclear to you, feel free to PM a moderator.-Forum games.
From earlier experience, such threads turn out to be nothing more than flood posting. Examples of this are games like "My island" and alphabet games where the first poster posts a word that starts with "a", next person "b", etc.-Hello and goodbye threads.
We have one thread for this in the general section of the forums, here
. Other similar threads will be locked.-Roleplays
We restrict roleplays to a maximum of 5 at the time, and they shall only be posted in the general section.Registration Agreement Terms
While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered above being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent the webmaster, administrator and moderators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
How to identify a spambot.1. The username.
If it's just random numbers and letters, like "dfajabnqrt8943", you can be fairly sure that it is a bot. Or if it is something like "cheapcarsauctions", which spaced out is "cheap cars auctions", it is obvious.2. The threads subject.
Same as the username; if it's just random numbers and letters, it is made by a spambot. Other typical subjects are "Great site", "Hello", and the like. 3. The message.
Again, random numbers and letters = spambot. Also, if the subject and the message are totally unrelated, you can be quite sure that it's a bot as well. Note that most spambots seem to post in the Oblivion section, as that is the section with most replies. So any thread that doesn't relate to the game should automaticly raise suspicion. Of course, there are threads that have accidently been posted in the wrong section, but you should be able to tell them apart.So, what do I do if I suspect a thread is made by a spambot?
First, do not
post in the thread. Some bots post just to see how active a forum is. So the more replies they get in their threads, the more likely it is they'll post again later. Not with the same username, of course, since it most likely has been banned, but we can't stop them from making new accounts. So, report the thread here
, and the moderators will take care of it.