UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2024 10:22 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 657 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Anime General Thread
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:50 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: I, II, III (all wip), Oblivion, Skyrim
UESPoints: 9
Hmmm... I don't really know any actors.

---

I've finished the first season/series of Tokyo Ghoul, and I'm very much enjoying it. The ending was such a cliffhanger but I kind of like that (though I'm really glad that there's √A to wrap everything up between the ghouls and the humans).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:08 pm 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox
Other Profiles: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
UESPoints: 14
Isn't √A season 2 or 3?

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:34 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

My friend told me it was season 2. Maybe it's not? I haven't actually looked into it myself yet.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:38 pm 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

Ah, okay nvm. It is season 2, when the protagonist was still going through his emo phase :roll:
--
But seriously tho, what's with modern anime nowadays with naming their season sequels? Sometimes labeling them as entirely different 'series' as if making it seem more 'new'(at least, as far as online streaming sites/browsers are concerned)

Sure sure, √A isn't too bad.. But I'm really looking at you, SAO 2(i.e the third season of SAO???), Noragami Aragoto(i.e good anime, by still tho???), and so.. So many more. At least Mushishi is very episodic and lacks any arc, but hat still doesn't excuse Next Passage, however much I love it.

I mean, some anime I feel get a pass for this, but it's no argument why >__< Pokemon is a very long running show and every season can be independent and thematic. Plus, they're just following the trend set by the games. Then you got sometimes Inuyasha with all it's season then by the end it splits off into Inuyasha Final Act >_> which, sort of spells it out to ya, and really helps seperate it from the rest of the series, despite being just another season.

Why does it get a pass? Bc after so many seasons and episode.. I'm willing to give them some leeway than an anime that couldn't wait till season 2, or be confusion inducing [&@%!] and do it by season 3 but call it Part 2 or something. However crude of an example, it's like someone proclaiming they lost their virginity a 2nd time. The novelty wears off fast, bud

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:44 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

My mom got me Cowboy Bebop on disc for my birthday, so now I'm gonna watch through it again but with her this time. She said she thought it was pretty good after the first episode, and I assured her that it only gets better. So yay!

I forgot how much I really love this show. ^-^

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:08 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Well, Hitorijime My Hero is over. It was quite nice. Nothing particularly unique about it, but cute cute cute. I'm kind of happy, because it wrapped up nicely and doesn't need a second season (unlike Sekai-Ichi Hatsukoi which NEEDS another season but doesn't seem to be getting one). I'm kind of sad about that, too, though. Because it means they probably won't make another season. And as far as BL goes, this one was pretty good.

It was my first time watching an anime as it came out, and let me just say; I am not a fan. Waiting for new episodes is quite inferior to being able to binge.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:15 pm 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

Hitorijime My Hero? Sekai-Ichi Hatsukoi? What are these?? :D

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:31 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Oh my, have I talked about Hitorijime My Hero before? Why yes, I have. And dear me, have I mentioned Sekai-Ichi Hatsukoi before? I believe so.

Tsk tsk tsk.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:17 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

UESPoints: 6
Hidden:

Just started watching Evangelion. Somehow I managed to avoid all spoilers up until today, when I looked up an episode on the wiki because I was confused. I don't think it was anything huge or that I hadn't already guessed, but it was still annoying.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:24 am 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

When you pop by Crunchyroll for a moment bc your like "Hey, I haven't checked up on what's new for a while" and right away you see.. Dydhdvhshs!!! *Flips out*. Ancient Magus Bride!!! *Gasps*. My breath.. Where is my breath! *Internally screams like a giddy lil school girl* YES YES YES YES
I know what I'm watching when I get home. Finally! The 3rd part to this prequel series ^_^

Edit: And... Turns out the OVA season isn't all there is.. Episode One just dropped.. I'm just dead right, just, dead. RIP me

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:55 pm 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

So then the next anime season is upon us >_> and I still didn't get fully caught up with last season(i.e GAMES! and Tsuredure Children) but I gotta say, I'm liking this line up, for many, many reasons(see above post edit for said reasons ^_^ )

Anyways, Black Clover and Juuni Taisen seem promising, as too Girls Last Tour for that happy-go feel show I always crave.. Had it actually been on Crunchyroll(I cry everytime this happens). I'm sure as more episodes are released, more gems and recommendations will surely follow this season

Also, the remake to Kino's Journey is up and about ^_^ which I am REALLY looking forward to. The original was positively one of my top 10 favorites(right up there with Mushishi, no surprise there), and the writing and episodic nature of it all is so good even if the original animation didn't age all too well. So this is gonna be a treat whenever I wanna sit back and relax, I know that for sure

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:15 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: All of 'Em
Platform: PS4, PC
Other Profiles: PSN: Unionhack, Steam: Unionhack
UESPoints: 13
So Space Pirate: Captain Harlock was really, really good and I totally recommend it to anyone with 2 hours to kill.

I guess I'll be the first to open up the Pandora's Box of Memery; anyone seen Neo Yokio yet?

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:00 pm 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

When you reach that special lil moment in Toradora when it finally happens.. Oh boy...

Me = Absolutely wrecked

Why do I do this to myself ;-; I know I really shouldn't, but the feels man... Their just so good and addictive. Plus... I always got this soft spot for this sort of stuff(and tsundere's, trust me).. especially when I get to root for the underdog.

But ya.. Been watching, well.. Binging to be more precise, the dub for Toradora. And while in the past I only ever saw, like, the first four episodes(And Aetherius forgive why I didn't watch more?!) just.. That 2nd half.. And the first half.. And everything.. Just.. It's too much.. And I still got a few more episodes to go. <3 RIP <3

(I have a serious problem. Pls send help, or a slap)
------
Anyways, since I'm posting here anyways.. A few things I might as well get out of my way

Kerr!! Have you seen or heard anything about Blade Runner Blackout 2022? Bc all the commercials and trailers I keep seeing on Crunchyroll just makes me thing "Ya, that's totally right up her alley"

2nd(or 3rd?), I ended up sneaking a peak on the remake for Kino's Journey. As much s I would prefer the dub.. Which "if" at all they do, it's gonna be a while.. But the animation? So good.. And the general feel of story telling and that one episode? Yep, that's classic Kino still ^_^. And what do you know, first episode gave a good impression on how the series is really all about
Spoiler:
Seriously. I'm not gonna get too into it, but the first episode is about Kino visiting a country where murder isn't prohibited, and explores the depth of what that can mean and the impact it holds. In a series where she and her companion travel around from place to place to see and experience new lands and the diverse lifestyles.. And the various.. How do I say.. Unique philosophies each society represents, sometimes to abnormal or extreme spectrums..

Ya, doing an episode right off the bat about a land that legalized murder and doing all the stuff Kino's journey is known for.. Good first impression for anybody just getting into the show ^_^. Not that THAT is hard. It really is an episodic series with no real over arching plot. The only real development or significant moments happened during the prequel episode back in the original adaptation, which frankly, duh :dur: Of course a prequel to the whole story/adventure will have some significance. Wouldn't be a good prequel if it didn't
And last bit, I swear. But has anybody seen Your Name or Silent Voice? Both are animated films.. Though the later I just heard about.. And really.. Really sounds like a treat(if it wasn't so hard to watch in NA ;-; )

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:12 pm 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

ES Games: I, II, III, IV, V. Once I caught a fish alive.
Platform: PC & Playstation
UESPoints: 20
BetaB17 wrote:
Kerr!! Have you seen or heard anything about Blade Runner Blackout 2022? Bc all the commercials and trailers I keep seeing on Crunchyroll just makes me thing "Ya, that's totally right up her alley"

Woah, there's Blade Runner anime? Made by the guy behind Cowboy Bebop?

*Stops writing this comment to watch it*

Oh, yeah, it's good. Not great but worth watching. It's only like 12 minutes long. It was made as an interquel for Blade Runner 2049 (which I went to last night) I wouldn't watch this before watching Blade Runner 2049 (I'm assuming you've already seen the original Blade Runner, if you haven't oh my god, watch Blade Runner) which is really fantastic. I'm glad I went into the film not knowing all the details of these background elements the interquels touch upon because the actual film explore them well. But watching them afterwards is a good move. And I didn't even know it existed so thanks for telling me.

Beta wrote:
Your Name

Man, body swap romance isn't too far below Cyberpunk when it comes to types of stories which are right up my alley (read Shishunki Bitter Change Cassandra, do it.) But I watched it over the weekend. It's good, really good, very well animated and super sweet and heartwarming. It's not revolutionary, it's a kind of story you're likely familiar with but it's a really good execution of it. The film it reminded me most of was The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, it's not the same obviously, but with an anime film about somewhat fantastical teen romance it's what it put me in mind of immediately. It also has a first person pronouns scene (because Japan has gendered first person pronouns) which I'm curious how they changed for the dub.

So I'd definitely recommend it to people.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:40 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

UESPoints: 1
@Beta I love A Silent Voice! The Movie was actually pretty good, although I do recommend you read the manga first(if you can). It's only seven volumes, and I do believe you can read it on Crunchyroll. I actually bought the copies after reading it on there.

So what are your guys' favorite anime?

Mine, in no particular order:
Steins;Gate
Madoka Magica
Haruhi Suzumiya
including the movie (I definitely need to catch up on the LN)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:42 am 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

I'm watching crunchy roll off of my phone and Xbox, and not via the subscription. So the manga side of things arent as viable as I would wish.
---
I'm sure I have a freakingly huge list of anime I've watched purely off of memory(and boy has that list grown by comparison) along with a sort of unofficial top 10 favorites list. Tho I guess I could always try for an update.. *One eternity later*. I.. I can't narrow it down.. It's.. Impossible >_< partly bc some are just so good by genre standards that it's damn near a struggle to compare it to something utterly different

I mean.. My top two will never likely change. Probably for good reason too
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Cowboy Bebop

But I mean, somewhere in there, in no particular order.. I just gotta have:
Mushishi(+ Next Passage)
Kino's Journey(Original)
Spice & Wolf
Hellsing Ultimate
Trigun
Re:Zero
Psycho Pass
Desert Punk
Konosuba
Toradora

And alot of what henges on a favorite of mine is how much rewatch-ability it has. Have I shamelessly watched a series more than five times? And do I never lose touch in that same sense of enjoyment? And if I have anything to look forward to. Ancient Magus Bride might be joining that list, and fairly high up at that(it's like a god damn Ghibli film but as an anime series!!)

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:17 pm 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

ES Games: I, II, III, IV, V. Once I caught a fish alive.
Platform: PC & Playstation
UESPoints: 20
Top 6 because numbers are arbitrary and I don't want to limit it to 5:

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Steins;Gate
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Cowboy Bebop
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Attack on Titan

I really disliked Madoka Magica when I watched it. It's not that I dislike dark themes, I don't, but there was something about the framing that was just kind of off putting to me in Madoka Magica's case. The plot and characters never really drew me in either. But like whatever, it's a show I watched that I didn't like, there's a lot of those.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:52 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ooh, yay! Favourite anime!

My very favourite anime is probably FMA:B. I like that a whole lot.

My other favourites (not in order):
Cowboy Bebop
Psycho Pass
Samurai Champloo
Ouran High School Host Club
Fruits Basket

I didn't love love love Madoka Magica. Like, it was good, but I don't think I'll ever go back and watch it again.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:01 pm 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

^You forgot FMA, how could you forget FMA!?

Btw, as much as I like Madoka as a deconstruction of the magical girl genre and how it takes a darker tone to it all. Doesn't exactly make it a great anime. The pacing is dreadful at times, the plot is just everywhere, and you really can't give a damn about the characters without context on why you should care(which is a [&@%!] poor excuse anyways when you try to justify it*)
:
i.e like whenever people try to justify why a character/show is interesting or badass bc "in the manga" they were but the anime adaptation not getting the memo
It's still a show I would recommend, no different than Evangelion really. But I can't say it's a must watch, even for a deconstruction on magical girls, it's hardly the best(that honor goes to Princess Tutu)

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:40 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

How many times must I say this? :roll: I've never seen FMA. This is one of my greatest regrets in life. It was gone from Netflix before I could watch.

I'm gonna watch it some day...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:23 pm 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

I meant FMA brotherhood. I know you haven't seen the original, my memory aint that bad :wat:

If I'm not mistaken, the original should or will be up on crunchy roll but idk if it'll be in dub. The film-follow up is, that's for sure

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:57 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Cassandra wrote:
My very favourite anime is probably FMA:B. I like that a whole lot.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:47 pm 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

Okay. I may be blind, but my memory is still fine.

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:53 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

UESPoints: 1
Haruhi's on Crunchyroll. Go watch!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:15 am 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

Been watching Shin Sekai Yori a lil bit on the side, inbetween my other shows as I wait. Might I say, this one gets your head spinning.. Not anywhere near as Serial Experiments Lain, but a [&@%!] no less. Seriously, I'm not even finished and I'm surprised by how keen on details they are from the start, can't miss a damn thing bc sure enough it'll be relevant somehow. I like that about a show, doesn't try to waste your time with filler when there is clearly a finite set of episodes(I sure as hell wished Black Clover got that memo :wat: )

Also, can I just take a moment and appreciate the first ED ^_^ or how the series basically forgets OPs are a thing and decides to cram in more showtime

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 657 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next