UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Fri Oct 04, 2024 12:43 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24443 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 839, 840, 841, 842, 843, 844, 845 ... 978  Next
 Post subject: Re: General Discussion
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:04 pm 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox
Other Profiles: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
UESPoints: 14
Apparently Aarah doesn't know the secret to a peaceful co-existence between man and spider. Tsk tsk tsk. Don't blame me when the wasps and pests come knocking on your door
:

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:07 pm 
Lord of the Shivering Isles

ES Games: Oblivion:GOTY, Skyrim:Legendary edition
Platform: PS3.
UESPoints: 12
*grabs the swords, arrows, shields and bunkers down after shutting everything* No freaking wasp is getting within sight of me!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:10 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games: oblivion, skyrim
Platform: xbox 360/one
@Beta
I take it you do know the secret?
I think Spiderman loves that tree more than anything else, to be honest.

I don't think wasps can knock. They lack the hard knuckles.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:14 pm 

Still, they come near me and i'll destroy them! Hate wasps and bees. I hate flies but flies are just annoying and tend to buzz right near my ear. Bees and wasps, I hate their lack of regard for privacy and how easy it is for them to get a bit miffed thus stinging time.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:17 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, BattleSpire, Redguard, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC
Other Profiles: Daggerfella
UESPoints: 1
Aarah wrote:
^Ah, I getcha. I'm glad you discovered your like for the whole ES franchise. I didn't realise Daggerfall had a lot of detail in it.
------

Bleugh. Spiders. Am closing my window in the dark and there's a right big bellied bugger on the window. Of course, now I've turned the light on it's climbed up into the blind.
Urg, that means a spider hunt.
I hate the time of year when spiders start to come in. There was a huge one in the kitchen the other day. Couldn't find my pint glass and it was too damn big for the half pint one.

Daggerfall is pretty damn detail. Like a lot of the randomly generated quests feel a hell of a lot more organic than the randomly generated quests in Skyrim. And those games came out with at least 10 or more years between them. Well yes the game was a glitchy mess and sometimes the randomly generated dungeons are unFair. The game has a lot to offer for people who want a pure role-playing experience. It actually feels like you're in a real world that has real consequences. Like you can't join the Thieves Guild and get to the highest portion of the Thieves Guild and be able to join the Fighters Guild. Your reputation won't allow it. It actually feels like your role playing a real person.

Like originally there was going to be a crap ton more detail in the game such as like random events were like witches get burned at the stake or people get persecuted for their affiliations with others or plagues and famines and higher prices are lower prices at stores. However the current game in the way it is with the fan patch it is an amazing game that should be played by all fans of role-playing games. It is the Deus Ex of traditional role playing games such as Ultima underworld or Dungeons & Dragons

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:10 pm 

Did UESP not work for anyone else this morning? Just curious.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:17 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

^Yeah, it was down for hours.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:18 pm 

Thought that was the case. Right, who forgot to pay the bills this month? was it you, Beta? Or did the Pinkies forget to do it? #Pinkiegate2017

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:27 pm 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

ES Games: I, II, III, IV, V. Once I caught a fish alive.
Platform: PC & Playstation
UESPoints: 20
Chizmad wrote:
Daggerfall is pretty damn detail. Like a lot of the randomly generated quests feel a hell of a lot more organic than the randomly generated quests in Skyrim. And those games came out with at least 10 or more years between them. Well yes the game was a glitchy mess and sometimes the randomly generated dungeons are unFair. The game has a lot to offer for people who want a pure role-playing experience. It actually feels like you're in a real world that has real consequences. Like you can't join the Thieves Guild and get to the highest portion of the Thieves Guild and be able to join the Fighters Guild. Your reputation won't allow it. It actually feels like your role playing a real person.

Like originally there was going to be a crap ton more detail in the game such as like random events were like witches get burned at the stake or people get persecuted for their affiliations with others or plagues and famines and higher prices are lower prices at stores. However the current game in the way it is with the fan patch it is an amazing game that should be played by all fans of role-playing games. It is the Deus Ex of traditional role playing games such as Ultima underworld or Dungeons & Dragons

I played Daggerfall back in my first year of college. It was really annoying because I encountered a glitch super late in the main quest which made me unable to finish it. Personally I didn't like Daggerfall too much, I found it to be more interesting as a historical artifact than a good game. But I agree fans of the series should check it out for a couple of hours. The ghost in Daggerfall is great and that shop music will be stuck in your head for years. Honestly I liked Arena more because weird as it sounds, that tighter focus on the Main Quest meant I could just focus on that and complete it. Also 100 Speed & Bow basically turns the game into Doom and Passwall is the most interesting spell in the entire series. If people don't know it destroys the walls of dungeons which allows you to make shortcuts.

For me when it comes to 90s RPGs, I'm a complete Black Isle fangirl. I think Fallout 1 & 2 and the Infinity Engine games are still really strong. I haven't actually played any of the Ultima games.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:31 pm 
Novice
Novice

Kerr wrote:
Chizmad wrote:

I played Daggerfall back in my first year of college. It was really annoying because I encountered a glitch super late in the main quest which made me unable to finish it. Personally I didn't like Daggerfall too much, I found it to be more interesting as a historical artifact than a good game. But I agree fans of the series should check it out for a couple of hours. The ghost in Daggerfall is great and that shop music will be stuck in your head for years. Honestly I liked Arena more because weird as it sounds, that tighter focus on the Main Quest meant I could just focus on that and complete it. Also 100 Speed & Bow basically turns the game into Doom and Passwall is the most interesting spell in the entire series. If people don't know it destroys the walls of dungeons which allows you to make shortcuts.

For me when it comes to 90s RPGs, I'm a complete Black Isle fangirl. I think Fallout 1 & 2 and the Infinity Engine games are still really strong. I haven't actually played any of the Ultima games.

Are you serious? Arena is an unbalanced mess.

Honestly I don't think you've played Daggerfall enough. I've played it enough to the point where I feel like I've nearly mastered it. However it's one of those games where as soon as you start getting used to it it throws in a wrench and gets you surprised. I've probably put like two hundred hours into Daggerfall. I own the Daggerfall Chronicles and the original Daggerfall manual. I also bought the Elder Scrolls Anthology so I would have a physical copy of Daggerfall as well as Morrowind. And I also own a Daggerfall t-shirt. I honestly feel like it's the most RPG like game in the franchise. Morrowind is a close second but I feel like they narrowed the scope a bit too far down

I'd suggest you try out the newest patch version. And giving it a good chance. The most fun in the game is not the main quest. The main quest is pretty fun but some of the best parts are the randomly generated quests. Get the Daggerfall setup version, I've personally contributed to this project and it is the best version of the game

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:46 pm 

I've played Arena and Daggerfall but due to laptop being crap for controls, i just can't stand it. :( Arena isn't that much of a mess. Aside from the Nintendohard on steroids first dungeon, it is more or less straight forward, i think. Daggerfall, it is quite easy to forget what you were meant to be doing and the randomly generated content is a bit off putting. I mean, it does come off as generic and is too big. That said, it was the first game that set the standards for TES and gave birth to TES as we know it. Morrowind:Vvanderfell(seriously think that they could have gotten away with Vvanderfell as a title or subtitle due to it only taking place on there) restructed it and the rest is history.

As for 90s RPGs, i've only played: Fallout 1,Fallout 2(Mainly because of preferences, i don't play it that often or really done a proper playthrough), Final Fantasies 6,7,8 and 9 on PS1(Digital copies from the store).

I do hate that RPGs seem to be going in a less roleplay friendly direction or rely on the interface a lot. I do intend to get the anthology(if they still do, probably don't because dang it reasons) for TES. Well that and the Skyrim Special edition or Special Edition Mark 299901:M'aiq edition dpending on what's available by the time i get a gaming desktop.

I have heard and want to get Bioware's CRPGs. Ok, it's just Balder's Gate 1 and 2, KNOTR. Fortunately, GOG.com has a lot of retro stuff and Planescape:Torment seems to be a very interesting game according to the tropes i read. Yeah, i read too much tvtropes.

I would love to see more CRPGs, more JRPGs that are turned based and more traditional RPGs. I miss turn based combat as a normal combat system.

That said, I do heavily believe Lord of the Rings:The Third Age could have been a hack and slash or a massive adventure game due to it kinda being a very out of place element. That and you fight the Eye of Sauron.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:10 pm 
Novice
Novice

The SheoDovah wrote:
I've played Arena and Daggerfall but due to laptop being crap for controls, i just can't stand it. :( Arena isn't that much of a mess. Aside from the Nintendohard on steroids first dungeon, it is more or less straight forward, i think. Daggerfall, it is quite easy to forget what you were meant to be doing and the randomly generated content is a bit off putting. I mean, it does come off as generic and is too big. That said, it was the first game that set the standards for TES and gave birth to TES as we know it. Morrowind:Vvanderfell(seriously think that they could have gotten away with Vvanderfell as a title or subtitle due to it only taking place on there) restructed it and the rest is history.

As for 90s RPGs, i've only played: Fallout 1,Fallout 2(Mainly because of preferences, i don't play it that often or really done a proper playthrough), Final Fantasies 6,7,8 and 9 on PS1(Digital copies from the store).

I do hate that RPGs seem to be going in a less roleplay friendly direction or rely on the interface a lot. I do intend to get the anthology(if they still do, probably don't because dang it reasons) for TES. Well that and the Skyrim Special edition or Special Edition Mark 299901:M'aiq edition dpending on what's available by the time i get a gaming desktop.

I have heard and want to get Bioware's CRPGs. Ok, it's just Balder's Gate 1 and 2, KNOTR. Fortunately, GOG.com has a lot of retro stuff and Planescape:Torment seems to be a very interesting game according to the tropes i read. Yeah, i read too much tvtropes.

I would love to see more CRPGs, more JRPGs that are turned based and more traditional RPGs. I miss turn based combat as a normal combat system.

That said, I do heavily believe Lord of the Rings:The Third Age could have been a hack and slash or a massive adventure game due to it kinda being a very out of place element. That and you fight the Eye of Sauron.

You can change the controls so that the mouse works for the camera and wasd works for the movement just like a modern Elder Scrolls game would. As for getting lost. That's why you can save memos.

The randomly generated stuff is better than skyrim.
In skryim its kill 5 of this or do this or that and its more repetative and not as organic...

Plus they put a lot more effort and heart into this game than the first game. The first game just seems really generic especially when you look at the enemy designs and the lore. I don't know if you had more fun playing this game than I have Rena. I mean like Arena The Reflex is set too high and things such as status damages such as poisoning or paralysis are too efficient. The game is way too hard and way too unbalanced. Yes I know if you manipulate the system it would make it easier but at least would Daggerfall it feels like you're achieving something. Most of the frustrations with the game are from not knowing the game. If you understand that having low reflex will mean most of your hits won't hit your enemy then you crank it to medium high or high and most of your hits will hit. And you also have to build your character like you would build a Dungeons and Dragons character. You got to have all the skills you're going to use and if you have a useless skill or something that you don't know entirely how to use efficiently you're going to die a lot

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:33 pm 

Did not know that.

As for randomly generated stuff, it comes off as a very generic looking game and kinda lacks memorable locations as a result of it. But i'll admit, Oblivion was my first TES game then Skyrim. Daggerfall, it just comes off as a generic looking RPG for me.

Arena, to be fair, it was Bethesda's first major game or at least, the first one that put them on the map and wasn't really meant to be the game we got. They kinda got a bit carried away and we ended up with a lot more then just an arena game.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:18 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Pudsey, the dog that won Britain's got talent several years ago, died.
Very sad. He was such a talented dog. I feel sorry for his owner; they had such a special, close bond together.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:53 pm 
Novice
Novice

The SheoDovah wrote:
Did not know that.

As for randomly generated stuff, it comes off as a very generic looking game and kinda lacks memorable locations as a result of it. But i'll admit, Oblivion was my first TES game then Skyrim. Daggerfall, it just comes off as a generic looking RPG for me.

Arena, to be fair, it was Bethesda's first major game or at least, the first one that put them on the map and wasn't really meant to be the game we got. They kinda got a bit carried away and we ended up with a lot more then just an arena game.

Bethesda made terminator games, and wayne gretsky games before arena.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:16 pm 

But didn't really make them a major name. Arena did and gave birth to TES. Though, in the age of simulators, i'm surprised we do not have a M'aiq date simulator.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:20 pm 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

Nah, Daedric Prince dating sim or bust. Would Sanguine or Azura result in me getting a kiss from a rose?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:40 pm 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

Bruh, Nocturnal x Hircine all day, everyday, don't even try to mess with my ship, I'll cut you

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:47 pm 

Pfft, Sheogorath x Sheogorath for all!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:51 pm 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

Sheo/Jygg x Azura make for a more interesting couple

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:52 pm 

I think they would end up arguing about the colours of their new realm. Then Sheogorath rage spams cheese all over it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:13 pm 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

BetaB17 wrote:
Sheo/Jygg x Azura make for a more interesting couple

I mean Azura, Boethiah, Mephala just scream OT3.

Also in this game you'd be a mortal dating a Prince, not one of the Princes themselves. Oh, maybe you're the Dragonborn and this is what happens after you die.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:18 pm 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

No no, hear me out(bc it's not like I've thought this [&@%!] through b4 :dur: ). Jygg and Azura would very much have a love/hate relationship, with Sheo only ever continuing their rivalry and alluring charm.

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:29 pm 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

Maybe, but that OT3 is a better set up for my "Bi Azura, Bi Azura, Bi Azura!" joke.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:30 pm 
Novice
Novice

If you are call the pillow book, I'm pretty sure they would make dating sim for that deadric prince

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24443 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 839, 840, 841, 842, 843, 844, 845 ... 978  Next