UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Mon Jul 08, 2024 8:47 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24442 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 838, 839, 840, 841, 842, 843, 844 ... 978  Next
 Post subject: Re: General Discussion
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:38 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games: oblivion, skyrim
Platform: xbox 360/one
UESPoints: 14
Aww, lovely cats are here.
Black cats are cool looking. Maybe it's their witchy connections.

Do you have a pic of your own cat, DB? I'd like to see this pompous Persian. Lol

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:21 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY edition, Oblivion (and KOTN), Skyrim + SE, ESO Gold Edition
Platform: PC (for Morrowind only) PS3, PS4
Other Profiles: PSN: dremorababe (new)
UESPoints: 3
Here you go
Hidden:
He likes to sit on my lap and judge when I play video games Image

Hidden:
And steal my pillow Image

Hidden:
And use me as a footrest Image

Hidden:
And knock down my mom's paintings just to sit on them Image

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:30 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Ooooo, he's so cute!
He's so fluffy and clean, I just want to give him a cuddle!

Ha ha, just from the pictures, he does look like a character. I like the fact he sitting on that painting. Lol

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:49 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY edition, Oblivion (and KOTN), Skyrim + SE, ESO Gold Edition
Haha. Yes, clean for once. You should see him when he comes in from the balcony, with leaves stuck on his ear. As for cuddles, he's not a huge fan, unless he's the one doing it :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:13 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim (All PC)
Platform: PC, 3DS
UESPoints: 1
Yeah, fluffly cats are always pompous. At least he has the looks to back it up!

Heard it here, folks!
Formerly known as FireAcolyte, but now twice as awesome
UESP's Burning Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:42 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Speaking of which, I completely missed the pictures of Midna. Sorry new page problems. She's beautiful! I love how she's all snuggled up to you, mine is a bit like me; emotionally distant hahah.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:19 pm 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

ES Games: I, II, III, IV, V. Once I caught a fish alive.
Platform: PC & Playstation
UESPoints: 20
Cute cats all round.

Jodie Whittaker is going to be the 13th Doctor in Doctor Who :)

George A. Romero is dead. :(

I love Day of the Dead, it's my favorite of his films. Night of the Living Dead is public domain, that's why it's the horror film people are always watching in TV/Movies because you don't need to pay royalties to anyone. Also it's good.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:39 pm 
Lord of the Shivering Isles

ES Games: Oblivion:GOTY, Skyrim:Legendary edition
Platform: PS3.
UESPoints: 12
And naturally, the Daily rags or one of them has "BBC GONE PC MAD!" as headline. *facepalms* In fact, no, i'm not facepalming. In fact, I'm gonna to climb up a ladder and slam my face into the ground. Because that is just stupid of the daily rag. Granted, I do hope that Jodie Whittaker was chosen because of her talent and that seems to be the case instead of for the sake of it. I personally don't care about genders of casts but i will admit, i do dislike it when something makes a massive deal about a gender of a character. So what? It's still the same character or still a character. If it turns out crap, I would blame the writers.

Fortunately, Jodie Whittaker's Doctor is in good hands. No Moffat thus someone who actually knows how to write female characters. Moffat seemed to believe that all females must be mary sues or have a very special thing to them and usually end up being poorly written. That said, he did surprisingly well with Bill. Apart from the lazy cop out at the end regarding her fate.

George A.Romero, may he rest in peace. :(

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:50 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: All of 'Em
Platform: PS4, PC
Other Profiles: PSN: Unionhack, Steam: Unionhack
UESPoints: 13
I have like absolutely zero interest in Doctor Who so if I'm wrong that's my bad, but didn't Moffat want to do a female doctor, like, years ago? I wonder what took them so long while he was in charge.

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:58 pm 

Moffat did want one or felt one was possible but the time wasn't right. That and Moffat can't do female characters well. It would have been a disaster even by Moffat standards. River Song is the best example of his worst writing. The best character he has done is Bill and that was a surprise. Chibnall has stated that if he ever did Dr Who, he would do a female version. It should be interesting to see how Chibnall handles the show. Thank god Moffat is leaving. I mean, there's so many bullcrap endings one can take. He loved his Deus Ex Machinas, mary sues, stupid twists, stupid episodes such as "Let's kill the moon." How is the moon an egg!? HOW!? *takes a deep breath* But yeah, in 2017, it shouldn't really matter. The gender of the person playing a character.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:46 pm 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

Unionhack wrote:
I have like absolutely zero interest in Doctor Who so if I'm wrong that's my bad, but didn't Moffat want to do a female doctor, like, years ago? I wonder what took them so long while he was in charge.

I liked that Hbomberguy video about Sherlock too.

And eh, kinda? Not really, he could have but he didn't. Doctor Who went off the air in 1989, there was an attempted revival with Paul McGann in 1996 in the form of a TV Movie that didn't work out and then Stephen Moffat wrote a non-canon comedy special in 1999 which ended with Joanna Lumley playing The Doctor. An actor who they'd actually considered for the role back in the 1980s. In 2005 the show returned and Stephen Moffat took over as showrunner in 2010 when they cast Matt Smith, then when Matt Smith left in 2013 Moffat stuck around as showrunner and cast Peter Capaldi. However while Moffat didn't cast a female doctor (that was the new showrunner Chris Chibnall) he did do some stuff in-universe to set the stage, make what was always speculation (that Time Lords can change race/gender when they regenerate) explicit and canon.

An episode written by Neil Gaiman during Matt Smith's run made reference to The Corsair, another time lord who alternated between being a man and woman but was always a friend of The Doctor. They unfortunately died before we ever got to meet them. But then in 2014 with Capaldi in the role The Doctor's long time friend/nemesis The Master was a woman, Michelle Gomez. Later in Season 9 another Time Lord called "The General" regenerated on screen going from a white man to a black woman. Over the course of Season 10 (the most recent series) Time Lords as a race were basically set up as being nonbinary/genderfluid as standard culminating with two version of The Master meeting one another. Capaldi was great and Smith is my favorite Doctor (I started watching with Smith) but yeah, Moffat totally could have cast a woman back then. Still, he did lay some of the groundwork for it in universe, made what was always fanon explicitly canon.

The show lost a lot of viewers in recent years (which is unfortunate because while Season 8 & 9 were admittedly rather weak on the whole, Season 10 was great) but now with a change in showrunner & Doctor, much like when Moffat originally came in with Matt Smith, it should be a good jumping on point for people who are starting out or returning to the show.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:19 am 

That reminds me, i ought to ask a mod if i can perform some necromancy on the dr who thread.

Apparently, Britian is meant to have a 2 month heatwave. It means we are actually having summer in it's natural form instead of failing to install Summer because someone got the crappy version when we told them that we needed the delux edition but no, they had to get the cheap knock off version. It's not summer! it's glitchy, buggy as heck and.... Bethesda coded it didn't they?

But yeah, summer is here and it's nice. Oh and I will be walking on the beach later. Unless the tide is in. Then I'll cry like an anime fan on prom night. :P I'm just messing around to pass the time. The thread's been asleep for a few days.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:12 pm 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

Thought you'd make a regeneration joke. But yes, go ahead. It's a discussion thread about a popular long running TV show in the general subforum, posting there will reignite discussion, it's not a problem. It's different than say, posting in a Morrowind thread where someone is asking if Heavy, Medium or Light Armor is the way to go for their character 4 months after anyone has posted to tell them you can get free Dark Brotherhood armor early in the game with Tribunal.

Summer in the British Isles can be a bit... Dodgy.
Hidden:

June rolls round and DJs are relieved because they finally have an excuse to play Staying Out For The Summer by Dodgy, Here Comes the Summer by The Undertones and Summertime by The Fresh Prince and DJ Jazzy Jeff. It's like a less extreme version of all those Christmas songs they have to sit on until December. Unlike America with their 4th of July, we don't have a really big summer holiday.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:02 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC
Working with electricity can be sketchy and today will be one of those days when I get a particular component in the mail. Anytime I have to set a fire extinguisher within more or less arms reach of me I become wary. Other things I don't like working on are a/c and airbags. A/c due to high PSI pressure and the fact that the refrigerant if shot on you will make you look like that-one-dude who got the acid on him at the end of Robocop. And airbags I don't like because they are essentially tiny bombs. Not a lot of potential to get hurt (if you follow procedure) but still it's nerve racking knowing at any moment this thing could pop.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:08 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

What electrics are you working on?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:32 am 

Kerr wrote:
Thought you'd make a regeneration joke. But yes, go ahead. It's a discussion thread about a popular long running TV show in the general subforum, posting there will reignite discussion, it's not a problem. It's different than say, posting in a Morrowind thread where someone is asking if Heavy, Medium or Light Armor is the way to go for their character 4 months after anyone has posted to tell them you can get free Dark Brotherhood armor early in the game with Tribunal.

Summer in the British Isles can be a bit... Dodgy.
Hidden:

June rolls round and DJs are relieved because they finally have an excuse to play Staying Out For The Summer by Dodgy, Here Comes the Summer by The Undertones and Summertime by The Fresh Prince and DJ Jazzy Jeff. It's like a less extreme version of all those Christmas songs they have to sit on until December. Unlike America with their 4th of July, we don't have a really big summer holiday.

I am disappointed by your lack of faith in me, Kerr. *Regenerates into Liberty Dovah* Great, now i'm a robot. Thanks, Kerr. Wait, am I operating on Vista? No? Good.

Our summer holidays are known as national it's too hot, too cold, too rainy, too warm, too not something enough but we will complain about it anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:36 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Aarah wrote:
What electrics are you working on?

Ha, 'electrics.' Kinda like how yall say university instead of college or maths instead of math. I like humans, you all interest me.

I'm usually working on something and it's often electronics to some degree. This time long story but basically a hub for a smart home device. Bought an expansion board that didn't come with a power supply so I ordered one. Kinda gets complicated, the board once supplied with power provides power to the other devices its attached to...or so it says. Also I need several devices powered which I'm not sure is an option. I did order a decent power supply and like quadruple checked voltages but still electricity can be scary so plugging in that power for the first time is very very much a 'hold onto your butts' moment.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:41 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, BattleSpire, Redguard, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Other Profiles: Daggerfella
I gotta say i love this community here at UESP. Ive been a lurker since 2009. Glad i made an account finally when i did.

How is everyone today?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:35 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: All of 'Em
Platform: PS4, PC
Other Profiles: PSN: Unionhack, Steam: Unionhack
UESPoints: 13
Oh my goodness, welcome aboard! I lurked starting around 2009 as well but I didn't wait quite so long to start posting, haha.

I'm pretty good. I have work today but that's not so bad, I think.

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:48 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games: Battlespire, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO, Legends
UESPoints: 7
Chizmad wrote:
I gotta say i love this community here at UESP. Ive been a lurker since 2009. Glad i made an account finally when i did.

How is everyone today?

Welcome! :)

I swear this balloon in my room is possessed or something.
It's at the point where it's deflating, mostly touching the ceiling but dipping down a little bit, and it's been sitting in the far corner of my living room for the last few days. I was in my kitchen and noticed it drifting toward me and therefore the kitchen fan, and quick caught it and brought it back to that corner. A few minutes later it had drifted back over and actually did float into my kitchen fan, scaring me half to death as it got battered around above my head. So then I brought it into my bedroom. Unlike the living room and kitchen which are basically one long room, it would have to sink down far enough to go through the doorway, and then go around the corner to get to the main part of my apartment. A few hours later I was sitting at my computer, and suddenly a round shadow appeared on the wall - something was behind me - and it was that darned balloon! Somehow it had made its way out of the bedroom and instead of floating to the kitchen like before it had gone the opposite direction, back to its original position.
So now I've got the balloon tied to a chair so that the stupid thing doesn't keep sneaking up on me.

Twitch channel: Offline

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:16 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

@leroy
Is the device to measure your household energy consumption? When you mentioned electronics I guessed it would be something for a car you're working on. Did you ever get that Raspberry Pi set up (not sure if I'm remembering that right).

@Chizmad
I'm confused. I've seen you posting for ages and your profile says you joined in 2012. You just mean you're glad you joined back then?

@Alarra
Hey, balloons just wanna have fun! They like to see what humans are doing.
(Seriously though, lol, that sounds like a friendly balloon.)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:27 pm 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

Platform: Xbox
Other Profiles: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
All I'm getting out of this is Alarra has a thing against balloons and all it wants is to end it's gloomy existence or make friends... And is now tied up as it awaits it's slow and eventual end

Damn Alarra, you cold as ice </3.
#balloonsdeservelovetoo

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:31 pm 

Balloons do kil a lot of people. 1 in 10 people are likely to be killed in their bathroom by a balloon. I should know, I was viciously attacked by a pack of wild balloons last week. Twas a brave attempt but I won in the end. At the cost of enjoyment of life.

Or whatever, it's balloons. Not really much I can do with them, peeps.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:04 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, BattleSpire, Redguard, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Other Profiles: Daggerfella
Quote:
@Chizmad
I'm confused. I've seen you posting for ages and your profile says you joined in 2012. You just mean you're glad you joined back then?

Because I'm mostly here for Daggerfall stuff and I came here before the bandwagon lol.

Plus it helped me realize how good the other Elder Scroll games were other than Skyrim. Before I realized how detailed Daggerfall was I loved Morrowind and Oblivion and Skyrim. All equally.

I mostly lurked until like last year. And really wasn't until last year until I made a profile for the main site

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:54 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

^Ah, I getcha. I'm glad you discovered your like for the whole ES franchise. I didn't realise Daggerfall had a lot of detail in it.
------

Bleugh. Spiders. Am closing my window in the dark and there's a right big bellied bugger on the window. Of course, now I've turned the light on it's climbed up into the blind.
Urg, that means a spider hunt.
I hate the time of year when spiders start to come in. There was a huge one in the kitchen the other day. Couldn't find my pint glass and it was too damn big for the half pint one.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24442 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 838, 839, 840, 841, 842, 843, 844 ... 978  Next