Switch to full style
Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else, goes here
Topic locked

Re: Manliest names ever

Fri May 25, 2012 8:24 pm

Oldie from WKRP

Steele: I think a man's name says a lot about himself. My name is Steele. What's your name?

Lester Nessman: Les

Tue May 29, 2012 1:15 am

varlais wrote:Okay, I don't believe this is a necro post, but I just want to post this.
So, ZeRoc linked to a tvropes page listening awesome names a few pages ago, right? Well, I was reading through the real life section, and I believe I found a winner:
Adolph Blaine Charles David Earl Frederick Gerald Hubert Irvin John Kenneth Lloyd Martin Nero Oliver Paul Quincy Randolph Sherman Thomas Uncas Victor William Xerxes Yancy Zeus Wolfe­schlegelstein­hausenberger­dorffvoraltern­waren­gewissenhaft­schaferswessen­schafewaren­wohlgepflege­und­sorgfaltigkeit­beschutzen­von­angreifen­durch­ihrraubgierigfeinde­welche­voraltern­zwolftausend­jahres­vorandieerscheinen­wander­ersteer­dem­enschderraumschiff­gebrauchlicht­als­sein­ursprung­von­kraftgestart­sein­lange­fahrt­hinzwischen­sternartigraum­auf­der­suchenach­diestern­welche­gehabt­bewohnbar­planeten­kreise­drehen­sich­und­wohin­der­neurasse­von­verstandigmen­schlichkeit­konnte­fortplanzen­und­sicher­freuen­anlebens­langlich­freude­und­ruhe­mit­nicht­ein­furcht­vor­angreifen­von­anderer­intelligent­geschopfs­von­hinzwischen­sternartigraum, Senior.

Of course, I'd properly link to the wikipedia article, but y'know: en.wikipedia. org/wiki/Wolfe%2B585,_Senior

His name literally translates to "Who before ages were conscientious shepherds whose sheep were well tended and diligently protected against attackers who by their rapacity were enemies who 12,000 years ago appeared from the stars to the humans by spaceships with light as an origin of power, started a long voyage within starlike space in search for the star which has habitable planets orbiting and whither the new race of reasonable humanity could thrive and enjoy lifelong happiness and tranquility without fear of attack from other intelligent creatures from within starlike space."

It may not be manly, per se, but it's pretty damn cool.

That sir, is a very large wall of text :shock:

Tue May 29, 2012 6:03 am

YouTube Link

Tue May 29, 2012 10:42 am

That is mildly hilarious.

Tue May 29, 2012 10:55 am

Joe Don Butter Baker.

Tue May 29, 2012 11:41 am

Suprising how so many people can be so wrong, the manliest name ever is going to be something like Hilary Buttpuncher, any man named that will have spent his entire life fighting.

However, the best name for a sportsman is Gary Player.

Tue May 29, 2012 8:49 pm

Stormborn wrote:Suprising how so many people can be so wrong, the manliest name ever is going to be something like Hilary Buttpuncher, any man named that will have spent his entire life fighting.

However, the best name for a sportsman is Gary Player.

How'd u find out my alias stormborn :lol:

Wed May 30, 2012 12:36 am

You know what? Storm is right. The manliest name a man can have is a woman's name.

Wed May 30, 2012 7:39 am

You do have a point there

Wed May 30, 2012 10:33 am

That is an old idea: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcQKtl3MGCE&feature=related

...and an awesome song. :wink:

Wed May 30, 2012 5:51 pm

Wolf wrote:You know what? Storm is right. The manliest name a man can have is a woman's name.

Wed May 30, 2012 5:55 pm

You can hardly beat such names as:
Vsevolod (literally: Owns Everything)
Vladimir (literally: Owns the World)
Vladislav (literally: Owns Glory)
:P

Wed May 30, 2012 6:04 pm

I've always liked the name Vladimir.

Wed May 30, 2012 6:06 pm

I've always been a fan of Vladimiring.

Wed May 30, 2012 9:02 pm

varlais wrote:Okay, I don't believe this is a necro post, but I just want to post this.
So, ZeRoc linked to a tvropes page listening awesome names a few pages ago, right? Well, I was reading through the real life section, and I believe I found a winner:
Adolph Blaine Charles David Earl Frederick Gerald Hubert Irvin John Kenneth Lloyd Martin Nero Oliver Paul Quincy Randolph Sherman Thomas Uncas Victor William Xerxes Yancy Zeus Wolfe­schlegelstein­hausenberger­dorffvoraltern­waren­gewissenhaft­schaferswessen­schafewaren­wohlgepflege­und­sorgfaltigkeit­beschutzen­von­angreifen­durch­ihrraubgierigfeinde­welche­voraltern­zwolftausend­jahres­vorandieerscheinen­wander­ersteer­dem­enschderraumschiff­gebrauchlicht­als­sein­ursprung­von­kraftgestart­sein­lange­fahrt­hinzwischen­sternartigraum­auf­der­suchenach­diestern­welche­gehabt­bewohnbar­planeten­kreise­drehen­sich­und­wohin­der­neurasse­von­verstandigmen­schlichkeit­konnte­fortplanzen­und­sicher­freuen­anlebens­langlich­freude­und­ruhe­mit­nicht­ein­furcht­vor­angreifen­von­anderer­intelligent­geschopfs­von­hinzwischen­sternartigraum, Senior.

Of course, I'd properly link to the wikipedia article, but y'know: en.wikipedia. org/wiki/Wolfe%2B585,_Senior

His name literally translates to "Who before ages were conscientious shepherds whose sheep were well tended and diligently protected against attackers who by their rapacity were enemies who 12,000 years ago appeared from the stars to the humans by spaceships with light as an origin of power, started a long voyage within starlike space in search for the star which has habitable planets orbiting and whither the new race of reasonable humanity could thrive and enjoy lifelong happiness and tranquility without fear of attack from other intelligent creatures from within starlike space."

It may not be manly, per se, but it's pretty damn cool.

Please print your full name on this form here, here and here.

Wed May 30, 2012 9:03 pm

Wolf wrote:You know what? Storm is right. The manliest name a man can have is a woman's name.

My name is Sue, how do you do?

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:03 am

Mmm Manly names eh?
Bruce!

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:30 pm

Sue
Topic locked