UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Wed Jul 03, 2024 7:36 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Permanent Summon Glitch?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:23 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Oblivion
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 0
I was in hackdirt and was fighting all of the brethren in one of the houses and I summoned a mended flesh atronach and together we finished all of the bethren. I came into the house later, and standing there was the exact same mended flesh atronach, not summoned, not hostile, and wandering around the top floor of the house. Is there a way to purposely do this?

Post subject: Re: Permanent Summon Glitch?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:33 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Couldn't you just open the cs and change the time duraton of the spell to a really big number?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:37 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Oblivion
I'm kind of thinking that the reason this happened was because when I summoned the flesh atronach it couldn't walk past the two support beams for the roof in the house. Because of this, it got stuck in the house, and possibly stayed alive? Also when you summon something, it usually says _____'s flesh atronach, but this just says "flesh atronaucht" Strange.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:43 am 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: Oblivion, Morrowind (For a short period of time, until I found Oblivion.)
Probably one of those random glitches. I have those occasionally. Once I had a permanent summoned skeleton..I think it has to do with getting certain variables just right at the same time.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:59 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: oblivion
Platform: xbox360 pc
i discovered this and actually figured out how to do it over a year ago. first what you have to do is summon the creature then go through a door that creates a loading screen (i.e. loading enter a cave) but make sure that the creature didnt follow you by summoning it away from the door then running to the door and entering then if its not inside when the loading finishes just reload the autosave from entering the door then go back outside and if done correctly you will have a nonhostile summoned creature.

notes:
this doesnt work on all creatures (i think it works best with shambles and hungers from the shivering isle dlc/plug-in)

the permanently summoned monster will be hostile to guards or other npc's

the permanently summoned monster will disapear if you do not visit the area within three days (similar to items resetting that are stored in boxes) this is because the area resets every three days if you dont go to it

obviously its been a while since the last post but not terribly long so hopefully you will see this and if you have any questions make a post. But i dont guarantee i will see it.

Btw all credit goes to me i looked when i discovered it this glitch for like an hour and nobody had made a post or attempted to let others know, so im the first :D

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]