UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:03 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Tamriel Rebuilt: Sacred East
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:33 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO, Legends, Blades
Platform: PC, PS4, PS5, XSX
UESPoints: 5
So Tamriel Rebuilt's long-awaited Map 3: Sacred East was released yesterday and I know a number of forum goers over at the UESP have been eagerly awaiting this news for quite a while now:
Quote:
Sacred East (6. Jun 12 00:36)
posted by Thrignar Fraxix Discuss
-- Sacred East --
Sacred East Cover Art

Sacred East is now available for your enjoyment! Sacred East features some of the most lush terrain seen anywhere on Morrowind to date. With dense jungles, sparkling rivers, and impressive plantations, Sacred East is an adventure into the frontier of a previously-unexplored region: the lands of Great House Indoril. The Indoril may be known as the pious and religious among all the Great Houses, but they are not immune to terror, and it will be up to you to unravel the mysteries plaguing Almalexia's favored, as they call themselves. Prepare yourself for amazement, intrigue, and more than a little cross-country backpacking!

We have reworked the way we bring our releases to the community. You must delete all previous TR .ESM and .BSA files and replace them with the new versions: TR_Mainland, TR_Data.ESM, and TR_Data.BSA. This way you will not have to keep adding files for each release (up to 9 or 10 files for a single mod!), and instead simply replace the old file with the new one of the exact same name.

Sacred East includes an updated version of Telvannis & Antediluvian Secrets, as well as TR_Data (the data files required to play our content!). This release contains faction quests for Antediluvian Secrets, and miscellaneous quests for most settlement areas in Sacred East. Detailed lists and guides for quests may follow this release.

PlanetElderScrolls (awaiting FTP info)
ModDB (Pending Approval)
MW Nexus
Mediafire

Below is a short list of some of the places you can visit in Sacred East:

Akamora 1 2
A true gem of ingenuity in architectural achievement, there is perhaps no town of Indoril heritage quite as unique as Akamora. This mining settlement makes creative use of the limited real estate, although anyone with a fear of heights may think twice about spending time here.

Ayemar 1
A gleaming Indoril fortress, Ayemar sits at an integral point along the roads north and south. The views from this fortress proved key in the defense of wars long since past.

Bisandryon 1
An old and abandoned stronghold, Bisandryon is one of the largest of its kind in all of Morrowind. Many uses have since been proposed; shelters, Temple installments, even permanent settlements, but it still lies bereft of any Dunmer involvement. An enterprising adventurer may find a wealth of treasure within... if they can find their way back out.

Darnim 1
A small settlement, Darnim calls home the Inlet Bog, a somewhat depressed area not unlike to the Bitter Coast of Vvardenfell. These areas are wild and filled with animals.

Dreynim and Dreynim Spa 1
The hard-working citizens of Dreynim are polite, yet not overly welcoming; they do have work to do, after all! Some of the best flat-water and river-going vessels ever to sail through Morrowind called Dreynim home, but it is a far cry from its once glorious past. Even so, you might be lucky enough to see boats being constructed on the banks. Cross the river and travel north just a hair and you'll find yourself in the area of the famous Dreynim Spa. Perfect for relaxing after (or during!) an arduous journey, Dreynim's hot springs will provide the comfort of luxury to those who so desire it.

Dun Akafell 1
Many tales have been told of the dark, dangerous, and forbidden ruins at Dun Akafell. Shrouded in mystery, and likely more than a few traps, these ruins provide a challenge for only the bravest of souls.

Meralag 1
Nestled in the foothills of Sacred East, and on the banks of a river, Meralag sees traders and farmers pass through its walls on a frequent basis. You'll be hard-pressed to find a more convenient stop amid your travels.

Necrom 1
The jewel of the region, the holiest of holies, the city of Necrom is famous for its white walls and somber atmosphere, which can send chills down your spine even on the sunniest of days. This city brooks no trouble from visitors, who will find themselves face-to-face with the elite guard, Ordinators in Mourning, should they put a single toe out of line.

Nethril Plantation 1
The large plantation of Nethril provides crops for much of the region, and its owning family holds great political power because of those crops. This site is one of the more innovative uses of the MH tileset

Sailen 1
One of the main House Indoril settlements, Sailen sees a decent amount of trade and foot traffic, as one of the last stops on the road to Necrom from pilgrims traveling south.

Seitur 1
On the eastern coast of the mainland, the little gathering of huts is a welcome reprieve from the forests further west. Seitur sees little trade, but is home to expert fishermen.

---

Tamriel Rebuilt aims to recreate "Mainland Morrowind" as Bethesda would have, had they included it in the third Elder Scrolls game. TR uses a combination of imagination and lore to bring you new areas to explore, new secrets to discover, and allowing a host of new adventures to unfold.

--- Current Events ---

Tamriel Rebuilt needs questers! Not just people to design quests, but the people who actually create them in the CS and often create scripts to go alongside them. We are anxious to bring you the latest release, but are a bit short on this type of modder. The ability to work in a team, and forgo any dreams of grand "Wrath of the Lich King"-type quest ideas and implementations are necessary for such work, along with a sense for the type of lore-based dialogue that we write. In addition to questers, TR always needs interior modders and exterior modders. Even if you don't feel your skills are adequate, our Showcase process helps teach new modders the skills and habits they need to become adept at using the CS. Finally, though there isn't too terribly much of a lasting demand, there are a number of models we still currently need. Our most pressing needs at the moment are the mushroom trees of the Othreleth woods, and assorted flora and new ground textures for the Deshaan plains. Further information on these and other potential pieces can be found on our forums, and pieces of these larger sets work well as modeling showcases.

If anyone here wants to help TR bring its work to the public sooner, please visit our board's Showcase forum and post a thread showing a bit of what you know about modding and a line about this "help wanted" blurb. Don't forget to register at the forum before you try, if you haven't already!

So for all those of you who've been hanging out for this release, and even those of you who haven't, head on over and check it out.

Beginner's Guide to Morrowind

Post subject: Re: Tamriel Rebuilt: Sacred East
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:35 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

That's right, this release includes all the previous content, and I believe it adds more quest content to Map 2. This release replaces previous releases, as I believe TR plans to do with all new releases, so if you haven't yet installed any TR Maps, just install this one and you should be set.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:43 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

UESPoints: 0
FINALLY! I've always showed a great interest in Indoril and their holdings, so as soon as i've got this installed I doubt my family will be seeing me for a well over a few weeks.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:43 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I'm really interested in TR's Great House Indoril, and plan to attempt to join and playthrough what exists of it if possible. I don't predict there will be much though, I'm waiting for the release of Map 4: Almalexia, which shouldn't be too far away, for actual substantial Indoril content, but I may be pleasantly surprised. If anyone else comes across anything, sharing it here or in the House Indoril thread would be much appreciated :mrgreen:.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:33 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

I will make sure to, but knowing me, i'd probably get caught up in all the new antediluvean secrets quests. Does anybody have any ideas when the Tamriel Rebuilt pages will be edited?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:18 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I haven't had a chance to check it out myself, but I'm 99% certain that there is no House Indoril in this release Crepe, just misc. quests and Faction Quests for Antediluvian Secrets.

Scozzar, you only need the new release, you shouldn't require the previous releases as they are contained in the new 'TR_Mainland', 'TR_Data.ESM' and 'TR_Data.BSA' files.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:31 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

No problem, be sure to let me know if it doesn't work properly though :mrgreen: I can confirm there is no Indoril questline unfortunately and I'll do a little review/report maybe over the winter holidays in two weeks time once I really get stuck into it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:34 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Morrowind, Skyrim
Platform: PC
Hi Scozzar, Haplo from TR here. That issue was with an old model of a Vermai still being called by the engine even after it was removed. Our recent patch, 1.1, fixes that problem. Patch 1.1 is available at the same locations as version 1.0 of Sacred East.

Thanks!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]