UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: dity-dity-done-done-dity
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:53 am 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Skyrim, Oblivion, alittle of Marrowwind and now ESO
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / PS5
UESPoints: 0
well this character is toast, everything is fracking up on it, freezing, unlock doors not opening, magical effect floating in the air and not disappearing.

thought it was another problem, but its happening everywhere now,
including old save points, everythiong loads fine, then the freezing starts about 30-1 min after it loads up.

have close to 180 hours of play time over a 3 month period,
not sure if i want to start up another character on the PS3.

even tried going into SI, everything freezing their also.

so its looks to be offically over for now.

Quote of the Week =

"Writers don't get mad they get even in their novels."
― Candace C. Bowen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:05 am 
Warder
Warder

sorry...
I'm not a expert on the glitch factor, lets wait for codex, weka, or somone else that might know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:15 am 
Master
Master

Hmm.... does the Reference ID bug happen on PS3? Overwritten and corrupted save games plus other weird accurances are common...

Check here to see if your game exibits the symptoms: http://uesp.net/wiki/Shivering:Reference_Bug

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:57 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I think Jeff has already given Blackhawk the answer in another post, the a-bomb.

Sorry to hear Blackhawk, I've really loved hearing about the adventures of that char over the mths you've been here!! :D

So new char on the PC now then?!! Looking forward to hearing about more adventures!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:30 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

This is the first I've heard of the a-bomb on the PS3, but with the game having the same engine it was inevitable.

The a-bomb can't be fixed on the X-Box because of Microsoft's file check integrity thing. I wonder if it's possible to fix on a PS3?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:07 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

This is the first I have heard of the A-bomb on a PS3 Also. The A-bomb was an early bug, before the PS3 came out.

There is a certain data byte, that when it reaches a certain number (threshold), which causes the A-bomb. The fix is reseting that byte. This explains it a bit more: http://wrye.ufrealms.net/Wrye%20Bash.html#RepairAbomb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:19 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

A-bomb was an early bug, but one that was never fixed.

There are third-party apps that fix it like Wrye's and this one http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5127

But those fixes are only for the PC.

You need over 200 hours with one character on the PC for the a-bomb to kick in. It usually doesn't show up on X-Boxes until after 500 hours, so it really only affects a minority of players. Without the mods that PC gamers can add, there's probably not much to do after around 400 hours.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:42 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Vesna wrote:
Hmm.... does the Reference ID bug happen on PS3?

The Reference Bug is fixed by the latest Patch. I believe that this was another one that happened before the PS3 Came out. It was most notable after SI was released (although it started happening on PCs earlier, due to user made mods). If I remember correctly, Oblivion for PS3 comes with the Patch. Not sure on the exact release date of SI & PS3.

- - - - -

Wyre Bash has the added benifit of doing many other things, which is why I offer that as a better solution. If you play on PC, and use/make Player Made Mods, Wyre Bash is almost a must have. It is just as important as OBMM & OBSE. Also, Wyre is an Editor of the Wiki, and can also offer more advice/help as needed.

- - - - -

I'm curious, what is your interest in OAF? It is almost like you are SPAMMING it.

Another curious, is that OAF has suddenly popped up here: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Technical_Support#Stuck_Door.2FSlow_Framerate_on_Some_Animations

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:21 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

OAF is simpler to use than Wryebash, as it's a simple executable that fixes the save file. I agree with you that Wrye Bash is better - it does a lot more. But it can be difficult to install for non-techies.

I'm not spamming OAF, just trying to be helpful. Maybe you're spamming Wrye Bash.

;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:41 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

:o I don't spam... :cry:

Okay sorry. It was just that 3 of your first 10 posts were for OAF. An unfortunate coincidence that there were 3 Abomb incidents when you arrived. Which in itself is strange/odd, since it started almost 2 years ago, and most are aware of it, and how to fix it.

True, it is simpler to set up & run. I've just used Wyre Bash more, and believe it is good to have. Even if you don't need it now, as you may need it later.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]