UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:09 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Llathasa's Bust: Theives Guild quest BUG. Need Help!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:23 am 
Layman
Layman

When trying to complete quest I arrived by Myvryna Arano's House and before I could enter the house I was confronted by the Imperial Guard because I had a bounty for stealing the Llathasas bust in the first place. I chose to pay the gold because I didn't feel like battling guards while trying to place the bust in the house. After being let go I returned to the house, bounty free, entered the house and now when I try to place the Bust into the cubbord it tells me that "You cannot remove quest items from your inventory". Anyone know how to get around this problem?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:30 am 
Master
Master

Console or PC?

Try waiting a bit. Or reload an earlier save.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:32 am 
Master
Master

Actually, you might want to try to kill/steal something from a fellow guild member and pay the blood price (or whatever you need). That MIGHT fix the bug.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:39 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

UESPoints: 0
From what I remember, when you select "Myvryna's Cupboard", it should ask if you want to put the statuette in the cupboard. You should not have the normal container menu. Make sure it says "Myvryna's Cupboard".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:30 pm 
Layman
Layman

I can't repay the price to re-join the theives guild because Ahmand is "MIA" during this part of the mission and S'kazza or however you say her name isn't in her house yet because ahmand hasn't told me about her yet. I get the menu when I go to her cuppord to place the bust in. Its not the normal item menu, it allows me to place items in the cubbord but it won't let me place the Bust in because it says "cannot remove quest items from inventory".

Console version btw.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:55 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Unfortunately, all I can think of now, it to load a save, before you went to jail. If you had the PC, I could figure a console work around for you.

There is the glitch, about going to jail, where you get the perm effect from quest items. However, you didn't go to jail, you paided the fine. However, they would still take your stolen itmes, and the Bust is technially stolen. So the game probably tried to remove it from your inventory, but couldn't, since it was a quest item. Thus might be the cause of the glitch/bug.

I have heard that when you go to jail, that (current) quest items can not be removed when needed. This has not been confirmed, or known why, I've just seen it a few times before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:10 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ironfang wrote:
...Ahmand is "MIA" during this part of the mission

Armand is in the very last warehouse (near the Bloated Float), in the basement. You should be able to break in and find him. He's just sitting there in a chair, hanging out.

S'Krivva should be in or around her house regardless of Armand telling you about her. She is out and about a lot.
wiki wrote:
S'Krivva is usually at home reading or eating in a chair in the southwest corner of her house, but she also eats lunch at Silverhome on the Water at noon (12.00 PM). You can find her at the Lonely Suitor Lodge in the evening around dinner time, as well as all day Tirdas and Turdas.
I think I read somewhere that she goes to the Skooma Den occassionally, but I can't remember right off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:11 am 
Master
Master

S'Krivva goes every day to the Lonely Suitor Lodge. You can still use her as a doyen even when you just join the guild, she will just not give you any quests.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]