UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:10 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Felldew Addiction
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:27 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Oblivion Morrowind Skyrim SE
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 0
Greetings all!

How exactly can I take advantage of the Felldew lowering of stats in order to raise my attributes above their current level or above 100? I know it's possible clearly, but how do I do it when I'm in Dunroot Burrow....doesn't make sense to me! Hope all is well with you kind folks.

Mark 8)

Post subject: Re: Felldew Addiction
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:24 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind and Oblivion
Here's the official explanation:

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Increa ... te_Bonuses

Good luck!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:09 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Oblivion Morrowind Skyrim SE
Thank you for the information and referral ....However, as many times as I've played through Shivering Isles, a question remains...How do I level up during the quest (no bed), and is there a benefit if my attributes are all less ( in some cases, like endurance I'm just under 100 at level 15)...the other attributes, ie intelligence are below. So how do I level up? Thanks for our kind reply. All the best. Mark 8)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:01 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: III, IV, V
Platform: XB1
UESPoints: 10
iirc the way I do it is to pick up the Felldew from the Elytra outside Dunroot Burrow and then turn around and go back to Passwall / New Sheoth (or even Cyrodiil) to do my leveling up as I normally would. Then later on I come back to Dunroot and pick up another Felldew from the respawned Elytra to get me through the membrane door thing into the quest dungeon.

This is (apparently) slightly risky though because if the Elytra doesn't respawn it will break the quest. I've never had that problem myself but it's something to bear in mind.

MGSPhilly wrote:
is there a benefit if my attributes are all less
Yes you can still boost your stats up to the 110/115 max, you just need to keep leveling up until you get to 100 whilst under the worst effects of the drug. So the higher your stats start out the less time you need to spend leveling up under the 'Ruinous Felldew Withdrawal' effect, that's all.

tbh I always wait until I've got 100 in all stats I want to boost and then do this Felldew leveling ASAP - because the -15 STR is quite painful for my stealth-mage characters.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:42 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim Legendary
Thank you everyone who read and responded....appreciate the insights.
I normally play games as the developers intended, but I tried a little trick which (unfortunately, perhaps) works. Kill the Elytra outside Dunroot Burrow, then press the wait button for an hour or two, another appears.....carrying feldew. I did this until I had 7 potions of feldew....not the way to play, eh? Strangely....and I mean strangely,,,,I went into the Burrow and never had any on-screen messages telling me my addiction is worsening (I didn't drink any more feldew from the one that got me through the "gate")....I noticed a -15 to some stats, but not drinking any other potions and not getting the notification of what stage is I was in was a quest breaker, so I killed the addicts in the last stage did not "ingest the cure" and slept for an hour on one of the beds. I don't think it did anything! So I took the cup and my stats were only amended by that which I would have gained sleeping, ie, in the Bravil Mage's Guild. Don't understand it...maybe the script checked that I had 7 felldew (LOL) before entering, and that disabled messaging for some reason. Take care all. 8) Mark