UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:37 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: Arena stage bug (bug not knowing by UESP database)
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 8:42 pm 
Layman
Layman

Hello,

I got a problem with the Arena Quests in Oblivion. I've started the Arena Quest today and killed the first 2 npc's from the Pit Dog rank. After killing the second i go back to Owyn (the blademaster) to turn the quest in and i get this:

Okay so you did it again what do you want for me blabla, get out of my face pit dog. And he gives me 50dollars

The normal answer he should give, so i though everything is alright and im getting the Grey Prince Quest right after this dialoge and i just complete the Gray Prince Quest and get my bonus he gives. After turning in the Quest at the Grey Prince i went to Owyn again for my third arena fight but Owyn still keeps me the same dialogue as i sayed before.

I can talk to him much as i want and he keep giving me the 50dollars without getting the next dialogue. I should get that im ready for the third opennent. Also if i go to the guy were you can bet on arena matches he keeps saying than i can't bet on my own game and that i need to finish it first.

Another screenshot from my Quest log:

Hope you guys can help me with this bug i didnt found the solution yet.
(Looks like i can not include those screenshots in the post)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 8:56 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY (1), Oblivion GOTY (2), Skyrim (3)
Platform: Pc (1), Xbox 360 (2, 3)
UESPoints: 0
This sounds like just a minor console bug, not an actual Oblivion game bug.
Doing the origins of the gray prince quest after the second match has never had effect on my games so it shouldn't be that it happens all the time.

Before you make a new game, try hurting (lots of weapons around) Owyn just to nudge him away and maybe reset the bug, then go to prison and return. If he has not changed his dialouge then, only by being on PC do you have a chance I guess :wink: if you are on pc someone will have the console commands to change his dialouge or even raise your rank to speed things up. If your not on pc... yea

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 9:04 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Oblivion, Morrowind
Platform: PC
What system do you play on? If you are on PC, you could try this console command:
Code:
completequest arenadialogue

I'm not entirely sure this will work, so save before you try.

If you're playing on PS3 or Xbox, I'd imagine your only solution would be to revert to an older save.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:25 am 
Layman
Layman

Thanks alot for the fast answers. Yes im playing on PC and already tryed some console command but the ones i used didnt work. I tryed:
Code:
completequest arenadialogue

But it doesn't change anything, also attacking Owyn and later go to the jail don't change anything about the dialogue.

I think i need a command that Owyn gives me the next dialogue that im ready for the third oppent. Strange thing is that all the other quest just work, and i dont wanna start a new game since my character is on level 28 already :P .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:41 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Metalbuster wrote:
I think i need a command that Owyn gives me the next dialogue that im ready for the third oppent. Strange thing is that all the other quest just work, and i dont wanna start a new game since my character is on level 28 already :P .

Yeah, I thought of that too, but I simply can't find that command. You could try this one though, but I'm still not sure if it'll work or not.
Code:
setstage ArenaDialogue 23

If that doesn't work, you could try different numbers (24, 25, 26, etc). 40 will make you Arena Grand Champ. And as always, save before you try.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 7:35 pm 
Layman
Layman

None of those commands work, i also tryed the command that im the champion already but than The Grey Prince doesn't change his dialogue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:06 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

You've seriously got me stumped here. I can't think of anything else that might help you, but I'll have a good look in the Construction Set and see if something comes up. Stay tuned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:58 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Well, I had a look in the CS, but I can't find anything other than what I've already suggested...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 1:04 pm 
Master
Master

Edit: Nvm, misread.

“Gods!” hollered Zaki, sending the young man flying with a well-placed punch, and dashing away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:45 pm 
Layman
Layman

Well thanks alot for the time you spent on helping me! Looks like i need to forget the arena than, atleast all the other quests are ok!

The next character i play with im gonna start with the Arena i think, maybe some order of the quest will cause this bug or some mods you never know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:55 pm 
Layman
Layman

Ok, i think i got the solution. What i do now is enter the arena with "tcl" so i can go though the gate. Once im in the arena circle i use the "prid" and "move to player" command for the next oppent i got. This will spawn my next oppent in the arena but hes not attacking me but i can kill him what i do everytime. Than im going back to Owyn and he actually gives me the next stage of "congratsulation".

The first 2 oppents just went normal and with the third one the bug was there. Doing this with the third works and Owyn advanced me to "Brawler".
And on my character titles im also Brwaler at the arena. Looks lik this works until im Grand Champion and i will see than if the Gray Prince want to fight with me.

Thing is that everytime i use the PRID command i select that NPC and after i killed the guy in the arena i need to reboot oblivion cause if i use TCL than the npc will go through walls and not me. So now is my question is tehre any console command that the console will reset so that tcl will select me and not the npc i used with prid. So i need a command that will just reset the console as it was when i started the game.

I hope you people understand what im saying here, my english is not that good sorry for that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:34 pm 
Layman
Layman

Anyone? (kick topic)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]