UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:41 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ] 
 Post subject: Money tips & Recharge / Repair & Race help
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:58 pm 
Associate
Associate

Hi :o

I'm new here, you guys have great topics with great answers!

1) I'm making a new character (damn Vapirism quest glitch), but in my old save I have 30.000 gold with 33 hours of gameplay. Was REALLY HARD to make all this money. I have to steal a lot from "knights" in some dungeons, Daedra Weapons/Armors and stuff, whic cost like 800 gold in the Bruma Thieve member. Oh, and I'm Grand Champion in the Arena.

I wanna make a new character, but how can I make money faster? Now that I'm already familiar with the game mechanics, I wanna make all types of spells in the early stage of the game.

------------------------------------

2) I'm a "Pure Mage". But I didn't recharge my staff's ONE SINGLE TIME! Because is **** expensive! My Staff, the one which the Arcane University give to you costs like 7000~8000 gold to recharge. :(

Is this right? How can you guys pay this price?

Or it's easier just buy A LOT Staffs and enchant all of them, and then when they go 0/8000 sell in the NPC?

The same question about repair.

-------------------------------------

3) I'm thinking about making a mix of Nightblade, Crusader and Spellsword.

I wanna have Athletics, Acrobatics, Blade, Destruction and Restoration as major skill. I intend to use Conjuration and Alteration, but not all the time. Illusion is useless IMO, and I don't wanna wear a shield. I don't care about Alchemy either, I can just make some "negative potions" sometimes but that's all.

I wanna a character that can summon a Daedra Lord and use all sort os spells to ***** with the enemy, like burden, drain Health, Magicka and Fatigue, Silence, Paralyze, Weak 100% Fire, and use a lot of fire spell. But I wanna use the sword too! For close combat.

What's the best Race for me? Female Breton it's a good one, but I'm not sure about playing with a female character. :P

:arrow: Forgive my crappy english.

Post subject: Re: Money tips & Recharge / Repair & Race help
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:19 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Oblivion, Morrowind
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 0
Quote:
I'm making a new character (damn Vapirism quest glitch), but in my old save I have 30.000 gold with 33 hours of gameplay. Was REALLY HARD to make all this money. I have to steal a lot from "knights" in some dungeons, Daedra Weapons/Armors and stuff, whic cost like 800 gold in the Bruma Thieve member. Oh, and I'm Grand Champion in the Arena.

I wanna make a new character, but how can I make money faster? Now that I'm already familiar with the game mechanics, I wanna make all types of spells in the early stage of the game.

To make money fast, use Alchemy and make restore fatigue potions. You say you can only make a few negative potions, but there are alot of different ingredients which have different capabilities. Read this article for better to understand the skill. You can also raid dungeons and ruins for items to sell. Also remember, as you level, you will find better and better loot. Believe me, when you reach the levels of 20+, gold is rarely a problem.

Quote:
I'm a "Pure Mage". But I didn't recharge my staff's ONE SINGLE TIME! Because is **** expensive! My Staff, the one which the Arcane University give to you costs like 7000~8000 gold to recharge. :(

Is this right? How can you guys pay this price?

Or it's easier just buy A LOT Staffs and enchant all of them, and then when they go 0/8000 sell in the NPC?

You can use soul gems to recharge your enchanted weapons.

Quote:
I'm thinking about making a mix of Nightblade, Crusader and Spellsword.

I wanna have Athletics, Acrobatics, Blade, Destruction and Restoration as major skill. I intend to use Conjuration and Alteration, but no all the time. Illusion is useless IMO, and I don't wanna wear a shield. I don't care about Alchemy either, I can just make some "negative potions" sometimes but that's all.

I wanna a character that can summon a Daedra Lord and use all sort os spells to ***** with the enemy, like burden, drain Health, Magicka and Fatigue, Silence, Paralyze, Weak 100% Fire, and use a lot of fire spell. But I wanna use the sword too! For close combat.

What's the best Race for me? Female Breton it's a good one, but I'm not sure about playing with a female character. :P

I'm not really the person to ask when it comes to character creation. There are alot of great minds on this forum which can give you much better advices on that subject than me :)

Also a tip; Have plenty of saves. You are bound to encounter a glitch at some point in this game. The thieves guild questline can be especially buggy.

A viking is just a horny pirate.

Last edited by Codex on Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:21 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
You pay to recharge stuff? my friend..you have been missing out...Soul gems with souls in them recharge depleted magical items, and repairing doesn't cost all that much.
uh, Make potions and sell them
There are some farms near kvatch which are uninhabited yet yield a great many fatigue potion ingredients. Sell those potions and you'll make a lot! =]
also, loot everything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:22 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games: Oblivion, favourite game probably.
Platform: xbox360, used to be on PC
Races

Altmer=Offence mage

Breton=Defence mage

Dunmer can also make good mages.

Starsigns

The mage=50 pts extra magic with no weaknesses, good for all mages.

The apprentice=100pts extra magic with 100% weakness to magic, good for offencive mages

The atronach=150pts extra magicka with stunted magicka,50% spell absorption and good for defensive mages(Spell absorption is used to regain your magic)

Staves

Make your mage staff adjust to you and have many spells to back it up. Use Azura's star to soul trap creatures.

Ingridients

Go to all the farms you find at take any ingridients you want. Make many restore fatigue potions and sell them to the mages guild or an alchemist.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:34 pm 
Warder
Warder

Codex wrote:
Quote:

To make money fast, use Alchemy and make restore fatigue potions. You say you can only make a few negative potions, but there are alot of different ingredients which have different capabilities. Read this article for better to understand the skill. You can also raid dungeons and ruins for items to sell. Also remember, as you level, you will find better and better loot. Believe me, when you reach the levels of 20+, gold is rarely a problem.

^that.

Also, alchemy gets you LOTS of money after journeyman. And master is just crazy. =P

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:55 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion
doktor wrote:
1) I'm making a new character (damn Vapirism quest glitch), but in my old save I have 30.000 gold with 33 hours of gameplay.

Aha! i know how to cut down the gameplay hours and get more gold! Simply by doing the Dorian Money Glitch. Inside the Talos Plaza District.

As for a new character, Breton for Defence magic (i.e. Restoration +10) But also are skilled in different classes, such as Mysticsm +10, Conjuration +10. Obviously with a custom class you can use a Breton's full potential, but if you use the default class Spellsword. Then you might get some potential, but not alot.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:59 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

Liam wrote:
doktor wrote:
1) I'm making a new character (damn Vapirism quest glitch), but in my old save I have 30.000 gold with 33 hours of gameplay.

Aha! i know how to cut down the gameplay hours and get more gold! Simply by doing the Dorian Money Glitch. Inside the Talos Plaza District.

As for a new character, Breton for Defence magic (i.e. Restoration +10) But also are skilled in different classes, such as Mysticsm +10, Conjuration +10. Obviously with a custom class you can use a Breton's full potential, but if you use the default class Spellsword. Then you might get some potential, but not alot.

1.) Why glitch? Play it fair. I've got 60K and more without glitches

2.) Conjuration and Mysticism are classes as Defencive magics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:06 pm 
Associate
Associate

Thanks for all the answers!

It's my first time playing Oblivion, so... I'm a little bit newbie

What's the difference between Alchemy lv 30 and Alchemy lv 100 for example?

And what is all that "lab equipament" ? I Mean, Pest & Mortar, Master bla bla bla, something like this. Sorry, I don't remember the exact name.

Is there a better summon than Daedra Lord?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:11 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

You get better Apperatus at higher levels, but I'm not goin to write all the effects and all, sorry :P

And you get perks a different mastery levels.

As for the Dremora Lord I dont know, I dont think about Conjuration that much.

Last edited by kjdanext on Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:11 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
doktor wrote:

And what is all that "lab equipament" ? I Mean, Pest & Mortar, Master bla bla bla, something like this. Sorry, I don't remember the exact name.

1: the difference is the amount of effects you can identify from an ingredient and so on, potency (I think) so at lvl 30 you are stil an apprentice and can only identify 2, while being slightly not potent, then at lvl 100 alchemy you can identify every effect from an ingredient and make potent potions.

2: each lab equipment does different things. This may help

3: I'm not too sure to be perfectly honest, I remember asking that exact question

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:12 pm 
Warder
Warder

doktor wrote:

Can't tell you about the summoning.

But as you progress through the alchemy skill you'll be able to spot more effects on ingredients, making them more matchable. Imagine an ingredient has effect A and B, and another has effect C and A. If you are high enough to spot the A in the second, you can combine them to make a potion. If you aren't high enough, you can't make a potion off them.

Also, at level 100 you can make potions from only one ingredient. Imagine you get some grapes. You can make wine from them.

The Mortar and Pestle, Calcinator and stuff are tools you use to make potions. If you have the four tools, the potion's effect will be better. Has with levels, alchemy tools also have levels. 'Novice Mortar and Pestle', Journeyman Mortar and Pestle'...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:17 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

If you read the link I gave you earlier, everything is explained.

Still:
    Mastery Perks

A Novice (alchemy < 25) recognizes one of four potential alchemical properties of an ingredient.
    An Apprentice (alchemy 25-49) recognizes two of four potential alchemical properties of an ingredient.
    A Journeyman (alchemy 50-74) recognizes three of four potential alchemical properties of an ingredient.
    An Expert (alchemy 75-99) recognizes all four potential alchemical properties of an ingredient.
    A Master (alchemy 100) can make potions from a single ingredient. Only the first effect of the chosen ingredient gets added into the potion.

As for the summon, I believe the Xivilai is the most powerful creature you can conjure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:19 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Oblivion
Platform: PC, Xbox 360
doktor wrote:

A higher alchemy level will cause your potions to be more powerful, as well as allowing you to see all the effects an ingredient has (a novice can see 1 effect, an apprentice can see 2, a Journeyman can see 3, and an expert can see all 4).

doktor wrote:

There's a Mortar & Pestle, which is required to make potions, a Retort, which increases the magnitude and duration of all positive effects of the potion, a Calcinator, which increases the magnitude and duration of all effects both positive and negative, and an Alembic, which decreases the magnitude and duration of negative side-effects in potions (not in poisons). You can find 5 different levels of Alchemy apparatus. Higher level apparatus will allow you to make more powerful potions. Here's their levels from lowest to highest: Novice, Apprentice, Journeyman, Expert, and Master.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:21 pm 
Warder
Warder

Sorry for the off-topic, but I beat both Codex and teinaava. =P mwahahah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:36 pm 
Associate
Associate

Now I get it. :)

Sorry for my distraction. I'm reading Alchemy right now.

One last question:

1) Tips where I can kill humanoids to fill Black Soul Gem? (Without Bounty of course)

Last edited by doktor on Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:40 pm 
Warder
Warder

doktor wrote:
Now I get it. :)

Sorry for my distraction. I'm reading Alchemy right now.

One last question:

1) Where can I get Master (or any above Novice) alchemy equipaments? Alembic, Retort, etc?

1) I don't know, but I think I have found some in guild hall alchemists. (mages guild)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:40 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

You have the spell effect, you must create the magnitude yourself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:45 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Oblivion
Platform: PC, Xbox 360
doktor wrote:
1) I have Aegis (Shield 50%). Why I can enchant armor with just Shield 10% ?

The highest amount of shield you can enchant with a Soul Gem is 10%. If you want to enchant more, you can use a Sigil Stone. A Transcendent Sigil Stone (level 17+) will allow you to enchant 20% shield.

doktor wrote:
2) Where I can get Master (or any above Novice) alchemy equipaments? Alembic, Retort, etc?

You will be able to find higher level Apparatus at higher levels. You can buy Alchemy Apparatus from Alchemy Vendors and you can find it in random loot (you're more likely to find one in a Conjurer or Necromancer dungeon). You can buy Apprentice equipment at level 6, Journeyman at 14, and Expert at 18 (you can't buy Master Apparatus). You can find Apprentice equipment in random loot at level 5, Journeyman at 9, Expert at 13, and Master at 17.

doktor wrote:
Tips where I can kill humanoids to fill Black Soul Gem? (Without Bounty of course)

You could clear out a Conjurer, Necromancer, Vampire, Bandit, or Marauder Dungeon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:21 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Slight spoiler! (Money making)

Another way to earn some septims is to do the Black Bow Bandits quest you get from Count Marius Caro in Leyawiin. He will pay you 100 gold for each black bow you give him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:45 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
doktor wrote:
1) I have Aegis (Shield 50%). Why I can enchant armor with just Shield 10% ?

A better option is to use an elemental shield effect (Fire, Frost or Shock Shield) since they provide a similar Armor Rating increase like standard Shield, not to mention resistance to elemental damage (Fire, Frost or Shock Damage, respectively).
For comparison, an elemental shield enchant provided by a Transcendent Sigil Stone (level 17+) will grant a 5% greater Armor Rating increase than a Shield enchant obtained the same way.

I would also like to add that, while wearing armor negatively affects your Spell Effectiveness, Shield and elemental shield do not.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]