UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:09 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: Best Summon?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:41 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

I don't know if this has been asked b4, but I get tired of searching through lists when going from page to page takes about a full minute for some reason.

Anyways, what do you think is the best summon?

I really don't think it's the one that costs the most magicka, so I'm wondering which one would do the most damage in it's life span, and which could take the most damage before dying.

Things I have tried..

The Daedroth- It has a lot of hitpoints, and does decent damage, but sometimes it doesn't hit at all because it hits way to slow and is easy to block against, the problem with it's attacks being blocked is that it gets knocked back, taking a long time to retaliate and attack again.

Dremora Lord- Has good spells, decent melee, attacks pretty fast, but the health is something I don't like. Sometimes I summon these, and they die in like 10 seconds, even in 1v1. This is the summon I currently use. They also take out a large chunk of magicka.

Gloom Wraith- This I have not tried, but when I fight them, they are a pain to kill and they are annoying. They also take a larger chunk of magicka then the dremora lord, and time span is shorter then the Dremora Lords. They also move slow.

Lich- Slow, only decent health, casts only spells (which it usually misses), sometimes hits me, costs more magicka then the Gloom Wraith, and lives for even a shorter time then the Gloom Wraith.

Xivilai- Might be the best one, but not sure. It has good health, spells that do great damage, and a decent melee, but is really tall, which gets in the way, and takes a larger chunk of magicka then the Dremora Lord.

^Their my reviews, but I'm not completely sure if I'm using my magicka efficiently in battles.

What do you think I should use?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:51 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Oblivion
Platform: PC, Xbox 360
UESPoints: 0
I think a Gloom Wraith is the best. It has a lot of health (500) and has some good spells. However, it uses up a good bit of magicka.

Also, I noticed you said the Daedroth has a lot of hitpoints and a lich only has decent health. A daedroth has less health than a lich. A lich has 360 health, while a daedroth has 280.

Last edited by Teinaava on Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:58 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

Oh, thanks, I must have thought he lived longer because of his health, maybe it justs seems that way because he uses that shield spell as soon as he is summoned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:09 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Oblivion
Platform: PC, Xbox 360
dieinhell100 wrote:
Gloom Wraith- ...time span is shorter then the Dremora Lords.

By "time span" do you mean the duration of the summon? If so, you can always go to a spellmaking altar and make a spell with a higher duration.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:48 am 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion
Platform: PC/Windows 7 x64, PS3
I'm surprised neither of you considered my favorite, the Storm Atronach. It has a lot of good characteristics:
--350 hit points, with 15% reflect damage, means it has the equivalent of 410 hit points.
--Good melee attack and 2 Shock spells, the weakness of most Deadra
--Immune to silence, paralysis, poison
--Stock summon spell lasts for 40 seconds

In most scenarios I find the Storm Atronach lasts longer than a Lich or Dremora; Gloom Wraith or Lich would probably be my 2nd choice most of the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:42 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: redguard,mw,ob and seeing the intro to arena and df.
Platform: pc
It depends on level and amount of magicka I got.
apprentice: ghost or zombie
journeyman:flame atronach or headless zombie
expert:faded wraith or one of the atronachs frost/fire
master:gloom wraith and sometimes shock atronach
usually have custom spells depending on level though :)
and not forget about bound armor,really handy one minute complete armor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:58 am 
Champion
Champion

Depends what you are up against, but i like Fire Atronach. It's cheap and quite durable.

It's reallly too bad you can not summon an army in Oblivion. I just enjoyed summoning a whole army of 16 followers (8+8) in Morrowind. It would sure help at the battle of Bruma. Bu tit would probably effect the FPS and so i understand. Still they could have let you summon a couple of them at the same time. For master conjurers at least.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:43 pm 
Novice
Novice

[quote="gregor"] I just enjoyed summoning a whole army of 16 followers (8+8) in Morrowind.quote]

I miss that to....The ones that carried the halberds were my favorite..... :roll:

Ive used a Daedroth for awhile, that along with a faded wraith. Never really got past those.

From expeirence i would have to say Daedroth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:53 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I know this wont help much, but my clear favorite are the Clannfear :)

Else, i normally use Xivilai, Gloom Wraith and Daedroth, and of those three, i prefer the Xivilai, then the Gloom Wraith.

If im greatly outnumbered, i use the Gloom Wraith, and hope for the best, but if im outnumbered, but not enough to waste my magicka on the Gloom Wraith, i summon my Xivilai, and again hope for the best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:58 pm 
Novice
Novice

The only bad thing about ghosts and what not, is they all tend to throw useless spells at shtuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:26 am 
Champion
Champion

i use the demora lord somtimes its weapons have a nasty enchantment on them, good hit points, some nasty shock spells and also ill be pelting the creature/creatures with destruction spells i also heal mu beasties.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:28 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

I would not suggest using Lich thats for sure. I am pretty experienced in the arts of Necromancy type spells and Daedric Spells. I favor these the most cause their spell cost is reasonable and they dont screw around.

Skeletons Line

All Skeletons in my opinion in this game suck. Not worth using at all even at level 1. Get ureself a Summon Zombie quickly.

Zombie Line

Headless Zombie - Probably the best Melee type Summoning u can get for Necromancer's dark arts. Which is needless to say sad.

Ghost Line

Faded/Gloom Wraith - Again not the best of choices. I seem to favor faded wraiths more just because they are much easier on ure Magicka.

Daedric Line

Daedroth - I probably consider this the best type of summoning for me. This beast can tank really well. Has decent hps and decent damage.

Clannfear - If you want the Ultimate tank for ure summoner. This is it. This has decent hps and it comes with its nice Reflect damage %. Not to mention these things are smart as they'll charge any enemy near u.[/b]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:26 am 
Champion
Champion

i always wondered and always forget ot check. there is a skeleton (champion i believe) that always summons another one. so if oyu summon it does it also summon his own summon?! If so then they are quite powerfull.

well another thing that ghosts have is that they can not be damaged by normal weapons so guards and bandits should be prety scared of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:01 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

gregor wrote:
i always wondered and always forget ot check. there is a skeleton (champion i believe) that always summons another one. so if oyu summon it does it also summon his own summon?! If so then they are quite powerfull.
Summons cannot create secondary summons. Use the link below and you'll notice that the summons version of the skeleton champion does not have the Summon Skeleton spell.
Link

gregor wrote:
well another thing that ghosts have is that they can not be damaged by normal weapons so guards and bandits should be prety scared of them.
Actually, most guards carry silver weapons even at low levels (it's how I got my silver bow at level 1 recently, thanks to the lovely unicorn) so guards will be able to fight off ghosts. Bandits are a different story. Additionally, summoned Ghosts only have a 50% resistance to normal weapons while summoned Faded Wraiths have a 150% normal weapon resistance and 200% resistance to both poison and frost, making them stronger than the wraiths you'd fight (well, in numbers anyway).

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]