UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:58 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Safe containers in Morrowind?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:06 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

I should just start a thread of xeno's silly questions =P.

Do Morrowind's containers reset like Oblivions? I know you cannot own houses, so where do you store stuff?

I cleaned of ms G's desk before placing the fake soul gem in it, but I have no use for the gems just yet. I know I will need them later, so where to put them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:19 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

Location: They have a large barge with a radio antenna that they charge and discharge.
UESPoints: 0
There's a few abandoned buildings where the containers don't reset where you can keep stuff, the most convenient one is St. Delyn North-One in Vivec. It's on the upper walkway of the St. Delyn canton (outside) just opposite the bridge to the Redoran canton. You get a closet, a chest and plenty of shelf space to store things.

Fanfiction :: Music

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:26 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

There are no resetting containers in Morrowind. If you put an item in a container it will be still there when you come take it out.

However, there are many containers that are owned by NPCs, and if you put items in them, when you remover those items they will change their ownership to that of the containers owner thus they will be considered stolen items. Get arrested and they will be confiscated.
Sometimes if the house owner is killed the containers become safe to use but it is by no means the norm. It is best to ask about a specific house/containers you wish to use and the answer can be given as to their safety.

Galbedir's desk is not owned so you can add/remove items from it without problems, BUT the soul gems on it are owned by her. This gives some problems. You can never go to her for enchanting with that type of soul gem in your inventory (no matter where you got it from) as she will know, attack you and the rest of the guild will join in. If you get arrested again you will loose all of that type of soul gems you have in your inventory.

You can own houses, you can get a stronghold from a House quest, and you can get three places on Solstheim whilst doing quests there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:34 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Yes
Platform: 9¾ leaving in 5 minutes.
rohugh wrote:
You can never go to her for enchanting with that type of soul gem in your inventory (no matter where you got it from) as she will know, attack you and the rest of the guild will join in.

Er... has anyone actually tested this... I saved, then attempted to enchant with one and she didn't mind. Selling it to her would make her attack me, enchanting didn't... maybe it was just a bug.

The only containers that reset are ones marked as organic" but you can't put things in them anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:05 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Dogmantra wrote:
Er... has anyone actually tested this... I saved, then attempted to enchant with one and she didn't mind. Selling it to her would make her attack me, enchanting didn't... maybe it was just a bug.

The only containers that reset are ones marked as organic" but you can't put things in them anyway.

There is, I believe, only a lesser one on her desk that is not filled. If you go to her with one of the others with a different soul then it will be a different id so no problems. If you go back to her with one of hers in your inventory or another lesser, that will trigger the attack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:04 am 
Champion
Champion

+ Caius gives you his house when he goes out to get some treatment on his skooma addiction... :D

although container remains in his propperty.

anyway i usually just put the stuff on the cabinets or on the floor. it's much easier to put stuff and arrange them there than in Oblivion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:12 pm 
Master
Master

Just kill someone for their house. :Twisted Evil: That is the easiest way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:03 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Bear wrote:
Just kill someone for their house. :Twisted Evil: That is the easiest way.

Ah, well, now that does not always work regarding the safety of using the owned containers in the house. There are some that do, and some that don't so it is best to ask before you wave your sword around and whack someone with it. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:43 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Well I did kill the guy in Sedya Neen that killed the tax collector. Are those "safe" containers in his house?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:02 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

No, they continue to change ownership even after he is dead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:20 am 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Oblivion, Morrowind, Daggerfall
Platform: Teh Box of Xitude. Also the 'puter.
Try the house behind the inn in Caldera...the one that the woman owns...that one works just fine for me, I even have a pet scrib in there :mrgreen:

...and diplomacy continues to fail. Their ears fall deaf, and their eyes fall blind, yet they are still not mute. They will not know their errors. Only what they believe themselves. But we... we shall not be silenced.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:18 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

These houses in Balmora are safe if you kill the owner.

Dura gra- Bol's
Astius Hanotepelus'
Tyermaillin's
Dralsea Arethri
Nine Toes
Dralosa Athren
Tsiya
Vori
Itan
Vorar Helas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:46 am 
Master
Master

Thank You! Now I have a better list. Let's see, who has the nicest pad? :Twisted Evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:31 am 
Champion
Champion

Vori has her house empty as she is in Sadrith Mora. But do you have to kill her to get safe container?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:56 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

gregor wrote:
Vori has her house empty as she is in Sadrith Mora. But do you have to kill her to get safe container?!

Yes, but that list is not recommending you kill anyone, it is just an example of houses that would have safe containers if the owner is dead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:33 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Thanks Rohugh! Maybe I will get one of them mad at me =P

Post subject: safe containers
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:19 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: redguard,mw,ob and seeing the intro to arena and df.
Platform: pc
You can always clean out a bandit-cave, for example that one outside Seyda Neen, or that one between Seyda neen-hla oad/odai plateau.

Or my favorite, just east of pelagiad fort is a big one,the verethi gang or something are there.Almsivi from there takes you to vivec,and divine+almsivi takes you to balmora :-)

....or you can always install a housemod,Asgard or something :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:52 am 
Layman
Layman

Problem with bandit caves is that some crates in there 'regrow' stuff, am I wrong ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:53 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hlaalo Manor in Balmora has Ralen Hlaalo dead on the floor who is a "perma-corpse" that has infinite storage space :wink:

P.S. Heres a list of Perma-Corpses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:33 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

blop wrote:
Problem with bandit caves is that some crates in there 'regrow' stuff, am I wrong ?

Yes, you are wrong.

There are a few containers that restock, those in the Fighters and Mages Guilds, the restocking containers and a barrel in Ahnassi's house. But you cannot add anything to these containers.

Of the other containers like those in bandit and smuggler caves, many contain leveled items, that is depending on your level when you look in them depends upon the quality in there. Taking an item from the container fixes the container so it never changes again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:11 am 
Layman
Layman

I just use the area in the Balmora Mages Guild with the four bunk beds. I have stuff on the bunk beds and the table, and I keep my skill books in the big closet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:32 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

I have always just used the house in sedya neen from the guy who killed the tax collector. I put stuff in containers as well as on the table and ive never had problems with it in the past.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:05 am 
Initiate
Initiate

You can always make a chest or crate and set it's Capacity though the roof. That's what I tend to do. Just make sure you set it as a new item to prevent messing up all the other containers in the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:58 pm 
Layman
Layman

Now I personally have alot of programing knowledge and the editor supplied with the 3 disc Morrowind/Tribunal/Bloodmoon set is awsome. So if you want a house and you don't want to kill an NPC for fear of screwing up your game, go into the editor and just build one. This also allows you to make a custom home exactly to your liking. Personally I have made a master home just outside of Caldera because of the 'Master Index' quest.

And once you get the hang of the editor it gets easier and easier to import your own 'mods'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:47 am 
Layman
Layman

And there is not one single contain outside of ones owned by the NPC's that will regenerate.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next