UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Nerevar and Nalcarya
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:58 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC, XBOX, 360
UESPoints: 2
A few searches turned up nothing on this one, but it's possible I overlooked a keyword.

Years ago I remember having read that if you enter the character name Vivec at startup, it changes the appearance of the Daedric Face of God. I thought that was cool but I never tried it out, and now I can find no mention of it in the Wiki. What I did try was a loose roleplay of a fully reincarnated Nerevar, and so that's the name of my current character. I'm nearly done with this run, and hadn't come across anything out of the ordinary in regards to the name until this week. Granted, I haven't been actively testing it, either, as I gradually worked through the main quest over the last 2 years.

Anyway, I was in Balmora, unloading some loot, and had just concluded a transaction with Nalcarya of White Haven and turned to exit when I thought I heard her say, "Welcome Nerevar." It was late, and the volume was low, so I thought maybe I was hearing things, y'know, and it came up after I had activated the exit. But I immediately wheeled back into her shop and started trying to get her to repeat herself. I went back and forth between her and the guard about fifty times trying to activate that greeting again, but to no avail. I chalked it up to exhaustion and left it be.

Last night, I raided Odrasal and came back to town to squirrel some more ash statues in Ralen, and dropped in to visit the potion shop while I was more awake and alert. I swear it, she said very clearly, "welcome, Nerevar."

Here are the basic facts:
GOTY on original Xbox - no mods
Male Dunmer Battlemage
Level 20-ish
Name: Nerevar
Hortator and Nerevarine
Patriarch of the temple
Low rank in Mages Guild, Fighters, Legion, Telvanni

I don't know how much more info would be pertinent to duplicating this dialogue, equipment, maybe, but that's a long list. This is definitely her recorded voice, and not her dialogue window, and I've not heard it on any other playthrough or from any other character. I just thought it was fascinating.

Post subject: Re: Nerevar and Nalcarya
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:00 pm 
Master
Master

ES Games: TES II-III-IV-V
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 0
I'm sure some of our more mod-friendly users could check the ck on this. If it's true, I might have to create a similar character!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:13 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim
Platform: PC, Xbox 360
Well if you're Hortator and Nerevarine, then they're probably just providing you with a proper greeting for your title! Still, it's worth checking out. I'll check the CK later. To be honest, I can't remember if I ever heard anybody say "Welcome, Nerevar" after finishing the necessary trials to be verified as the Nerevarine, so perhaps there is some merit to this. Did you finish the main quest?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:10 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

UESPoints: 4
It's a conspiratorial affair! :o :o

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:36 pm 
Warder
Warder

luke32113 wrote:
Well if you're Hortator and Nerevarine, then they're probably just providing you with a proper greeting for your title! Still, it's worth checking out. I'll check the CK later. To be honest, I can't remember if I ever heard anybody say "Welcome, Nerevar" after finishing the necessary trials to be verified as the Nerevarine, so perhaps there is some merit to this. Did you finish the main quest?

I thought the same, and I've wandered a bit to see if any other NPC's say it. So far, none have.

When I say I raided Odrasal, it was to recover Keening. My play time is severely limited, so no, I haven't finished the MQ yet. Hopefully before the weekend is up...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:33 am 
Warder
Warder

Well, the devil is dead, and the dear High Elf still calls me Nerevar. My wife heard it, too, so at least I know I'm not completely insane.

I feel pretty satisfied with this run, even though I usually get a lot more accomplished. Still, this is the first run ever that when I stepped out of the citadel into the crater after Azura's speech, I could actually see the moons. I won't be playing this game for a long while now, so this little finding of mine, while probly not new, was a great new thing to me to have uncovered on what may be my last run. Santa is bringing a 360, so I'm told, and I'm looking forward to starting Oblivion sometime after Christmas.

Until next time

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:51 am 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim
Platform: PC, Xbox 360
Good luck! Sorry I didn't get around to looking at the Construction Kit. Thanksgiving weekend's a busy one, as usual. I'll be sure to post here eventually.