UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:45 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Morrowind GOTY on Xbox/-360 - Blocks?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:47 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: In order: Arena (PC, completed, Dec 2008), Oblivion GOTY (X360, 100% completed except investments, Feb-July 2009), Daggerfall (PC, completed, Dec 2009), Morrowind GOTY (X360, 100%, mar-jun 2010) and soon enough - SKYRIM!
Platform: Xbox 360, DosBox
UESPoints: 0
I've played it for ten days now (only on level 4 though) and I've noticed and wondered about the so called "blocks" indicating the saved game's space. I've heard you should keep the blocks/space low to avoid crashing etc. The blocks seem to increase for every save I make however. I'm at about 100 blocks now.

How do you keep the space down?

Thanks in advance!

http://www.youtube.com/user/SwedishBerzerker

Post subject: Re: Morrowind GOTY on Xbox/-360 - Blocks?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:54 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: In order: Arena (PC, completed, Dec 2008), Oblivion GOTY (X360, 100% completed except investments, Feb-July 2009), Daggerfall (PC, completed, Dec 2009), Morrowind GOTY (X360, 100%, mar-jun 2010) and soon enough - SKYRIM!
scozzar316 wrote:
I had this same problem too. It's pretty much impossible to avoid. On my main save, i finished all main quests and had started off with about 80 and aquiered it to about 300 by the time i was done. Doing anything will make it go up. Here's my thread on this problem http://forums.uesp.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12912

Thanks. But does this apply to the Xbox 360 too? Otherwise I guess I'll just have to live with it, and hope it doesn't cause too much trouble.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:39 pm 
Warder
Warder

Basically, the more you change inte world the more the game will have to remember. So I try to avoid stuff like taking every possible penny and vase. And I always close all doors. I had a check and my current level 30 something guy takes up 172 blocks. i linked to some insane guy in another thread (the "post your chatacter" one) whose character took 600 blocks or something. That's where it starts to get dangerous methinks. :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:52 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Milder Despues wrote:
Basically, the more you change inte world the more the game will have to remember. So I try to avoid stuff like taking every possible penny and vase. And I always close all doors. I had a check and my current level 30 something guy takes up 172 blocks. i linked to some insane guy in another thread (the "post your chatacter" one) whose character took 600 blocks or something. That's where it starts to get dangerous methinks. :shock:

Yeah, the blocks don't rise as quicky at the moment since I try to restore things like doors. Your character, did he do a lot of quests and exploration? I'm also thinking maybe the more of the map that is revealed, the larger the file size gets. How many pages does his journal have?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:09 pm 
Warder
Warder

Well, yeah, the game gets bigger if you reveal more of the map, but I don't think it's by much since it only colours the areas you haven't been to (the local map is pretty detailed though).

My character: Well, I've raided a few ruins, dungeons and such and gotten pretty far in the main quest and a bit in Hlaalu. I've not been messing with the world much either. (In hindsight, not sure how I got to level 30 with that weak a resumé).

His character: Well, see for yourself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxyOclNtkZc
Only shows off his house, but even so you understand that he's (she's?) seen and done it all in the game. Journal is likely something like 700 pages or something. :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:30 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Milder Despues wrote:
Well, yeah, the game gets bigger if you reveal more of the map, but I don't think it's by much since it only colours the areas you haven't been to (the local map is pretty detailed though).

My character: Well, I've raided a few ruins, dungeons and such and gotten pretty far in the main quest and a bit in Hlaalu. I've not been messing with the world much either. (In hindsight, not sure how I got to level 30 with that weak a resumé).

His character: Well, see for yourself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxyOclNtkZc
Only shows off his house, but even so you understand that he's (she's?) seen and done it all in the game. Journal is likely something like 700 pages or something. :shock:

Oh damn. I'll try to ask him if he has any problems with 600 blocks.

EDIT: This is his reply:

"My save is at over 500 blocks and has serious stability issues. Although my insistence on stacking tens of thousands of items in piles doesn't help!

You can keep your save size down by making sure you keep things tidy. If you don't need something, don't take it. When exploring dungeons, close doors behind you and leave things as you found them. Every so often, sleep for three game months, this means all the plants you've picked will have grown back.

All these things will give the game an easier time tracking what's going on. The save will keep growing as our journal fills up, but you can't do anything about that :/

Also, if you ever have a load of junk you just want to get rid of, kill a guard and them dump all the items into his inventory. After three days, the body vanishes along with all the useless knives, forks, spoons and plates.

Watch carefully when you do this though, you don't want to throw away anything important by accident.

Have fun :)"

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]