UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Bloodmoon Error
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:31 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 0
Hi,

I just installed Bloodmoon and Tribunal yesterday and I go in to play them and I click to add both of the esm files and then I start the game and it wont let me because it says it can't lload one of the bloodmoon snowflake meshes. Now normally, I'd just uncheck the esm and play tribunal or vanilla morrowind but even without including bloodmoon the same error message appears. Any advice?

Thanks

Edit, I did some poking around the net and I guess this is a fairly common problem, I am running in vista btw and Im trying to figure this out. Anyone else have this problem?

Post subject: Re: Bloodmoon Error
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:00 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

The solution posted by Viper Arrow on BSF -

Quote:
How to fix the Error "Failed to load snowflake: Meshes\BM_Snow01.nif"

To fix this you need to install the games manually

First to solve the Failed to load snowflake: Meshes\BM_Snow01.nif. Insert the Bloodmoon expansion CD into your CD/DVD drive next navigate to
C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind\Data Files\Meshes and leave that window open. Next (make sure the Bloodmoon CD is in your drive) go to Computer and right click (D:/) Bloodmoon and click explore then go to the Datafiles folder on the CD. You should notice other sub folders called
BookArt
Icons
Meshes
Textures
First go to Meshes on the CD and copy EVERYTHING into the Meshes folder that you already have open (C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind\Data Files\Meshes), by clicking and dragging. This should solve the snowflake error.

If you start the game with this done you should notice that instead of the snowflake error you should get a new one. This shows that it’s working and that the game is using the textures that you supplied. So now do the same with every folder in the data files folder on that CD BookArt into the BookArt folder Textures in the Textures folder etc. etc. With that all done try run your game and it should work, finally!

But after a while you should notice more errors. To test this go to the trader in Seyda Neen and an error will appear in the loading of the interior about a missing texture called Netch leather cuirass. This is a texture that was supplied with the Tribunal CD, so more manual copying. Insert the Tribunal CD into your drive, right click explore, go to the data files folder and do the same that you did with the Bloodmoon CD but the only problem is that this time you need to go to the separate sub folders and place them into the separate sub folders on C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind\Data Files meshes textures etc. because Bloodmoon already created them. You need to go this because if you just select everything in the Tribunal meshes folder and click and drag into the data files folder on you C:/ drive it will overwrite the existing Bloodmoon files this should then fix all if not most of Vista's missing texture problems.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:35 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion
Platform: PC
Thanks!
I fixed it by combining my bm and trib data files with the morrowind data files.
The only problem I have now is the female imperial guards appear with big yellow exclamation marks on them and it shows an error message when I silt stride/ boat.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:15 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: All(except Skyrim of Course)
Platform: PC and Xbox platforms
I have windows seven, i have all the same issues, will this fix work for me?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]