UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 1:02 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

How did the Dwemer disappear?
Kagrenac used the Heart and accidentally destroyed his people 50%  50%  [ 3 ]
Kagrenac used the Heart and successfully made his race gods 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
Indoril Nerevar used the Heart to destroy the Dwemer 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
The Chimer killed all of them 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 6
 Post subject: How did the Dwemer disappear?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:21 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Oblivion, Morrowind, and Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
UESPoints: 0
The Dwemer left the face of Tamriel hundreds of years ago. How do you think this happened?

Bow to your mighty King of Monkeys!

Post subject: Re: How did the Dwemer disappear?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:21 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind
Platform: PC
According to a dream you have in the game... didnt the "old" Nerevarine kill off the dwemers?

I was trying to look for a text copy of the dream, but couldn't find it. It's the last one you get.

EDIT: Okay I read the text and im completely wrong, but I could have swore there was some kind of reference to the nerevarine killing the dwemers.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:34 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: GoTY Morrowind, Oblivion
Platform: Xbox, PC
Having gone through the main story line countless times, and having delved into every book, scrap of paper, and journal entry I have come to the conclusion that...
Spoiler:
Kagrenac, in his effort to transcend the Dwemer race into immortality, caused the total nullification of his race from the mundus using the tools he created. If Nerevar and his Council; Sotha Sil, Vivec, Almalexia, were there for the battle at Red Mountain, when the Dwemer dissapeared, it is safe to assume that the massing forces of Nerevar and the Council(each great house and the Ashlanders) drove the Dwemer into a panic, causing either Kagrenac or someone else, say, the Dwemer council that admonished Kagrenac for creating and using them, to act rashly. I do not believe Kagrenac would've caused the genocide of his entire species from the mundus on purpose, I believe the 'nay-sayers' interfered just as he was about to invoke the 'tones' and caused him to 'miskey'. Instead of making them Gods he made them Ghosts.

But thats just me.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:40 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: All of them (ESO is not ES)
Platform: PC
Spoiler:
I'd say it was Kagnerec's own doing that did the Dwemer in.
The Dwemer that we have seen (the ones in Vvardenfell, we have no clue what the Hammerfell dwarves were like) and their creation were all connected to Vvardenfell. This can be seen in one Mages Guild quest where it tells of a Dwemer creation non-functional when it's leaving Vvardenfell. But, they may also be tied to Morrowind in General. There were Centurions in the Dwemer Ruin under Plaza Brindisi Dorom, that worked. So, going under this, and considering Yagrum Bagarn's absence during the time the Dwemer disappeared, Kagnerec signaled to all other Dwemer Lords that he was about to activate the Tools.

This where it can branch off into two things, they all dying, or transcending. I believe it was the former. I say this because of the multitudes of ash found in the Dwemer Ruin previously mentioned. Since the place was left un-touched, it seems that Dwemer on Tamriel disintegrated into ash. (If they transcended, I believe there wouldn't be this ash. You also have Dwemer Spectres, if they did transcend, why are they there?)

That's my two cents.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]