UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:15 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Database dump?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:34 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: ESO
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 0
Is there any chance that I could obtain a database dump of everything at http://esolog.uesp.net/viewlog.php?

I'm playing around with some NoSQL/HDF5 technologies and I thought it would be fun to use data from my favorite game to experiment with.

I'm not sure what the policy is for sharing data but I figured it never hurts to ask :D

Post subject: Re: Database dump?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:21 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: TES: Arena, TESII: Daggerfall, TESIII: Morrowind, TESIV: Oblivion, TESV: Skyrim & ESO: TU (though I can't get it to work. I really want to play it, but the launcher is broken).
Other Profiles: Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/hughesethan17/
I don't think you could obtain a 'database dump' of that URL, because I did a vulnerability scan of it, and couldn't find any SQL vulnerabilities.
If your interested [Note to admins: please, please fix up the vulnerabilities, this is not a joke. Please take the following seriously. Also, I am only trying to help], here is my security report :

Acunetix Threat Level 2:

One or more medium-severity type vulnerabilities have been found by the scanner (Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner 8 ). You should investigate each of these vulnerabilities to ensure they will not escalate to more severe problems.

Alerts Summery:

Apache server-status enabled (medium level threat. Affects web server. Possible sensitive information disclosure. Fix by disabling it or commenting out the <Location /server-status> section from httpd.conf).

HTML form without CSRF protection (medium level threat. Affects /itemSearch.php, /viewlog.php & /viewMinedItems.php. An attacker may force the users of the web application to execute actions of the attacker's choosing. Fix by implementing CSRF countermeasures).

file upload (low level threat. Affects /submit.php. If the uploaded files are not checked, an attacker may upload malicious files. Fix by restricting the types of files that are accepted for upload).

OPTIONS method is enabled (low level threat. Affects Web Server). The OPTIONS method may expose sensitive information that may help a malicious user to prepare for a more advanced attack. Fix by disabling OPTIONS method on the web server).

TRACE method is enabled (low level threat. Affects Web Server. Attackers may abuse HTTP TRACE functionality to gain information in HTTP headers such as cookies and authentication data. Fix by disabling TRACE Method on the web server).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:35 am 
Global Wiki Admin
Global Wiki Admin

ES Games: All
Platform: PC, Switch
UESPoints: 420
The best place for both these requests (data access and security) would be this page. Wiki staff are unlikely to read them here.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:15 am 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: TES: Arena, TESII: Daggerfall, TESIII: Morrowind, TESIV: Oblivion, TESV: Skyrim & ESO: TU (though I can't get it to work. I really want to play it, but the launcher is broken).
Other Profiles: Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/hughesethan17/
legoless wrote:
The best place for both these requests (data access and security) would be this page. Wiki staff are unlikely to read them here.

Could you alert them of the secuirity issues that I listed?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:33 am 
Global Wiki Admin
Global Wiki Admin

ES Games: All
Platform: PC, Switch
UESPoints: 420
Done.