Switch to full style
A place to discuss and ask questions about the online version of our favorite series.
Post a reply

a fix for eso's dark screen

Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:51 pm

i just started playing eso again but found the screen very dark. in dungeons inpossible to see. i tried all the suggested fixes but nothing. then i went into my new tv settings and under the general heading "picture--expert settings" i scrolled down to gamma and set it at 2.2 a microsoft recordmendation.
then i went to the "general setting, power and energy savings, brightness optimization, i then raised minimum brightness all the way {50}. this solved the problem. hope this helps . blue clue

Re: a fix for eso's dark screen

Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:20 pm

Thanks for the tips. TVs and monitors can vary as far as how dark or bright the picture looks, even when set "identically" as each other, so it's a good idea to tweak their settings before trying to tweak a game's video settings.

As far as exploring in dark dungeons, I highly recommend acquiring and quickslotting Almalexia's Enchanted Lantern so you can use it in dark places to see better. Even if you can see well enough in the dark without it, you'd be amazed at how many urns, coffers, and other small containers you can miss without a good light to see by.
Post a reply