UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:13 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 211  Next
 Post subject: Re: Silicon & Sorcery - A Cyberpunk/Fantasy RP
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 2:41 pm 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

ES Games: I, II, III, IV, V. Once I caught a fish alive.
Platform: PC & Playstation
UESPoints: 20
She might believe in equality of opportunity rather than equality of outcomes. You can be right wing in regards to economy and still believe in personal freedoms. Right-Libertarians would be an example.

There's no tier of jacks. It's just a jack. Not an advanced-jack. Not a crappy-jack. Just a jack. I have a picture of them in the OP.Here it is. But yeah looks mostly fine now other than the relationships part. You need to list your family (so your parents) and the assistant.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 2:42 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: I-V
Platform: PS3, PC
UESPoints: 0
Why did you put a sheet twice by the way? That could be confusing when Kerr has to make links and the like.

Anyway, if I wanted to add cyberware to the arm, like a knife, would it replace the arm, or replace sections of it?

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 2:50 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Other Profiles: discord: @inr#2535
UESPoints: 10
I know, Kerr. It's why I added:

Velvet Lechance wrote:
sweeping generalisations <3

I was attempting to subtly manipulate Dovah into starting as a Leftists - make his character more likely to join the Revolution. Wouldn't have mentioned the Torys being right-wing otherwise.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 2:59 pm 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

It depends how much work is being done. You could replace your whole arm if you wanted. They'd have to do work on your arm to allow something like a hidden blade, parts of it would be replaced so they can put a knife in but not the whole thing.

Nova does it in his sheet. He has weapons inside his arms but it isn't a fully prosthetic arm.

Velvet LeChance wrote:
I know, Kerr. It's why I added:

"sweeping generalisations <3"

I was attempting to subtly manipulate Dovah into starting as a Leftists - make his character more likely to join the Revolution. Wouldn't have mentioned the Torys being right-wing otherwise.

Let's just turn this into leftist revolution RP.
Hidden:

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 3:10 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Interesting.

Also:
Hidden:

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 4:10 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games: Morrowind, Skyrim
Platform: PC
Knight Captain Kerr wrote:
Quote:
The latest phone and has many apps on it.

Doesn't exist. Portable computers exist. But head computers are more common. Of course you can't use them without a jack so it would be pointless having one in the first place.

I was thinking about this and I wonder how plausible it is. What do poor people and people who are anti-tech use for communications? Cans connected by string. Unless the jack comment was in reference to the head computer and there are portable computers that can be used by hand.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 4:13 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

That's in the OP under computers, p-sto. I assume that the non-portable computers are the new phones.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 4:17 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

Unless I read it wrong it still suggests that you need an implant to use it. I would think that some old tech would survive even if it's not that common any more. But if Kerr disagrees I'm fine with that. I'm just trying to get a clearer sense of how my character lives.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 4:18 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Rosa has a DVD player in her house. Old tech definitely does exist.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 4:21 pm 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

There are portable computers you can carry rather than having inside your head and connect a jack into and non portable desktop computers you can jack into some of which are public computers. A non portable public computer could act like a cross between a public computer terminal and a payphone. But you can't use one without a jack. Old input devices like keyboards are an outdated thing of the past. If you don't have a jack then you just can't use them, simple as. You'd just have to get with the times or deal with the consequences. Anyway the main producer of computers is the main producer of cyberware. Makes sense to sell you both to use one.

Owning a DVD player wouldn't be a common thing. Do old computers exist? Sure but it would be like still using MS DOS 50 years after it came out. They'd also be very rare, collectors items rather than actually being used. They'd be inefficient and have no connection to cyberspace. On the other hand a Jack cost 50 Chits.

Last edited by Kerr on Fri May 31, 2013 4:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 4:26 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360
Other Profiles: Steam: KillAllGiraffes Xbox: Novapowered
Alright, fixed it. I don't think such a minor change deserves a new post, so I changed it in the old one.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 4:51 pm 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

Why post it again when you know it isn't done? Why not just edit the existing sheet?

Nobody knows what Prometheans look like seeing as there's no proof they exist. Most assume they look like humans.

It isn't the Bhaal corporation. It's a person called Bhaal.

Do you mean head computer for portable computer? Because a portable computer she carries around wouldn't be cyberware. A computer built into her head would.

It's just a jack.

Relationships section needs to be done.

Nova is accepted.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:11 pm 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox
Other Profiles: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
UESPoints: 14
Personally>_> I'm going to try and not hit the max amount of chits, you can but you sorta shouldn't? Me, I'm prolly going for 450,000 or 420,000>_> then again by no means would you be "rich", more money calls for more cost of needs.. it just reflexes the quality you live in. One who lives a modest living is more likely to have a more stable life.
Anyways.. to anybody unfamiliar>_> I recommend watching Ghost in the Shell, movie or series, it would really help out the understanding of cyber-tech

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:50 pm 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

Read my last post. You didn't do quite a few of those things. You're making me repeat myself and tell you to do the same stuff over and over again because you just ignore what I say. For example it's "Jack" not "Basic Jack." It's "Bhaal" not "Bhaal corporation." Nobody knows what Prometheans look like becasue there's no proof they exist. However people assume they look human.

Put relationships in spoiler/hidden let the other people did. Just fill out the assistant as an NPC for now. If somebody wants to play as her you can change it in future.

Also if you didn't notice I put the character sheet in code so you can copy and paste it. That way you can have titles in bold.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:57 pm 
Lord of the Shivering Isles

ES Games: Oblivion:GOTY, Skyrim:Legendary edition
Platform: PS3.
UESPoints: 12
DAMNIT!

Spoiler:
Name:Valsha Réváin

Race:Elf

Sex:Female

Physical Appearance:Valsha is 4'5ft and has a slim figure. Red hair that she has tied into a pony tail with two bangs at the front but is currently blue due to her dying it for her show. A thin chin and blue eyes. She has green mascar and red lipstick on. And generally very attractive.

Persona: An avatar of herself. Just to make it easier for her fans to interact with her.
Character Class:Mage
Chits (Exact Amount):500,000
Accommodation:A large and fancy apartment in South Central.
Cyberware: Jack
Bioware:None

Weapons:None

Clothing/Armour:Blue jeans with cream boots. A bright blue shirt with a black vest underneath. A Followers Of The Council necklace hangs around her neck and she wears a green hat with the threatre's logo on it. A stylish black leather jacket. A pair of sunglasses.

Other Items: A silver pen for signing autographs just in case a fan bumps into her on the street. A teal wallet which contains her CHIT card, a picture of her parents. She owns a modest black motorbike and a sports car but prefers the motorbike when she is just traveling from one place to another. A letter that is neatly folded in half in her pocket. The car is a 2 door sports one. It is stylishly white. The model was launched 10 years ago but she bought it because she liked it and how it handled. Her keys to both her bike, car and appartment are in her jean pocket. A portable computer
Religion:Followers Of The Council

Political Views:
She believes everyone should be equal and that politicains should serve the people first and not themselves. She hates corrupt politicians and have often taken the mickey out of any politicians in the audience. Her views are in the middle due to her focusing more on her career then on her views of politics. She often remains neutral in polticial discussions.

Languages:
Dorsten (Mandatory)

Background:Valsha Réváin was born into an average family. She showed signs of magic from a young age and showed an interest in the enteraintment bussiness from the age of 10. Her parents supported her decision to become an entertainer when she told them at the age of 16. She started off preforming tricks in the streets untill she was recruited by a local theatre to preform an opening act for a stage mage. Her career started to become successful as the years went by. Originally, she was known for the spinning plates of fire act. At the age of 24, she was given her own show and it was regarded as a general success. From simple tricks to death defying ones, she quickly rose to fame for her shows and for the nature of her stunts. At 26, she came up with her most dangerous trick to date. The Chained Tank. She would get wrapped in 10 layers of chain over her dress and have 15 padlocks attached to them then get lowered into the 10ft square tank of water. Then she would undo them all via magic whilst using her magic to breath underwater. But not all of her dangerous stunts have gone as planned. The Invicible Woman stunt went wrong a few years ago. It involved her blocking bullets with magic in tune with a song. One of the guns went off early and shot her in the lower torso. She made a quick recovery and continued using that trick but retired it after several near misses. Her shows are known to last up to 4 hours and are said to be excellent. They are usually a mixture of magic and humour. She has been sabotaged many times. Someone once spiked her water with laxative which resulted in an embarrassin situation during her trademark magic trick but it resulted in her getting infected and having to cancel her shows for an entire month. Despite the many sabotages, she remained fully commited to her shows and enjoyed it. She even made a joke about the embarressing situation due to that sabotage. It is suspected that a group of magicians are responsible and are dedicated to destroying her career thus access to backstage is heavily restricted before and after the show. She hired a female assistant who impressed her in her audition. The assistant assisted in setting up the tricks and sometimes took part in them. But the tricks were safe. She was tasked with chaining her up and helped her into the tank of water and to confirm to the audience that the chains were real as well as other duties. She paid the assistant well and respected her.

She preformed at the city's biggest threatre and was it's biggest act. She worked 9 months a year, 4 days a week. She reserved 1 day a week to interact with her fans. She has stared in 2 films. Both minor roles and has appeared on TV many times. Mainly interviews when she promoted her show. Whenever the threatre got a new act in, she would get them more time and help to promote that act to avoid overshadowing them. Her parents were very proud of her but refused to accept her cash stating that they were happy that she was living her dream. She refused to speak to any of the gossip rags and when they started spreading false rumours about her, she made up more rumours. But in a way that were both unbelieveable and something that those mags would use.

After her very last show for the year, she returned to her dressing room to dry herself and to get into some dry, clean clothes after resting a bit. She saw a letter on her desk and opened it. It was from a man called Bhaal She decided to check out due to her being curious.

Other details that don’t fit into existing categories:
For her shows, she wore either a red beautiful silk dress or a white one depending on what she fancied wearing that evening. She let her assistant decide what outfit to wear. It is rumoured that she may be dating her assistant.

Relationships (Family and Friends, NPC and PC):

Hidden:
PC or NPC:NPC
How they are related to PC:Father
Name: Elruis Réváin
[b]Race:
Elf
Sex:Male
Other Details: Worked at the biggest threatre in the city. Mainly maintaince and behind the scenes stuff. He made many friends there and used his connections to help kickstart his daughter's career. Valsha means the world to him. Lives in the city with Quílos

PC or NPC:NPC
How they are related to PC:Mother
Name:Quílos Réváin
Other Details: Former marketing director. Just like Elruis, Valsha means the world to her. She helped her daughter with her career but was more of a gentle push. She wanted her daughter to develop the career through hard work and she always let her daughter know that she loves her. Lives in the city with Elruis

PC or NPC:NPC(Subject to change as well as the rest of the shirt barring relationship with Valsha)
How they are related to PC: Girlfriend
Name:Náheia Déros
Other Details: She auditioned for the position of Magician's Assistant when Valsha looked for one. She assisted in setting up the dangerous stunts and took part in the safe magic tricks. Recently, the two developed feelings for each other but they are taking it slow. Both don't want to risk ruining their proffesional relationship and the most physical they have got is just kissing and hugging.

I did read your post and i must have accidentally copied the wrong version of Valsha previously after editing it. :oops: Hopefully, this is acceptable as it's all been corrected.

Last edited by The SheoDovah on Fri May 31, 2013 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 6:15 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Do not repost the sheet, just edit the old one...ones. Stop reposting your character.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 6:33 pm 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

Do her parents still live in the city? If so where? Edit the sheet and add it. But other than that a few spelling errors it looks okay. I'll add you now.

I'd prefer if people didn't post a sheet 7 times if I have problems with it. Just edit your existing one.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 6:41 pm 

Edited it to include the city. Will edit the assistant sheet if someone wants to be her.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 6:46 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Dovah, I have one question about your character. Why exactly is she risking her life working merc for a large multinational company - she's wealthy, successful in her chosen career, good looking, and all in all leads a pretty perfect life - what's her reasoning behind it?

Both Kareem and Fatima are my back-up characters if I die.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 6:50 pm 

She is curious about this Bhaal and wants to help rescue whoever needs rescuing. Although she is completly unaware that she may have to do some questionable stuff. She also hopes to get inspired by this as she has retired her trademark Chained Tank stunt due to her using it for the past 2 years and wants to try something new as her trademark magical stunt.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 7:37 pm 
Tea Party Mod
Tea Party Mod

ES Games: III - V GOTY, Online
Platform: PS4, Steam
UESPoints: 5
I hope everything is in order, here. --When I picture him with his helmet on, and with his dreadlocks, I think he'd look kinda like a predator. Heh.
Spoiler:
Name: Brondar Don-Skull

Race: Orc

Sex: Male

Physical Appearance: 6'5", heavily muscled, dark green skin, a pronounced underbite and sharp front teeth (though the top of one of them has been broken off), full beard, dreadlocks (black hair)
Hidden:
What his dreadlocks look like

Persona: Himself, helmet on, dressed in riot gear

Character Class: Fighter

Chits: 1053

Accommodation: Brondar lives out of his vehicle; a bulky, low riding truck, in which he keeps all of his belongings. While in Rockpine, Brondar sticks around Low Town

Cyberware: Jack / Metal prosthetic arm (left) w. concealed rifle cannon: a replacement for Brondar's left arm, up to the shoulder, which was lost in battle. Has a concealed rifle cannon; it fires a .50 caliber armor-piercing anti-materiel round. Due to the size of the round, Brondar can only load them one at a time, though he can obviously carry spare ammunition. Additionally, firing the weapon results in a large amount of recoil, so Brondar has to brace himself before firing.

Bioware: Increased upper body strength and overall muscle endurance

Weapons: Metal prosthetic arm (concealed rifle cannon, can also use his arm in hand-to-hand combat), combat knife (keeps it in his truck between missions [sometimes hides it in his boot]), .45 Kriss Super V submachine gun (keeps it in his truck between missions)
Hidden:
What his smg looks like (IRL, it's currently a prototype)

Clothing/Armour: Red button up shirt (worn open, no buttons done up), designer kevlar vest (looks like a black vest, but is made of a flexible bulletproof material), worn and faded jeans, brown steel toed work boots, skull helmet (the skull of a troll he had killed years earlier, the top of which is plated with metal. One dent, presumably from a bullet, scars the helmet, between the eye holes [keeps it in his truck between missions])

Other Items: Truck, spare clothes, food, water, (2) cases of beer, cigar case, lighter, (1) can of Medigel (half full)

Religion: Agnostic, as Brondar doesn't really think about theology or such things, though he likes the ideas of the Church of the All Maker

Political Views: Brondar doesn't much care about politics, though if he had to, he'd align with the DDP

Languages: Dorsten (With a Bruck [German-sounding] accent), Bruck

Background: Brondar comes from a long line of soldiers and warriors--one of his ancestors, in a fit of rage and bloodlust, decapitated one of his enemies, and wore his skull as a helmet, hence the name Don-Skull was given to him and his descendants. His mother died during childbirth, and his father worked for the Black Sun, as a prison guard, before he was killed during a riot, when Brondar was 17. He worked for Black Sun as an officer for 12 years (being hired on at age 18), but was fired for "professional misconduct". Brondar freelanced a bit, before receiving and accepting the job offer from Bhaal.

Brondar is a fairly simple Orc, who enjoys simple pleasures, but that doesn't make him stupid. Not entirely, anyway.

Other details that don’t fit into existing categories: None

Relationships (Family and Friends, NPC and PC):
Hidden:
PC or NPC: NPC
How they are related to PC: Former girlfriend
Name: Decarabia
Race: Faustian
Sex: Female
Other Details: Currently employed as an officer for Black Sun, backup character in case Brondar dies. She lives in Old Town, in a terraced house

Last edited by Baloth-Kul on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:11 pm, edited 10 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 7:42 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Platform: Xbox 360, PC
UESPoints: 14
Would it be far-fetched at all to have a member of one race be adopted and raised by parents from another? That's what I'm considering for my character.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 7:47 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

To Velvet's point, two things that I tried to make evident in my character bio is why would Bhaal be interested in recruiting Mara and why would she be interested in accepting the offer. Of course if you like you can always keep the latter to yourself but in my opinion there should be some hint as to why your character would be desirable for such a mission.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 8:02 pm 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

Nobody is allowed be a G-Man by the way. But I guess a spy isn't the same thing. Just I'd prefer if you changed it to him still working for the military but in a covert branch as a spy rather than a common soldier. Working as a government agent would make him a G-Man.

Faustians just have one name. I assume there's no night vision goggles with the suit. Also can you list your parents and add that computer to other items.

EpicAbrad wrote:
Would it be far-fetched at all to have a member of one race be adopted and raised by parents from another? That's what I'm considering for my character.

That would be fine.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 8:11 pm 
Mod On Leave
Mod On Leave

Platform: Xbox, PC, STD
Other Profiles: Gamertag: MightyGo0dLeadr
UESPoints: 15
Cleaned up dovah's mess. I'll be posting my sheet sometime today.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 211  Next