UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:07 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 921 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 37  Next
 Post subject: Red Dead Retribution
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:14 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: I-V
Platform: PS3, PC
UESPoints: 0
I was a young boy then, you see. In 1887, I was just ten years old, making my way about the world. I lived in New Austin, a state near the Mexican border. It was a happy town, good food, law, etc. Though that all changed when a lone man arrived. He was unassuming, but a sign of thinks yet to come..

RED DEAD RETRIBUTION.

Red Dead Retribution(RDR..:p) is..you guessed it, a Red Dead RP! It'll focus on the American West, gunslingers, Clint Eastwood, saloons..Enough of that, on to the RP!.

THE WORLD.

The World is that of RDR, and the surrounding lands. I had to deal with New Austin not being a real place, so I stuck it as a state in part of Texas. Your character can be from anywhere in the world, US or other.

New Austin: Being declared by charter only five years ago, New Austin is an extremely young state, it's Government still has no real power, and the power falls to the lawmen, be they corrupt, or good. The capital of this state is the town of Armadillo, a large settlement in the middle of the state. The Governor of the state is Micheal Derricks, a week willed man, nearing his 70's. The real power is the sheriff of Armadillo, Chris Wayne.
Towns:
Armadillo: The largest town in New Austin, Armadillo is a boom town, founded by settlers who found gold in the nearby hills, Armadillo's sign boasts. "Putting the "New" in "New Austin!" It's serviced by carriage to nearby settlements. Armadillo is currently involved in a little bit of a war, between Victor's Gang, headed by the Russian born Victor,(No last name given.) and his three subordinates, Walton Lowe, and the Dangerous Bollard Twins, and the Law, Sheriff Chris Wayne, his two Deputies, Addler James, Leigh Johnson, and local farmsteader, Drew MacFarlane.

Plainview: A small settlement near the Mexican border, Plainview relies on Mexicans coming to the US to survive. Hope Jackson, a world renowned Horse Breeder resides here.

Thieves' Landing: A lawless settlement, Thieves' landing is full of gamblers, hookers, etc. The only law in the town? Don't mess with someone who has a bigger gun. The Most powerful man in Thieves' Landing is currently Henry Peters, a crazy fellow with a lot of explosives. Currently, a small detachment of Chris Wayne's men are trying to retake the town. Efforts are thus far futile.

Rathskeller Fork: A small settlement, Rathskeller Fork has nothing of real note, except for the N. Johns race, named after the sheriff of East Elizabeth.

Tumbleweed: The second largest settlement in New Austin, Tumbleweed welcomes any and all. The leader is corrupt, as are the people.

West Elizabeth: A state in between Colorado and Nebraska, West Elizabeth is the unofficial capital of the West. It's largest city is Black water, ruled over by Governor Graham O'Boyle, a second generation Irish immigrant. West Elizabeth has no sheriff at the moment.
Blackwater: Blackwater is ruled over by Governor O'Boyle, and has many things. Blackwater is a large city, filled with stuff you'd never see out west. Currently, it's being terrorized by Dutch's Gang, a group of violent thugs, backed with an army of Native Americans. The gang has the city in a vice, controlling it on all sides, no trade gets in, no trade gets out. Time is running out for Blackwater, and it may already be too late.

Manzanita Post: A settlement of loggers, Manzanita Post is the throne from which Dutch van der Linde rules his gang, corrupting the youth of Cochinay and Blackwater's orphanage alike.

East Elizabeth: A state to the east of West Elizabeth, East Elizabeth was formed after a dispute with Governor O'Boyle, 8 years prior. It's capital is Tall Peak, a city situated on a large Mountain. The Sheriff is Nate Johns, it has no Governor at the moment.

Tall Peak: A successful city, Tall Peak is nearly as large as Blackwater, ruled over by Nate Johns. The BOI has their western Base here, conducting their operations in safety. There's been little trouble in Tall Peak, but there's murmurings that Dutch van der Linde's eyes are set on it.

THE PLOT.
In the dead of night, you were contacted by Government agents. They needed you, and it was best for you to be agreeable, they said. Go to Armadillo saloon, they ordered. We'll meet you there, they promised. It was with this you left for Armadillo, booking carriage, going on horse, foot, whatever. You're nearly there,to the place where Agent Franks, and his partner, Agent Ross, ordered you.

YOU.
Name:
Biography:
Appearance:
Weapon:(Anything suited the period, but nothing too good to start off with.)
Clothing:
Family Members & Friends:
Attributes:(5 points in each, 5 points to spend. Max 10, Min 1. Can remove points from one attribute, and put it in another)
S(trength) 5
E(ndurance) 5
P(ersonality) 5
I(ntelligence) 5
A(gility) 5

Skills:(150 to spend.)
Hand to Hand:
Melee:
First Aid:
Shotguns:
Revolvers:
Rifles:
Repeaters:
Explosives:
Sneak:
Lockpicking:
Horse riding:

DMs determine your State of Life (Or SOL, if you wanna be cheesy about it). Your SOL is your general state of being, and includes crippling in its calculation. The SOL statuses are: Healthy, Light Wounds, Wounded, Heavy Wounds, Incapacitated, Dead

Crippling is added simply for a bit more realism. We're not trying to copy Fallout here, guise. Crippled limbs can only be healed by someone with a high First Aid skill. The effects of certain crippled limbs vary:

Head: Accuracy is severely decreased, archers cannot fire bows/crossbows.
Right and Left Arms: One handed attacks being can no longer be used on the crippled arm, and two handed attacks cannot be used if one/both are crippled.
Right and Left Legs: Movement is slowed, RPed as a limp. If both legs are crippled, one must crawl or be carried until healed.
Chest (Minor/Moderate/Severe): If Minor, half Stamina is lost, and attacks are weakened (About -5 points to the weapon's damage). If Moderate, Breathing is slowed and all Stamina is lost, and no attacks can be made. If Severe, Stamina is still lost and constant damage is slowly taken from internal bleeding.

And finally..

THE RULES.

I am the DM(Dungeon Master.). What I say goes, apart from cases of apparent over sight, in which case post about it in Spoiler tags. If you wish to argue something, the PM button is down there, you know how to use it. :wink:

No GodModding.(GM'ing.), do not control the actions of another character, or those of an NPC.

Proper RP'ing. You chose a character, stick to him/her, don't make decisions because of something you know OOC, and don't act completely out of character.

Basic Grammar. I know my own is far from perfect, but basic grammar makes everything more enjoyable. Instead of "John wlked up da hll fer watr." Say "John walked up the hill, to fetch some water."

And most importantly, Have fun!(Seriously, I'll kick you if you don't.)

Players.

Nova as...Jose Penici.

Kerr as...Samuel Everett.

Nevastar as..James Carter.

Breadmax as...Roy McArthur.

Musicman as...Laura Santos.

Baloth as...Charlie Maang.

Deimos as...Alexander Fox a.k.a Tokala

Sav as...Frank Wells

Last edited by Br3admax on Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:22 am, edited 10 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Red Dead Retribution.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:34 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360
Other Profiles: Steam: KillAllGiraffes Xbox: Novapowered
Name: Jose Penici
Race: (I assume you mean nationality) Mexican!
Personality: A perverted man to some, one that loves a challenge and thinks he is above many people. He loves duels, killing, the usal western stuff. He is, not so much charismatic, but does now how to lead. Jose is very optimistic, and always jokes around. Pretty much never being serious. A heavy drinker.
Biography: Jose comes from a land far away in the South, in a big town called Chuparosa. He is infamous there, known for the many people he killed in duels. Abandond at the age of five, Jose grew in the streets and in Chuparosa's saloon. He soon joined a nearby gang, and stayed there untill he was message by the government. He only went there, to have some american women!
Appearance:
Spoiler:
But without the beard.
Weapon: Schofield Revolver, Lasso, Hunting Knife, Winchester Repeater
Clothing: A standard mexican poncho, baggy, brown trousers. Sumbrero.
Family Members & Friends: There is this one girl back in Chuparosa, no, no... Let's forget about her. Briefly spoke to Landon Rickettes. A girl in Armadillo, named Abigail. His favourite if you know what I mean. :wink: Brother, named Pedro, who moved to Ridgewood Farm and now works there.
Attributes:(5 points in each, 5 points to spend. Max 10, Min 1. Can remove points from one attribute, and put it in another)
S(trength) 7
E(ndurance) 7
P(ersonality) 8
I(ntelligence) 3
A(gility) 5

Hand to Hand: 5
Melee: 20
First Aid: 5
Shotguns: 0
Revolvers: 30
Rifles: 10
Repeaters: 30
Sneak: 20
Lockpicking: 0
Horse riding: 30

If I'm going a bit over the top, just say :wink:

Last edited by Nova on Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Red Dead Retribution
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:40 pm 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

ES Games: I, II, III, IV, V. Once I caught a fish alive.
Platform: PC & Playstation
UESPoints: 20
I'll make my guy in a bit.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:41 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

DAMN YOU BROKEN LINK! Fixing.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:16 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Alright. I am basing him on Abraham Reyes, a lot.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:20 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Edited.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:02 pm 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

Name: Samuel Everett
Race: Black
Personality: He is generally a nice person. He likes to play poker and drink at the saloon every now and again. He has settled down to enjoy his old age.
Biography: He is from New Orleans. In his mid teens he tended to get in fights and minor trouble like lots of people his age. He was working on steamboats from when he turned 19 until he turned 50. He then got a cat called Coal and settled down, prepared to enjoy his twilight years. After getting the letter he packed what he would need, made some purchases and took himself and Coal to Armadillo by train.
Appearance:
Spoiler:
Surprisingly the only picture I could find of an older black guy in a western was Morgan Freeman.

Weapon: Double Action revolver, Lasso, Hunting Knife, Scoped Remington Rolling Block rifle.
Clothing: Black boots, black trousers, grey shirt, brown coat, brown hat and a brown satchel bag.
Family Members & Friends: His parents are dead and he never married. He has a some friends from his days working on steamboats that he sees every now and again.
He has a cat called Coal. Coal is a black kitten who is three months old. He got Coal when he stopped working on steamboats as someone to keep him company.
S(trength) 5
E(ndurance) 5
P(ersonality) 8
I(ntelligence) 7
A(gility) 5

Hand to Hand: 6
Melee: 15
First Aid: 25
Shotguns:1
Revolvers: 25
Rifles: 25
Repeaters:1
Explosives:1
Sneak: 25
Lockpicking:1
Horse riding: 25

Will there be some kind of way to level up and get more skill points during the RP?

Last edited by Kerr on Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:06 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Wait, I screwed up in my SEPIA. Need to change.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:19 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion with all add ons, Skyrim SE
Other Profiles: Xbox Live: FR Avenged Steam: Sav
Kerr, what movie is that from?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:20 pm 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

Unforgiven.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:22 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Oh. He looked like someone from this movie i saw recently.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:26 pm 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

It's Morgan Freeman. He probably is the someone from the movie you saw recently.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:28 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out what the name of the movie was. :?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:46 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind, Daggerfall, Arena.
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
Does that opening part mean that the year is 1887?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:26 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Just making sure :P
Here's my character.

Name: James Carter.
Race: English/Australian
Personality: Quiet and observant
Biography: James was born in London and arrested for petty theft when he was eight-years-old. He was sent to Australia on one of the last ever boats of convicts. He served his time and then stayed in Australia until he was twenty-two-years-old; a ship was leaving for USA, and he figured it'd be as good a chance as any to escape the bandit life in which he had immersed himself. He arrived in the United States, and made straight for Texas. By 1887, he had roamed Texas and the surrounding states for seven years
Appearance:
Spoiler:

Weapon: Martini-Enfield, Smith & Wesson Model 3, hunting knife.
Clothing: Grey shirt under a black waistcoat and a duster coat. Black trousers, dark brown shoes, and an Australian slouch hat.
Family Members & Friends: Any family members he has are back in England and he doesn't care to see them again. He is 'friends' with a few fellow bounty-hunters and saloon-regulars, but he hasn't hit it off well with anyone in particular.
Attributes:
S(trength) 7
E(ndurance) 6
P(ersonality) 4
I(ntelligence) 5
A(gility) 8

Skills:
Hand to Hand: 5
Melee: 5
First Aid: 20
Shotguns: 4
Revolvers: 25
Rifles: 30
Repeaters: 15
Explosives: 1
Sneak: 25
Lockpicking: 5
Horse riding: 15

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:25 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Name:Roy McArthur
Race:Mixed, with some Cherokee Indian
Personality:Young and foolish. Still at the age where the world is seen through clear windows.
Biography:Roy was a boy(*snicker*) of the West. Leaving home at the age of thirteen, Roy is a character. His father was never really around but did leave him a sword from his cavalry days, and his mother wanted to move further out west. Not wanting to leave the land he knew his entire life, Roy slipped out the window one night, never to return. Roy worked on a ranch, the owner being a friend of his father. Instead of working, though, he spent the majority of his time shooting old whiskey bottles. After months of slacking off, he was fired. He wondered the country side, eating what he could off the land. He has some basic survival techniques, but has only been living on his own for a week.
Appearance:Tall, average build, hair reaching middle neck, brown eyes
Weapon:(Anything suited the period, but nothing too good to start off with.) Revolver, saber, and rifle.
Clothing:Jean pants, Checkered Long-sleeve Shirt, belt. Gun Holster, bandanna.
Family Members & Friends:
S(trength) 6
E(ndurance) 4
P(ersonality) 3
I(ntelligence) 7
A(gility) 5

Hand to Hand:13
Melee:10
First Aid:9
Shotguns:1
Revolvers:35
Rifles:30
Repeaters:12
Explosives:10
Sneak:15
Lockpicking:5
Horse riding:10

Last edited by Br3admax on Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:03 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:35 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Br3admax, I'm pretty sure you can still spend five attribute points.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:24 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Am I the only one to use in game weapons?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:42 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Fixed. And NP, I hope to abandon most of the starting stuff anyway, I won't go through naming it all. I'll become to personally attached and give them nicknames as well.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:05 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I can't wait for this rp!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:21 pm 
Tea Party Mod
Tea Party Mod

ES Games: III - V GOTY, Online
Platform: PS4, Steam
UESPoints: 5
Name: Charlie Maang
Race: Native American
Personality: Generally reserved and quiet. Resentful towards priviledged whites and the American army.
Biography: Schooled in Tall Peak, lived around Manzanita Post in Tall Trees. Served in the army as a scout.
Appearance: (Minus the war paint, plus a goatee and a hat [see clothing for hat])
Spoiler:

Weapon: Hunting Knife, Tomahawk, Cattleman Revolver, Remington Rolling Block rifle (scoped)
Clothing: (See appearance) Dat hat!
Spoiler:

Family Members & Friends: Many cousins (and their families) in Thieves' Landing and Manzanita Post.
Attributes:
S(trength) 7
E(ndurance) 5
P(ersonality) 3
I(ntelligence) 6
A(gility) 9

Skills:
Hand to Hand: 10
Melee: 30
First Aid: 10
Shotguns: 5
Revolvers: 5
Rifles: 25
Repeaters: 5
Explosives: 0
Sneak: 30
Lockpicking: 0
Horse riding: 30

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:29 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I'm wondering about "working for the man", Does that mean a lot of bounty hunting?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:38 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I guess, I'll take control now, I'll make sure that the RP stays true to what it was supposed to be, and guess what, I don't have a 20-sided die, but I do have a handy dandy random int generator I programmed so this should leave nothing to chance. RP open!

Edit:Okay, I'll take about two more, or three, and I'm still open to ideas, so PM on how you want the story to start.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:54 am 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

You all meet in an inn a saloon. Cliche? Yes, but it still works well for its purpose.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:55 am 
Mod On Leave
Mod On Leave

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox, PC, STD
Other Profiles: Gamertag: MightyGo0dLeadr
UESPoints: 15
Passengers aboard the train about to be robbed.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 921 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 37  Next