UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:29 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Loading screen time adjustable?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:31 pm 
Layman
Layman

Platform: PC
UESPoints: 0
Hi there,

I'm looking for any way to adjust/set the minimum loading screen time but haven't found any solution for this yet in the web. Is it possible?

I ask this because even on Ultra settings my PC is usually done loading after 2-3 seconds and thus i can never actually experience the nice graphics nor the informations those screens provide. Though i would really like to... :P

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Post subject: Re: Loading screen time adjustable?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:52 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox, 360
This must be some kind of a "first". People usually qvetch that their loading screens take too long.

As far as I know, the loading screens are active while something is, err...loading. The swirling fog is Skyrim's version of a progress bar, letting you know that the PC/console is actually reading files and processing information, and simply hasn't become stuck/frozen/locked-up during the process. If there's a way to slow down the rate at which the device processes information, I don't know. It would seem to be a retrograde thing, as everybody wants more processing power and more speed, not less.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:10 pm 
Global Wiki Admin
Global Wiki Admin

ES Games: All
Platform: PC, Switch
UESPoints: 420
Read them here instead.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:21 pm 
Archmage
Archmage

ES Games: Morrowind Oblivion and Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
Other Profiles: Xbox: AbroadHarpy22 Steam: Hissien
UESPoints: 1
Your PC must be a gaming monster e.o

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:00 pm 
Layman
Layman

Platform: PC
Evil-i wrote:
This must be some kind of a "first". People usually qvetch that their loading screens take too long.

As far as I know, the loading screens are active while something is, err...loading. The swirling fog is Skyrim's version of a progress bar, letting you know that the PC/console is actually reading files and processing information, and simply hasn't become stuck/frozen/locked-up during the process. If there's a way to slow down the rate at which the device processes information, I don't know. It would seem to be a retrograde thing, as everybody wants more processing power and more speed, not less.

All true, but it isn't uncommon for games to give the player the option to decide when to leave a loading screen. For expample done with a message like: "click to continue" etc. and for such a solution i'm looking right now. Maybe i should have posted this question in the modding section instead. :|

legoless wrote:

Thanks, i know the page but the game hints alone aren't enough for me. I see Skyrim as an amazing piece of art and therefor i want to experience every last bit of it. As stupid as this may sound for you but i wan't to enjoy the pleasure of taking my time and watching those magnificent 3d models while continuously learning new things about the game itself, especially since it's the first time i play it.

Hissien wrote:
Your PC must be a gaming monster e.o

It's about a month old and compared to my previous PC which was manufactured back in the stone age it surely is a monster! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:54 am 
Undecided
Undecided

ES Games: Oblivion (SI); Skyrim (DB)
Platform: Steam, XBox
Other Profiles: DarkSpark135
UESPoints: 5
Evil-i wrote:
This must be some kind of a "first". People usually qvetch that their loading screens take too long. ...

That's because I never bother to complain about how fast it goes by.

I made little game of rotating the figure on the loading screen, seeing how far I can turn it before I'm plopped back into the action. I've never gotten passed turning them 180°. Usually, I just get a quarter-turn.

Casandra: At the moment, the deadliest weapon at my disposal is a goblin's head on a stick. I'd be worried if this was the plan.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]