UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:13 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Coordinates?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:11 am 
Layman
Layman

I notice there are a lot of coordinates referenced on this website. It would be extremely helpful to know how to actually display them. I read on the forums that pressing "f3" does this, but it does nothing for me. Someone please help, thanks.

Post subject: Re: Coordinates?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:25 am 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY
Platform: Xbox, Xbox 360, PC
I wasn't sure if this is for Skyrim or just the site as a whole so I moved it here.

Like on a map? They have a "View on Map" button that if you click on brings up a virtual game map...Not really sure what you're asking though :l

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:34 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim
Platform: PC, Windows 7
I haven't noticed any specific coordinates, unless you mean links --- but I doubt you do. And F3 is the common button for search. :?:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:11 pm 
Layman
Layman

For instance, I'm trying to locate Flawless Amethysts, and this link...

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Amethyst#Amethyst

...it shows an x/y coordinate for the world map. Is there a built-in x/y function in the game that I can't figure out how to access? Or is everyone using a mod I don't know about.

And again, with default controls, f3 button has no fuction in the game. :( Unless I'm somehow using it wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:19 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim + DLC
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
Other Profiles: nosoundcomes (everywhere else - literally)
Ah! I'll move this to Skyrim-Help.

I'm going to assume that this is done through the PC console, although I don't think there is really a coordinates command. There is probably a round-about way to get it, though. Maybe someone can help you who is more of a console wizard than I!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:36 pm 
Champion
Champion

More specifically: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Console#Untargeted_Commands

cow <worldspace> <cell x, cell y>

Transports to cell <cell x, cell y> in <worldspace>

Quote:
Transports to the center of cell [cell x, cell y] in world space. (cow stands for center on world.) The outdoor worldspace of Skyrim is Tamriel so to transport to the center of cell 5,7 in Tamriel you would put cow tamriel 5,7 in the console. (Whiterun 4,-4 Dawnstar 8,25 Solitude -15,25 Markarth -42,0 Morthal -10,15 Falkreath -7,-21 Winterhold 27,24 Windhelm 33,7 Riften 42,-23 High Hrothgar 10,-10 (These points will put you at the stables or right in front of each city but not inside. Having god mode acitve is highly recomended if you're going to experiment with this.))

In the case that you want, it should look like this: cow tamriel 51732,122075

Make sure to have a save, and probably be in god mode, and maybe even tcl, as you may be transported to a location, where you are in an object, or under/above the ground.

It would be much easier to actually go there, on foot: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Hela%27s_Folly

Quote:
Hela's Folly is a small shipwreck, located to the northeast of Dawnstar.

At a makeshift campsite next to the wreckage, you will find an Argonian named Deekus, gems, and assorted valuables. Watch out for the bear traps surrounding the campsite chest. Another chest can be found underwater in the north-west part of the ship. There are also several gems underwater, almost directly underneath the chest.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:08 pm 
Layman
Layman

Thank you for the help! :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:36 pm 
Layman
Layman

Jeff, I tried typing that command in the console, and even replacing them with different numbers, however the game just loads, then comes back and I am always in the exact same spot.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:32 pm 
Champion
Champion

Flawless Amethyst

1 at 150 ft S of Shrine of Mehrunes Dagon (The Pale) (x=-1071, y=48505) -1,12 cow tamriel -1,12
1 at 370 ft S of Swindler's Den (Whiterun Hold) (x=-44657, y=-5702) -12,0 cow tamriel -12,0
1 at 130 ft NNW of Blind Cliff Cave (The Reach) (x=-143134, y=25983) -35,5 cow tamriel -35,5

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
EDIT

For the Shrine of Mehrunes Dagon, have TGM and TCL on, or you die. You drop right at the side of the cliff, not sure what killed me. The coords take you near the shrine, but the location of the Amethyst is on the other side of the peak. You could just tcl there. If you have done Dagons Quest, then there could be two Dremora there too.

For Swindlers Den, it is safe and puts you right at the enterance to the cave. Head south walking, and go to the fire, which is a shrine of stendar for the Amethyst.

Blind Cliff Cave is also safe and puts you at the enterance. However, you have to go in the cave, fight some forsworn, and exit to Blind Cliff Towers, where there are more forsworn. The Amethyst is in the upper level of the first tower. You could tcl there as well, but there are still 3 forsworn at the tower.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]