UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:26 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: Trying to find underwater breathing enchantment
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:08 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: xbox 360
UESPoints: 0
I want to trade in my dragon masks for the big special one but I don't want to loose my only item with underwater breathing, volsung. I checked like every store in skyrim but none of them had an item I could disenchant to learn it from. Is there a fixed item location or something or someone who sells something like this often?

Post subject: Re: Trying to find underwater breathing enchantment
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:19 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I don't know of any other fixed item with waterbreathing, but most of the time I get it is from necromancer/mage infested dungeons; since only helms/hoods, rings and amulets can have waterbreathing and you're more likely to get jewelry from the previously stated enemies than from bandits or animals

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:34 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
So either raid them or check jewelry stores? Those radiant raiment chicks so need an attitiude adjustment.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:40 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Radiant raiment and traders that sell a wide variety of things like the Khajiit caravans or Belethor's shop
The Argonian jeweler in Riften sells jewelry, but I've never seen any enchanted pieces

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:53 am 
Undecided
Undecided

ES Games: Oblivion (SI); Skyrim (DB)
Platform: Steam, XBox
Other Profiles: DarkSpark135
UESPoints: 5
My first character stumbled upon an enchanted helmet from a smith when she was around Level 50.

Casandra: At the moment, the deadliest weapon at my disposal is a goblin's head on a stick. I'd be worried if this was the plan.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:23 am 
Warder
Warder

Redguard_Master wrote:
I want to trade in my dragon masks for the big special one but I don't want to loose my only item with underwater breathing, volsung. I checked like every store in skyrim but none of them had an item I could disenchant to learn it from. Is there a fixed item location or something or someone who sells something like this often?

Read the wiki page on the masks. You don't lose any of your masks when you unlock the final one.
They just need to be placed on the altar TEMPORARILY for the final mask to unlock.

And yes, the water-breathing enchant is very rare, but merchant DO sell it and it IS findable as random loot.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:02 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: oblivion, knights of nine, shivering isles, skyrim
There is the sacred helm of waterbreathing. However i cant remember where i got it from. Sorry i couldn't be more help. But there are items out there.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:05 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Oblivion,Skyrim
Platform: PS3
I'm fairly sure i bought an enchanted helmet of waterbreathing from Belathor in Whiterun or Sayma from Bits and Pieces in Solitude, at circa level 40. Both merchants change their inventory pretty often.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:02 am 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Oblivion
Platform: Xbox 360
after you do the mehrunes razor quest, when you go into the shrine where the two dramora are, on the left bookshelf thing i have found a *whatever* helmet of breathing on every single one of my playthroughs. idk if its just a wierd fluke but you can give it a shot

Shadow hide you...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:41 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim
Platform: Xbox
My first character was level 50+ when I finally had a chance to puchase a waterbreathe item to disenchant. Although I've never died by swimming underwater there were times when I gave up underwater exploring for fear of drowning. Was kind of frustrated in never being able to find or puchase something with the water breathing enchant. Second character had the chance to purchase a waterbreathing item right away, probably level 5 or so. Unfortunately I could not afford it at that time. The option to puchase was in Whiterun, probably Warmaiden.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:28 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Skyrim
Platform: PC, Xbox 360
Remember, you can buy enchanted armor items from:
Blacksmiths
General Goods vendors
Fences

Waterbreathing is a head-only enchant, so you need to buy armor pieces. I've never seen a jewelled circlet of waterbreathing in over 300 hours of gameplay. Doesn't mean you can't find one, but it's just a chance on the random item generation algorithm.

My first character was level 50 before I managed to purchase a set of boots with Muffle from Balimund. Never found one in dungeons, etc. I spent entirely too much time porting from city to city checking merchants looking for a set to buy. My second character found a set of Muffled boots in a dungeon chest around level 20.

It's all luck.

Moloch-Orc Paladin lvl 60
Companion, Stormcloak, Blood-Kin
Moira-Breton Mage lvl 54
Arch-Mage, Thief's Guild Associate

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:07 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: All of them
Platform: PC AND Xbox
Enigma1027 wrote:
after you do the mehrunes razor quest, when you go into the shrine where the two dramora are, on the left bookshelf thing i have found a *whatever* helmet of breathing on every single one of my playthroughs. idk if its just a wierd fluke but you can give it a shot

Did not work for me on the first try at least. I had completed the Mehrune's Razor quest but revisited the Shrine of Mehrunes Dagon.

There, on one shelf I did get an ORKISH HELMET OF MAJOR CONJURING and on the other shelf an ELVEN HELMET OF EMINENT ARCHERY. So I think perhaps there is a high chance of getting my waterbreathing helmet there if I wait until this cell respawns. Do not know that time but will try in a week then again after two weeks from game time now. I may have seen one somewhere else in the game, but already had the Volsung mask so did not keep it. Sorry now because I would like to enchant my own helmet that includes waterbreathing and a second enchantment. And of course the Volsung can not be unenchanted and learned.

The beauty of looking here is that you can get to the boss level of the cave in just a few seconds!! Not like getting to the end of some huge cave system.

Did anyone else find a waterbreathing helmet here?

============Edit after more game play==========
Waited 8 days, I think, and when I came back everything had respawned. This time on the left shelf was a HIDE HELMET OF MAGICKA and on the right shelf an ORCISH HELMET OF EXTREME ILLUSION. You can be I will be back here every week until my waterbreathing helmet shows up.

=============Next edit ==============
Another week or so later on the left was a Hide Helmet of Major Archery and on the right shelf was....

TA DA !!!! a Steel Plate Helmet of Waterbreathing.

Not sure how many waits you will need but on my third spawn (I believe it was a week though it might have been 10 days) I got the helmet I wanted!!

Last edited by Mountainman41 on Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:38 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:25 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Oblivion,Skyrim
Platform: PS3
Syrkin wrote:
. I've never seen a jewelled circlet of waterbreathing in over 300 hours of gameplay. Doesn't mean you can't find one, but it's just a chance on the random item generation algorithm.

I don't think it exists. While a Necklace of Waterbreathing is theoretically available from Lvl 1, all the other Armour pieces that carry the waterbreathing enchantment are helmets.

Mountainman, i honestly think it's down to pure luck finding such an enchanted item. With my first lvl 50+ character, i never found any weapon with the 'Paralysis' enchantment. With my second lvl 38 character, i've already found 4 such pieces. :?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]