UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:32 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: [SOLVED] How to get rid of my bounty? (Should be in wiki?)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:16 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion (PC, Collector's + DLC + Shivering Isles), Oblivion GOTY (PS3, currently), Skyrim (PS3)
Platform: PC, PS3
UESPoints: 0
Hello,

I have 1500 gold bounty in Solitude from one quest and I really want to get rid of it. I have read wiki page about bounty in Skyrim, but I can't fully understand.

I don't want to go to jail.
I don't want to pay off my bounty in the legal way.
I don't want to kill everyone in Solitude and its surroundings (aka Resist arrest option).
I don't have any more options to choose from.

My question is - Can I pay off the bounty through Thieves guild (I'm member, but did only few quests so far)? Can I bribe guard so that he clears my bounty in the hold (Do I need to have more speech skill to do that? Or that speech perk to bribe them?)? I haven't done any quest to raise my disposition in that hold (I'm not thane or anything like that).

I really want to erase my bounty, not only to calm down guards one by one...

Thanks for your help

Last edited by Pavouk106 on Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: How to get rid of my bounty?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:18 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Oblivion, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Skyrim
You can only pay off minor bounties as a member of the Thieves Guild, through a bribe to the guards, for petty crimes. If you've killed someone, then you wont be able to.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:24 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion (PC, Collector's + DLC + Shivering Isles), Oblivion GOTY (PS3, currently), Skyrim (PS3)
Thanks for reply.

I have bounty from one specific DB quest
Spoiler:
You know, I have killed false emperor and got the bounty on the bridge out there

so I don't know what crime I did...

If I get it, there is no way to get Solitude and its hold friendly again without visiting jail and without paying off my bounty? Maybe I should consider going to Solitude naked and empty and simply pay off... You know, thief character with lots of things to confiscate :P

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:32 pm 
Champion
Champion

You can bribe the guards for any bounty amount, IIRC, but you need to have completed the relevant Thieves Guild quest in that hold's city.
For Solitude that's The Dainty Sload. (a.k.a. Avron)
Spoilers for the quest in that link, obv.

So yeah. Pay the fine, criminal scum.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:10 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Well, I can do that quest. I wanted to continue my TG quest anyway.

So I will complete that quest and I than I will havethe oportunity to pay more gold to any guard to erase my bounty in the entire hold?

Is it possible to talk to the contact (from that quest) even if guards are after me?

You know going to the Blue Palace with the whole city behind you and getting attention even of the guards inside the palace (and possibly every single person there)... Not the kind of job I want to do :-D

I will probably pay off my bounty the standard way. Developers should have done better with that DB quest :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:28 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

News on this topic!

I have come to Solitude hold few minutes ago and when fighting some bandits in their camp, person named Bounty Collector appeared and helped me kill them. I thought he was hunting one of them, but he was after me.

Conversation was initiated from his side and he offered me to clear my bounty of 1500 gold if I pay him 1800 gold. I tried this and it works! :shock:

What a shame he was backstabbed right after it... :lol:

I haven't done anything specific (except finishing Speaking with silence from TG questline, but I don't think it has any role in this "random meeting").

If there are any wiki contributors here on forums, this should be confirmed by somebody else and added into wiki.

Summary: Won civil war as Stormcloak (so there are Stormcloak guards), got 1500 bounty in one of the late DB quests in Solitude hold, haven't high disposition in the hold (I'm not thane or anything like that), don't have perk to bribe guards, ran away from Solitude after the quest and got back to the hold (not in town) few days later, was intercepted by Bounty Collector and payed my bounty + 20% cut for collector. Now I don't have any bounty in Solitude hold. Maybe this is quest specific, maybe not, somebody else have to confirm that.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]