UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:31 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Leifnar's Death
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:33 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Oblivion and Skyrim.
Platform: PC and 360. Definitely not PS3.
UESPoints: 0
So under my 'Miscellaneous' quests there is one telling me to 'Report Leifnar's death to his family'. Now I don't even know who Leifnar is, how he died, or how I even found out he died. But I'm REALLY trying to clear my Miscellaneous quest board because it's cluttered and confusing. Pressing 'Show on map' doesn't give me any marker to locate his family so do any of you guys know where I could find em? Thanks.

A Man Chooses, A Slave Obeys

Post subject: Re: Leifnar's Death
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:41 pm 
Mod On Leave
Mod On Leave

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox, PC, STD
Other Profiles: Gamertag: MightyGo0dLeadr
UESPoints: 15
Make sure you don't have any other quests selected before you press the "Show on Map"

Also, searching for the name in the Wiki turned up this article Broken Helm Hollow check the related quests at the bottom.

Spoiler:
Help Grosta at Heartwood Mill locate Leifnarr. Heartwood Mill is located South-East of Riften on the eastern face of the small peak.

Post subject: Re: Leifnar's Death
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:06 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 0
I had the same thing happen to me. It's because you found Leifnarr's body - at Broken Hollow, if I recall correctly. I did some searching and found his family; his wife runs Heartwood Mill near Riften, around the lake.

Unfortunately, when I speak to her I cannot give her the news, nor can I actually acquire the quest. I can only assume that finding the body before getting the quest has broken the quest chain.

Hopefully they might fix it eventually. I hope this is of some use to you.

Edit: Okay, I found a way to fix the broken quest - if you're on the PC. Open the console, and type in the following <setstage FreeformHeartwoodMill 20> and hit enter (this will give you the initial quest and you can talk to Grosta about her husband whose body you are now supposed to find). Then open the console again and type <setstage FreeformHeartwoodMill 30> and hit enter, which should show in the quest log as you having found the body (which you'd already done anyway, lol). You should now be able to talk to Grosta and collect your reward.

Please note that you don't include the brackets < > when you type the command, they're there just to show you the parameters of what to type :wink:.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]